EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 3: EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

 

Dara went outside the campus, now at ease… She plugged her earphones in her ears and went back home.

 

‘DiiinnnNG~~~!!’

 

As she rang the doorbell, a boy with a cute smile who now seemed restless came running towards the gate to open it for Dara…

"Dara Noona!!!! Aaaaaa-I MISSED YOU! H-How was your day huh? Come inside now! I-I made dinner especially for my lovely Noona!"

"SEUNGRI-YA!!!! WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE AGAIN HUH?? I bet you know where i was before i got here! WHY'D YOU SKIP CLASSES? WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM... Y-YOU BRAT!!!"

"AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! STOP IT!!! THAT HURTS! You know how much i love music right? I couldn't have done that without any good reason!" Seungri said, now being pinched by Dara in the ear... "Then why did you miss your class? Where the hell did you go this morning??"

"Ssantokki?? Tokki-tokki! Did you miss me?" A lady's voice coming from upstairs was suddenly heard.

As she went down the stairs, Dara recognized where those extraordinary smooth, slender legs belong to…

“BOMMIE….? Bommie, Is that you? B-b-but how did you….? When did you…..?” Didn’t even know what to ask first, Dara was now being hugged by this girl with long, red, silky hair.

"Oh... that doesn't matter anymore! I'm here now! AREN'T YOU HAPPY?!" Bommie pouted, winking at Seungri.

 

"Don't tell me... That's why you skipped classes today?" Dara told Seungri, now blushing and scratching his head...

"Well, couldn't you forgive me now? At least I brought you a present..... *grin* Right?" Seungri said, chuckling.

"Don't get mad to maknae now, Dara... I know you've been depressed because of that effin'..... GUY!!! I came here to help you! Don't you want that??" Bommie asked, now pulling Dara towards the sofa.

"Aniyo. no no... I'm fine. I can get over it by myself. They both deserve each other... I'll be able to forget them in no time...  promise! Don't worry about me Bommie." Dara smiled weakly.

 

“I know you’re not yet fine Noona… I’ve been hearing you cry at night…” Seungri butted in, “Don’t get mad at me for saying this, but that already happened twice!!! How can we forget about your four-year relationship with Sephie, huh? That's what's happenning again right now with you and that !!!" Seungri added while preparing food for the two ladies.

"Exactly! This is the second time it happened. I know how to handle this, okay! I'm not a girl anymore! Actually, I'm quite proud of myself for getting out of that situation earlier than the last time, right?" Dara said, now feeling confident.

"I know, I know. But you still need someone now. You couldn't possibly handle everything by yourself... It's not healthy to isolate yourself, you know! Don't push us away!!! And look at you! Look at my cousin's figure Seungri! Isn't it... a bit too.... LIMPY?!" Bom laughed, teasing her cousin.

Dara pouted her pink lips, with disappointment… "~Yah!!! Don't make fun of my figure!! I love my body!!! It's not that thin! At least I can wear whatever I want!!!" Dara, with her arms crossed, is now trying to convince Bom.

"Hey... why don't you both eat first. Let's continue the talking while we're eating. *scratch head* I made kimchee rice for us, and you didn't even notice it!!! hmpf!" Seungri’s now sounding upset as he pouted.

"Ooooh, maknae! You really look like your siste whenever you do that! *smiles* Suuuuuuper cute!!!" Bom pinched Seungri’s cheek, teasing him. 

“Stop it Bommie Noona! I’m not a kid anymore… See this!? …And this?! It’s called... MUSCLES!” Seungri is now kissing his small, flexed biceps. Three of them suddenly burst into laughter and continued eating.

"So tell me Ssantokki... what's been keeping you busy these days?" Bom asked, taking a chunk of cake they are now having, for dessert.

"Actually, I went to this new store earlier and I met this sweet girl who works there. *blinkblink* She even gave me her number and asked if I can tour her here in Korea since she's new here in Korea!" Dara told Bommie who is now eating another slice of cake.

"OOOOH! Oooooh! That's great! Text her now! Let's meet up next Saturday! *grin* I was invited to this concert and I happen to have 3 VIP tickets!!! Let's bring her with us!" Bom excitedly said.

"Wait!!! How about me Bommie Noona?! Couldn't I come with you?! *pout* I want to see a concert too!!!" Seungri’s now looking disappointed at her cousin… "Whose concert is it by the way? And how did you get the tickets?!" 

"Well, a week before I went here, I happen to meet a great man back in L.A. who works with T.O.P., the one who's having the concert next month... Is he famous here?!" 

"T.O.P.????? You're so lucky Bommie!!! He's a very famous rapper here in Korea!!! He has this unique voice that I'm envious to have!!! And a friend said that he studied at the same school I am in right now! He's my idol!!! Oh c'mon Noona!! Dara doesn't like him anyways so just give that  ticket to me instead!" Seungri exclaimed, now being delighted about what he just heard!

"Riri, stop being selfish! I thought we agreed to make your Noona happy again?! I can do something to get another ticket, so don't you worry about that maknae!" Bom winked, as she went to the kitchen to wash the dishes.

"Wait a minute, aren't you tired yet Noona?! *confused* Didn't you experience any jetlag or something? You came all the way from L.A. and yet you didn't look sleepy at all! You even volunteered to do the dishes? ~Whoa!" Seungri blurted, as his eyes widen with surprise!

"Well, I couldn't sleep while Dara here still looks depressed! And where there's food, I can keep myself awake for like, FOREVER!!! *laughs* Besides, I missed you two!" Bom answered as she wiped her soft hands with a paper towel after being done with the dishes. "~Omo! I almost forgot! *shocked* I bought something for you! But, you  have to help me unpack first..." the three of them carried her luggage upstairs and went to Dara’s room.

"Are you sure you want to sleep here? Riri and I can fix the guest room for you. I mean, I know you couldn't sleep with the lights on... and you know me... I don't turn off the----" Dara was cut off by Bom who’s now looking around Dara’s room.

"Well, I'm here to take care of you! I want you to have a good night sleep tonight, arasso? Oh, and by the way.... *pause*  What's this picture still doing here?!? And this bear too!!! ~EEEW! We should throw this away! Or better yet, just burn everything!!! You can't possibly forget him if everything in your room still reminds you of that bastard! *shakes head* Tsssssss..." Bom’s now pouting out of disappointment… she couldn’t believe Dara is still keeping those things.

"II was plannning to do that... *bites lip* I just.... uhh... Don't have time right now..." Dara said hesitantly.

“Don’t you fool me Ssantokki! I’ve known you since birth! I know when you’re lying or not!!! Oh c’mon! Help yourself forget about him…. He’s not worth your love!!”

"Oh, alright... I'll just leave this on the garage or somewhere... let's just not throw or burn it! It still has good memories in it, if you know what I mean..." Dara is now having her puppy-eye look.

"Well then, let's find a place tomorrow to hide these stuff..." Bom said, handling the bear with disgust. "Now, can we wash and go to sleep? We still have a lot of catching up to do tomorrow!" 

"O-okay, you go first. I'll just put all of this in a box..." Dara answered, while looking at the picture of her love…. Choi Minho.