REACTION FORMATION

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 39: REACTION FORMATION

“I’ll be back. I’ll just get the trainees from the lobby.” YG uttered as he went outside.

“So, did he tell you who’re the new trainees he is so proud of?” Tabi hyung asked as soon as YG was out of sight.

“No.” Ji said blankly. He is now thinking about what YG told him ---- The girl at the concert gained a lot of haters from all over the world.

Did her haters grow bigger? If Dara will see it, she’ll be more discouraged about accepting my heart… Jiyong thought. He didn’t even minded gaining haters too. He just thinks about how Dara will feel if she sees those bad comments about her on the internet.

“Ji! What’s up with you?! YB and I have been trying to contact you last week. What keeps you busy nowadays?” Tabi hyung finally distracts Ji’s deep thoughts. “YB’s first music video is coming up! And you didn’t even bother to visit the shooting site!”

“I’m sorry hyung. I’m just… things were just crazy last week.”

“Bullsh*t! If that’s about the girl, forget about it just once! This is YB’s first album! We have to support him! What happened to bros before hoes?!” Tabi hyung shook his head as he uttered.

“She’s not a hoe, hyung. I… I really like this girl!”

“That’s not what I mean... Ughh. Where’s your brain, huh?!”

The door finally opened before Jiyong could even reply to TOP. He was about to close his eyes, but when the door opened once more, He almost had a heart attack!

“RA---“

“Oppa?!” Minji’s eyes grew bigger which seemed impossible because she has very small eyes, but because of what she saw… it exaggeratedly grew twice bigger than its normal size!

“SEUNGRI?!” Bom couldn’t control from dropping as she said it out loud. “You never---“

“Shhh!” YG suddenly spoke. “I know. This family is actually getting bigger while the world gets smaller. Everyone, meet Seungri and Ga-In. They’ll be the new YG family members. Please… Introduce yourselves briefly.”

“Annyeong everyone. I’m Ga-In. I believe some of you here already saw me somewhere.” Ga-In uttered as she glanced at YB and Jiyong and smiled coldly. “Please be kind to me and I hope we can work together comfortably.”

YG then smirked as he tapped Seungri on the shoulder. “Wait. I know you are all wondering why I hired him. You’ll all understand as soon as he talks. Go ahead, boy. Introduce yourself.”

“Uhmm… Hi! *beams* I’m Seungri, but you can call me Ri. I always apply here whenever Sajangnim holds an audition at my school, but I only have 2 great qualities back then. And now that I have 5 good qualities, I went straight to him and stated every good quality I have that most of you don’t, just for him to accept me…” Seungri scratched his head as he chuckled a little.

“Go ahead, boy. Tell them the qualities you’ve said they don’t have.” YG uttered as he smirked.

“Well, I told Sajangnim, the most handsome Sajangnim…” Seungri uttered, but he stopped because when he looked at everyone especially Bom noona, she looks like she’ll puke or something.

“Don’t mind them. Continue…” YG exclaimed.

“I told Sajangnim that: 1 – I am the best dancer. 2 – I have the best voice. 3 – I AM CONFIDENT. 4 – I never give up EASILY… and most importantly, 5 – I am the cutest!” Seungri grinned as he flashed an aegyo.

“See what I mean, people?! Can you now reject this lad?! *chuckles* That’s the reason why I hired him! Now… I’ll go before the snow thickens even more. Use this time to get to know each other, arasso? And Ji, I’ll be texting you what you need to do for me.”

~*---*~

REACTION FORMATION – it is a medical term used by doctors and nurses to describe a kind of defense mechanism that a person does when he/she acts the opposite of what he/she feels.

This is exactly what our Dara is doing now. She texted Jiyongie an hour ago, telling him that she hates flowers. But right at this very moment, she is sitting on their dining area, staring at what seems to be making her cheeks even more red – that long stemmed single rose that Jiyong gave her. Plus, it came with a very meaningful poem that Dara now reads over and over again! She felt moved and all her nerves are in a celebratory mode – her limp frame tingles while all the blood flowing inside her body is concentrated to her cheeks! No one has ever done such kind of effort for her. Minho and Sephie did the greatest efforts, but Jiyongie made a different effort, leaving a great impression on Dara’s wounded heart. Giving roses to a girl is a common gesture already, but giving a single rose that the guy personally pulled the thorns out from is a different thing. A poem is very hard to do too! How can he compose that kind of poem in just a matter of minutes? He’s like a walking literature! He’s amazing... His brain is so big that Dara now understands why YG hired him in the company – who can reject a genius, huh? Does he even get insecure? He has everything – the looks, the inborn talent and the brains!

“What more can he ask for?” Dara asked herself as she washes the dishes. She’s now alone inside her house. CL just left. She said she still has to clean her house and she doesn’t want to be trapped in the snow if she doesn’t go home as fast as she can.

Dara’s phone beeped. She wiped her wet hands even if she’s not done with the dishes yet and reads the text message.

YB: Dara. I miss you. I’m sorry I got busy this past weeks. I’m shooting my first music video. After this can we eat out? I want to celebrate with you… if that’s okay. Lol

GD: You don’t like roses? Any type of roses?! Err… What else don’t you like? I just want to know…

What else don’t I like? Dara thought as she sat on the chair inside their kitchen and pondered about the text. She didn’t even notice that YB is asking her out! As soon as she saw GD’s text, she got lost again in a very nice place. What else? What do I dislike? She keeps repeating what GD is asking as she started texting…

DARA: I don’t like to see you anymore… *erase* “No. that’s harsh.” She told herself as she erased what she just typed. Honestly, Dara wants to see him again. She doesn’t know why, and she knows that rebound relationship is wrong, but she lies to herself, telling that everything is just a negotiation so it’s fine to see him. She doesn’t want to admit to herself that Jiyong’s plan is actually working a little bit… no. Maybe a lot! She then went to their patio to feel the cold wind. Maybe I just need some fresh air…

She forgot the dishes as she went outside and looked up at the heavens. Mama… I miss you. You know I don’t trust anybody but you! I trust Seungri… but I don’t want to see him getting hurt because of me… Mama. I need you. She thought as she looked at the night sky. “If only mama’s here. I think she’ll give the best advice, and I’ll never be stupid again coz she’ll tell me what to do…”

Dara loves this feeling now. She’s addicted to the feeling of being alone these days. She has time for herself, and for all the things that are bothering her. She looked at her foot – it’s getting bluish now. She walked outside barefooted, ignoring the coldness of the snow. She then went back inside their house. She grabbed her winter coat and boots and went back outside – she laid on the ground, feeling all the snow pressing on her back. “Mama… give me something… a hint. A sign… Am I going to allow Jiyongie to be close to our family? Is he going to do what Minho, dad, and Sephie did to me?” Dara asked as she pouted and closed her eyes…

Something itchy landed on her nose all of a sudden – it’s like what I’ve felt in my dream! She opened her eyes, and to her surprise, there is a white butterfly sitting right at the tip of her nose! “Shoo! You’re distracting me! Can’t you see, I’m talking to my mom!!!” She uttered as she shooed the butterfly away. Now… what am I going to reply to him?

~*---*~

“Noona. I’ve got to tell you something.” Ji said as he tugged Bom’s jacket.

“What?!” Bom asked as she was about to go to Seungri for YG just left the building. “I have to ask my cousin something! Can you believe it?! Everybody’s been keeping secrets from me!”

“Yeah. About that… there’s something you still don’t know about my past…” Jiyong uttered but Bom is not interested. She stood up and pulled her jacket from Ji’s grip.

“Later, okay? I told you I’ll help you with Dara from now on, remember? The Parks are good at keeping promises!” Bom said as she now rushed to Seungri…

“BRAAAAT!” Bom said furiously as she hit Seungri’s head so hard, that everyone thought his neck broke. “YAH! Why did you keep this from me, huh?!”

“Surprise! *chuckles* I just want Sajangnim to accept me not because I’m your cousin, but I want him to see that I have my own talent! And I just didn’t tell you my plan because… you know that your mouth has its own brain! IT talks even if it’s unnecessary to talk!”

“What?! Even you?! You think of me as a non-stop---“

“Nagger-bot.” Seungri said. “It’s like you are one of the robots in a carnival that when we put tokens in, you speak non-stop!”

“Uhmm…” Jiyong suddenly interrupted. Seungri was about to walk away and go somewhere far from Ji as he sighed, but Ji got hold of his arm already. “YG texted. He said… He said I’ll be your mentor.”

“WHAT?!” Seungri suddenly yelled as everyone in the room looked at him. “Noona! Do something!! How can it be HIM?! I’ll be more comfortable if YB hyung will be the one to handle me, not HIM!”

“What’s the problem between you two?” Bom asked, confused of why Seungri is so pissed when he found out that Ji is going to handle him for the mean time. Seungri on the other hand pushed Ji’s hand away as he went near YB, Ga-In, Daesung and Minji who areall talking to each other now…

“Noona. I have to talk to you privately.” Ji said as Bom nodded, her curiosity is almost killing her brain cells..

“Alright. Let’s go at the cafeteria. I hate you right now! I haven’t introduced myself to Ga-In yet!”

[Flashback]

A tall boy wearing a pair of eyeglasses with his uniform neatly pressed, his polo is buttoned up obsessively neat too, his pants are a bit higher than his ankles but he wears long socks and a pair of worn out shoes – the only exposed part of his body is his hands and his face. He is walking past the corridor when someone called his attention…

“Tabi… I made cookies for you!” a y girl wearing short uniform skirt and a blouse that is untidy that made her cleavage exposed suddenly said as she went near him. “When will you accept my proposal?”

A boy suddenly arrived rushing towards nerdy-looking Tabi. He is shorter than Tabi, but he looks more strong and confident. He is wearing a pair of the most fashionable sunglasses with his untidy uniform – all the buttons of his polo is almost hanging from its thread. His golden wrist watch is glimmering, but his neck tie is just hanging there like a piece of faded scarf, and his pants is lose that his boxers will be exposed as soon as he sits down. It is not allowed to match the descent uniform with a pair of rubber shoes, but this boy wears rubber shoes anyways – the most expensive pair of rubber shoes that are not yet available on the stores, to be exact. He is the ‘BOSS’ of this school.

 “Oppa!” A very cute girl said rushing towards Jiyong. “Oppa will you please accept my heart?”

Jiyong and Tabi are walking past the school corridor ignoring every girl trying to get their attention. They are late again, but they both don’t care because even if they’ll get expelled by the school, they have a sure-shot in achieving their dream – YG already hired them as trainees. TOP just transferred in this school because he originally was from L.A.. Something traumatic happened to his life that he decides to pursue his dream in his homeland instead. Luckily, He became friends with Ji in an instant.  And Ji is closely related to YG, so he got into the company without any difficulty.

Ji is a trainee at YG since he was six. He got there with his best friend YB easily because YG is the boyfriend of Jiyong’s noona, Ye Jin…

Jiyongie and Tabi are the most popular students at school. Even if they’re not known by the republic of Korea yet, they are the most popular to their school especially to the girls. Every day, when his Noona drops him off to school, Jiyong would go straight to his locker room and get his books there. But when he opens his locker, the locker spits a huge pile of chocolates, letters and bears all forced inside it. “Ughh! Why are they always like this?!”

“Dongsaeng! Good morning to you.” Tabi hyung uttered sarcastically as he opened his locker and the same thing happened. All of the chocolates popped out and dropped on the floor as soon as he opened it. “Girls...”

“Yeah. Tell me about it.” Ji said as he wipes his books that are now covered with stains of melted chocolate. “By the way, YG is going here this afternoon. Did he tell you about that?”

“Yeah. He’s looking for someone to hire… again! It seems he’s still not contented with the both of us.” Tabi hyung uttered. “I’ll be one of the judges later – YG’s orders. You?”

“I don’t want to put my hands on it. I’ve got lots to do.” Ji said. They now closed their lockers and decided to attend the first lecture even if they’re already late.

“Hyung. Have you seen my pet?” Ji asked.

“Who? You just fired your servant last week! I don’t know who you are pertaining to now. Did someone crazy applied for the position again?”

“Ne. And this time, I decided to keep him. His too modest and obedient to let go.” Ji uttered as he chuckled. They peeped through the door of their classroom, but the class was almost over, so they just decided to go to the quadrangle instead.

They sat under a tree and Tabi hyung immediately fell asleep in just a snap. Jiyong then grabbed his backpack as he went through his notes. Jiyong looks like a bully from the outside, but he is actually one of the most brilliant students here. Tabi hyung on the other hand sleeps whenever the lecture starts. Apparently, they just wear clothes for fashion, or because that’s what they think are comfortable.

The school bell finally rang. It’s break time.

“Oh, there you are Servant!” Jiyong said as he saw his new servant lurking around like a rat. “What did I miss this morning?”

“It… It’s recorded in here. Sorry Prince Ji. I have morning classes too, so I just left a recorder on your seat in case you won’t be able to attend school again.”

“That’s my boy, Seungri! Thanks!” Ji replied as he immediately got the recorder and listened to it.

“Uhmm… so, I heard YG’s been looking for talents. Did you mention my name to him?” Seungri asked.

“Don’t bother. I already did!” Ji said as he smirked. Actually, he never did. He sees Seungri practicing alone at the dance room every afternoon, and he’s quite impressed. Actually, he’s not just impressed – he’s more of afraid, scared that if YG will see Seungri’s talent, he’ll be Jiyong’s greatest competition! He is sweet, charming, he has a great voice, and he dances better than YB! He has what it takes! He is the combination of GD and YB, except that he doesn’t know how to rap properly. But still… Jiyong sees him as his worst competition. This explains why he is bullying him right now. This explains why he didn’t think twice of hiring him when Seungri pleaded to be his servant. If he’ll be in Jiyong’s hands, Jiyong will be able to control what will happen. He’ll be able to do something so that Seungri won’t be accepted in their company…

“Thanks Prince Ji! You are absolutely the best!” Seungri smiled as he hugged his master.

“Okay. Stop! Stop! I like you, Rat… *messes with Seungri’s hair* I just don’t like the hugging. That’s so gay, man!”

[End of Flashback]

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Dae asked as Seungri told him about his past with Ji hyung.

“I didn’t know that we’ll meet again!” Seungri said as he shook his head.

“STUPID! Then you should have applied to JYP instead! You know that Jiyong hyung is working here for so many years already! Arghh. You are smart, Ri…. But sometimes, you are too smart that you don’t notice that you are already becoming stupid!”

“This is my dream, hyung! And I thought because of his attitude, he’ll be kicked out from here! But I guess I’m wrong… Maybe he’s just too scared to show the real him…”

[Flashback]

“Oppa. What are you doing? Why did you go to Jiyong oppa and suddenly offered to be his servant?” Tiffany asked. They are classmates, and they are somehow related because Dara is Tiffany’s brother’s girlfriend.

“What?!” Seungri asked. He looked at Tiffany who suddenly gave him a what-an-idiot expression. “Jiyong hyung is my idol! He is not that bad! He’s actually kind to me!”

“So you’re willing to be used just to get to YG?” Tiffany asked as she rubbed her face in frustration. “Oppa, that’s insane!!! You are talented! You don’t need him to get to your dream!”

“I’m still a student. I still have 3 more years to fulfil my dream! But if I do this, I’ll be able to get to YG faster…” Seungri said as he scratched his head. “Speaking of which… here he comes!” Seungri beamed like a kid who sees the person he idolizes come to life from the back of a cereal box! He felt excited and suddenly spoke. “Hyung! Ah… I mean, Prince Ji!” Seungri yelled as he called Jiyong’s attention. “I’ve got soda and bulgoggi for you! This is your favourite right?!”

“You researched! Good, good! Thanks. Err… YG will be here today. So you better get ready! Show him what you’ve got!” Ji smirked as he brushed Seungri’s hair. He then looked at his group and gave them a meaningful look. “By the way… This is my assignment for later. DO IT. I need that this afternoon…”

“Arasso!” Seungri attentively said as he placed Ji’s notebook inside his backpack. He then stood up and pulled Tiffany’s hand. “We’ll be going to the library now. I’ll do this before YG arrives.”

“GOOD. I need that before the audition starts.” Ji said bossily. He forced a fake smile on his face. “Remember. You have to give me that before the audition. UNDERSTAND?”

“OKAY!” Seungri said as he rushed to the library with Tiffany.

They went to the library to do an assignment of a junior. Seungri is still in his first year in college, but this is a no brainer for him. He is good at everything, including at school work! He’s a genius! Actually, he would have excelled two years up if he wants to. He just wants to be a normal guy, undergoing a normal school life…

“Are you sure you don’t need help?” Tiffany asked as she yawned. “Why am I even asking? I know you can do this on your own.”

“No. I’m almost done!” Seungri happily said as he does Ji’s 10-page assignment about the life of Mozart. He’s already on the fifth page. Even though he did it extra fast, it still has a very credible content. He’s just full of energy because 30 more minutes, and that will be his first huge step to stardom! Within just 10 minutes, he was able to finish Jiyong’s assignment without even feeling tired. He then grabs Tiffany’s hand and Tiffany was finally awakened.

“What? You’re done?! Oh my!! You’re too excited!” Tiffany said as she sat straight.

“Come on… we still need to go at the theatre for the auditions!” Seungri grinned as he chuckled in enthusiasm. He then grabbed his phone and texted.

RAT: Prince Ji. Your assignment’s done as promised! Can I prepare for the auditions now?

~*---*~

Jiyong is in the school’s theatre drinking coffee while watching the YG staff prepare the stage for the auditions. He suddenly receives the Rat’s text and he got shocked! This guy’s too intelligent! I have to think of something again to make him miss the auditions. He thought as he tries to find a way to make Seungri do something for him. He then texted…

PRINCE: Yeah. Sorry… I forgot to tell you that… I got detention! The principal is asking me to clean the guy’s bathroom from first to third floor. Oops. My bad… DO IT! YG’s gonna be late too, so I think you still have plenty of time to make the chores… I'll text you as soon as the audition starts so you can be here on time arasso?!

~*---*~

Seungri is happily singing. He is now in front of the bathroom mirror practicing his dance steps and facial expressions. He is prepared! He continued cleaning, scrubbing the sink, enjoying his singing as his voice echoes on all corners of the now sparkly clean 3rd floor bathroom. He then went downstairs and started cleaning the 2nd floor bathroom…

“Ri! Oppa!! Where the hell are you?!” Tiffany is yelling at the 2nd floor corridors. “The YG audition was already finished! I thought you can’t miss that?!”

“WHAAAAAT?!” Seungri said as the bathroom door swung open. Tiffany saw Seungri wearing gloves while scrubbing the rust under the sink. But when he heard what she said, he suddenly dropped the sponge and toothbrush from his hands! He is sweating like melting ice, and he now smells like pee too but he didn’t care how dirty the bathroom is as he knelt down and almost fainted. “What are you talking about?! Jiyong hyung said he’ll text me if YG is already here!”

“GOSH! YG already left the building! He left 15 minutes ago!!! I was looking for you for two long hours, but I couldn’t find you! You just went out of sight!! And why are you cleaning this eeky bathroom?! I can’t remember you being in detention!”

[End of Flashback]

“He cried like I crushed his dream. He found me at the cafeteria and punched me in the face but after that, the principal punished him… I’m close to the principal too – I’m his favourite. That’s why whenever someone tries to hurt me at school, even if it’s my fault… they’re the ones who get punished.” Jiyong said as Bom almost crushed the paper cup she was holding.

“What do you want me to say now, huh, Ji?! He cried like you crushed his dream?? You’re an assh*le! You really did crush the boy’s dream!!!” Bom said furiously. “Seungri’s my cousin! No matter what happens, I’ll be on his side! Even if it’s his fault, I’ll be standing by him because I’m his Noona!!! Grr! I know it already passed, but I’m still pissed right now! HOW COULD YOU?!”

“I was immature back then, Noona! Teenagers undergo to that kind of state! And honestly, I still think that he’ll be my competition. But now, we’re a family! We belong to the same company!! So don’t worry… I’ll make it up to all of you. I promise!” Jiyong said as he pleaded and pouted. “Jehbal! Help me with Seungri!!”

“It’s not my business anymore. It’s up to Seungri if he’ll be able to forgive you now or not… And let me remind you. Seungri is Dara’s most priceless possession! She loves him like her own son!!” Bom paused as she gulped and continued, “If Dara finds out about this before Seungri could even forgive you… your plans will stink as fart! No matter what you do, Dara won’t definitely forgive you!”

REACTION FORMATION – it is a medical term used by doctors and nurses to describe a kind of defense mechanism that a person does when he/she acts the opposite of what he/she feels.

That’s exactly what our Jiyongie did as soon as he saw Seungri’s talent way back when they were still teens.

~*---*~

I'm so sorry. i couldn't post more pics right now. I still have so many things to do today and I just sropped by here to update... so please forgive me. :( i'll make it up to all of you guys next time keys? ^-^*~

~*tabi3sj*~