A DATE WITH THE RISING SUN

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 20: A DATE WITH THE RISING SUN

[DARA’S POV]

 

I really don’t feel like going to the coffee shop right now. I don’t want to go there and let Youngbae see my puffy eyes! I don’t want him to think that I am a very weak girl… a cry baby! But I already replied to his text an hour ago. And I promised Bom that I will take my mind off Minho and start entertaining Youngbae. *sigh~ Maybe I really should go and meet up with him after all. Maybe, by meeting new people, it’ll help me forget everything easier…

“Noona! I still have to get back to school before the program starts! Minji already texted me. She said, we still have to practice before we perform! Come on now! Are you still crying?! Tshhhh. Stop thinking about it anymore! Don’t make me get mad at you now Noona!” Seungri yelled, knocking on my room door. He just went home to get the speakers because they still want to practice before they dance on stage, when he saw me crying at our garage. He got really affected by what he saw, that I think he is now worried that I might do something to myself again. Now, he doesn’t want to leave me here alone! Why do I get the feeling that he’s now more mature than me?

“Alright.. I’m almost done!” I answered while putting a concealer on. It’s really hard to hide my swollen eyes! Darn!  I now held onto the doorknob and took a deep sigh before opening it and leaving the house.

“Text me when you get to the coffee shop, arasso? Bommie and I will go there after the program… I wanna meet that ‘mystery guy’ you’re all talking about. I’m going to interrogate that guy! Haha…” Seungri smiled. I think he’s trying to get my mind off to what I did earlier because he doesn’t usually allow me to go on a date unless he gets to know the guy first. After what happened to my relationship with Minho, Seungri suddenly became an “Oppa” instead of a “Dongsaeng”. I think he also got afraid of seeing me become depressed again, because I always do something stupid when I feel down to the point of slashing my wrist and grabbing a knife, just to end this life. I’m really sorry Ri. I dragged you along with me in this pain that I’m always keeping inside my chest…

“Ne. I’ll text you Ri. Hwaiting! *smiles* you’re the best dancer out there! I know a lot of girls will scream when they see you perform! And our mailbox will be packed again with chocolates and love letters because of all your admirers. Haha.” I smiled back, messing up with his hair. He really hates it when I do that! But I want him to know that he doesn’t have to worry about me anymore. He has to focus on his performance later. GOSH! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! Why can’t I think of the people around me whenever I am reminded of him? I feel like, I’ve become a burden to the people around me for too long already!

“Noona! You know how I hate that! I just fixed my hair! Well anyway, I have to go this way, and you have to go that way, so… see you later! Go there safely! Focus on the street you’re walking on and not on something else, okay? Did you get what I am trying to say?” he said as he looked at me straight in the eye, trying to check if I am really listening to him. He always worries a lot because of me. And I can’t blame him. His Noona is a pain in the !

“Yes. I already said you don’t have to worry about me! I’ll be okay… eventually.” I uttered as I hugged him and we both walked separate ways. I grabbed my phone to look at the time, and to check if Youngbae texted me. OOMYGHAAA! It’s 3:00 pm already? I made him wait at the coffee shop from 9am-3pm? Gosh! I hope he’s still there!

Finally, I arrived at the coffee shop. I grabbed the door and tried to see where he is seated…

“Dara-ssi… Over here!” I suddenly heard Youngbae’s voice from the left side of the café as soon as I entered.

He looks like an American guy. He wears a nice leather jacket, plain white shirt, a pair of low waist jeans and a fine pair of sneakers with gold details in it. He is actually handsome! His eyes are tiny slits of happiness that always smiles when someone greets him. His teeth are perfect pearly whites. His body is totally buff, like that of a swimmer… Even though he looks tough on the outside, his aura totally leaves a mark on people, giving them a lighter feeling just by his presence! He is really like the sun! He shines bright, sharing his sweet light to everybody around him…

“So… How’s it going? *smiles* Stressed? Did you have a lot of patients earlier?” Youngbae smiled, and as expected, I suddenly felt less sad, just seeing his brightness! We always meet by accident, that’s why I haven’t noticed how beautiful he is. Just by his face, I can already say that he is a good guy…

“How come, you asked that? *fixes hair* Does it reflect on my looks now? Do I look stressful? ~Omo! I’m sorry…” it’s very hard for me to hide my feelings… CL said that everybody can tell how I am feeling, just by looking at my face… Hmp! How will I hide these puffy eyes now?

“Ani… Ani… *chuckle* You’re funny! What I mean is, I thought you’re not going to join me here. I texted you earlier this morning and you responded 3 hours later… that’s why I assumed that you’ve been busy.” Youngbae smiled sweetly and laughed as he shook his head. He is really cute! But I can’t feel the drumming of my heart even if he looks perfect! Why is it like this? Maybe because I’m still not over with Minho? Or is it because of G-Dragon? Grrr… NO! He’s arrogant---A rascal! He’s a fake! Arghhh! -----------------Wait. Why did he pop into my head again?! Earlier, I was just crying while reading Minho’s letters to me… and now GD bothers my thoughts again? I think I now need to have an appointment to a psychiatrist! Arghhh!

“Is there something bothering you? You seem distracted… If you want, you can share your thoughts with me. *smiles* don’t worry; everything you’ll share with me is only between us. I promise!” He smiled gently as he assured me that he can be trusted. I know he is trustworthy, just by looking at him. He has this ‘good boy’ image in him. I just can’t tell him about my thoughts, because GD is his friend!

 “Oh! *giggles* it’s nothing. Anyway, yes… I’ve been busy earlier. Do you know that YGE just had a medical exam earlier? I was the nurse sent there.” I answered, hoping to change the topic. And then I realized, “Wait… I was actually wondering why you weren’t there. Did you have something important to go to earlier? If you don’t mind me asking…” I suddenly remembered that I haven’t seen Youngbae at their company earlier!

“Err… something just came up. I had to fix something important back home. Uhmm…” Youngbae smiled as he glanced at his phone. He was supposed to say something, luckily his phone lit up, and he’s now reading the text! *whew~ I hope he won’t ask why I look sad… Hmmmm….

“Oh is that so? Anyway, did I make you wait too long? I’m really sorry. I just cleaned our house before I went here…” Yeah. I actually ‘cleaned’ all the bad memories Minho left me. Before we went here, Ri poured gas on our garbage bin at the backyard, and burned the letters there! I was still planning to keep it, but he took it from my hand and torn it to two before throwing it into the fire! Maybe he really knows what he was doing…

“No… It’s okay. *smile* I’m with a friend earlier, but he has to go somewhere that’s why I texted you…” Youngbae smiled as he called the waitress. “Ms, can I have a Strawberry Frappuccino for my friend here… please!”

“No… it’s okay! *blush* I should be the one treating you! I know that you got bored waiting for me here. And I really want to make it up to you.”

“Haha… I’m a guy! Guys don’t want their ‘girl’ friends to pay whenever they hang out! We’re friends now right? Don’t worry about it…” Youngbae answered, as he smiled and bowed his head.

Silence now filled our table for I think, he is trying to find an interesting topic to talk about, while I am busy with my own thoughts. I’m not usually like this. I always talk a lot and smile a lot, especially to the ones I’m attracted to. And I admit---I kinda have an attraction for this guy, but I don’t have feelings for him. Those two emotions are totally different from each other. I just admire Youngbae’s ability to make other people’s sadness lessened. His aura is similar to that of CL-roo's! But the feeling of being with him is nothing compared to the feeling whenever I see GD! Actually, GD is the opposite of Youngbae. He looks like a pretty boy, but I think when you look on the inside, you'll see a badass kid who knows nothing in life, but to live luxuriously, making money by breaking thousands of fan girls’ hearts! I think he knows that I am a fan of his, that’s why he is always making those cute faces whenever he sees me! And I almost fell for his trap! ----------GOSH!!!! NO NO NO!!! *shakes head* He is a celebrity Dara! STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM!!! I should stop this nonsense before I'll be able to totally fall for him! I have to remind myself how painful it is when I fall in love again!! DARA!!! Think of how Minho and Sephie broke your heart!!!! Guys, especially the ones who look pretty and kind on the outside... they are the ones who turn out to be players!! ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT! Aishhhht! Why do i keep on forgetting about all the pain I got because of that stupid feeling they call LOVE???

“Here’s your strawberry Frappuccino sir. Is there anything else you want to add with that? If you need anything, just call me. My name is Mina.” The waitress broke the silence, as she smiled and offered their pastries. Finally, Youngbae had the courage to ask me a question…

“Please. It’s been bothering me too! What are you thinking about? I want to help… maybe if you let it out, your sadness will be lessened.”

“No. I’m not really depressed. I don’t have a problem…”

“Haha. *chuckles* Don’t get mad at me for being persuasive, but I know you cried before going here. I can see it in your eyes! You know, it is bad to keep your problems to yourself. It really helps if you let it out sometimes.” Youngbae answered as his face turned serious, looking concerned why I cried earlier.

“Uhmm, okay. Let me just ask you a question… What will you do if you had a heart breaking past, and you just want to forget about it? What is the fastest way to make you forget?” I blurted out; as I can see that he really looked curious and concerned of how I am acting. My thoughts keep flooding my mind that I almost forgot that I am with Youngbae!

“Hmmmm. To be honest, I have never been in love, that’s why I don’t know if I’ll be able to help you with your love problem, but I’ll try! *smiles* well, I think you cannot figure out the fastest way to forget about it, all you have to do is wait. ‘Time heals all wounds…’ that’s what my mom always says to me. And telling others what you’re feeling right now, it sometimes helps you let go. So why don’t you just share your problem to me? Try me… maybe we can figure solving it out together. That’s what friends are for right? Sorry. I know I am corny. Haha.” Youngbae laughed as he smiled at me. He really knows what to say! Even if he said that he has never experienced being in love before, everything he says makes sense. Now I think I admire him more! He has a lot of wisdom and he is a good friend you can rely on! I thought all he wants is to date me, but now, I think he just wants to be friends! And I’m glad about that…

“No! Absolutely not! Actually, I appreciate you so much! You really are a great friend, even if this is the first day that we’ll get to know each other. *smiles* honestly, I feel comfortable talking to you! You are kind and sweet, but not in a romantic way. And I like that!”

“Err… I like you Dara, from the first time I saw you, honestly. But I think it is rude and very selfish to only think about my feelings and ignore yours! That’s why I want to help you. Because I don’t want to look at you and see that sad frown you are always wearing! And I want us to be good friends!” Youngbae said, as he smiled and drank his coffee. This guy is really cool! If only it were someone else, they would not notice my sadness, and just pursue their real intentions with me…

“SO? What is it? Why would a guy hurt a very kind girl like Dara?”

“Is it really alright to share my past to you? Wouldn’t that be awkward? Two people having a date and it would just end up, talking about my horrible past? Haha. I am just concerned about you…”

“Haha. Oh no! Please, feel comfortable sharing your pain with me. It will help you.. I promise! I’ll just listen. Besides, I think it will be bad to have a romantic date while the girl I am with is just forcing herself to date me just for her to forget right? By the way, I am not offended. I completely understand your situation, even if I haven’t experienced love yet. Believe me. it’s alright Dara-ssi. Think of it as an ordinary date with a new friend. It’s also a way to get to know you, if you know what I mean.”

“Okay.. since you already said that you’re very persuasive, I’ll try opening up to you now. Hmmm. How will I start? It is a very long story to begin with. Do you have enough time to listen to it? I don’t want to ruin any plans if you made one after this. Haha.”

“Is it really that long? Wow. Seems we will really know each other after this! *smiles* Go on. Don’t think about me. I didn’t make any other plans besides chilling here. I’ll be a listener today, and I’m actually honoured because you trust me… Thank you! *smiles* please begin.” Youngbae flashed his innocent smile again. He is now staring at me, showing me that he is eager to listen to what I am about to say. He really is a warm-hearted person! I didn’t feel awkward at all! Even if I don’t open up easily to other people, he makes it easier for me to share my past with him! I hope his plan will work and he will be able to help me forget…

“Well, let’s just start by telling you how my first serious relationship ended…” I uttered, as I told him about Sephie, my first love…