MOOD SWINGS

CHASING DREAMS

 

CHAPTER 26: MOOD SWINGS

Dara’s night seems so long --- Her eyes are tightly shut for almost one hour now but she still couldn’t sleep! She already counted sheep, sang a lullaby in her head, and even drank 2 glasses of milk before she went to bed, but nothing seems to work right now! She couldn’t open her eyes for she knows that if Bom and CL are still awake, they’ll ask her again what happened at YGE and they won’t stop until she answers!!! And she just doesn’t want to tell them! She is trying to keep her mind from thinking about what happened, and it will not be forgotten if the two girls will still ask her about the “kissing” incident!

“Tokki! I know you’re just pretending that you’re sleeping… ayy, FINE! If you don’t want to tell us what happened, we won’t bug you anymore!” Bommie suddenly uttered as she gave up on the idea of squeezing all the information about the incident, because she thinks Dara is being a right now! What’s the big deal about it? Why can’t she just share what happened at YGE earlier? Bommie is her cousin and she suddenly doesn’t trust her anymore?? She rolled her eyes, couldn’t believe what Dara is doing right now, and turned her body at the opposite direction so that she won’t be able to see her annoying cousin. CL on the other hand, is already sound asleep, positioned between Dara and Bommie.

As soon as she felt that the girls beside her are already sleeping, Dara carefully opened her eyes, and went out of bed, grabbed tam-tami, and went by the window to catch some light from the moon…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[DARA’S DIARY]

Annyeong my baby! ^^

Are you mad at me tam-tami? I wasn’t able to write to you for weeks now!!! I’m just busy at work and with friends… I’m so sorry! T.T Maybe this is the reason why I couldn’t sleep… Maybe I really need to let my thoughts out… My mind is restless! It doesn’t get tired of thinking… ottokae? TT.TT

Anyway, finally! I have time for you... ^o^

I have a lot to tell you Tam-tam!!! And it’s a “GUY PROBLEM”… YES! Someone is bugging me right now… well not physically, but mentally!! Actually, it affects the way I work too… so I think my whole system is already affected because of that arrogant, narcissistic guy!! I think I’m becoming unrealistic because of him! He just… the incident… that certain event that happened… even thou it happened accidentally, I’m not myself anymore because of that kiss!!! ……Arghh!! Here I go again!!! Even when writing to you, I seem to stutter a lot!!

Okay. I’ll try to let you understand what this is about… There is a celebrity that became my patient this morning… His name is G-Dragon. Ughh… I hate to admit it, but he is the cutest, coolest, and prettiest guy I’ve ever seen! I think I already mentioned him to you, but I still couldn’t stop thinking about him!!! Anyway, so here’s what happened… I assisted him in the medical exam, but a clumsy event happened that the next thing I know, we’re both on the floor, facing each other, with my own lips pressed against his!!! That’s why I think I’m pathetic!!! This feeling is the craziest feeling I’ve ever felt!! How can I feel something for him with just that kiss?? How can my heart flutter by the thought of him? This is insane, insane, INSANE!!!! Is this even real………… ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“HOLY. MOTHER. OF. PEPPERS. OHMYGHAAA~ I know this feeling!”

Dara stopped writing as soon as she felt her PJs getting wet-----could it possibly be? ~Omo! She has her monthly period! Oh Please, not now!! She didn’t buy any napkin when Seungri went with her to the grocery store last week! How can this happen at the middle of the night?

She immediately stood up, checked if she stained her carpeted floor… ~Whew* Good thing she didn’t! She now went to her full length mirror, checked her for stains to make sure that her hunch was right and muttered, “Darn! Why did it have to be tonight?! I’m so sorry tam-tami… I’ll get back to you later…”

She went through her stuff hoping to have the slightest chance that she just missed seeing another pack of sanitary napkin there, but she just felt disappointed… She knows that this is the period where her menstruation arrives, but she’s just too preoccupied by so much thoughts that she forgot to buy the most vital thing a girl needs! Stupid Dalong! Why can’t she think straight??? It is bad to wake the girls up now for they’ll just keep on bugging her about the issue between her and Jiyong, so she just went through their things to look for that girl stuff…

Bom’s stuff is as organized as Dara’s. Her closet is full of colour-coordinated dresses, short shorts and colourful miniskirts --- clothes that Dara wouldn’t dream of having. She is the type of girl who just wears what she feels is comfortable, and skirts and dresses just make her feel and unable to move freely! She now finds it stupid to look for a sanitary napkin inside Bommie’s closet… it is probably on her underwear drawer! She then went to Bom’s drawer, giggling to herself for she found a dozen pairs of red matching bras and ! Bom still believes that red undies bring good luck? She finds it very funny, trying to laugh as silently as she can, and finally she saw an unfamiliar pack of rolls… Oh no! Dara can’t use this! These rolls are - tampons! It looks very complicated for her to use!! She’s only familiar with the ordinary ones, and she doesn’t even want to dare trying those! Maybe CL has a napkin inside her bag… it’s so impossible for a girl to not bring it with her whenever she goes out of the house…

She sneakily went near CL’s bag, searching for napkins, only to find out that CL is also using… tampons!! How can this be??? REALLY? Is that what is ‘in’ nowadays? It only means one thing----Dara needs to run as fast as she can to a convenient store that’s open 24/7! Ughh… this ! She then went to the bathroom, washed her stained pyjama pants and , and placed a hanky, in replacement for a napkin - she has no other choice! As soon as she went back to her room, she wore her jeans and grabbed her jacket and Bommie’s car keys, went down stairs, and outside their house…

“This is the first time I’m going to drive Bom’s car…” Dara told herself, as she went inside the car and started driving. When she got the car outside their garage, she saw Youngbae’s big bike still parked in front of their house!

“Huh? Did Youngbae came back and slept with Seungri and Dae?” I mustn’t think of that now, she thought. She needs to get to the store fast before she could tinge her pants… again! But the only store that is open right now, since it’s already 1:30 in the morning, is three long blocks away! She feels unlucky, and now blames herself for not remembering to buy beforehand!

~*---*~

Jiyong is now drowned in alcohol that when he opened his eyes, he couldn’t see Youngbae anymore! Where could he be? Did he leave without Jiyong? No, he can’t do that to him… Maybe he’s just inside the bathroom. He then rubbed his eyes because everything looks double, yanked his own hair for he now feels his head is being torn into two, and tries to recall what happened…

An hour ago, both Jiyong and Youngbae are dancing like crazy monkeys! Youngbae is busting his moves at the top of the table - dancing the same ‘dougie’ steps he usually does, while Jiyong is tipsily bobbing his head on the side. Both of them are just dancing to themselves for they are celebrities! If they are seen dancing with girls, it will be a big fuzz on the news the next morning and Jiyong doesn’t want that to happen! Besides, even if they already saw a hot and y, short-haired girl grinding her hips with her girlfriends on the dance floor, they didn’t dare to dance with her! Even when they’re busy dancing, they are still thinking about the same girl they are both dreaming they can have ------ Dara.

Finally, Youngbae got tired and sat beside his buddy. He grabbed the bottle of vodka, and drank the whole thing, straight up! “Excuse me! *raises hand* we need one more bottle here!” Jiyong shouted as he called the attention of the bartender and ordered vodka. He laughed, tapping his friend’s shoulder, for he thinks Youngbae is really nuts! He drank the whole thing without asking Jiyong’s permission! Maybe he is really problematic… he doesn’t like the taste of alcohol, except on this ordinary Friday night!! Jiyong just brought him to the bar because he knows his friend well --- whenever YB’s sad or upset about something, he likes to dance to forget everything for a while! But today, YB’s ‘the man’! He seems to have loved the bittersweet taste of alcohol now! This is the first time he has actually been drunk like this! Whenever YG is having an after party for his talents, Youngbae is always found at one corner of a bar, drinking iced tea! And now, he drank vodka for the first time without even feeling light like a feather?? “Wow! You sure are a tough contender in a beer challenge bro! I never knew you could be this tough!”

So after that, what happened? Jiyong tried to recall one more time, but he still can’t remember Youngbae going to the bathroom or even realizing that he is already fast asleep! The last thing he can recall is the moment he got amazed by Youngbae’s hidden beer-drinking talent! Still dazed, with his stomach now upside-down, Jiyong drank the remaining liquor inside the last bottle they ordered, and when he lifted the vodka bottle, he found a small note, with a writing he couldn’t recognize…

Bro… I’m sorry but I have to leave you now. I still need to get my bike at Bom’s place! Thanks dude! Really appreciate what you did for me…

P.S. I already paid for our drinks!

YB

“So he really left me?” Jiyong uttered to himself as he read the letter once more. He chuckled, for Youngbae has a hand writing of a girl -- perfectly neat and written in a soft manner, but the note he left is barely readable!

“Yes. He left you already… You’re Mr G-Dragon right?” A girl from the other table suddenly spoke as soon as she heard Jiyong talking to himself. Jiyong’s now droopy eyes tried to glance at the girl who spoke with a y voice. She actually looks familiar --- those slender legs, y curves and short hair… Jiyong now remembered that this is the girl that he and Youngbae saw dancing with her girlfriends an hour ago…

“Uhmm… Yeah. Anyway, this is very stupid for me to ask but, can you remember what time he left? I’m sorry. I just… couldn’t recall…”

“Hahaha. Of course you won’t remember anything! I saw you two a while ago, acting like there is a dance competition happening on your table! And by the looks of it, you really got yourselves drunk like there’s no tomorrow! *chuckles* Yeah, he left 15 minutes ago… But he looks absolutely fine, so don’t worry about him! By the way, my name’s Ga-In.” The girl uttered laughing ily. Ga-In sure is attractive --- She has an irresistible appeal that men crave to devour… But Jiyong, even if he’s already tipsy, can only think of one girl, and no one else… No one, but Dara…

“Thanks Ga-in-ssi. *smirks* well, I have to leave now… Nice meeting you! Take care…” Jiyong stood up, shook hands with Gain and left the bar…

~*---*~

At last, Dara arrived at the convenient store. She immediately grabbed three packs of sanitary napkins, and paid for it, asking the cashier lady if she can use the staff’s bathroom because it’s her ‘red alert’ right now! The girl on the cashier giggled, finding Dara the cutest girl she has ever seen, and allowed her to use the bathroom…

“WHOA! *grins* Finally!!! I thought I wouldn’t make it on time!! Hankies are such life savers!” Dara sighed in relief, as she heard the girl giggle once more, hearing Dara talk to herself! When she was finally comfortable and eased because she feels safe wearing a sanitary napkin, she washed her hanky until the stain was gone. She then went outside and asked for a plastic bag…

“I’m sorry about that miss. *chuckles* Did I think aloud? I just thought I’ll stain my pants again… Hahaha! Thank you so much by the way! *smiles* You are so kind!”

“No problem! I’m a girl too! And I know how complicated it is to be a girl!” The lady uttered as she winked and smiled at Dara. Dara on the other hand, smiled back and plugged her ears with her earphones while opening the door to go outside…

Dara was walking at the side of the street to find a garbage bin so she can throw the plastic she was holding with the used hanky inside. She was supposed to throw her used hanky on the garbage can inside the convenient store, but she just finds it… embarrassing! She then found a garbage can at the end of the street but it’s too dark there! So she decides to just shoot it like a basketball player because everybody knows that she is afraid of dark places! She finally scores 3 points and turns away, singing along with the song playing on her playlist, just to get her mind off to thinking about scary things, and walks toward where she parked Bommie’s turtle car, which is on the other side of the road. But before she could even cross the street, she suddenly felt something heavy crashing on her back, making her unable to move and eventually leans on the car in front of her, because the man’s weight pushed her slim body real hard!

~*---*~

Jiyong went straight to his car, planning to go home. He drove carelessly, making the car swerve from left to right. Luckily, his car is the only car driving on the streets now---it’s 2:00 in the morning. He stopped as soon as he read the sign, ‘Convenient Store’, and decides to go inside to buy coffee to get his drunk self back to normal. As he entered the convenient store, his tired red eyes suddenly narrowed, hearing the lady laugh as her ear is now glued on the staff’s bathroom door…

“Excuse me… hot water for my coffee?”

“Omo! G Dragon-ssi!! Absolutely! Here sir!” The lady politely said as she handed Jiyong his change, and the coffee cup now filled with hot water. Jiyong grabbed the drink, left his change and ignored the girl as he went outside.

Jiyong is now standing, with his back inclined on his car, trying to finish his coffee as fast as he can. He drank the coffee to the last drop, and finds a trash bin in front of his car. It is so dark, but to Jiyong, darkness is exciting! No fan or any other person will be able to recognize who he is! Actually, with this kind of darkness, no one would even know that someone is standing there! He then went near it and throws the cup in. But as soon as he walked five steps, from his car to the trash can, he felt the world quickly spinning! Maybe he walked too fast - he now felt his stomach being squeezed and his trembling hands quickly turned as cold as ice! Cool sweats started to form and drop from his forehead to the tip of his chin! He knows this feeling! He then held onto the trash can as he pushed his tummy with his other hand, and finally tastes the sour acidity of his stomach fluids that already went up to his mouth! He opens his mouth and gags! His head is almost inside the trash bin right now… but he didn’t care how disgusting it is, because all he can feel now is having the urge to barf until the spinning stops! He throws up the alcohol like someone just opened a faucet in full level --- everything came out effortlessly!

His urge for throwing up doesn’t seem to stop! When he is in the middle of letting all the alcohol inside his body out through his precious mouth, he felt a ball of crumpled plastic bag hitting his throbbing head! Still feeling sick because of too much drinking, he forced himself to stand up even if he is not yet finished vomiting. He then wiped the corners of his mouth with his flawless, tattooed arm as he eyes on the girl wearing a black leather jacket, and decides to call her attention by tapping her shoulder ---- this is the stupid girl who threw the plastic on his expensively dyed hair!! He finally reached the girl’s back, attempting to grab her sharp shoulders… but instead, he carelessly clasped his arms around her for he couldn’t carry his frame any longer! He finds it impossible to control his body anymore because of the effect of drinking heavily, as he fell on the girl’s small back and collapsed ---- unconscious!

~*---*~