Back to Work

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight snuck onto Heeyoung's bed, making her flinch in annoyance. Heeyoung groaned, turning and tossing in her bed to hide from the sunlight that continued to irritate her.

Heeyoung gritted her teeth, using her pillow to cover her face.

"Babe, wake up." Baekhyun lightly shook, sounding tired. "No," Heeyoung grumbled, turning her back facing her boyfriend. " Her boyfriend sighed, encircling his arms around her waist. "You have to. The sun is already burning at your !" Baekhyun whispered, biting your earlobe.

"Baekhyun, stop it. I want to sleep." Heeyoung whined, pushing his head away. "Wake up." Baekhyun said, planting a kiss on the back of her neck. "Stop it Baek, you go to sleep too." Heeyoung muttered.

"Pretty, wake up." Baekhyun insisted. Movements of tossing and turning from the bed above were heard. "Keep it down you two. I only slept for three hours." Chanyeol hissed, a voice filled with fatigue.

"Get this baby to wake up and you may go back to sleep." Baekhyun said, gently shaking his girlfriend.

"Heeyoung-ah. Heeyoung-ahhhh." Chanyeol called. He then repeated a few times with increasing volume. Baekhyun joined in together with his buddy, whispering into his girlfriends ear and tackling her with pokes.

It seemed that Chanyeol and Baekhyun had won, having seen Heeyoung groaning and sitting up with a scrunched up face.

"Thanks, Yeol." Baekhyun chuckled, letting his fingers run through his girlfriends' hair. There was no reply from Chanyeol as he simply went back to sleep.

"Are you happy, that I'm awake?" Heeyoung hissed as she scratched her head in irritation. "Yes, very." he answered, kissing the tip of her nose. Heeyoung felt her morning anger dissolve away as a smile replace her frown on the face.

"Good morning, Baek." Heeyoung greeted, throwing her boyfriend a hug on the bed. "Good morning, my love." Baekhyun greeted, returning her the hug.

"Go wash up and we'll go to your house." Baekhyun urged. "Sounds like a good idea." Heeyoung beamed. "I'll be down in a moment." Heeyoung said, giving a peck on Baekhyun's cheek before heading to her old room.

A wide smile surfaced on Baekhyun's face, reminding him how lucky he was to be able to spend quality time with Heeyoung despite his schedules. He quickly went for a shower and changed into a new set of clothes before heading downstairs.

"Ready?" Baekhyun asked as he head down, looking at his beloved. "Yep. Where's the others?" Heeyoung nodded, looking around. "Probably sleeping or still in the practice room." Baekhyun answered, opening the door to the connected pathway towards Heeyoung's house.

"Let's go." Baekhyun urged, locking the door. "It's a good thing that Uncle had requested for a pathway or else it will be troublesome for you to come over each time." Heeyoung said, holding hands with Baekhyun. "Your Uncle is smart." Baekhyun answered, checking his phone for updates.

"And we are here!" Heeyoung announced, throwing her shoes on the doorstep and running into the house. "Aren't you lonely?" Baekhyun asked, still exploring at the interior of the house. "I guess so. It's so spacious and I hardly have anything else to put except for those." Heeyoung replied, pointing to the furniture that her Uncle had bought for her.

"Why don't you invite your mom to stay here too? The both of you can take care of each other." Baekhyun suggested. "It's a good idea, I shall ask my mom about it later in the afternoon." Heeyoung agreed.

"Let's make breakfast. I'm starving already." Baekhyun rubbed his empty stomach that seemed to growl too loudly, making Heeyoung burst out in laughter. "Yah, you do not laugh at your boyfriend's weird action but you cook for him to solve his problems." Baekhyun teasingly wagged a finger at her.

"Sure sure, let's have scrambled eggs and salad for breakfast." Heeyoung said, walking to the fridge as she retrieved the bowl of salad.

"For god's sake babe, I'm not on a diet." Baekhyun reminded. "You still have to go out for breakfast with EXO later on." Heeyoung explained. "Not them again! The food they feast on always make me fat!" Baekhyun grumbled. "Now you sound like a girl, Baek." Heeyoung chuckled.

"And my baby girl still loves me." Baekhyun grinned. "Yes yes. Even if you whine like a girl and grow fat and chubby like a bun, I'll still love you." Heeyoung agreed, beating the eggs.

"Did I mention how much I love you?" Baekhyun added, munching on the biscuits stored in the jars. "Did I mention how much I like all the biscuits and that I'm not fond of others eating that?" Heeyoung asked.

"Yah!" Baekhyun exclaimed, giving her a pointed look. Heeyoung chuckled as she replied, "Just kidding. Come on, let's eat."  

Just when Baekhyun was about to have his first bite of the scrambled eggs, his phone rang.

"Get the phone, I'll get you coffee." Heeyoung said, moving next to the kitchen counter. Baekhyun sighed as he took out his phone from his backpocket. His eyes peered at the caller ID.

He almost choked on his saliva as he hurriedly answered the call. "Yah! Byun Baek! Where are you?!" the caller over the phone yelled into the phone.

"I'm having breakfast outside." Baekhyun replied hesitantly. "Outside? You must be at Heeyoung's house!" the caller claimed. 

Silence caved in between the line as Baekhyun widened his eyes in horror.

"You're so dead! How dare you go on a date when all of us are heading to the company now?! I'm going to tell Luhan hyung!" the caller scolded.

"Yah yah yah Park Chanyeol! Don't you dare!" Baekhyun swallowed. "Too bad, Luhan hyung already heard!" Chanyeol laughed. "Fine! I'm heading back right now!" Baekhyun exclaimed loudly as he left the seat.

Heeyoung pursed her lips in disapproval, "You're heading back so soon?" 

"Those guys who are pitifully still single are calling for me." Baekhyun nodded. He moved closer and kissed Heeyoung's forehead, "Sorry babe. Can't stay till we finish breakfast." 

"It's alright. Here, bring the coffee back with you." Heeyoung said, handing him a Starbucks tumbler cup.

"Thanks, see you. Love you." Baekhyun grinned, waving goodbye with the tumbler he had on his hands. "Love you." Heeyoung waved as she see him out of the house. When she returned, what accompanied her was a frown on her face. 

"I'll just eat them all up and pay mom a visit later on." Heeyoung blew a raspberry as she poked the eggs.

-

Heeyoung took a deep breath as she pushed the glass doors that separated the office from the outside world. She strutted to the lobby as many workers recognized her as the heir of the company.

She entered the lift, expecting the other employees to fill in the empty spaces remained. Her brows raised in amusement as none of them dared to step into the lift. "Get in?" she asked as her hands pressed the lift button to the highest level of the building.  The employees bowed in return, refusing to speak of any word as the lift door shuts it close.

Heeyoung impatiently tapped her feet as the lift travels upwards. The lift stopped traveling and opened. Heeyoung rolled her eyes and sighed, 'Finally.' as she stepped out of the lift.

Heeyoung walked into a spacious room located at the middle of the hallway. "Mom!" Heeyoung greeted with smiley eyes, walking to the desk beside the wooden door. "What brings you here?" ChunMi smiled as she welcomed her daughter.

"Mom, Uncle bought me a house beside EXO's dorm and I want you to move in with me." Heeyoung revealed. "What nonsense! I can't move out!" she snapped at Heeyoung as a frown surfaced on her face.

"Why mom? Baekhyun said that it would be great for both us because we can look aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter