THE SCHOOL GIRL AND THE MYSTERY GUY

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 7: THE SCHOOL GIRL AND THE MYSTERY GUY

 

“What do you think, huh? Is this cute?” CL said as she widely smiled, making her eyes smile too! She twirled around, trying out a pair of black leather pants with studs on the side and a biker jacket that matches it…

“Oh, that’s cute!!! You look like a hot, rocker-chick!!! Right, Dara..?” Bom expressed an aegyo as she saw CL’s outfit. She then noticed Dara staring blankly at the ceiling of the mall.. “How about you Ssan-tokki? There’s only 1 day left until the concert! We should make you the hottest chick there!!!”

“I don’t feel like fitting dresses right now… I’m kind’a worried about my future you know!! I’ve just realized, I should try passing an application letter to every hospital in Korea, instead of being here at the mall! Ow-My-Ghaaad! I’m already 27 and still, no work!!! ~sigh* I feel useless..” Dara blurted and bit her nails as she drowned herself with her thoughts of being jobless..

“Aigoo! Well, just think about that when the concert’s over, arasso? But first, let’s have fun!” CL smiled as she pushed Dara inside the dressing room. “I promise you, after this concert, we will help you get a job! But you have to try this first! I know this will look good on you! *chuckle* we’ll wait for you outside, and look for some other good stuff that you might like, okay?”

“B-but—but…”

“NO MORE BUTS CUZ!!! Just do as we say!!” Bom pouted, as she raised an eyebrow at Dara.

CL went to the accessories, while Bom looked for another blouse that Dara might like. As she reached for a white blazer on the clothing rack, another girl’s hand grabbed the blazer as well! Bom glanced at her and found her face familiar. She smiled at the girl and asked, “Excuse me... but, I think I know you.. Do you want this, anyway?” She smiled at the girl, who happened to smile back as Bom handed the blazer to her.

 

“Ani.. It’s fine. You can have it.” The girl smiled and bowed to Bom as she continued, “Anyway, *giggle* actually, I’m the girl who works at the café! Annyeong unni, my name is Minji!” The cute girl said as she shook Bom’s hand. CL on the other hand, with a bunch of accessories on her arms, hurried towards their direction..

“Oh yeah! I remember her!! She’s the one who delivered us the drink from Dara’s ‘mystery-guy’!!!” CL butted in, giving an excited grin to the girl!

“Hi Minji! *smile* I’m Bom, and this is my friend, CL” Bom said, as CL offered a handshake.

“So you’re still studying?” CL asked as she noticed Minji is wearing a school uniform.

“Deh, Unni… my class was over a while ago and it’s my day-off at the café so--..”

“Heeeeeey! Have you forgotten? I’M STILL HERE! And I look ridiculous, *pout* so try not to laugh!!” Dara assumed, as she went outside the fitting room, wearing an animal printed blouse, with a white ¾ blazer and a red leather skirt…

“~Omo! *jaw drop* Unni! YOU LOOK SOO… BEA-U-TIFUL!!” Minji’s small eyes grew bigger as she encountered Dara’s radiating beauty…

“Awww… now I’m jealous!! *pout*. How come, whatever you wear suits you perfectly, every-single-time!!!” Bom said, as she let out a cute laugh.

“No! I don’t think I look good on this!! See? I look, err… pathetic!!!” Dara muttered, as she glanced at herself in the mirror.

“Don’t be silly, dear! You look PERFECT! Do you agree Minji?” CL said as she hugged Dara’s shoulders from the back. Dara then remembered that the girls didn’t bother to introduce her to Minji.

“You guys!! You forgot to introduce me to Minji! *wink* Hi there Minji!” Dara said as she smiled at Minji. “You’re so cute! Anyway, I’m Dara…”

“Annyeong, Dara unni! Did anyone ever tell you that you look like a CF model!? You’re very pretty!” Minji’s eyes disappeared; only slits can now be seen, (shaped like a rainbow) as she smiled.

“Thanks! *blush* but I don’t usually wear these kinds of clothes.” Dara let out an angelic smile as she laughed at herself because she finds her outfit very different from her personality..

“Ani! You look stunning!! Uhmm.. I’m sorry unni, but I think I have to go now. I still have to meet up with a classmate but, nice meeting you!” Minji smiled as she heard her phone beeped. She read the text message and waved at the three girls.

“Okay, Minji. See you at the café! Be safe, arasso?” Dara smiled as the other three girls waved back at Minji.

 Minji was just 5 clothing racks away from where the girls are, when they suddenly heard a familiar voice shouting, “Lady Prez!! ~whew* There you are!! *gasp* I thought I wouldn’t be able to find you here! Whe--“

“S-SEUNGRI??? Wow! What a small world it is..” Bom’s eyes narrowed, looking confused as they saw Dara’s brother approaching Minji.

“NOONA!? You’re here as well???” Seungri asked as he scratched his head. “Uhmm, this is Minji by the way. She’s 2 years younger than me but she’s already the president of our school campus ever since she started studying there!”

“Yeah. We know her already panda boy!!”  Bom answered as she rolled her eyes at Seungri.

“Huh? Since when?!” Seungri sounded surprised! “Minji!! You never told me that you already know them?!”

“Uh... she wor---…” Bom tried to tell Seungri that they met Minji at the coffee shop but she got cut off….

“Yeah! Actually, I met them a while ago! H-Here… just here, at the mall!!” Minji blurted out as she tried to look away from the girls and suddenly changed the topic… “Well? Did you bring it?”

The girls looked at each other but decided not to talk---seems like the three of them quite understood that Minji is hiding something…

 “Oh, yeah! Here… I even went home just to get that!!” Seungri said as he handed Minji his portable disco ball. “Minji, can we just, start the dance practice tomorrow? I’m kinda tired… and you seem to enjoy my sister’s company anyway… So let’s just hang out with them instead. Is that okay?” Seungri suggested to Minji who happens to blush as she nodded.

“So, Noona! What’s up?! What seems to be your business here?!”

“~HUL!! We should be asking you that question! Well, we happen to be doing your sister’s make over here! A-And you??? Aren’t you supposed to be at your class right now?? Did you cut classes AGAIN???” Bom pouted as her eyes narrowed at Seungri.

“We got an early dismissal, okay? Don’t treat me like that!! I’M NOT A KID ANYMORE, REMEMBER!?” Seungri tilted his chin and raised his eyebrows as he acted cool in front of the girls.

“YAH! That’s not the right way to treat you’re Noona.!” CL suddenly felt the heat just reached her head as soon as she heard Seungri’s voice! It looks like… a thunder bolt will form whenever their eyes meet!

“And who must this pretty girl be? Hi there, gorgeous!” Seungri smirked as he blinked at CL, trying to .

“~eeeeew! Stop hitting on her in front of us!!! She’s my friend, CL!” Dara felt the goose bumps as she pouted.

“So, CL huh? What does the C and the L stand for? For me it stands for… my CUTE LOVE!! *wink* Get it?? Hahahaha!!” Seungri laughed as he kept on flirting at CL…

“MY GHAAAAD! WILL-YOU-JUST-STOP-DOING-THAT, SUNGRI-AH!!?! YOU’RE SO CORNY!!!” Bom slapped Seungri’s shoulder so many times that he couldn’t feel anything anymore, but Seungri kept on smirking!

“Maybe you guys are just hungry! C’mon… we’ll pay for this first, then let’s all just hang out and grab something to eat!” CL said, as she tried to hide her face hoping for the others not to notice her blush…

They all went to the cashier to pay for Dara’s clothes. Bom and Seungri kept on teasing each other, while CL and Minji are laughing at their cuteness. They all roamed around to look for a good place to eat, and decided to just eat at a restaurant nearby because they all felt tired of walking. They were already inside when something popped out of CL’s mind as the others were trying to look if there were still seats....

“Uhmm… Minji, Can I ask you something? If you don’t mind… I was just curious; do you know the name of the ‘mystery-guy’ who gave Dara a drink the other night?” CL covered the menu at Minji and her face as she whispered, while the others were busy ordering food.

“Uhmm, actually unni, as I remember… there we’re two guys sitting on that table. But, the one who ordered the drink and asked me the favour, I think his name was… Youngbae.”

“Young-bae??” CL whispered, making sure that she pronounced it correctly and heard the name right…

“Deh, unni… Youngbae!” Minkki whispered to CL who now looked delighted at what she just discovered…