THE BEGINNING OF AN END

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 1: THE BEGINNING OF AN END

 
[DARA’S POV]
 
“Don’t do this…. Please!!! Y-You know how much I love you!!! I love you more than her…….. So please…. Please don’t leave me…. Don’t leave me babe…!”  I tried to control my tears as soon as I heard the man on the line, pleading….
 
“I’m sorry… I couldn’t take this anymore… I know how much you love me…. B-but…., you couldn’t leave her as well… I know you tried… b-but still…, you came back for her…” I took a deep breath, gulped the beer I was holding and continued…. “I’m just helping you… Y-You couldn’t choose between us… So,… I’ve decided to leave... What choice do I have?!”
 
He now cried as he pleaded, “One… more… chance…. Please…. One last chance…. And I’ll make EVERYTHING right… I COULDN’T LIVE WITHOUT YOU….. You know that....!”
 
“I’ve already given you the chance you wanted… B-but you still came back for her… I couldn’t find a good reason to give you another chance anymore…”  I’m trying to sound as calm as possible… but a tear already escaped my now dying heart….
 
“Don’t you love me anymore?! How could you say those things to me…? How could you let our love be thrown away…
just like that?”
 
My heart is telling me to forgive him…, to give him another chance… I still want to feel his arms wrapped around me…, his lips locked into mine… But I couldn’t forgive myself if I let this happen to me…. Again.
 
“I’m really sorry… Please try to understand… I’ve been into this situation before… I won’t let myself go through this again…”
 
“NO! I’m not breaking up with you… I’M NOT LETTING YOU GO! DO YOU HEAR ME…?! I LOVE YOU, OKAY!!! I LOVE YOU… YOU WILL NOT LEAVE ME… DO YOU UNDERSTAND???? …..PLEASE NO!!!!! DON’T DO THIS TO ME!!”
 
“I’m sorry…”
 
But before he could say another word…, I already hung up…
 
I once more reached for my phone and dialled his number…. ‘No… don’t do this Dara… it’ll only add to the pain you’re feeling right now…’ I thought to myself…
 
I want to cry…, cry until every ounce of pain is gone,... until I feel tired...... Until my own eyes would give up on me.... but I couldn’t… It’s like, my eyes ran out of tears already…, I can’t cry anymore tears.
 
‘This is too painful for me… I want to kill myself… I want to die right now... Why does this keep on happening to ME…!?!!  How could a girl like me be in the same situation…., over and over again….? What did I do wrong to deserve being treated like this..?! Do I really deserve this kind of pain…..?’. Questions started running through my head. I couldn’t control it now…, I think I’m already losing it….
 
I went downstairs..., looking for something to end this crappy life of mine… Finally, I reached the kitchen, grabbed another beer and the sharpest knife I could find…, and…….
 
‘This is it… if I don’t end this now…, I will only prolong the pain… I feel like dying anyways… so what’s the sense of keeping this life…?!’
 
With my body now sweating…, my throat drenched in alcohol…, I held the knife tight… and raised it with trembling hands, aiming to stab it straight to my heart…
 
“NOONA….. DON’T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I fell on the ground as I heard my brother screamed…
 
~SLAAAPP!
 
He spanked me…, hoping to get myself back together…
 
“I’m still here Noona… Please... Please don’t forget me...... Please don’t leave me here... Don’t forget that I love you…”