SNATCHED!

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 27: SNATCHED!

The night is so subtle --- the light of the moon shines unlike any other night Dara has ever seen in Korea’s evening sky; the clouds are as smooth as silk and the stars twinkle like the most expensive diamonds that have ever existed – It is a work of art! Everyone who sees the night sky will absolutely be mesmerized and will surely be in love with the sight of it…

But to Dara, it is a sign of a near-death event for she is being clasped by a criminal now comfortably sloping on her back, with both arms hanging on her shoulders! She couldn’t see a damn thing too! Why is it so pitch dark here? Everything seems to go with the criminal’s evil plan! This is the most untimely moment at the middle of an astonishing sight… How can this be so ironic to have witnessed the striking showcase of the heavens, while being in the middle of a life-or-death scenario! Dara’s heart is now beating heavily, finding it hard to even breathe! She’s panting but her mind is still capable of thinking fast, looking for a reasonable excuse for the man to release her from his captivity without doing her any harm! She now took a deep breath and glanced back at the beautiful sky because that’s the only source of light Dara has now… The one and only street light located on the other side of the road seems to frighten her more for it flickers twice as fast as the batting of her eyelids! How can the street light time it’s malfunctioning to the moment where she is fighting for her survival? She can now feel that her heart will stop at any moment because of too much anxiety and fear but as soon as she looks up at the heavens, it gives her the feeling that somehow, she is being watched over by angels…

Suddenly, a star fell from the heavens, gracefully drawing a line on the sky as if it wants to spare Dara’s life by giving a pint of hope... It appears, the heavens want her to make a wish – to be able to let her live life longer no matter how much it costs! Well at least, she won’t die without having a purpose… she won’t die without even saying goodbye to the ones she love and she won’t get killed, unprepared!

“Oh God, please… let me have another chance to live… I will make the most out of the life you’ll spare me…” Dara closed her now watery eyes and muttered, hoping that what she saw was really a wishing star…

“PLEASE!!! I have no money! I can’t give you anything!!!” Dara pleaded as she covered her face, anticipating that the man at her back will point a gun at her and steal all her money, or do some gruesome thing that’ll kill her like what she usually sees happening in a horror movie! “Sir, if you want something else, I think you’re having a big mistake! You won’t be satisfied with me!!! I’m as thin as a stick!!! NO! *shakes head* Na-uh!! Not y at all! Would you be seduced by my limp figure, huh? You’ll just be disappointed, *sobs* I assure you!!!” Dara said as she tried to convince the criminal, but the man still doesn’t want to move!!!

Heek~… Heek~” Dara can now feel the man’s chest jerk as soon as he hiccupped! The man’s body is now getting heavier, his face is almost kissing Dara’s cheek… “~Heek! *cough-cough* ~Heek!

“Ughh… His breath smells like spoiled milk!” This man is drunk, Dara thought, as she plans to kick the man’s bulge but she couldn’t move her legs for it is tightly sandwiched between the car and the criminal’s heavy thighs! She now moved to plan B – she grabbed the man’s dangling arm on her shoulder, twist it as hard as possible so that she will now be freed from the man’s capture! She then finds herself in control of the situation for the man doesn’t seem to care that Dara managed to escape from the man’s evil snug! She pushed the man’s head against the car’s glass window while gripping onto his arm tightly, making the man’s face lie flat on the car’s glass window --- like what cops usually do when arresting a snatcher…

How can this man do such crime carelessly? He just let Dara loose without even struggling to get her back in his criminal hands? And his body just seems to follow what Dara makes it do, without exerting much effort!!! She then slowly and carefully loosened her grip from the man’s arm, planning to run, but the man suddenly turned around to face her and held her hand, tightly intertwining it to his own soft hands! How can a snatcher have such smooth, soft, well-maintained hands? And what a weird move for a criminal – he wants to hold hands? Dara thought as her heart pounded even harder than before! But the beating of her heart changed, making it flutter insanely, as if it is rejoicing at the exact moment where she felt the man’s skin touching her bony hands! Butterflies flew around the walls of her stomach, making her heart pound even harder… What is this? Dara is certainly going mental!

“You’re hands…~heek! It’s… so. smooth…” The guy uttered, as he pulled Dara towards him, forcing her to rest on the man’s firm chest! “And you… smell. ~heek! SO GOOOOOD…” Finally, the man tilted his chin as his droopy eyes glanced at the sky, exposing his face to the moonlight…

Dara gasped. Is this really him?! Is Dara… dreaming?? She wasn’t able to move as her eyes gleamed in awe – His face glows perfectly as the moonlight hits it; his lips look moist and soft… almost like a candy coated chocolate... shiny and deliciously tempting, and when you put it in your mouth, it melts and the chocolate oozes; his skin is as smooth as the clouds in the sky, and his jawline is amazingly perfect! Even though his breath smells disgusting, he still looks unbelievably… GORGEOUS! Wow! Dara flushed even more. She never thought that could be possible! As the man now made his signature lip-biting-smirk, Dara then confirms that she is definitely not dreaming! This guy she’s leaning on – yeah… it’s really him…

“J-Jiyongie???” Dara gasped once more, couldn’t believe what her eyes are showing her right now! fell on the ground, as her eyes are now intensely glued on Jiyong’s face… How can the drunk-face of Jiyongie still look extravagantly beautiful? The moon seems to bow in his presence as it gives him an even more extraordinary glow in his already-fabulously-looking façade! HOLY MOTHER OF PEPPERS. I just thought that this beautiful guy is the criminal that will ruthlessly kill me! *chuckles* How can this pretty guy even do that? *giggles* Wait a minute... What is he doing here? He's alone and... drunk??? Dara thought, as she now feels angry because of all the anxiety Jiyong unconsciously gave her. She finally clears , giving him an angry gaze and yelled, “WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?!”

“Haha… Hahaha… Who are you?! ~Heek* Ahhh… I feel so sick!” Jiyong uttered, caressing his flawless forehead, trying to shake his hangover off and have a clear view on the girl in front of him and the surroundings around them… “You know what, ~heek! You look like the girl I like… You both have… the same… ~heek* heavenly glow! Hahaha…”

“You’re just drunk Jiyongie… Where’s your car? The car keys… let me have it!”

“We happen to be leaning on it… VENUS! ~Heek* the car keys… in my pocket…” Dara now searched the pockets on Jiyong’s jeans, but she can’t find it! Her hands travelled on every pocket of Jiyong's jeans, but nothing! The only thing she found out is Jiyong’s thighs and are firm and y! She can’t help but blush… I didn't mean to touch it. Believe me Jiyongie, I didn't do it on purpose! Your jeans are just too tight! How can you fit in here? She flustered even more, but as she found the right time to get rid of all the overwhelming emotions she has been feeling for Jiyong now, she swallowed and uttered, “It’s not here, silly! And I’m not Venus!!!”

“No… Ughh… I mean… ~heek! You look like the goddess of Beauty - Venus. ~heek* Venus suits you…” Jiyong laughed, still in his drunk state. He then muttered, “It’s in the pocket… of my blazer…”

Dara flustered as soon as she heard what Jiyong said… Really? A smile formed from the corner of her lips… he just compared me to a goddess? Her face flushed even more as she finally was able to absorb all those flattering words and stared at Jiyong’s scarlet, drunk face. She suddenly found herself in a place filled with cotton candy clouds and fireworks! – He just said I can be compared to Venus! While her eyes sparkle at the fireworks exploding above her head, she saw another shooting star falling from the sky! She’s in a wonderful dream! As soon as she felt so overwhelmed by those words that came from Jiyongie’s blissful mouth, she suddenly closed her eyes… What am I doing?! NO!!! I should forget you!! I should stop this nonsense!!! NO! Her rational mind whispered as Dara shook her head, trying to get back to reality. NO!! He’s just drunk Dara!

Dara’s eyebrows now creased, wondering what Jiyong is talking about! He is not wearing any blazer! She then had a hunch… what if the blazer is inside Jiyong’s car? “Arghh… Jiyongie… I think you left your blazer inside the car!” Dara blurted as she peeped through the car’s tinted window and managed to see Jiyong’s blazer, sitting on the driver’s seat…

“Now, what do we do?”

Dara also inclined beside Jiyong, trying to think of a plan to open his car and leave him there. After this, she can forget that this even happened and just continue living life… the way it should be! After this, she’ll just pretend that she was just having a bad dream. Is this really a ‘bad dream’ for her? Deep inside, even if she considers this situation very unfortunate… she somehow felt that she wants to stay beside him… just for tonight. Somehow, she wishes that this night would stay longer… long enough to satisfy her fluttering heart.

While her mind is flying, still thinking about the situation and how to get out of it, her back suddenly itches! She wants to scratch it real hard, but she remembered that her hand is still caged! She now raised her hand that is still being clutched by Jiyong’s palms…His hands---fits perfectly into mine. It is almost like a baby’s hand… a baby girl’s hand… how delicate! I bet he doesn’t know how to wash dishes –-- Ughh!! STOP IT DARA!! Here it goes again! STUPID BRAIN! Dara thought, as she shook her head, trying to send her brain from planet Mars back to planet Earth and tries to remove her hands from his grip… but his grip is unbelievably tight! It is locked perfectly, that she can’t seem to let loose!

“Jiyongie… my hands! Please.”

“NO! *pouts* Please don’t leave me!!! I still feel… ~heek* sick!” Jiyong uttered as he leaned on the car, faced Dara and went near her flustered face! Dara covered with her other hand, anticipating that Jiyong will kiss her again because she can already feel Jiyong’s nose touching the tip of hers! But before Dara could even blink, Jiyong tilted his head on the side and his puckering faucet lets out another stream of acidic fluids… GREAT.

---

Dara is now absolutely sure that the night is longer than usual. First - she wasn’t able to sleep no matter how many sheep she has already counted; then - she suddenly has to run to a convenient store because of her red alert emergency; and now – instead of comfortably snoring beside CL and Bommie, she finds herself dealing with a drunk-man-slash-human-faucet who happens to be the root of every clumsiness and stupidity she is becoming this past few weeks! She wants to call Bommie now ---- maybe she will know what to do with this crazy, stupid, barf-machine beside her! But she left her phone inside Bommie’s car… RIGHT! Bommie’s car!!! Why didn’t she think of that?! It’s already 15 minutes since Jiyong showed his drunk self to Dara… and Dara didn’t even came up with that idea???  HOLY CRAP, DARA! What’s wrong with you!

Dara dragged drunky Jiyong towards the spot where she parked Bommie’s car, forcing him to go inside. “Stay here for a while Jiyongie… I’ll just grab something to make you sober…”

“NOOO! I TOLD YOU BEFORE TO NOT LEAVE ME RIGHT?? *scowls* you stay here… beside me!!!” Jiyong demanded as he tapped the space beside him, signalling Dara to sit just right there.

“AISHHHHT!! GET YOURSELF BACK TOGETHER MAN, Jeeeez! Stop being such a baby!! Urghhh… FINE!!! Just let me call Bommie…we need her!!!” Dara yelled as she pushed drunky further inside the backseat of the car and finally sits beside him. She has no choice – drunky is still holding her hand tight, she couldn’t let go! She then dialled Bom’s number - No answer. Dara repeats the procedure twice… thrice… a hundred times - STILL. NO. ANSWER. Ughh… Where’s Bommie when I need her? Dara then glanced at her wrist watch and discovers it’s still 2:20am… Of course, Bommie’s still comatose on Dara’s bed, snugging her fluffy pillow…

“Ughh… this is hopeless!” Dara’s frustration came out from ! Bommie never turns her phone in silent mode… she never fails to answer phone calls --- even if her eyes are still asleep, she still answers groggily! But what’s happening to her now? Yeah right. She’s not waiting for any call now… she was just accepted at YGE! That happens to be the only call she’s waiting for everyday!! And maybe this is the only night she finally felt comfortable sleeping – no anxiety… no worries! Because she’s now accepted in the company she’s been dreaming to be a part of! And I think she’s just too tired to wake up because she just organized an unexpected-Congratulatory-party earlier! Maybe she and CL are just exhausted…Okay. Dara gives up now… time to think of another plan to escape…

“Ahhh!” The bulb on Dara’s head suddenly lit up! “Youngbae-goon!!! He is your friend right??  *beams* Maybe I should call him! I just hope he’s still awake!” Dara’s eyes glistened at the hope of asking help from Youngbae. She dialled his number but unfortunately, the operator answers… “~The number you have dialled is out of coverage area. Please try your call later~”

“Why do I have a feeling that I have to just endure this long night with you?” Dara disappointedly says, as she let out a deep sigh, finally accepting the fact that maybe she really needs to handle ‘drunky’ a bit longer… all of a sudden, she jerked! - Jiyong’s head fell on her sharp shoulders! “Yeah… Go ahead. Sleep comfortably!!! Look at you! And all the people I need right now --- you’re all snoring! And I can’t even close my eyes!!! I need rest too, you know… I still have work tomorrow!” Dara blurted out as Jiyong seemed to answer her with a mild, cute snore. GREEEEEEAT.

Dara sat still, afraid that he might wake drunky up… He is sleeping like a baby on Dara’s bony shoulders, and Dara was annoyed at first, but finally lets him borrow it… for now. She tried calling CL-roo’s number, but it seems impossible to wake the two girls now --- they probably reached their REM stage of sleep, having the most wonderful dreams inside their heads, while Dara is wide awake, wondering why she even let herself be with Mr. drunky-slash-barfinator! “As if I have any other choice… ~sigh*”

The night is so quiet… Dara wants to play Bommie’s smash-to-turn-it-on stereo just to break the silence, but Jiyong suddenly snorted, making Dara’s river of thoughts drift away! She can’t help but stare at this guy now, as he makes a cute snort-and-pout-face and and now, she feel angry at him without knowing the reason why…

“Ayy, this is your entire damn fault! Of all the celebrities I know, you’re the only one who is waaaaaaaaaay too CLUMSY!!! *gasp* First, you trip and drag me along, and now, you drank too much and yet again… you drag me along in this crazy mess of yours!!! Ughh.. Why me?! You know, I really don’t wanna see you! I hate those cute expressions that you make! I hate that beautiful, irresistible face that you have! I hate those soft lips that I can’t seem to forget!! But no matter what I do… THIS happens! AISHHHHHHHT!!” For a second, Dara felt upset that the man she wants to forget always crosses her path. But when Jiyong stretched, making his way to Dara’s lap… he bit his lip and pouted!

“YAH! *blush* Don’t do that!! *gasp* I can’t believe this! Even while you sleep you bite your lip? Oh Yes… I know your lips taste good… ~Omo! I just said his lips taste good! *shakes head* Arghhhhhhh! NO! Oh come on!!! Will.you.just.stop.doing.that?? It’s… it’s… DISTRACTING!” Dara paused, finding it hard to breathe by the sight of drunky’s lip-biting-habit! She can’t help but stare at his lips, making her remember how soft and sweet it is to be pressing her lips against his! OMYGHAAAA~ I can't believe I just said his lips taste good! What’s going on with me? Dara thought, as her heart leaps to ! It’s pounding real hard, making her cheeks go as scarlet as drunky’s face! She’s out of her mind! She then continued, “Do you think you’ll get my heart by doing that, huh? Do you think I’m just some other fan, willing to kiss your and adore you just because of that irresistible lip-biting-habit of yours?” Dara stopped, stunned by her own words! She thought of all the things she said and realized something - She shook her head and tapped her forehead, making the don’t-be-stupid-Dara face… “Andwe, andwe!! I CAN’T!!! I can’t… like you...”

“W-WHY?”

Dara’s mouth dropped open – Did Jiyong just ask why?? Crap! *What to do?* Dara then bit her fist, her face now flushed more than ever, trying to be quiet as possible and think of a way to reply to drunky without making herself sound defensive…

 “Y… Y… YB… left me at the bar…” Jiyong appears to be dreaming. Jiyong keeps murmuring but Dara doesn’t understand any of the words coming from drunky’s soft, puckering mouth. ~whew!* He just said YB’s name… Dara thought he asked her why she likes him. She chuckled in relief.

“Shhhhh! Just sleep, okay! Sleep!!” Dara commanded as she looked at Jiyong who seemed to understand what she just said – he’s quiet again, comfortably snoring on her not-so-comfortable, skinny lap. Jiyong turned to face Dara’s stomach and snored softly, making his hand comfortable while still holding Dara’s…

“I kissed her YB… I finally… kissed my dream…”

“Wow… I don’t think that’s essential for me to hear! I don’t need to know that! *bites lip* I’m not YB!! STOP MURMURING! Ayy, Jiyong-ah! You’re annoying!” Dara blurted as she stared at drunky who now looks like a baby, comfortably snugging Dara’s hand, with mouth slightly open and finally lets out another cute snore… “Maybe you’re just so used to giving your lips to every girl you see, huh?! I bet you kissed someone at the bar and you want to brag about that to YB! What an … hmpf!”

Wait… Why am I angry? It’s none of your business Dara! Aishhhhht! Dara thought as she couldn’t figure out why she suddenly felt pissed, hearing that Jiyong kissed another girl! So what? I shouldn’t be like this to him! I don’t care no matter how many girls you’ve kissed drunky! Besides, I guess th

is is just the effect of my menstrual period… She then felt Jiyong’s grip slowly loosen… Finally, Dara’s hand is free! Maybe he’s already in deep sleep, she thought, as she stared at her hand which is fitting perfectly to Jiyong’s. She ran her thumb against Jiyong’s hand, feeling his soft, smooth, electrocuting hand – I’ve never seen a skin so perfect before… it is as smooth and as white as milk. But even if his hands are smooth, I can feel its electricity being passed into mine!! What exactly is this? I have never felt this with any guy I’ve been with before! Well, how can I feel this with Minho or Sephie? When in fact, I don’t like holding hands! But why do I feel happy holding his hand?! This is the first time in my life, that I agreed to be held like this! I suddenly don’t feel irritated… even if the electricity in his hands are in high voltage! Is this… what I think it is? – Nah! Maybe it’s just static.

You’re so pathetic Dara! Don’t tell me, you’re falling for this guy already?! Remember – you can’t fall for ANYONE! You’ll just hurt yourself! You won’t let that happen to you again, will you? … Will you? Her rational mind spoke to her, waiting for Dara to answer, but Dara couldn’t find where she placed her voice! She seems to have lost her energy to answer back! Part of her wants to give up and surrender to her heart’s desire, but she remembered that she has to make her mind win over her feelings! She then lets go of Jiyong’s hand - my rational mind is right, Dara thought. She can’t love again! She’s been there, and the only thing she got from that experience is an unending cycle of pain and suffering! But she admits - there’s something about this guy that makes her heart jump like crazy! Every time Jiyong is near, her heart gets wild and frantically leaps, as if it wants to come out from ! This guy… I don’t know what he has, but even if I close my eyes, my heart seems to recognize him... She thought, as she stared once more at the beautiful face of the guy lying on her lap and her heart fluttered once more…

“ANDWE! No, I can’t! NOOO!!!” She yelled as she shook her head. She feels stupid now… She can’t fall for him! She keeps on chanting those words on her mind, but her heart won’t listen! Her heart shouts Jiyong’s name every time it beats! How can she possibly resist this kind of feeling - when every time she wants to forget him, he comes out of nowhere and shows his charming self in front of Dara’s confused mind!

Dara now felt tired – tired of controlling her emotions… tired of hearing the arguments between her mind and her heart… tired of fighting over her feelings... Her mind seemed to surrender over her heart now… Every time Dara’s rational mind tells her that she CAN’T fall for Jiyong, her heart seems to beat louder and louder, until Dara couldn’t hear anything anymore except for the extremely loud drumming of her heartbeat. If only her brain has hands, it will be thrown in the air, waving a white flag as a sign of giving up…

“Okay. This is the only time I’ll say this… and good thing you’re not listening!” Dara softly muttered as her heart quivered in a bizarre way. Why do I still feel nervous? I find it very hard to say those three words even if I am sure that this drunk is sleeping!  Dara thought as her rational mind spoke again – OH COME ON DARA! What’s so hard about it? HOLY CRAP! Just say it!

“FINE. *puhut* yes. I’ll finally admit it! I… I like you, Jiyongie.” Dara uttered as her eyes sparkled and her face flustered scarlet. She sighed in relief. Finally, she felt her mind and heart at peace… The snatcher that she thought would steal her life without justice… snatched her heart instead, without even realizing that he did it! Jiyong never knows that he already won Dara’s heart without even doing anything!

Dara at last yawned, feeling exhausted in trying to fight her feelings over, only to surrender to it at the end of the day. She then felt her eyelids feeling heavy as she didn’t notice that she was already starting to fall asleep, with Jiyong’s perfect façade on her mind…

~*---*~