THE RIDE TO BITTERNESS

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 34: THE RIDE TO BITTERNESS

“Did you eat dinner?” Jiyong asked.

“Yes.” Dara answered.

Jiyong was tapping his fingers on the armchair, his left hand on his mouth as he bites his nails. He’s nervous! He’s afraid that the lights will turn on soon and others might see him. He uttered, “Come on. We have to go now.”

“The movie’s almost done! And the lights aren’t even turned back on yet!!” Dara uttered as she tugged Jiyongie’s hand, trying to let her hand loose.

“That’s what I’m avoiding… If I’m seen here, we won’t be able to get out fast! Come on! Or do you want me to… carry you again?” Jiyong smirked as his face went scarlet. He pulled Dara’s hand and Dara has no choice but to stand up and follow Jiyong’s instructions, or she’ll be forced outside!

They both went outside the cinema as Jiyong bowed his head as low as possible, trying to hide his face from everybody. They went to the parking lot, with Dara’s hand still being held by Jiyong’s soft palms…

“So where’s your girl?” Dara asked to break the silence. If she will not talk, Jiyong might feel her pulse throbbing, her heart jumping in happiness. Her happiness faded all of a sudden, as she was reminded by his girl! How can he be this numb?? He knows I like him and he wants me to meet his girl? What an assh*le!  He didn’t even consider how I will feel as soon as I see that Trixie girl! “Are we going to wait for her here?” Dara continued, her expression – unreadable, her emotions… disappointed.

Jiyong smirked as he flustered again. He waved as his eyes glistened by the sight of his first love, shining in white coat... “Hi baby! Dara, meet Trixie… my Porsche.” Jiyong smirked again, now flashing his gorgeous teeth as his hand pointed towards a white Porsche parked parallel to where they are standing…

Dara’s face couldn’t express how she feels right now. For a moment, she couldn’t breathe, thinking that Jiyongie is used to having a bunch of women in his hands, but when she saw Trixie, she somehow felt relieved as she finally takes a deep breath and her lips couldn’t be helped from forming a cute smile. Jiyong just watched her, his lips formed a sweet smile too, as he felt his brain laughing at the scene…

“You can breathe now... This is the girl I’m talking about! I never knew you would think that I’m a player!” Jiyong smiled as he looked at her whose mouth is now wide open, astounded by what Jiyong’s mischievous mouth just blurted.

“WHAAAT? I DIDN’T… I’m not jeal ----” Dara uttered as she shook her head and her eyes squinted! This boy is crazy! How can he think that I’ll be jealous? Does he think that I like him that much? Absolutely NOT! Hmmm… is it obvious? Do I really like him so much? Ottokae? Dara thought as she placed both of her hands on her jeans and started tapping her feet together like a shy child who met her crush for the first time! Jiyong talked before she could continue what she was saying…

“I never said you’re jealous! *tries to control smile* Come… sit here. Trixie won’t mind. This is her first time to be with a girl though. But I know she doesn’t get jealous easily like you. *chuckles* just kidding! My Noona isn’t even allowed to go near her. Haha. This is literally her first time…” Jiyong laughed as he opened the door on the front seat and assisted Dara inside. Meanwhile, Dara’s mouth is still on the floor, her mind isn’t able to formulate an answer on what Jiyong just uttered. She went in and sat like a behaved grade school student, with hands on her lap. Jiyong went to the driver’s seat, and started the engine. They finally went out of the parking lot and into the highway.

“Uhmm… Trixie, be kind to this girl. This is Dara. I know you’re still shocked that I let a girl here, but she’s… she’s special to me. She’s my fluttering butterfly. *bites lower lip* She’ll be with us often now…” Jiyong spoke as he couldn’t control his left hand from going into his mouth as he bites his nails. He smirked once more…

“What do you mean ‘OFTEN’? Did I allow you to be with me? This is just a coincidence! And this will not happen again, do you understand ---- Jiyongie? Hello?” Dara blurted as she glanced at him. Jiyongie doesn’t seem to hear what she said! He is just smiling, his eyes fixed on the road, but his mind is in oasis once more! He continued biting his nails as he drove Trixie slowly, like two lovers strolling in a park, savouring each step they make with the one they love. Finally, his mind was snapped back to reality…

“What?”

“I said, this will be the last, okay? I’m not ready yet! And I don’t know when I will be ready…” Dara uttered as she thought, Oh this guy! Is he always like this? Popping out of nowhere, snatches his butterfly… and acts like a little boy about to pee on his pants? And what is that?! He’s always biting his nails!! So… CHILDISH! Wait… wait, wait, wait! Did he just introduce me to Trixie as his... WHAT?? Fluttering butterfly? Oh, stop it already Jiyongie! I don’t like where this is going! I don’t want to like you even more! I don’t want to be trapped in this kind of game!!!

“Okay.” Jiyong replied as if he didn’t understand what Dara uttered. He looked like he is in a high, Dara being his own personal, addictive drug.

~*---*~

Jiyong was still driving slowly, taking time to savor this precious moment, being with his dream! His dream is almost within his reach! I'll just have to make her love me... I have to work harder than composing and producing... that's how much I want this 'dream' of mine... He thought, as he noticed that suddenly, the surrounding felt so quiet – His heart is busy being happy about the fact that he is finally with the girl he likes, that he didn’t notice that Dara is not speaking anymore! He then glanced at Dara and she was just staring at the car’s window, thinking deeply.

“Is something wrong?” Jiyong asked.

“No. I just felt tired. I remembered, I wasn’t able to sleep well last night…” Dara stopped. She almost forgot that the person she was talking to was the same person who made her insomnia worse! Oh my! I almost told him that I couldn’t sleep because I was so overwhelmed by that video he made for me! Fine… if this would make my mind at ease, I’ll admit it, I like him that much---

“What happened? You suddenly stopped… go ahead. You were saying?” Jiyong felt confused as he flashed his puppy eyes. “Okay. It’s fine if you won’t tell me... Hey, why don’t we just grab something at the convenient store? But you have to do me a favour… I can’t go there, so will you please buy me a drink?” Jiyong uttered, just to make her stay longer beside him.

“Alright. Just pull over there…” Dara said as she pointed at a free space on the side of the street. Jiyong parked, his fingers tapping the black and white upholstered manoeuvre...

“What’s wrong with your nerves? You seem… restless!” Dara asked.

“N-Nothing…” Jiyong flashed his lip-biting-smile as he watched Dara opening the car door. Actually, he is just in an overwhelming happiness, and his nerves are just celebrating! He wants to jump and scream Dara’s name, but it might make Dara scared and she might think that Jiyong needs to see a psychiatrist if he does that all of a sudden…

“I’ll be back.” Dara said as she went out of the car and glanced at Jiyong. “What drink would you like? Coffee? Juice? Soda? Iced tea? Water?”

“uhh, soda. Thanks.” Jiyong smiled as he waited. His eyes followed Dara, from going towards the convenient store’s glass door, and inside. She really can’t control her emotions! I can see that she got jealous when I told her about Trixie! Every gesture she makes is readable… and that’s a good thing for me! I can easily know what she feels! Jiyong thought, as he bit his lip and smirked.

~*---*~

Dara opened the fridge, and saw that there are only two sodas left. Her hand reached the first soda, and when she tried to reach for the other soda left, a small hand tugged her pants, trying to call her attention…

“Hi… do you want this?” Dara smiled softly as she glanced at the person beside her and saw a handsome, little boy. She gave him the soda she was holding and grabbed a bottled water for herself, instead.

“Yes, pwease. Tenk yoo." The boy answered, his innocent eyes sparkled like seeing a toy he is longing to have.

“Aww… You are so cute! Where are your parents?”

“dady is waiting outside. I told him I am old enuff to buy dwink. Hihi.” The boy giggled, flashing a cute smile. Dara noticed that he has no front teeth and it made her adore the little boy even more! She suddenly remembered Seungri when they were still young. She took care of Seungri as if he is her own son...

“Right! You’re a clever little man! *beams* What’s your name?” Dara chuckled as she finds the boy the cutest little man she has ever seen. The boy is like a magnet that Dara’s eyes immediately adored him, making her feel that it is nice to have a kid like him…

“My name is Taemin. Momy told me it’s bad to talk to stwangers, but yow no stwanger! Yow angel…” Taemin smiled as he spoke. He suddenly glanced at a Popsicle on the other fridge and he drooled! He glanced back at the pennies in his hands, and pouted.

“Can I hold your hand? I’m sorry. I’m just admiring you… you look like my brother. His name is Seungri.” Dara smiled as the boy threw his hands high, as if he wants to be carried.

“Can yow kewee me angel? A yow angel?” Taemin said, flashing his innocent, twinkling puppy eyes.

“Haha. No… Come on. I’ll carry you and we’ll pay for our drinks.” Dara smiled as she carried the boy and went to the freezer to grab a Popsicle. “What do you think is more delicious Taemin-ah? This one?”

“No... det one. but money… no mow!” Taemin pouted.

“Okay. Chocolate it is!” Dara smiled as she grabbed the chocolate Popsicle and went to the counter. As soon as she paid for the drinks and the Popsicle, she smiled at the boy and said, “I hope your mom and dad won’t mind if I accompany you to where they are… Where is your dad’s car?”

“Yow not said name yet angel noona! Thew is owoo car.” The boy pouted and pointed a black range rover.

“Oh… I’m Dara. You are such a smart little kid!” Dara said as she smiled. She walked towards the boy’s car as the front door swung open. A nice pair of blue sneakers finally stepped out as the man stood. Dara almost dropped the child on her arms! It’s the man he once loved… it’s Minho…

“Taemin, my little boy… get inside.” Minho said in a cute manner, but his eyes were helplessly pinned on Dara. He felt his heart melting, as soon as he saw the lady standing in front of him.

“Dad! She’s angel Dawa! She said I’m like her bwother, Ssangyi! Bye Angel Dawa noona!” Taemin said enthusiastically as he was brought down by Dara, but Taemin still held Dara’s palms…

“Oh, your drink! Sorry. I almost forgot! A-and here’s your Popsicle.” Dara smiled to the kid, trying to hide her emotions because it is now drumming louder and louder, making her feel like vomiting. Her hands are trembling, her heart – being torn to pieces…

“this fow me? Oh! kiss you? I don’t have mow money.. Can my kiss be money?” The boy smiled as he tugged Dara’s hand, pulling her towards him and kissed her on the cheek. “I wish I’ll see you again Noona!” Taemin waved as Minho carried him and opened the car door, placing the little boy inside. He closed the door and cleared his throat, as he bowed and gently scratches his nape…

Minho stared at Dara. Dara couldn't help herself but stare at Minho too... His face hasn't changed a bit. His hair grew longer, but those eyes that made my whole body melt, those innocent eyes that made me believe that he cannot do anything bad... it's the same eyes that are staring at me now! Every sweet memory seemed to be brought back by those eyes... I thought I almost forgot you, Minho.  I thought I've moved on! But seeing you in front of me... It made me realize how much I've missed you. Do I still love you? My heart just wants to feel your ebrace once more! It wants to feel your lips right now... but all those longingness I feel for you, it came with the worst pain I couldn't even imagined that would ever exist! Every happy moment that you remind me of... comes with sharp rocks of pain, being thrown at my chest until I bleed to death! I want ot believe that I don't love you anymore, but why do I still hurt this badly just by seeing you....? Dara asked herself as she continued staring at Minho, her heart almost leaped from . It appears that Minho also wants to say something to the sad girl in front of him, but he just doesn't know where to start. Their eyes started creating words that their mouths couldn't express...

"You... You're still beautiful..." Minho uttered as he couldn't help but admire the girl in front of him. His feelings for Dara suddenly felt alive... His eyes are sparkling! His face, the most inviting expression Dara has ever seen of him...

Dara felt her knees getting weaker again, as her heart almost fell on Minho's irresistible trap. How can he have this angelic, naive face? How can this be? I can see in his eyes that he still loves me! His eyes are poisonous! I need to get out of here! I need someone to save me from drowning in his eyes...

"Uhmm.. He’s not mine.” Minho suddenly blurted as he noticed that Dara isn't speaking to him...

“I know. He’s Taeyeon’s kid…”

“I just brought him for a stroll at the playground. Taeyeon’s having a photo shoot for an advertisement. That’s why the boy is left with me.”

“You don’t need to explain. Uhmm… I’ll be going now.” Dara said. She just wants to escape this awkward atmosphere and walk as fast as she can towards Trixie, but Minho was able to reach for her hand before she could even make one step away! Dara suddenly felt scared! This is the scene she is trying to avoid! Staying beside Minho... staring at his heavenly presence... it'll just make Dara confused once more! It'll just make her fall for him all over again...

“Do-don't go yet.." Minho said, as he suddenly stuttered. He one more felt the warmth Dara gives just by holding her hand! He loves Taeyeon so much, but Dara is just... different! No other girl can replace Dara in his heart... "Do you have a car? I can take you home…” Minho said as he held Dara’s arm. Dara tried to twist her arms just to let it loose, but his grip is too tight.

“Ahh… I’m…”

“You already have a boyfriend?" Minho asked as his eyes seem like it was about to form tears! Guilt and regret filled his heart as he gazed at Dara. He then continued, “Look, even if our lives are pointed at different directions now, I still… think of you most of the time...  I miss you every minute of everyday!" Minho paused as he controlled his voice from cracking. Hs tears almost fell down to his cheeks... "I... I know this is my fault. I'm sorry. I really am! If only I can turn back time... I would unbreak your heart. But I can't do anything anymore to get you back! Please... Just remember what I said last time we talked... It's all true! And it never changed. I… I still love you Sandara.”

“Uhmm…” Dara is now speechless. She felt her heart spilling blood throughout her lungs! Pain struck her heart again, making her hands feel cold and her eyes blurry, as tears started going at the corner of her eyelids. She feels like someone just placed a hand on her neck, strangling her so she'll choke and suffocate! She doesn’t know if she’ll lie. She wants to admit that she already has a boyfriend just to inflict even a pinch of pain in Minho’s heart! She wants to take revenge... but she knows it is wrong! She then stared at the little boy inside the car. The boy is holding a toy and playing with it, innocently smiling while eating the popsicle she just gave him. Poor boy, he doesn’t know what is happening outside the windows of the car. He doesn't know that the man he calls his father is telling Dara that he still loves her...

Dara felt helpless and weak! She looked up in the sky, as she tried talking to the stars... Please! If someone out there can hear me dying out here, do something! Please! I need to get out of here before my eyes couldn't hold all the pain anymore... Please... Please... HELP ME!!!

~*---*~

“YES. She has a boyfriend.” Someone suddenly spoke, firmly grabbing Dara’s hand from Minho's grip. “What’s going on here? My butterfly hasn’t told me everything yet! Your ex has a child already? *chuckles* Come on, baby girl! Your folks are waiting for us now.”

Dara’s eyes got wider!! She couldn’t believe what’s happening before her eyes! She glanced back at the sky... If only her eyes could talk, it sends it's gratitude towards the stars and the angels above... She glanced back at Jiyong who is now holding her hand -  Ji-Jiyongie! Help me!!! I can't move my feet! She glared at Jiyong, trying to send a message through her pleading eyes.. Her limbs are too weak to even stand! Everything seemed like a vivid nightmare - Her tears are almost escaping her eyes as she looked away! Jiyong noticed how uncomfortable Dara is now. She almost fell from where she is standing! Jiyong immediately placed his hand on Dara’s head and pulled her closer towards his chest, hugging her tight, supporting her weak body, and her lifeless heart...

“I’m sorry. My girlfriend is so tired from work and everything. She’s actually sick, but she still went to work.” Jiyong told Minho as he glanced at him. Jiyong can tell that Minho’s insides are now in heat. He can tell that Minho is now hurt as his eyes twitched and his fist clenched, like he is about to punch Jiyong hard on the face. He then placed his palms on Dara’s face and looked at her with love in his eyes. “Are you alright baby girl? Do you still feel dizzy? I told you I’ll be fine. If only you allowed me to buy that drink for you, you won’t feel dizzy again! No one would recognize me now… it’s already late, and I think fans are now sleeping… I understand that you’re just protecting me, but you should’ve allowed me to do that for you!”

Dara still couldn’t move. She just buried her face on Jiyong’s shirt, making Jiyong feel all her warm tears flowing on his sleeves. Jiyong felt his nerves heating up now as he witnessed Dara getting hurt in front of his eyes! He felt like killing the man in front of him but he controlled his anger for the very first time! He let out a sigh that he diverted into a short insulting laugh, just to release all the pain he is now feeling. He hugged Dara tighter as he kissed her head.

“Oh, baby! *chuckles* You already miss me? How lucky am I to be with a caring and loving girlfriend like you!” Jiyong said as he made a cute expression. He then tapped Minho on the shoulder and blurted, “We’ll go ahead dude! Bom and the others are waiting for us now… By the way, it’s not so nice to meet you!” Jiyong smirked, trying to mock Minho and he succeeded! Minho was so furious as he was about to raise his hard-as-rock fist and land it on Jiyong’s precious face, but Jiyong was able to hold his wrist…

“WHAT? Are you going to punch my face now? I wish I can allow you to do that! If only I didn’t see your boy staring at us, I will allow you. Besides, punching G-Dragon is a good publicity! Fans will kill you, didn’t you know that?” Jiyong smiled sarcastically. He then continued, “Come on baby girl! Oh, before we leave, I just want to thank you. If it weren’t for you… She wouldn’t be mine right now! THANK YOU! I promise I’ll take care of her and I won’t let this precious gem slip from my hand like you did! I won’t do what you did to her… because I love her that much!” Jiyong smiled, as he planted an evil gaze on Minho’s mind…

Jiyong grabbed Dara’s shaking hand and pulled her towards his Porsche. He opened the car door and placed his hand on Dara’s head, carefully assisting her in going inside. His eyes are still gazing at Minho who is still glued on his spot, with eyes fixed to Jiyong too, filled with wrath and rage! Minho felt helpless as he lifted his left hand, punching his own car, his foot kicking the tire with full strength!

“Oh, that’s a nice gesture to show your child!" Jiyong uttered as an idea popped into his head all of a sudden... "Wait, I forgot to give you something…” Jiyong smiled an evil smile and walked towards Minho and his car.

“Bring it on dude!” Minho shouted, clenching his fist until it almost bled. Jiyong went near him as he placed his hand on th back of his jeans, trying to pull something out from it. Minho almost jumped backwards, afraid that Jiyong will fire a gun straight to his head!

Jiyong smirked darkly as he stomped his foot and finally grabs the thing he is getting from his jeans' back pocket. "BOOOOOM!" Jiyong yelled loudly as he pointed a black marker on Minho's forehead! Minho closed his eyes, anticipatng that his brain will soon scatter on the ground! Suddenly, he felt the surroundings getting quiet, as he now had the courage to open his eyes once more, only to find out that Jiyong is at the back of his car, placing a big signature on the car’s window…

“Just so you won’t forget this night! Ciao, Mother er! Play with my girl’s heart again, and I’ll carve my signature on your ing face… I won’t hesitate to kill you, remember that.” Jiyong said calmly as he smirked and waved coolly. He then went towards his car, opened the car door and sat beside Dara, wiping the tears on her cheeks. He started the engine and drove, making Minho’s and his car’s window parallel to each other. Jiyong saw the little boy waving at Dara, but Dara is frozen, looking at the other side of the window…

“Hi little boy!” Jiyong smiled sweetly, looking at the little boy and smirking at Minho…

“GD Hyung! Yow on TV! My mum is cwushing on you! Wyt dad?” The little boy smiled innocently.

“Oh really? Well, tell your mum that I signed your car! I know she’ll be delighted! Nice meeting you, boy! Be a good boy okay? Don’t be like your dad! What he did earlier was wrong! Bad dady” Jiyong smiled cutely as he pouted and shook his head. Minho closed the car’s window as fast as he can, as he felt his nerves getting angry again! Minho's car then zoomed as if the tires were about to spark…

~*---*~

It was a painful night for Dara. All the pain she tried to kill inside her heart seemed to be rekindled! This kind of pain felt worse than before! She tries to be as quiet as she can, sobbing mutely just to hide her emotions from the man beside her. Jiyong drove slowly, his face crumpled, furious of what happened. He is so angry at Minho that his fist is clenching the manoeuvre tightly, as if his hands will leave a mark as soon as he loosens his grip on it. He clenched his teeth, but stayed quiet and speechless…

“I told you... *sobs* I wasn’t ready.” Dara mumbled as she released soft subs and controlled panting.

“YOU’RE NOT READY BECAUSE YOU STILL LOVE THAT ING BASTARD? HE ALREADY PLAYED WITH YOUR HEART!!!” Jiyong couldn’t control his rage now! He yelled, but took a deep breath and tried speaking calmly… “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Dara said as she finally stopped crying. Her eyes are now red and puffy, her heart, dying quietly…

“We’re almost at your place. Are you sure you’re alright?” Jiyong asked, flashing a worried expression.

“Uhmm, can you stop the car here?” Dara asked. She sighed and grabbed her phone. She started texting.

“What are you doing?” Jiyong asked.

“I’m texting Seungri. I’m telling him that I’ll be home late.” Dara replied. “Just drop me off to a bar nearby. From there, you can leave.”

“ARE YOU NUTS??? I won’t allow you to drink by yourself!” Jiyong blurted, with eyes now wider than before…

“I’m fine! I just need to… unwind.” Dara said softly.

“NO! DRINK HOW MUCH YOU WANT! DRINK UNTIL YOU VOMIT! I DON"T CARE! Even if you finish all the drinks inside the bar, you wouldn’t hear anything from me! Just… allow me to be with you!”

“FINE! Come with me if you want!” Dara said angrily. “Just… DON’T CONTROL ME FROM HAVING ALL THE ALCOHOL I WANT!”

“Yes Ma’am!” Jiyong said as he saluted and released a disspointed sigh. Jiyong drove to the bar Youngbae and himself were partying before and parked Trixie on an open area beside a tree…

They both went out of the car, Jiyong carrying Dara's backpack. Two bouncers immediately stopped them from going inside…

“I.D.” One of the bouncers said coldly.

“Are you kidding me? I’m G-Dragon! Do I still need to show you my identification card?” Jiyong said in frustration.

“No sir. I mean, the girl’s I.D. Please.” The bouncer said calmly as he finally saw who he was talking to.

“WHAAAT? I’m 28 for crying out loud! Why do I need to show you my I.D.???” Dara asked.

“We just need to confirm, Miss. I’m sorry, but you look like a minor.”

“Here! HAPPY…?!” Dara grabbed her I.D. from her wallet and showed it to the bouncer. “Now can I go in??”

The bouncers glanced at her and glanced back at the I.D. card, couldn’t believe that Dara is already near her 30s! They finally assisted them to a private room and Jiyong and Dara both sat while the waiter asked for their orders.

“You’re 28??” Jiyong asked in surprise…

“WHY? Do I look like a high-school student?” Dara asked as her eyebrows creased.

“I just thought you were… 21.”

~*---*~

Annyeong! To show you guys how thankful I am right now because I finally got 1500 viewers, I posted this as fast as I can! This is an emotional chapter. ^-^ Thank you so much for reading and subscribing! Honestly, I  didn't expect that I'll have more than 500 views! But all thanks to you guys, my views got waaaaay past my expected rate! Saranghaeyo guys! ^-^ I hope you like this... 

~tabi3sj~