Chapter 21

My roomate is a GIRL?!

Rokhyun's P.O.V

After the talk at the gym

What is all this? I have a sister? For real? But maybe she's right, because she's 3 years younger than me. And my parents left me when I was 2 years old.

~flashback~

I was 2 years old and my parents took me to my grandparents' house.

"Rokhyun ah~ You have to stay with your grandparents for a while, arasso?" my mom said.

"Waeyo?" I asked.

"We've got some work to do. We'll be back." she said as she patted my head.

"B-but I wanna go too. I promise I'll be a good kid." I said as tears welled up in my eyes. I'm only 2 years old. I still need my parents.

"Honey~ We gotta leave now or we'll miss the plane." my dad said. My mom stood up and made her way out, but I ran after her.

"Umma! Appa! Don't leave me." I called, but they just took a glance at me and kept walking. I continued to run after them, but I tripped and fell. My right knee was bleeding a lot. I cried out loud, I saw my mom turn to look back at me. But then my grandmother approached me, so they just left. She took me back home and cleaned my wound.

"Halmoni~ Did my parents abandon me?" I asked while crying.

"Aniya. They'll be back. Don't worry." she said as she patted my back.

 

It's been 4 years and I'm starting to lose hope that my parents would come back. I just went back from school and I saw the door was already opened.

"Halmoni? Harabuji?" I called as I entered the house. I saw broken window and glasses. So, I rushed to the living room and I saw my grandparents were laying there cover with blood.

"Halmoni? Harabuji?" I shook them and cried. But it seems like they're dead. I ran to my neighbor's house and asked for help. They help to prepare a funeral for my grandparents. Then they said that they can't take care of me, so they have to take me to the orphanage. I didn't want to stay in the orphanage, so I ran away from them. I didn't know where to go, so I sat near the street crying becuase of hungryness. Then there was a family who walked pass me. The man bent down and talked to me.

"Hey, little kid! Why are you crying here alone?"

"I don't want to go to the orphanage." I answered and continued to cry. Then I saw my neighbor, so I started to run again.

"Excuse me? Can you help me catch him?" my neighbor asked that man. Finally, they could catch me. I kept crying and yelling that I didn't want to go to the orphanage. They talked and then the man that I met went to talk to me. I took a step back, scared of him.

"Hey, don't be scared. We'll take care of you from now on. You don't need to go to the orphanage." he said.

"But my parents will come to find me!"

"If they came to find you, he'll tell them that you're with me." he said, so I agreed to go with him.

He was Chanyong's father. I was lucky that the whole family were really nice to me. They treated me like a part of their family. But my parents, they never come back. It's been years already. I was tired of waiting for them. Maybe they really abandoned me.

~end of flashback~

Tears flowed down my cheeks as those hurtful memories came to mind again. I wonder how I still manage to keep this necklace. I thought while holding the necklace. It was the necklace that my parents gave me before we went to my grandparents' house.

 

The next day

No one's P.O.V

After the dinner with TEEN TOP, you felt a lot better. You went back to school again. During break time, you'd always try to find Rokhyun. But it seems like he's been avoiding you. You became depressed again.

 

Lunch break

Usually, you had lunch with TEEN TOP. But today, you said that you're not hungry and you went to the rooftop alone. After finished lunch, Changjo quickly went to the rooftop after you. Chunji went somewhere else.

"Eh? What's wrong with them?" Ricky asked.

"Mollayo." Ljoe replied, but actually he knew what happen. As a friend, he was worried about you too. But he believed that Changjo and Chunji will take a good care of you.

 

On the rooftop

You were sitting and leaning against the wall hugging your knees. Then you heard footsteps. You looked up and saw Changjo. You forced a smile at him.

"Why aren't you eating?" Changjo asked as he sat down beside you.

"I'm not hungry."

"Don't do this. You'll get sick. Here! I bought a sandwich for you." Changjo said and handed you the sandwich.

"Gomawo. But I'm really not hungry." you said and forced another smile at him, assuring that you're fine.

"Stop forcing your smile. I don't like it. I only like your real smile. Just cry your heart out if you want to. Don't just keep it all alone." Changjo said, looked at you in the eyes. You wanted to cry your heart out too, but you felt embarassed to cry in front of Changjo. But it seems like he could read your mind.

"Don't be embarassed. I'm your bestfriend, I'll always be there for you." he said and gave you a heart-warming smile. You trusted him and you decided to let out your feeling and cried.

"The only family member I have left is my brother. But it seems like he doesn't need me. What should I do?" you said while tears fell down your cheek. Changjo hugged you and patted your back in comfort.

"I came all the way here to Seoul and entered this school just to find him. But if he doesn't need me, should I just leave? Give up everything here and went back to my homeland?" you sobbed in his chest.

"Don't say that. You still have us. We'll try our best to help you."

"I have no hope anymore, after what he said. He said he doesn't need me and he even avoids me now."

"Don't worry. Things will be better soon." he whispered.

After a while, you felt better and stopped crying. Changjo's shirt was stained with your tears.

"Sorry. I stained your shirt."

"It's okay. So, do you want to go to class or just stay here?"

"Do my eyes look puffy?" you asked.

"Yes, it is." he chuckled.

"Then I'll stay here."

"Arasso."

"What about you? Aren't you going to class?" you asked back.

"Ani." he replied.

"Why? You don't have to skip class for me. I'm fine now."

"I want to stay. Now eat!" he said and offered you the sandwich. You accepted it and eat.

Then it was silence, but it isn't awkward. You just don't feel like talking. After a while, you fell asleep. Changjo noticed that and let your head rested on his shoulder.

 

Chunji, on the other hand, was looking for Rokhyun.

"Hyung, we need to talk." he said as he approached Rokhyun.

"What now?" he asked coldly.

"Come on! Let's go somewhere quiet." Chunji successfully dragged Rokhyun to somewhere quiet and talked.

"Hyung, why didn't you listen until ------ finish what she said?" Chunji asked.

"I just can't, Chunji ah. You don't understand."

"Hyung, she didn't know anything. It's her parents that did everything. Why don't you give her a chance?" Chunji said and Rokhyun became quiet. Chunji's right. She was born after my parents abandoned me, she didn't know anything. And she even disguised as a boy just to find me. Rokhyun thought and sighed.

"Arasso. I'll give her a chance. Tell her to meet me at the gym again this evening." Rokhyun said.

Chunji smiled happily and hugged Rokhyun tightly. "Gomawo, hyung!"

"Yah! I can't breathe!" Rokhyun said and Chunji started to release him.

"Oops. Mianhae." he said and scratched his head awkwardly.

"Why are you so happy? It isn't even your problem." Rokhyun raised his brow. Chunji looked away, tried to avoid eye-contact.

"Hmm... I better get going now. Bye, hyung." he said and quickly left.

"Aish! This boy."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm not good at making sad scene (Rokhyun's past and the part where you cried your heart out), I hope it's not lame. Tell me if it is, I'll try to improve. Thanks for comments and subscribe. I always love reading your comments. :)