12 - Eomma Gyu

The Men Of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days after you visited 'hell', Sunggyu saw something strange about you. He felt guilty for bringing you over to the orphanage. You've been zoning out quite a lot, and you've become less cheerful and talkative. 

He sighed as he placed his spoon on the table. You look up at him and leaned closer. "What's wrong, oppa? Are you sick?" He sighed again and looked at you. "What's wrong with me? How about you? What's wrong with you?"

You tilted your head sideways and frowned. "What about me?"

"Look, Sungmi-ah, it's oppa's fault. I'm really sorry for bringing you there. How stupid must I be? I miss my cheerful, bright and nosy sister. Oh, don't forget loud and whiny."

you smiled and got up from your seat. you hugged him and pinched his cheeks. "Ever since we went there, you've been different, Sungmi-ah. I'm sorry." 

"Aigoo, grandpa Sunggyu is getting all dramatic. I've just been stressed out in school, oppa. Exams are coming, so I'm studying hard! I want you to treat me pizza this time!"

You pulled away and went back to your seat. He chuckled, "Oh no. You'll be my slave again!" He smiled cheekily at you. You pouted and rolled your eyes at him. "You'll be my slave, oppa. WATCH. OUT." he chuckled and pinched your nose.

 

~~~

 

"Hey Sungmi-ah, you don't look good. Are you okay?" Jaein asked as she sat down beside you. "I think you should cut down on your workload." you shook your head and smiled. "I need to buy that guitar for oppa. I can do this!" you pumped your fist in the air and grinned. You sat up when the teacher arrived.

 

 

You groaned as the bell rang loudly. "Sungmi-ah, the restaurant is closed today for inspections. You can go home early today." Jaein smiled as she patted your head. "See you tomorrow!" you smiled and waved at her.

"Sungmi-ah, are you going home? Seems like you have no tutoring sessions today." Myungsoo asked as he sat beside you. "Oh? Oh yea. But I have to go to the library today. I need to do something. You go ahead." He scoffed and ruffled your head. "Trying hard to beat me. Dream on, dork." he chuckled as he waved at you. 

You stuck your tongue out to him, then chuckled and waved. you sighed and got your bags. you felt so tired, but thinking about that guitar for your brother gave you strength. you smiled and went out of the classroom. Jaeyeon suddenly grabbed your wrist and pushed you to the wall. "Yah. I told you to stay away from Myungsoo!"

"For the last time, I am not going out with him! He's all yours for all I care, Jaeyeon." she scoffed and suddenly slapped you. "Really? Then why is he so close with you all the time? And you're so clingy to him!" you closed your eyes and sighed. dealing with a girl like Jaeyeon is one of the most, if not the most, difficult thing to do.

"Jaeyeon, we're friends and..." she cut you off again with a slap. "Liar! That's what you said! But what you do is different! I'm warning you...." she grabbed your collar and pushed you to the floor. she walked away after giving you a glare.

you closed your eyes and sighed. then there it is again, that painful feeling. you held your chest and sat up. looks like you have to visit another place for the day.

 

~~~

 

"Ms. Kim Sungmi?" the nurse called your name, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter