Laugh or Cry?!

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun rose and shone brightly. It was definitely brighter than all of the days Heeyoung had experienced in this year's Summer Vacation. The sunlight successfully snuck through the ward's blinders and attacked the asleep Heeyoung and the coma-state Kai.

Heeyoung groaned, instinctively reaching out for something to shield her from the sunlight. Not even caring about what object she was using to cover her, she dropped the object onto her face. The moment she dropped it on her, she yelped and jump off the stool in alert.

Heeyoung looked around carefully before realising what had she done. She laughed, as she realised that she dropped Kai's hand onto her face. "It's only 8." Heeyoung yawned, looking at the clock.

She stood up to stretch her body. "Ge and Baek left for schedules." she noted. After some morning stretching, she cheered happily. "Shower time!" 

-

Heeyoung came out of the bathroom, hair wet and wearing pink tracksuit with a white wife beater inside the tracksuit. Next, she wiped Kai clean before packing up and wait patiently for Hara's arrival.

5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes passed. 

Yet still no trace of Hara's arrival. Getting pretty much impatient and hungry for her breakfast, she dialed for Hara's number. Once. Twice. Triple times. Heeyoung sighed, "Looks like I'm pretty much doomed without my breakfast." she said as she blew her fringe.

She sit down again as she took out her drawing book. She pondered for a moment for an idea to draw on.

Heeyoung sighed deeply and frowned as she slouched, unable to think of anything to draw at this timing. Heeyoung bit her lips and thought harder as her frown got deeper and deeper. 

Her face suddenly light up as she set her eyes on the patient on the bed. "I'll draw Kai!" she concluded, snapping her fingers. 

Heeyoung mentally praised herself as she set herself to work. 

Throughout the few hours of the morning, she threw herself into the world of drawing. She took several glances Kai for one small detail. Heeyoung studied hard at Kai's facial features before adding the final touches to her work.

"I'm done!" Heeyoung beamed, comparing the face of Kai and her drawing.

As soon as Heeyoung stood up to get herself a drink, the ward door slide open. A red-hair lady came in with sunglasses and a beanie. 

"Sorry for being late!" Hara apologised as the sound of her heels made up the background rhythm. "It's alright Unnie. I'm free the whole afternoon." Heeyoung smiled, keeping her A4 drawing pad into her bag.

"Gyuri and Jiyoung insisted that I stay for more practise since I look like I would do more mistakes as them." Hara scoffed as she rolled her eyes. Heeyoung chuckled as she got her bag strap onto her shoulders. "Unnie, it's not like the first time you've encountered this. I did too."

"Yeah, but you're free now." Hara blew her bangs. "Yeah, it's your turn now." Heeyoung replied, eyes filled with hope for Hara to break free.

"It will never happen." Hara laughed. "It depends on you, Unnie. Alright, I'm off. Thanks for volunteering to look after Kai for me." Heeyoung did a small wave before walking to the door. "It depends on the contract. See you later and you're welcome." the older female chuckled.

-

Heeyoung yawned. She stared hard at her online homework as she tried to rack her brains. "Why give us homework during Summer Vacation." Heeyoung groaned, having the urge to pull out her hair. "Some songs should help." Heeyoung yawned for the nth time.

A frown surfaced on her face as the intro of the first song in the playlist leaks out of the speaker. "Slow song." Heeyoung shook her head as she clicked the 'next' button. The frown deepened as the next song was also an slow song.

After afew times of clicking the 'next' button on the player, the different songs that was played was still a slow song.

"Deal with it then." she groaned, too lazy to change songs anymore. Heeyoung tied up her hair and stared hard at the bunch of words in the document as she racked her brain for answers.

Halfway through the homework, Heeyoung dozed off to dreamland. Her laptop screen went into resting mode as time passed while Heeyoung was sleeping.

Out of a sudden, Heeyoung's phone rang. The ringtone made her jump out of her seat with her laptop flying in the air. When she realised it, her eyes widened as gaped open.

Heeyoung clenched her teeth in nervousness and she prevented her laptop from kissing the floor. She revealed a deep yet reliefed sigh as she hurriedly answered the call.

"Yeobosayo?"

"Heeyoung! Head here quick!" Hara sounded panicky. Heeyoung listened in carefully and heard machine 'Beep' sound every 2-3 seconds. "Unnie? What happened?!" Heeyoung raised her voice in worry. "I have no idea! The doctor's checking on Kai now!" Hara sounded more nervous and panicky than before. 

"I'll head over now." Heeyoung assured as she grabbed her bag and rushed to the hospital.

-

"Unnie! What happened to Kai?" Heeyoung rushed into the room, half-panting. Hara gulped as she stood up. "The doctor said that Kai would wake up anytime given at his condition." Hara beamed.

A wave of happiness washed over Heeyoung as her panting disappeared. "Really?!" she exclaimed in excitement. Hara nodded as Heeyoung rushed into her arms. "That's really a good good news, Unnie!" Heeyoung squealed. 

"Stop squealing for goodness sake!" Hara half-joke half-complained. "Unnie!" Heeyoung whined. "Arasseo." Hara chuckled, packing to leave.

"Leaving early?" the younger female asked. "Yeah, they need me to continue practising, don't they?" the older female smirked. "Alright then. I'll convey the good news to Gege soon. Thanks for looking aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter