LOVE'S TRAP

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 16: LOVE'S TRAP

[YOUNGBAE'S POV]

"Mr. Dong... please wake up now..." I was suddenly awakened as the nurse tapped my arm.

I opened my eyes...everything looked blurry. My left eye is covered with gauze for it was the affected side. I suddenly glanced at the window when I realized it was already morning!

'Oh ! Do I have a meeting with President YG today? Damn! I'm late...' I thought as I looked at the wall clock inside the room. I immediately reached for my phone, when I saw 1 new text message! It was from Dara!! I hurriedly opened my inbox and opened her text message:

D: Aww... that's so sweet of you! Thanks YB! btw, your note on my hanky actually made my problem lighter that day... gut bam! ^^

'Hold up... *headache* What did I just text her? Does the anaesthesia make me forget what happened earlier?' I thought as I scrolled down to read my first text:

YB: Hi Dara! This is Youngbae... Can we hang out sometime? When are you free? I just want to be your friend... :)

D: Hi YB! How about this Friday? It's my day off so that's my only available time... ^^

YB: Ok... Friday it is! So what do you want to do on that day? :)

D: I'm fine with whatever you are planning to do... ^^

YB: Ok... Let's think about that later. Anyway, I'm sorry for making you feel awkward earlier... I've been wanting to tell you that I'm the guy at the cafe... I just didn't have the chance. are you mad at me? :(

D: I don't think you're a bad person anyway... so everything's good. ^^

YB: Good. :) I'll text you later, arasso? I still feel sleepy so I think I'll sleep a lil bit more. Are you going home now? :)

D: No. My shift will be over at 7am so I'll still be here. Just text me when you wake up ok? ^^

YB: Ok. If ever I'm still asleep and your duty's over, just text me. I just want to know if you'll be able to go home safely... take care :)

'So that's why she responded that way... What time is it by the way? Oh! It’s still 6:47 am. Maybe she's still here...' I thought as I glanced at the time. I stood up and went outside the room.

"Youngbae-ah! Are you feeling okay now?" I suddenly saw Dara smiled and approached me... Even if I can only see with one eye today, I can still see her radiant beauty...

“Yeah. I'm feeling much better. Thanks for taking care of me Dara..." I smiled as she smiled back sweetly. Ughh.. her smile is perfect! She gives this bright aura that makes my heart beat crazy!

"That's so good to hear! *smiles* Well, do you want to grab a bite somewhere? I think I just saw a restaurant nearby, and my shift is almost over… so I was wondering if you want to eat breakfast with me..." Dara said as she fixed all the charts on the nurse's station and placed her things inside her bag.

"Okay..." I smiled. 'I'm late in our meeting anyway, so I might as well eat breakfast and just miss that... I know the President will understand.' I thought as I helped Dara with her things.

We walked outside the hospital and went to the fast food restaurant nearby. I don't know how to start a conversation with her so we reached the restaurant without even talking! Finally, we found a seat and Dara placed her things on the chair and ordered.

"Well, Tell me about you! *smile* Uhmm, how long have you been working in YG entertainment? I've heard the President's pretty strict with his talents and trainees!" Dara asked as she took a sip on the juice that she ordered.

"Well, I started training there 16 years ago… But I officially signed the contract 6 months ago. Ji helped me become a talent there." I replied as I stole a glance at her... 'She really looks like an angel. Every guy would surely feel lucky just being able to eat with her like this...' I thought as I heard her ask another question.

"Who's Ji?"

"Oh, I mean... G-Dragon! He's the one who helped me get promoted as a talent in YG.."  I blurted. I don't know why I'm acting like this... I know Ji is my friend. I just couldn't help myself but fall for her...

"Oh... Is that so? G-Dragon must really be a kind person, you know... despite his angst and arrogance..."

"Yes. Actually, he really is a very kind friend. Uhmmm... do you, by any chance... like him? I mean, every girl crushes on him!" I suddenly asked as I got curious if she likes Ji... Maybe if she doesn't like him, I would have a big chance on her...

"NO! O-Of course not! I don't fall for guys like that! I mean, yeah he's handsome and popular... b-but I don't like him. No!!! *shakes head* Not at all..."

"Well that's good! *grins* What about me?? Uhmm... err... Do you like me?" I really don't know why I said that!!! ! I hope she just didn't hear what I said... crap!! I'll just smile and pretend that I didn't say anything...

"Uhmmm... *giggle* actually, I've been searching for the mystery guy who gave me that note... I think it's really sweet! I just came from a bad relationship, but the way you made me feel... It actually erased all the pain I felt then..."

"So is it a yes?" I anxiously asked as she held my hand and went near me...

"Let's just put it this way..."

She leaned and went nearer... ‘I think she's planning to kiss me now. I don't care about how Jiyong will feel.. I'll just handle that later!. I just want to feel her lips... Let me just have a taste of her sweet kiss... I think I'm falling into her trap!!! I... I think I love you Dara... I love you!' I thought as I closed my eyes and anticipated her lips......................

"WHAT???? Did you just say you love me??"

"Huh?"

"I said... Did you just say that you love me??? Dude! I told you not to fall for me!!"

I panicked!!!!! She's weird! I thought she will be kissing me by now?! But she suddenly got mad and said I should not be falling for her... And did she just call me 'dude'?!?!! What the!!!

I now opened my eyes... Everything looked blurry. My left eye is still covered with gauze for it was the affected side. I suddenly looked at the window......

....and saw the nurse who was with Dara earlier…

"No! *chuckles* No I was just kidding! You just looked so funny. *laughs* You pouted when I arrived and suddenly said that you love me!! So I’ve decided to just ‘go with the flow’! Hahahaha... Good evening! I'm nurse Gummy... You should sleep some more. The anaesthesia is still in your system. But it’ll be gone before you know it..."

"Well, how long am I asleep?" I asked nurse Gummy as I scratched my head. I could not believe what just happened!! I still feel dazed!

"Uhmmm... about 20 minutes ago, after the operation was done. Well, I have to get back there now. Dara went home early. So I'm the one in charge with the entire hall."

'DAMN! That was just a dream??? I thought I will be able to kiss her!!! Urghhh....' I thought as I checked my phone and closed my eyes once more, hoping to continue my dream...