Surprise?!

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-BAEKHYUN POV-

As soon as Heeyoung got off, Kai unfastens his seatbelt and went with her.

"Hyung. Go back first, I'll follow her and make sure nothing goes wrong." Kai said

"Alright. Be careful." Kris answered, stopping the van once again.

"I will," Kai assured.

Soon after travelling for miles, I couldn't take it.

"Hyung, stop the van please. I'll-"

"Arasseo, get off now. You won't be able to catch up with her at this rate." Kris said.

"I'll call you when I've found her."

"Okay."

I closed the door hurriedly and ran off to find Heeyoung. 

-KAI POV-

Now I have alighted from the van, I can conclude that I really like Heeyoung. I need to tell her how I feel. I can't wait.

After the van drove off, I ran to the direction where Heeyoung was heading.

Heeyoung was a quick runner though. It took me minutes to find her. 

She was standing near a river when I found her. Her shoulders are trembling. The rain came at the wrong timing.

"Heeyoung ah, don't be drenched in the rain. You may fall sick." I hold her shoulders.

Heeyoung turned to face me and started crying.

I rubbed away her tears as it mixed with the raindrops.

The raindrops and her tears become one. Seeing her cry makes my heart throb. I wanted to comfort her, but I have no idea how.

She suddenly hugged me.

She buried her face in my chest. She kept sobbing. I hugged her back and soothed her. 

"Cry all you want now. Let out all your sorrows. Don't worry too much about your mother. Your mother wouldn't want you to be sad because of her." words came out of my mouth naturally.

"But why? Why did she hide her illness from me? Why?" she sobbed harder.

"Why don't you ask her when she wakes up? Surely she'll tell you."

"But the problem is no one know when she'll wake up! What I'll do without her?"

"Heeyoung, don't think too much. Now, look at my eyes."

Heeyoung raised her head to look at me.

"No matter what's going to be happening in the future, no worry, I'll be always here for you. You can tell me everything." I said while rubbing her tears away.

"Really?"

"Yes, I mean it. I'll love you no matter what happens." I replied, brushing her hair tenderly.

"What? What did you just say?" she pulled away.

I sigh and braced myself. I have to confess to Heeyoung now. I've been neglecting my feelings for her.

"I said that I'll love you no matter what. It's time for my confession. Look, I like you. I'm jealous when you told us that you and Baekhyun hyung were once in love. So maybe, will you take my hand and let me make this world a better place for you?"

The eyes which were red from all the sobbing and crying were looking at me as if it was trying to reach in my inner heart to see if I was speaking the truth.

"You're kidding, right? You must be kidding. No one would ever like a girl like me." she jabbed me, shifting uncomfortably.

"Pabo. A girl like you is just perfect for me. I wouldn't wish for anything else but you."

Heeyoung looks hesitant.

"So, will you give the guy in front of you a chance to date a princess like you?"

"I'm not sure of my feelings, JongIn." she looked at me, still hesitant.   "Take this chance to find out your true feelings. Your true self. Are you willing to let me accompany you on this trip to find your true self?" I asked and reached out to ask for her hand.   "JongIn oppa, I don't want to hurt you if anything happens."   "Hey, what do you take me for? I don't get hurt easily." I joked.

"The condition I'm in isn't helping at all Oppa."

"Let me take your hand and share the burden."

"Sorry oppa, I need time to consider. I really need to consider. Things have become so complicated. I'll consider and answer you as soon as possible."

I felt a little disappointed but, I'm not going to give up this easily.

"Alright. Let's go into the shelter. If you get sick, I'm gonna die being tortured by Luhan hyung." I changed the subject, dragging her along.

-BAEKHYUN POV-

I even bought umbrellas for Heeyoung because it's raining now. I hold my umbrella on my left hand and the other one on my right hand while searching for Heeyoung. Who knows, maybe I'll find her faster than Kai.   "Take this chance to find out your true feelings. Your true self. Are you willing to let me accompany you on this trip to find your true self?" Kai spoke.   My heart froze at that sentence, blood pumped into my head sending me massive headaches. My grip on the umbrellas loosen, letting the umbrella free fall on the ground. It took a moment for me to realise.

Kai had confessed to Heeyoung.

I didn't let myself listen to the conversation more. I turned back and tried to block their voices out of my head. If I continued listening, my heart would bleed to death.

My mind is in a mess. I couldn't believe this. How could this happen when I return just from L.A?

"I guess I'll wish them happiness. As long as Heeyoung's happy, I'll be happy." I said bitterly, tears forming in my eyes.

I felt empty. My heart. It's throbbing.

My life was all about Heeyoung. Now that her heart belongs to the other person, I should stop bothering her.

I dragged myself and left the place.

-HEEYOUNG POV-

I don't know what to do about Kai's feeling. What should I do? I mean, you see things are so complicated now. I don't think I have the extra time to date now that my mother is in a coma.

"Hey, there's two umbrellas here. Since there's no one here, shall we take it?" Kai asked.

"Just take one. We can share." I simply said.

"Okay then."

When we arrived at home, everyone rushed over as if the both of us are items for exhibitions.

"Where's Baekhyun hyung?" Sehun asked.

"Baekhyun followed us?" I asked, widened my eyes.

"Yeah, after hyung went off the van," Sehun answered, repeatedly nodding.

"We didn't see him." Kai frowned, brows tightly knitted together.

"He didn't call either." Kris added, shaking his head in worry.

"Mei, why are you wet? You played in the rain?" Gege asked.

"No! It just suddenly rained." I denied, shaking my hands frantically.

"You and Kim Jong-In! Go shower now! Don't you two dare get a cold." D.O ordered sternly.

"Nae Umma!" both of us replied in unison, grinning.

After having a refreshing shower, Kai and I went downstairs.

I didn't expect us to be awkward because of the confession.

Kai and I were having a Jajangmyun food snatch at the coffee table in the living room. Obviously, I won. Because I was the younger one.

We heard the door open and we got up to greet Baekhyun. 

"Oppa!" I called, looking at his pale and sickly face. My heart twisted in worry as his lips trembled.

"Hyung! Why are you drenched in rain? Did you get wet in the rain?" Sehun asked, alarmed.

"Pabo maknae! Of course, he did! Next time please think before you speak!" Gege commented, slapping his forehead.

Sehun pout at his comment. I swear, it was really cute.

Before Baekhyun got to take a step, he fell forward.

"Oppa!" I automatically went forward to catch him.

-

I was able to get a hold of him before he fell onto the floor. I fell onto the floor due to his weight.  "Ouch!" I yelped in pain.

"You're so clumsy." Xiumin oppa laughed.

"Oh, look who's talking now, the clumsy king of EXO." I replied, helping myself up.

"Yah Lee Heeyoung, what did you just-" 

"You two stop it now. Baekhyun just fainted and the two of you playing around now?" Suho oppa interjected, stern.

"Sorry." Xiumin oppa apologised.

"Baekhyun oppa's body is so warm. I think he's having a fever. Let's take him back to his room." I said, deep in worry. 

"Kris hyung and Kai will carry Baekhyun. I'll open the door later." Chanyeol oppa instructed.

"I'll go up to the room later. I'll be preparing the items that he'll need." 

"Okay." Chanyeol nodded, follow the two guys up the stairs.

"What shall the rest of us do?" Sehun questioned, tugging his hands at his waist.

"Find me a thermometer. Bring it upstairs and ask them to take the temperature of Baekhyun now. Inform me if the temperature goes over 42 Degrees." I informed, busy with my own task.

I went into the kitchen and poured lemonade.

"Noona, we don't have an ice pack. What should we do?" Sehun ran into the kitchen, jumping up and down.

"We don't really need an ice pack. A damp rag will do. And Sehun-a, help me bring the cup of lemonade upstairs for Baekhyun. If he wakes up, make him drink it and change his clothes for him, please. Comfortable ones."

"Arasseo Noona. You're really like a mother. Whoever marries you, he'll be in luck!" Sehun grinned foolishly as he exited the kitchen.

"YAH PABO MAKNAE OH SEHUN! HURRY UP AND BRING THE THERMOMETER!" Kai yelled in frustration.

"HYUNG! I'M NOT A PABO!" he shouted back as he stormed towards the room.

'Will they ever grow up?' I chuckled and shook my head.

"Mei, are there other ways of trying to cure fever?" Gege trudged into the kitchen.

"I think so, I remember there's once where Ma(Mom) told us about curing fever." I tried to recall.

"Yeah, it's about a certain fruit. Can you think of which?" Gege looked at me.

"I can't. I've forgotten all about it!" I yelled, feeling helpless.

"It's alright. Let the fever run it's course." he patted on my shoulders, assuring.

"I suppose. Try to-"

"Noona! Hyung's awake!" Sehun shouted. Relieve washed over you as your mood lightened up.

"I'll be up in a few seconds." I grabbed the cloth and the basin and ran up to the room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter