Chunji's Past

My roomate is a GIRL?!

Once you've arrived in class, you went to tell Changjo the good news.

"Changjo! I have something to tell you!" you excitedly called Changjo who was in the class to come out with you. He got up from his seat and went to you.

"What is it? You seem so hyper today." Changjo said and chuckled.

"Rokhyun oppa is opening up to me now. He's already accepted me as his sister." you whispered to him happily.

"Woah. Congratulation!" Changjo grinned.

"Thank you for all your helps and always be there for me." you smiled at him.

"No problem." he smiled back.

You chuckled "Let's go back to class!" you said and entered the class with him.

 

Ljoe's P.O.V

We came early today and I was sitting in class with Chunji. I was bored, so I turned to look at Chunji. He was staring outside and furrowed his brows. I followed his gaze and I saw Changjo and ------ was talking and laughing.

"Jealous, huh?" I smirked.

"What are you talking about?" he looked away and pretended to open his book. He still kept stealing glance at them.

"Eh? We're not on this chapter." I said as I glanced at the page Chunji's at.

"Oh? I just want to check back." he said as he looked at the book again.

"Admit it. You're jealous of them." I teased.

"Why would I?" he said, still keep his gaze on the book.

"Because you like ------." I whispered and grinned.

"Shut up! I don't." he glared me.

"I was just kidding. Duh! Why so serious~" I sang G-dragon's crayon. He glared me again. hahaha. It's really fun teasing him.

---

After school you went to Ljoe's room. You knocked on the door.

"------? Why are you here?" Ljoe asked and let you in.

"I want to ask you about something."

He lead you to sit beside him on his bed.

"What is it?" Ljoe asked.

"It's about Chunji. I think you're really close to him. So... do you know what happened between Chunji and his mother?" you asked curiously.

"W-why do you want to know?" Ljoe asked back.

"I think there's something wrong with them and I want to help him since he'd helped me a lot." you replied sincerely.

"I don't know if I should tell you." Ljoe sighed. "You know what? If you talk to him about this, you get to his bad side and I guess you don't want to see that."

"I've seen it. That's why I want to help him. He looked scary at that time, but I saw a tint of sadness in his eyes." you said, thinking about when Chunji yelled at you.

Ljoe's jaw dropped in surprise. "Well, then. If you really want to know, I'll tell you." he said with a smile.

"When Chunji was 8 years old..." Ljoe trailed when he remembered the scene which happened 12 years ago.

~flashback~

Ljoe went to visit Chunji's house, but he heard loud noises and the door was opened. So, he decided to walk inside. He saw Chunji's parents were arguing and Chunji was hugging his 2 years old sister at the corner, scared. His sister was crying. Ljoe wanted to approach him, but he was scared too. So, he decided to hide and watch everything.

"Let's divorce!" Chunji's mom yelled.

"You really want to divorce that much, huh?" his dad yelled back.

"Yes, I do. I'm really tired of you. You're so selfish. You never care about me." she yelled.

"Then what about our children? What will happen to them if we divorce?" He argued back.

"I'll take Chaerin and you take Chanhee."

Then Chunji ran toward his mom, tears welled up in his eyes.

"Umma! I wanna go with you too." he cried and tugged his mother shirt.

"No, Chanhee! You have to stay with your appa." she said strictly.

"You know that appa never spend time with us, but why do you still want me to stay with him? Don't you love me?"

"Chanhee! Come here!" Chunji's dad called him.

"Aniya! I want to stay with umma." he shook his head and hugged his mother's leg.

"Chanhee, go to your appa. I'm leaving." she said and went to take Chaerin then left.

"Umma, are you really leaving me?" Chunji ran after his mother but his mother didn't even look back.

"Chanhee, just let her be." Chunji's dad said and went to his room, leaving Chunji crying and hugging his knees alone. Ljoe decided to approach Chunji. He sat beside Chunji and patted his back.

"L-Ljoe?" he choked on his tears.

"Neh. I saw everything, I feel sorry for you." Ljoe said and hugged Chunji in comfort.

"My appa, all he care about was his work. He never spend time with us. I have only umma and my little sister, but now they're leaving me. My umma doesn't even need me anymore." he said and sobbed lightly. Ljoe didn't know what to say and just patted Chunji's back until he stopped crying.

"Gomawo, Ljoe ah and please don't tell anyone about this." Chunji said once he stopped crying.

"Neh. I promise."

"I hate my umma. She abandoned me." he mumbled with a hurtful tone.

~end of flashback~

"After that Chunji had become gloomy for a few weeks, TEEN TOP & 100% noticed that but whenever they asked, Chunji would said it was nothing coldly. It took him quite a while to get back to his normal self, but whenever he was reminded of his mother, he will become cold again. That's why no one even dare to talk about his mom in front of him including me. I really want to help him, but I think it's impossible if he wouldn't even want to see his mom anymore. And I don't even know if his mom leave him for his own good or something. For my point of view, Chunji's mom might want Chunji to inherit his father's business since he's the only son." Ljoe explained and you nodded.
"I didn't know Chunji has such a dark past." you murmured.

"Yeah. But he was strong enough to still smile and move on with his life. Because like I mention about, his father never care about him. He only has his mom. When she left, he only depended on himself. I'm really envy of him." Ljoe said.

"I'm sorry to make you breaking your promise with Chunji." you looked down.

"It's okay. I think it'll be good if I tell you too. Maybe you can help him. I guess he should give his mom a chance to explain." Ljoe said.

"Gomawo. I'll try to talk to him about this."

"Yep and just call me if you need any help." Ljoe said with smile. You responsed back and nodded.

"I'll be going now." you said and waved goodbye to him.

I hope ------ can help to clear Chunji's hurtful memory. Ljoe thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------