FINGER PRICKED

CHASING DREAMS

 

CHAPTER 37: FINGER PRICKED

Bom is sitting at the open area of the café. She is wearing ‘the Bommie style’ as usual – a colourful blouse under her winter jacket and a short, super short shorts that Dara can’t even imagine wearing at this time of the year… Dara’s heart is flicking quickly, anxious of what she is about to do. She has no other option! Bommie will tell Seungri about this if Dara will keep ‘the Jiyongie issue’ from her! She wants to leave Seungri out of this as much as possible. This matter affects Seungri as if he is Dara’s twin… it kills him seeing Dara hurting! Dara stared at Bom while Seungri invades her mind… She then goes near Bommie, sweetly kissing her on the cheeks and sits down, staring blankly at the umbrella under their table…

“You went here… wearing your I-don’t-know-if-can-do-this face? Tokki! What’s happening to my pet?” Bommie asked as she pouted and sipped on her hot latte. “I know what’s bothering you right now and if you’re thinking that I’ll tell Panda anything about this… I won’t! So don’t stress yourself!”

“Call CL. Tell her to come here now.” Dara said bluntly. She finally was able to breathe normally, hearing those words from her cousin. That’s all she wants to hear for her mind to be at ease. Meanwhile, Bom immediately dialled CL’s number and called her…

“Chae-Chae. We’re outside Brown Taste Buds right now. Dara wants --- Ne, alright. Just come here now! It’s urgent than urgent!” Bom uttered as she sticks her tongue out at Dara. She then continued, “Don’t forget the roasted corns you promised! Bye~”

“Roasted corns?” Dara asked.

“Yes. *beams* That’s the reason why we’re meeting up. Her sister sent her corns from Japan and she promised to make roasted corns for me! You know how crazy I am when it comes to CORN!” Bom giggled. “Now what?”

“Just sit… we have to wait for her and your precious corns.” Dara uttered as she rolled her eyes. “Today’s the day you’ve all been waiting for, Bommie.”

~*---*~

“So, there. That’s it. I agreed…”

I stared at the two girls in front of me – They’re not saying anything!!! Is this a good sign… or a bad sign?? I’m not so used to them being like this – Bom suddenly hasn’t thought of anything to say; CL is suddenly biting her nails and she can’t look at me! Why?? I know… what Jiyong and I agreed about is absolutely ridiculous, but… IS IT THAT BAD? AM I TURNING INTO THE PERSON PEOPLE MIGHT HATE THE MOST IN THE FUTURE? Dara thought as she sipped on her strawberry flavoured coffee…

“What? You were with him the eve before your birthday? How could you keep this from us? If this didn’t happen, how long were you supposed to keep this?” Bom uttered. “Wait… did you already sleep together?!”

“Oh my gosh, NOOO! *blush* Of course not! We just… saw each other accidentally at the convenient store! After that, I drove somewhere to spend some time alone… Ughh… you and your dirty brain!” Dara lied as she looked as rosy as her red scarf.

“And yesterday, you saw Minho… and Jiyongie saved you from that scene?” CL clarified. Dara nodded. For a moment, she remembered vividly how she was held tightly by Jiyongie in his arms – those were the safest, most comfortable place her heart has been to during that unpleasant event. She felt her strength got up by Minho’s presence, but as soon as Jiyongie appeared and held her hand, he managed to provide strength and safety for the both of them. Her reminiscing mind and raising heartbeat was suddenly disturbed as Bom shook her head and spoke…

“And Jiyongie decides to sacrifice his own heart for you?? He’s insane!!! I know you were crushing on him during their concert. But this is a totally different matter! Poor Jiyongie… he doesn’t know what kind of agreement he got himself into!” Bom uttered as she shook her head in disbelief.

“I’m actually telling you this because I need some advice. What will I do? *pouts* He doesn’t want to break our deal! He is very persuasive! I’m just drunk last night… everything’s messed up inside my mind that’s why I agreed, but he said it’s none of my business if he gets hurt. All I have to worry about is myself…”

CL suddenly flustered and grinned as she uttered, “Awww! That’s the sweetest thing I have ever heard! He’s so in love with you! You are so lucky dear! Every girl will do anything just to be in your position! It’s like you won the highest prize in the lottery!!!”

“Yeah, Pfft* that’s sweet alright! But that’s unfair for Jiyongie! Dara doesn’t like-like him! And I don’t think this lady here will easily open her feelings for anyone anymore… Especially now that she just saw her ex yesterday!” Bom uttered as she couldn’t believe that CL seems to be supporting Dara’s decision! She shook her head and sighed. “Wait a sec! You’re the mature one here, Chae! Why do I feel like I’m the only one who thinks that this is all wrong??”

“Hey… Believe me. I don’t want to hurt that guy! He’s the one who wants this! I told him I don’t want to hurt him, but he is persistent! He wants to stick on his promise… He even said he’ll do everything to fix me!” Dara blurted as she got pissed that Bom blames her for everything. “And let me correct what you said CL-roo – He’s not in love with me!!! He said he wants me… He didn’t say, ‘I love you Dara’ – that’s different! Help me now! I want to know what to do later when we see each other again…”

“What? You’re going to see each other after this? Oh, don’t be blind ---- He loves you!!!” CL said with excitement. “Can we go with you? Puhleeeeease dear! I want G-Dragon oppa’s autograph!”

“Oh, shut up Chae-Chae! How can you think about that now? Our Tokki is being stupid! We HAVE to help her…” Bom blurted as she held on her forehead. Then she uttered sarcastically, “Well, since you say you can’t do anything about it anymore…then, just go with the flow!”

“Yeah!” CL agreed. Bom suddenly grabbed her own hair with both hands, feeling a throbbing headache when she heard CL agreeing like a child!

“Seriously? That’s all you can say? Aishhhht! What’s happening now? I feel dizzy. Ugghhh!” Bom uttered.

“Why?” CL asked. “I think Dara dear wouldn’t agree if she doesn’t feel anything special for oppa! She’s just shy to admit it to us! Everything starts small… until it gets deeper and deeper, and BOOM! Before we know it, she’s already in love! Come on, Bommie! Who wouldn’t fall for that guy, huh? – Not that I’m in love with GD oppa... Just to clarify things… all I wanna say is---“

“Ne. I know what you mean.” Bom said calmly – finally. She drank her latte and continued, “Maybe he’s the one that’ll help you forget everything about your past, Tokki. I never thought I’ll say this but, fine – give it a shot! I always see him at YGE... We talk sometimes, and I can’t say anything bad about that guy! If he fools around, I’ll be able to see it easily. I think I’ll just watch over the dude.”

“Wait… Wait! You’re both talking as if I’m marrying him already! We’re not even in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship! This is a negotiation! It’s nothing serious---“

“Not yet!! *giggles* you know dear, this is the weirdest situation you’re involved in… but I think it’ll turn out to be the best love story ever! Hmmm… Can I suggest something?” CL asked as she fidgeted.

“What is it now Chae? I don’t like where this is going…” Bom said as she pouted.

“Then go somewhere else! I just had an idea; I never said ‘do exactly as I say’!” CL uttered as Bom slapped her arm. “What? You said you don’t like where this is going? If you don’t like anything I’m about to say, then don’t listen! I’m suggesting to Dara not to you! Are you Dara’s manager now?”

“You know Chae Rin, I never felt annoyed by you… until now!” Bom pouted as she threw a tantrum as if she was about to cry in frustration. “Fine! Say everything you wanna say! I won’t talk anymore!” Bom said annoyingly. She crossed her arms and leaned on her seat as she rolled her eyes…

“Have you watched A Gentleman’s Dignity? My Sassy Girl? – You know how their love story started? It started with setting rules for their relationship!” CL said with sparkling eyes for she thinks that it is a brilliant idea – setting rules as a guide for a better relationship…

“Huh?” Dara asked. “So you’re suggesting….?”

“I’m suggesting that you should set rules – like giving a list of what you want in a relationship. Wouldn’t that be great? *grins* Come on dear! That’ll be exciting! You need thrill in a relationship! And you need to change some of your routines in handling stuff like that! Maybe that’s the way to finally have a lasting relationship! Besides, you said it’s a negotiation right?”

“Ayy… now I won’t control my mouth anymore! Chae!!! That’s so immature!!! Don’t set rules Tokki! It’ll just make things worse! It’s like you’re trying to mould Jiyongie into another person that he is not! Do you want to change just for another person to like you? Put yourself in his shoes! Think of what he’ll feel if you do that! Don’t follow what Chae is suggesting!”

For once, CL-roo’s mouth dropped in astonishment! She hasn’t seen this side of Bommie before. Dara on the other hand just smiled. She knows that Bommie is mature when it comes to relationships. Bommie is an NBSF – no boyfriend since FOREVER! But she learned about love through Dara’s own experiences. She’s always to the rescue when it comes to Dara’s heartaches…

“CL-roo, meet my Bom-tori. *taps Bom’s shoulder* This Bommie you are now seeing is the Bommie I know since birth. *smiles* err… actually, I hesitated to tell both of you this… but… he already knows that I like him too. I told him… but I also told him that I’m not ready yet.”

Bommie’s expression suddenly went from being totally pissed to being excited and happy. Finally, she was able to sigh in relief. She uttered, “Now I can say that you might be in the right direction Tokki! *grins* Why didn’t you tell us earlier? Then… what are we still stressing about? It’ll be easier to handle this because the feeling is mutual!”

~*---*~

She is in her most beautiful whenever she wakes up! Wow… *dazed* I never witnessed seeing a girl being gorgeous even if she wears no make-up… Even more in an early morning face! My noona’s morning face is always bloated and oily… but Dara – she’s perfect 24/7! She’s the only Greek goddess alive in this generation! Jiyong thought as he smirked and stared at the three girls outside the café…

Jiyong dropped Dara off to the café 15 minutes ago. Dara strictly instructed him to go home right after she steps out of Trixie, but he just couldn’t leave yet. He is overwhelmed by everything! He couldn’t believe that he finally is closer to achieving Dara’s heart! He smirked. His eyes suddenly got caught by a man walking out of a shop. He is holding a bouquet! He then saw that his car is parked near the flower shop just by the corner of the street. He stepped out of his car and walked towards the shop. He fixed his black shades and cap to make sure that he wouldn’t be recognized, and finally goes inside, smiling like a creep – He couldn’t hide his happiness! He blushed at the thought of giving Dara flowers as he bit his lip and smiled from ear to ear! As soon as he got inside, he saw an old lady fixing a bunch of flowers that appears to be for a wedding…

“Uhmm…”

“Yes dear? What can I do for you?” The lady said flashing a motherly smile. “I think I saw you already… Have we met before, son?”

“Err… Haha. Not yet Ma’am.” Jiyong said shyly. “I was just wondering… can you arrange flowers for me? I want to give them to the girl sitting there…” Jiyong pointed at Dara who is seated in front of the café across the street.

“Oh… Sure, dear! No problem! What type of flowers do you want? --- Tulips? Roses? Chrysanthemums…? How about dasies?” The lady smiled as she assisted Jiyong further inside the flower shop. The shop is bursting with hundreds of pretty flowers from different varieties. It’s amazing to keep the flowers fresh in this kind of season. It’s already starting to snow, but all the flowers inside are fresh from the flowers’ buds to its tips…

The lady glanced at Jiyong – he looks like he doesn’t know which one to choose! It is obviously his first time giving flowers to someone. “You know, I can see that this is your first time… *chuckles* But don’t you worry son. I’ll help you…”

“Thanks… err… Omma.” Jiyong uttered sweetly as he bit his lip and smiled. He then scratched his head and bowed as he flustered scarlet.

“Oh, you’re such a sweet boy! The girl is lucky to have you…” The lady said as she felt touched that Jiyong just called her mom. She then continued, “If you’ll ask me, it is best to give her a single flower. Bouquets are too common – that’s a fact. And giving a woman one single flower means that she is the only one in your heart…”

“Kamshamnida, Omma! I’m thinking about… *bites nails* giving her a rose…” Jiyong smiled brightly as he continued biting his nails.

“Here is the rose section… we have two-toned roses too! The long stems right there look more elegant and beautiful! Pick the one that reminds you of her. It’ll be more special if you’ll get to choose the right size and colour for the one you cherish.” The lady smiled as she pointed on a row of baskets filled with roses. The roses are neatly allocated according to their colours and types. Jiyong immediately went to the basket with two toned roses, particularly the ones with a white and pink shade. His eyes caught the rose that is still a bud. It looks beautiful and it reminds him of Dara – a rose that is still afraid to bloom. He picks it up instantly and then…

“OOOOOOOOUCH!” Jiyong yelled as he accidentally dropped the rose he just picked up. He was pricked by the rose’s thorn. The lady immediately rushed towards him…

“Forgive me! I’m sorry dear. I forgot to remove the thorns from this bunch! Are you alright? Here. I have plasters in my pocket in case I’ll get pricked too…” The lady sweetly uttered and placed a plaster on Jiyong’s index finger. “Let me remove all the thorns from this one for you.”

“Uhmm… actually, I want to remove the thorns myself. You said it becomes more special if I’ll be the one to pick the rose for her… But I think it will be even more special if I’ll be the one to take out all the thorns from this rose. Can you teach me?” Jiyong smiled as he stared at the rose he is carefully holding…

~*---*~

“I have to run… Papa YG texted. He said there’s someone he wants to introduce us to.” Bom said as she pouted.

“What!? No! Not again!!” CL reacted as she pouted too. “This bonding sessions will be rarer now! Don’t you understand that she’ll have lesser time for us because of GD oppa?!”

“That’s not true! You’re more important than Jiyongie… He will never be my priority!” Dara blurted. “Actually, Dr Psy texted too. He needs me in the hospital. He said---“

“Excuse me ladies…” Dara suddenly stopped as someone tapped her gently on the shoulder. She looked up, and saw a lady on her 50’s sweetly smiling at her…

“Please take this. This is a rose personally picked for you!” the lady smiled brightly. Dara glanced at the long stemmed rose the lady was holding – it is beautiful and its bud is not fully bloomed yet. Its tip is soaked in a little plastic tube to maintain its freshness. She was about to take the flower as she smiled, but Bommie tapped her hand…

“What?! I’m sorry ajhumma, but… this girl is not available anymore. She’s seeing someone.” Bom said as she fixes her bag.

“What are you talking about? I’m not! I told you it’s not a relationship! Oooooh Bom-taro!” Dara said annoyingly. “Uhmm, who… who sent this ajhumma? Please send him my gratitude.”

“The handsome boy over there.” The lady pointed in front of her flower shop but the boy she is pertaining to is not there anymore. “Well, maybe he’s just shy. Forgive him. *chuckles* I think this is his first time falling in love…”

“Uhmm… Alright. Thank you so much ajhumma. I know you felt cold walking all the way from here to there with all this snow! Do you want warm water, ajhumma? Please take this.” Dara smiled sweetly as she handed the ajhumma a bottled water she got inside her bag.

“Now I understand why that boy loves you… You are a sweet young lady! He even pricked himself while removing the thorns in that! I offered him my expertise, but he said he wants to remove it personally to make that more special… I gave him S for such a superb effort!” The lady smiled. “I have to leave now… there’s no one in the shop, so I have to be there all the time. I have to keep the flowers on the right temperature or it’ll wither with this kind of weather!”

“Th-thanks ajhumma. Take care always!” Dara uttered as she waved but she felt her knees trembling. Her heart melted as soon as she held onto the pink shaded white rose. She can’t explain why she suddenly felt a positive energy coming from it - It’s as if she was brought back to the 21st century where Romeo and Juliet still exist! Flowers never fail to touch a girl’s wounded heart...

“I think GD oppa gave that to you! I’m positive!” CL uttered as she blushed and grinned. “Gosh! He’s super-duper-mega-over sweet!”

“No. I don’t think he gave this. He left as soon as I got out of his car…” Dara uttered while controlling her heart from thumping loudly. It can’t be him! I told him to go straight home as soon as I say goodbye to Trixie! Her thoughts were distracted as the three of them heard a commotion just across the street…

“OPPAAAAA!!! LOOK HERE! SARANGHAMNIDA!”

“OPPA!!! OPPA! I LOVE YOU!!”

“OPPA! MARRY ME!!! YOU”RE LOVELY!!!”

Bom and CL-roo’s faces were as white as paper and their mouths fell as they saw the man at the centre of the screaming crowd! He is wearing a cap and a pair of black shades that seems to be his ‘disguise-outfit’…

“OH. MY. GRR.” Bommie uttered as she couldn’t control from dropping. She is now staring blankly as if someone cast a spell on her just to make her immobilized. “So he really did it, huh?”

“Hey Bommie!! Why don’t you rescue Dara’s prince from that crowd? Look at him! His face is literally being eaten by fans!” CL said as they all glanced at the fans. The crowd are pulling GD’s jacket… some are even trying to kiss his cheek and others tried to strangle each other just to get near their idol! “Poor Oppa! His face says – S.O.S.!”

“Fine. Wait here.” Bom uttered as she got up from her seat. Suddenly, Dara reached for Bom’s arm…

“NO! Don’t!” Dara yelled. “He’s not a kid! He’s used to that kind of popularity!”

“Chae-Chae, hold this rabbit… I need to go there. And we need to talk to Jiyongie too don’t you think?” Bommie winked as CL finally held on struggling Dara.

Dara then uttered, “Fine! But don’t ask him anything stupid! Just talk to him normally! I’ll scratch your legs if you’ll say something stupid later, UNDERSTAND? Bommie?! BOMMEEEEEE!!” Dara struggled but CL already caught her arms! Bom looked back at them as she sticks her tongue out and walked across the street like there is an audition for ramp modelling going on. The other two girls watched her from afar while Dara felt helpless and finally gives up…

“Excuse me… Excuse me! Hello? PEOPLE! LET ME PASS THROUGH!” Bom shouted as she waved at Jiyongie. She then divided the crowd into two and forced herself at the centre.

“Oh! It’s Bommie unni! Bommie unni! Please take a picture with us! Please!”

“A-Shhhhhh! Shhhhh! Quiet! PLEASE!” Bom demanded as the crowd finally stopped talking as if they heard their mom scolding them! The whole street is now silent – only cars and motorcycles can be heard now. Bom held onto Jiyongie’s arm and uttered. “Okay. Let’s take a picture together… ONE PICTURE ONLY, ARASSO? And can you please leave after this? I know I’m being rude to GD’s lovely fans, but we’re busy right now! Do you understand?! One picture and then you’ll all go back to your own business?”

“NEEEE…” The crowd obediently answered in chorus. Bom waved at CL and gestured her to come near them. CL went near and Bom finally handed her a camera.

“Say… KIMCHEE!” CL smiled as she uttered. Finally, the task was done. The crowd fidgeted in happiness once the camera was handed back to them…

“Thanks unni! Thanks oppa! YOU BOTH ROCK!” One of the fans screamed in delight! “I hope what you’re doing now would be a collaboration of GTOPBOM! Saranghae and Komawo!”

“I’m really sorry for sending you all away. *pouts* we’re just pressured! You know – YG stuff! You all know how he gets mad at us if things aren’t done on time, right?” Bom smiled sweetly as she waved and grabbed CL’s and Jiyongie’s arms and pulled them towards the café. She looked back and shouted, “Annyeong! Be safe, GD fans! Saranghae!”

“AHH!” Jiyongie yelled all of a sudden as Bom accidentally touched Jiyongie’s fingers…

“Gosh, Jiyongie! You really removed all the thorns from that rose? Don’t ‘OUCH’ on me now! You did that to yourself! You’re crazy!” Bommie uttered as she pouted. She then grabbed a chair beside their table and uttered, “Sit.”

Jiyongie bowed his head in embarrassment. He held onto his fingers as he stared at it before he sat down. He then spoke, “Uhh… thanks Bommie.”

The four people sitting under one umbrella table suddenly felt the awkward wind blowing through their hair. Bommie and CL are staring at each other, sending eye-signals as if they are forcing each other to speak…

“Well? Don’t you two have some business at YGE? I thought YG texted you Bommie?” Dara asked to break the silence and to finally get rid of the two people beside her.

“Oh, did the president text you? I forgot to check my phone…” Jiyong uttered as he grabbed his phone. He then reads the text message and tries to avoid looking at the three girls in front of him…

YG: As soon as you receive this message, get your asses here as fast as you can! I want all of you to say hello to my newest talent. Be kind! Don’t discourage her with all the YG facts, arasso? GO! NOW!!!

Jiyong repeatedly reads the message because his mind is not absorbing the text. All he can think about right now is the word, “AWKWARD”. This is probably the most awkward moment he has encountered. He feels like he’ll sink in the chair he is sitting on if he stays with the three girls longer! He is not looking at the three girls but he can see through his peripheral view that they are talking with their eyes…

You go talk to him now!  Bom mouthed as she stared at CL flashing her big eyes while pouting towards Jiyongie.

Why me? This is your idea! CL mouthed too, giving Bommie a nervous glare.

You want his signature right? Go! SAY SOMETHING!!

“Uhmm… Oppa?” CL finally uttered, shyly. She glanced at GD oppa and noticed that his mind is lost in space! “Oppa? GD?”

“Err… Y-Ye?” Jiyong uttered as if he almost swallowed his own tongue! He then tried to force a smile on his tensed lips…

“Oh, oppa! *giggles* Calm your nerves! We’re not gonna eat you! Hahahahaha!” CL couldn’t control letting out her laughter now! She finds GD’s actions to be peculiar and funny. “You’re totally different from what I see on my TV screen! I mean, I never knew you have this sweet and shy side! COOL!”

“Err… *ahem* Th-thankss…”

“Oh! Ohohoh-Oppa! You’re so cute! I’ll just ask for your signature! I won’t ask anything aside from that… SWEAR! Haha.” CL uttered as she giggled once more.

“Uhh… Okay. Do you have a paper? I always bring a pen and a marker with me… for the fans. Haha.” Jiyong finally felt a bit relaxed as he uttered. CL got a piece of bear-shaped stationery inside her bag and handed it to Jiyongie. Jiyongie then uttered, “Uhmm… what should I place in here? Err… I mean… your name?”

“Oh. right… my friends are rude, sorry! They forgot to introduce me to you. Annyeong oppa! I’m CL.”

“It’s okay, it’s okay.” Jiyongie said as he flustered while the other two are still speechless. They are just staring at CL and Jiyongie, unable to figure out what to say. Jiyong then started writing…

“To: CL… I hope we can be great friends.” Jiyong uttered as he wrote. He then continued writing but this time, he didn’t read out loud what he is writing on the stationery. He then handed the paper to CL as he smiled while biting his lower lip.

“Uhmm… sorry to interrupt the fan meeting… but Jiyongie, YG’s already calling.” Bom suddenly uttered as she pointed her lips on Jiyongie’s blinking phone. Jiyongie sighed and stood up with head still bowed as low as possible…

“Uhmm… Nice meeting you CL. I wrote something there. Please let that be our secret.” Jiyongie smiled as he grabbed Bom’s bag and the two of them started walking across the street.

“Tokki. See you later kays? And bring the roasted corns home! Don’t let Seungri eat it!.” Bommie said as she smiled and waved before getting inside Jiyongie’s car. Jiyongie on the other hand smiled and waved at CL. He then caught Dara’s eyes… “Later, baby girl.”

Dara pursed her lips and stared meanly at Jiyongie, but she couldn’t hide her cheeks from being rosy! Jiyongie too, tried to go inside his car as fast as he could, but it’s too late! CL already saw Jiyong’s crimson face! She then grinned as she finally turned to Dara and asked…

“What? What did he call you? BABY GIRL? Waaaaaaah! He’s definitely in love with you!” CL beamed while her cheeks turned into cherry blossoms…

“Aishhhht! That guy! I told him not to call me ‘baby girl’ anymore!” Dara blurted furiously, but her cheeks are more flustered than CL-roo’s cheeks now! She grabbed her phone to text Jiyongie and let him know that she is pissed about letting CL hear what he said, but as soon as she held on her phone, it beeped! She immediately opened her inbox and read:

GD: Like a rose you are unique, you are special…

You can be sweet, at the same time – cynical

Your shrill thorns are vicious and deadly,

It’ll hurt someone else, Yes. Definitely!

But if you’ll let me look closely,

If you’ll let me try to understand fully…

Like a rose, it’s your only source of protection,

From all the pain you’ve felt and desertion…

Don’t you know that life is all about taking risks?

You can’t forever avoid fractures, sprains and twists!

If you’ll just let me pull out all your sharp, poisonous thorns,

Including your sadness, your grief, your mourns…

Then the rose inside you will eventually grow…

Making you feel brand new – you’ll bloom, you’ll glow!

Trust me baby girl, open your eyes, look at me,

I once had thorns too but now I’m finally free…

~*---*~