STRONG IMPULSES

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 30: STRONG IMPULSES

The beam of sunshine strikes the Kwon’s Mansion impeccably. Every utensil, plate, glass and crystal handle inside the kitchen sparkle like minerals found in a hidden paradise buried under the earth. But the scene inside the kitchen is worse than ever! The helpers are panic-stricken, with expressions covered in fear! Dara’s enticing eyes now showed worry with tears almost falling from her cheeks! She has no clue that she’s still a living thing, or where she exactly is… all she wants now is to wake up from this beautiful dream that turned out to be a nightmare! She cleared , wiped her now sweating palms on the heavenly bathrobe that she wears, and tried to speak, but nothing came out! She gathered all the liquids inside and gulped once more… She finally was able to utter a sentence with a trembling voice. “Well? Please… I’m confused right now! Where Am I?”

“Err… You’re in-----” the oldest among the ladies standing nervously in front of her was about to answer her question but fell open, and she suddenly became a breathing statuette as if she saw medusa’s eyes and she was instantly turned into stone! Dara’s insides are now freaking out! She looked at the lady named Sue, and asked a more frightening question…

“What? WHY? What’s the matter?” Dara anxiously asked. She knows that Sue’s eyes are pointed behind her, and her expression gives a frightening impression. Holy-mother-of-all-peppers! Ah-I think the devil is s-standing behind me! She thought, as she felt her whole body shiver, her eyes wider than she has ever imagined! She doesn’t know what will happen to her poor soul if she looks at him, but she is so tempted and curious to look behind her. She wants to know if all of this is REAL. And the only thing left to do to assure her that this is really happening is by looking at the creature everyone in this place is scared of! She immediately turns around even if her heart is still unprepared to accept the horrifying event that will happen…

~*---*~

Jiyong forgot everything he is worried about earlier. As soon as he saw Dara’s alluring beauty, his attention is automatically focused on her alone. The ray of sun perfectly hits her milky skin. Her innocent eyes sparkle stunningly. He didn’t notice that Dara already showed herself to his helpers until… She talked! He suddenly popped out from behind the expensive vase he is hiding in, gesturing the maids to not tell that Dara is in the Kwon’s Mansion! Don’t tell or…*I’ll chop your heads off!*

“What? WHY? What’s the matter?” Dara asked as Jiyong was about to duck and hide behind the vase but it was too late! Dara already saw him before he could even move! He stood like a frozen fish with popping eyes! His guts are alarmed and panicking, but he can’t seem to move even the smallest part of his body… WHAT THE! Son of a b*tch! What now?! Think Ji! Think of a plan to escape!

Dara stood still like a mannequin in a boutique – she’s still gorgeous even with a surprised expression... But Jiyong wasn’t able to notice it anymore! His heart is now hammering faster than a galloping horse! His expression is different though – his mouth is still closed, but his eyes weren’t able to blink! He stared at Dara, hopeless in finding a way to make an explanation reasonable for Dara to accept! Now, his mouth fell open – He tried to speak, uttering anything that crosses his mind, but nothing! – His mind… BLANK. Finally, a sound was heard from his swollen, quivering mouth…

“Uhh…”

~*---*~

Dara wasn’t able to blink her adorably-shaped eyes! She’s speechless – her heart jumped because of nervousness, but her heart jumped even higher as soon as she saw the man now standing in front of her! She felt her cheeks getting warmer as she flustered! Suddenly, she forgot that she is scared a while ago. I mean, can you believe this? Jiyong, the man that made my mind go on a strike, the man that forced my heart to be at war with my mind… he’s here before my eyes!!! This is more confusing than being in hell! She thought, as she somehow felt that her anxiety lessened and finally decides to reply back…

“Uhh?”

“Err.. uhmm…”

“Ehh?”

“Uhh……”

“Huh?” Dara asked, without giving a damn if anything she uttered made sense. Her thoughts are jumbled! Every sound Jiyong made as a reply to Dara’s confusing groans are also senseless! And she can tell that Jiyong is as confused and astounded as she is! She then looked at Jiyong’s striking eyes and saw that he looked at her from head to toe, his eyes now fixed on Dara’s pale toes! She looked at herself – her eyes widen and her cheeks turned crimson as she stared back at Jiyong’s weird expression! He is not moving his eyes from gazing at her! She immediately covered her torso, placing both of her arms on her shoulders, forming an ‘x’ in front of her chest! She twisted her legs, crossing the right foot to the left ----- Bullcrap! Ah-I… I feel ! Ottokae? Ottokae? OTTOKAAAAE?????

Jiyong’s brain went back to his head as he saw Dara covering her body in front of him! It appears to have been awakened from the oasis he’s been trapped in a minute ago! ! What have I done? Did I just look at her and stared at her for… for… for 1 whole minute?! Ayeeeeesh! I can’t help it! I don’t know what to do! I panicked when nothing came out from my mind until I didn’t realize that I was already admiring her! She is the one who makes my whole system feel relaxed! She is the reason why I have already written 10 songs for the past 2 weeks! She’s my haven… The thought of her is my stress reliev----

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!” Jiyong’s mind flooded by the thought of the girl in front of him suddenly was swept away by a screeching sound coming from Dara! She suddenly squatted and bowed her head, burying her face in her own palms. It now came to Jiyong’s mind that she is actually bursting into tears! ! My dream girl is crying! He thought, as he didn’t think twice and immediately rushed towards her. As he reached Dara’s spot, he suddenly hesitated to follow what his heart is telling him – to hug her tight and tell her that everything’s gonna be alright… Instead, he stepped backward, tapped Dara gently on the shoulders and offered his hand like a prince asking his princess to dance with him! Please, this is the best I can do to comfort you… I don’t want you to feel that I am taking advantage Dara… I just want to help you…

“WHOA!” All the helpers’ mouths fell open! They gasped in shock as they witnessed what Jiyong just did! This is the first time they have ever seen their master caring for another human being! Every music video he has… shows sensuality, not this --- This is SWEET! Eumi, Jess and Tanya felt a bit envious of the girl. The three of them all have hidden crush on their master, but Jin and Sue blushed and were moved by his actions. They both felt that the kind of gesture Jiyong just showed the pretty lady is a sign… a sign that this is the start of change inside Kwon’s mansion… inside Jiyong’s heart.

“She’s a four-leaf clover! She’s our rainbow! I knew it!! Even devils are capable of change!” Sue whispered, as she slapped all the other maids’ butts and signalled them to keep quiet…

“WaaaHAAAAAAAAAH!” Dara whimpered even louder! She glanced at Jiyong and pushed his hand away, stood up and continued to cry behind her palms… She threw tantrums in front of him and everyone else, stomping her feet louder and louder until it became numb! She didn’t mind what they will think of her for she is confused, shocked, angry, and hurt all at the same time! She continued crying even if she knows deep in her heart that she felt relieved when she saw Jiyong! Somehow, she found Jiyong’s scary eyes to be the most comfortable place on earth! She felt safe and secured. The moment she saw him until now that she is crying her heart out, she just wants to hug him and feel his warmth, but she refused to follow her heart! She got angry! She felt she was being played at! She felt STUPID---

~Omo! Wha-What’s happening? She suddenly felt her body being carried like a sack of potatoes! She removed her palms from her face and stopped crying for a moment – she now saw the world upside down, with Jiyong’s back in front of her eyes! “NO!! PUT ME DOWN! DO YOU HEAR ME?? PUT. ME. DOWN!!” She yelled while Jiyong continued walking from the kitchen going up the stairs and now into the room next to where she was asleep earlier. She wagged her feet and punched Jiyong’s back continuously! Why is he doing this? What is he planning to do? I want to get out of here! I still need to work! Today is my first day in a morning shift! And I am absent because of this!! PLEASE! HEEEELP!!!!!!!

Jiyong threw her body on his bed and stood with his back against the wall. He looks scary… incredibly handsome, but SCARY! His lower lip is bleeding… What happened when I fell asleep? How did he get that bleeding lip? Arghhh! I shouldn’t have drunk a lot of milk and anti-histamine last night! Yes, that’s what I do whenever my insomnia is attacking – I drink allergy medicines because it contains narcotics that helps a person feel sleepy! But last night, even if I already did everything to make myself sleep, nothing worked! I thought I wouldn’t be able to sleep last night… until that time when I finally agreed with my heart. I told him I liked him! Wait… Did he hear what I said? Oh! Ottokae!? That would be embarrassing! She thought, as Jiyong wiped the blood at the corner of his swollen lip, gazed at her intensely, and went near her!

Is he going to… “NOOOOO!” Dara yelled as she covered her face with her palms when she felt Jiyong’s breath brushing her hair. “PLEASE! I WANT TO GO HOME!”

~*---*~

Jiyong ran out of ideas! He just wants to help Dara, but she pushed his hand away! So… she just ignored my sweet gesture, huh? She’s the only girl who can resist me! This is challenging!! I love challenge!! Time for plan B! He thought, as he couldn’t control his lips from smirking and bent down, locking his arms around Dara’s thighs – he carried her! I don’t care what you’ll think of me anymore! I know you’ll not listen and you’ll just cry until your eyes pop out! This is the only way I can make you listen!!! He told himself as he continued walking; not minding the pain Dara is causing him as she constantly punched his back real hard! At last, they arrived at his room…

Okay. Whether you want me or not, whether last night really happened or is just a part of my hallucination, I DON’T CARE! I need to let this all out! I’ve been hiding this feeling for a long time already! I got scared. Worried. Nervous! But now’s my chance! Nothing’s gonna stop me now… Jiyong thought, as he decides to sit on a modernized black chair that is shaped like a human ! Ughh… Can I really do this? * forehead* I feel like I’m going to die before I can say a word! ! He wants his nerves to calm down and relax, but it seems impossible to do it while Dara is in front of him! He tried to move and turns his back at her just to calm his nerves, but Dara tried to run! He immediately grabbed her wrist, pulled her closer and carried her like what newly-weds do! But Dara is strong! She keeps on pushing his chest, punching it until he coughs! No matter what you do, there’s nothing that can stop me now!! Don’t make me do what my mind tells me to do… or you’ll get scared to death! Jiyong told himself as he went beside a drawer and managed to grab something while still carrying Dara on his arms! Dara couldn’t see what he took from that drawer, but she can sense that the next thing that will happen is going to be really bad! She stared at Jiyong whose eyes are now penetratingly fixed at her! Her tears are already at the corners of her eyes! “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! LET ME GO!! PLEASE JIYONGIE, PLEASE!”

Jiyong threw her again on the bed. There’s only one thing that will solve this… I’m sorry but I have to do this. You leave me no choice Dara… Mian. He told himself as he immediately went near panicking Dara before she can escape, AGAIN...

Dara yelled, covering her face with her palms as soon as she felt Jiyong’s breath brushing her hair. “PLEASE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I WANT TO GO HOME!” Jiyong didn’t listen. He grabbed both of Dara’s hands and placed it on the bars of his headboard, securing it with… handcuffs!

“STOP! STOP! PLEASE!!! LET ME GO!! *sobs* if you let me go, I won’t tell any of this to the press and police! Let’s just forget that this happened, okay? OH, COME ON! I know you’re not a bad guy, Jiyongie! *sobs and then pauses* Wait a minute! What have I done to you, huh? W-Why are you doing this to me?”

“AYEEEESH!! I CAN’T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!” Jiyong yelled as he wasn’t able to control his frustration, and throws a pillow on the floor! “DO YOU THINK I’LL BE ABLE TO HURT YOU? I DON’T HURT GIRLS NO MATTER HOW ANGRY I AM! I can’t hurt girls especially… YOU!!! SO WILL YOU JUST LISTEN FIRST??”

“Huh? *tilts head* Wha-What?” Dara’s eyes grew bigger and her heart skipped a beat! Her tears suddenly stopped as she stared at the man standing in front of her! What did he say? He can’t hurt girls… especially me?? What does he mean by that? I-Is he ---------- Nahh! That’s not possible! I am just an ordinary girl… It can’t be!! Dara thought, as she tried sitting up but her hands are tightly secured on the headboard of Jiyong’s bed! She then cleared , and uttered, “Then… Then… WHAT IS THIS? WHY AM I BEING CUFFED LIKE THIS?” She’s now hysterical! She keeps on kicking her feet in the air as she continued, “LET ME GO! GET THESE CUFFS OFF ME!!”

“Will you… hear me first? I… I need to tell you something important…” Jiyong’s loud voice suddenly became soft. He doesn’t know where to start! He stood still, his left arm on his stomach, supporting the other arm, with his right fist now touching his own lips… he gazed at Dara – his intense eyes suddenly became subtle – Her lips are deadly! I can die by just imagining the way it felt… Ahhh… Her neck! I never notice how beautiful they are! I want to kiss it --- ! Focus Ji! *shakes head* Focus!! There’s no other time to do this!! Do it now! He thought, as something suddenly blocked his voice box, finding it very impossible to speak. His nervousness and anxiety already went to his nerves! His impulses started exploding once more! “ARGHH!!! WHY?? WHY IS IT SO HARD TO TALK TO YOU? WHY DO I ALWAYS RUN OUT OF THINGS TO SAY WHENEVER YOU’RE LOOKING AT ME!? WHAT IS IT THAT YOU HAVE, HUH? WHAT???”

Dara’s mouth fell as she heard what Jiyong said! Eeeeeeesh! This guy!! Dara thought, as she replied with anger. “Ehh….? YAAAAAH!! EXCUSE ME?? Aishhht!! *shakes head* I can’t believe this!”

“Ughh… Err… What I mean is, *puhut* don’t you still get it???”

“WHAT…? GOSH!! Whatever it is that you want to tell me, spit it out! RIGHT NOW!” Dara yelled! She just wants to end this! She just wants to ask a lot more questions because she’s still confused! But when she glared at Jiyongie, she suddenly felt that this guy is afraid of something! He looks hesitant to tell what he has to say to her! “WHAT IS IT? Crap! Did you kill somebody?? Did you crash Bom’s car last night?? What is it you’re so nervous to tell me?! PLEASE! Tell me now!! My hands hurt… and I still need to----“

“Ah-I like you Dara…” Jiyong muttered, but Dara didn’t seem to hear what he said..

“Huh?”

“Will you stop talking and just listen to me?? I like you, OKAY? I WANT YOU!!” Jiyong paused as he finally felt his heart at peace. His face went scarlet as he glanced back at Dara and saw that her beautiful mouth is now opened in surprise! He then gathered all the courage left in his body and continued, “From the first time I saw you, I became like this! I couldn’t think straight… I stutter with just a memory of your scent!” Jiyong looked at Dara who is still speechless and shocked! “I have never let myself fall for anyone… until YOU crossed my path!”

~*---*~

15 minutes have already passed but both of them are still staring at each other… Awkward silence spread throughout the room rapidly. Nobody dared to start a conversation. Jiyong doesn’t know how to continue what he was saying for this is his first time confessing to the girl he likes! Actually, this is the first time he has ever felt this way! Dara on the other hand, doesn’t know how to react towards what she just heard…

Did I hear it right? Did he really say he likes me? No… he said something better – he wants… ME!! ‘Like’ is what people say when they simply admire a person… but ‘WANT’ is what a person says when he needs her! *flushed* Hmmm… Am I overanalysing again? Wait! If he wants me… Why am I being treated like this? Dara thought, as she finally breaks the silence…

“Err… W-Why am I still chained on your bed?”

“Oh… I’m sorry. I just thought you wouldn’t listen if I will not do this. Sorry.” Jiyong uttered with sincerity. He carefully unlocked the shackles and released Dara’s hand from being seized. He sat back and stared at her. Dara stared back with bashfulness in her innocent eyes… What now?

“Uhmm… water?” Jiyong asked timidly as he poured water on an empty clean glass.

“Yes please.” Dara answered quickly, with a soft, calm voice. She felt exhausted! It felt like, millions of brain cells just died inside her head. First, she thought she was dead… and then, Jiyong appeared and she thought he planned to do something bad to her… and now, she discovered that the man who made her heart flutter also has the same pleasant feeling towards her! She drank the water as if she was deprived from drinking for a week! She then politely handed Jiyong the empty glass and sat back at the edge of the bed, staring blankly. He wants me… Nothing can be processed inside her brain except for those words. She can feel that her cheeks are now as red as cherries! I-Is he… staring at me? She asked herself, but she didn’t dare to look at Jiyong – she’s afraid that Jiyong might find out that she actually has feelings for him too!

“Uhmm… Where are my clothes? By any chance… D-did you---” Dara asked as she glanced at herself. She flushed even more and peered inside her silk robe, thinking that Jiyong might have seen her body! She flustered harder than ever and covered her body with Jiyong’s own blanket!

“Err…Your clothes, I sent them to the laundry. *touches lower lip* And… Eumi took care of you while you were asleep. Don’t worry. I didn’t look.” Jiyong said, as he glanced at Dara whose eyes are now squinting! He couldn’t control himself from smirking! Dara thought that while Eumi is undressing her, Jiyong is observing them!

“YAAH! You didn’t look… but you didn’t even care to go out?”

“Of course… *soft chuckles* I went outside. Do you really think…?” Jiyong asked, but when he glanced at Dara, she seems lost as she stares blankly at the ceiling. Her expression suddenly changed, as she started speaking again…

“OH MY GOSH! Where’s turtle? My phone? My napki---” she stopped. She placed her hand in front of her lips as her eyes widen and she flustered even more! She immediately stood up and rushed towards the room beside Jiyong’s…

“Shoot!” Dara uttered as she lifted the quilt of the guest room’s bed. “Ottokae? What to do now, what to do??”

“What is it?” Jiyong suddenly asked as he appeared behind Dara, confused of how she is reacting right now! “What happened? Your phone, it’s… in a safe place.”

“No, it’s not that! I did something bad! Oh, what to do??” Dara panicked again, her face now scarlet. “Ah-I… I did a crime on this bed!”

“huh?”

“I-It’s… its a girl thing!”

“You mean… that stain?” Jiyong asked, trying to control his laughter, as his lips and eyes are pointed at Dara’s behind! Dara immediately turned to face him and covered her !

“What? You mean…??”

“Yeah. It’s already there when I saw you in the kitchen.” Jiyong said with a blank expression on his face.

“WHAAAAT? *sobs* Eeheeeesh! Ottokae?” Dara pouted and blushed, as she started walking backwards, making sure that Jiyongie won’t be able to see the stained robe. “Don’t look! Where’s the bathroom?”

“Why? *smirks* I already saw it! I even carried you remember?” Jiyong blurted as he finds it very entertaining to see Dara blush in front of him! Dara felt embarrassed as she stomped her feet and covered her , bit her lower lip and hurried to lean her back against the nearest wall she can see! Jiyong then pointed the way to the bathroom. Dara rushed towards the door and slammed it real hard! She hasn’t felt this type of embarrassment before! She spoke, her voice is echoing inside the heavenly walls of the bathroom…

“Err… Do you have a napk --- Oh, of course you don’t! How stupid! Never mind…”

~knock knock!

“Open the door…” Jiyong uttered as he stood and controlled his laughter again. Dara is the cutest creature he has ever seen! His heart drummed rapidly, making his eyes sparkle! The bathroom door opened slightly and Jiyong’s hand suddenly went inside the bathroom, holding 2 neatly covered sanitary napkins.

“B-but… How?”

“I have an older sister. I hope she won’t mind if I snatched a couple. Uhmm… I’ll just be downstairs, preparing breakfast. I’ll wait for you there.”

“WA-WAIT!” Dara shouted and bit her lower lip as she slammed the door again. “D-Don’t think that this is okay with me --- ITS NOT!! You Kidnapped me, I became absent at work and Bom and Seungri might be worried sick right now!”

“Okay. *smirks* I get it… See you downstairs.” Jiyong answered, as a smile was formed on his lips… Even if Dara is inside the bathroom and they are talking with a wall between them, he can still imagine her face and reaction. He giggled and became a child again… He was about to leave the room when he remembered something bothering his mind. He then spoke…

“Uhmm… Before I go down, can I ask you something?” Jiyong uttered, as he poured water at an empty glass, and drank it slowly. He then continued, “It’s okay if you’ll answer it later during breakfast… I just want to know…”

Oh no! I-Is he going to ask my reaction about what he said? Is he waiting for me to tell him that I like him too? ANDWE! NO!!! I’m not ready yet! And everything happened so fast! I’m… I’m not an easy girl!! Urrrghhh! He’s such a spoiled brat! If he thinks he always gets what he wants, well… NOT THIS TIME! I like him, yes… but that doesn’t mean that I am ready to let a guy in my heart! Especially a perfectly beautiful, extra smooth, billion-dollar-worth GUY!! That would be more complicated and totally hard to handle!! I won’t let him…

“Uhmm… Are you still listening? I just wanna ask... what happened last night?”

“WHAAAAAAAT? THAT’S IT? Is that… the only thing you’re going to ask me?! After all the effort you’ve exerted just to tell me you want me… that’s the first question you’re going to ask?” Dara jumped in astonishment! She couldn’t believe she just did it again! She blurted out what is supposed to stay inside her head!! Woooops! ~Omo!! Did I really say it out loud? Waaaaaah! I need to die right now!! How can I get out of this bathroom with a face as red as tomatoes?! Uhhh!! I really don’t know how to face him now!!! CRAP!!! OTTOKAAAAE!?!?!?! While Dara’s brain is frantic, trying to cover up for what she just said out loud, she heard Jiyong’s voice…

“I don’t need to ask. You already said it. At first, I thought it was a dream, but when I heard your voice this morning, I realized that it really did happen. *chuckles* Weird… but that’s the only thing I can recall from last night’s events.”

~*---*~

hmmm... personally, this is my favorite chapter so far! ^^ i hope you'll enjoy reading it as i enjoyed writing this chapter.. ^^, please, do leave a comment below because you guys are my motivation and inspiration in creating this story. ^^ what do you think will happen next? Dara forgot that its her birthday... haha. ^^ will she recieve a gift from jiyong? Will she be surprised when she gets home? ^^ saranghae! Always smile! Never close your doors in love...

~tabi3sj~