Trouble

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm on time!" Heeyoung chirped as she barged into her father's office. With that action, Heeyoung sent his father's face red. "I'm sorry." Heeyoung shrunk back in reality, afraid that he might blow up in anger and yell at her first thing in the morning.

Heeyoung's father clenched his fist, clearing his voice and spoke. "Good. Now off you go to do your work." he spoke softly but firmly.

Heeyoung sighed in relief as she turned to exit out of the office. Wait. What? Did her father just did not snap at her? Heeyoung's eyes widened as she stood frozen on spot, infront of the door. "I said, go and do your job now." her father warned, this time with a stern voice.

Heeyoung snapped out of her thoughts and ran to her table. 'Today might just be a good day. A good start of a good day.' she smiled. With that thought, she started the work that she needed to do for the day.

When Heeyoung was busy splitting the contracts into catergories when her office phone rang. Immediately, she put down the different papers she held onto and picked up the call. 

Heeyoung winced as she placed the phone onto her ear. She could tell that the buyer of the mall was furious, or maybe beyond furious. "ARE YOU MAD?! THE PRICE IS HUGE! HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO ACHIEVE IT?!" 

Heeyoung gritted her teeth and tried to speak in her nicest tone. "I'm sorry sir, this is the secretary of CEO Lee. May I know who is this and what was the problem?"

"This is CEO Kang from Kang Corporation. I demand a lower price for Project TINX or else I won't participate in this partnership." the furious male over the phone complained in a angry voice. Heeyoung's eyebrows hitched up when she spotted the recent renewal contract between Kang Corporation and her father's company.

Heeyoung picked up the contract and carefully studied it before replying. "Mr Kang, may I know the percentage of agreements in the Director's Board in your company?" she asked. "99.7%" he replied. A smirk appeared on Heeyoung's face as she sat up to speak more clearly.

"But Mr Kang. According to the new contract that you renewed afew days ago, you are supposed to comply with whatever projects we have on hand now as long as the Director's Board agrees and as far as I know, the rest of the 0.3% who disagrees is you, am I wrong to say that?"

By now, the CEO of Kang Corporation had loss of words. "Mr Kang?" Heeyoung called. When she was about to call for the second time, the other party on the end of the phone had hung up. "Case won." Heeyoung simply said, returning on her task.

"!" Heeyoung said in terror as she suddenly spilled her Latte on the files that contained both old and new contracts. She gnawed on her upper lips as she scrambled to save the contracts. If her father found out about this accident, she's so going to be toasted.

It was a good thing that her father had once again when to personally check on the conditions of the malls earlier when she was almost falling asleep. "Today's not a good day after all." she sighed, wiping away the spilled contents on the table.

Her left eyelid twitched as she walked back to her office to resume her work. "Weird." she mumbled as she resumed on her work. Halfway drying the contracts, her handphone vibrated. She stopped to look at her notifications. It was from Sol-In.

From: Sol

Look at the latest news now!

To: Heeyoung

Heeyoung frowned at the text, unable to understand why she wanted her to read the news. She decided to call Sol-In and pushed everything back for later.

After afew couple of rings, she answered. "Didn't you see the news?" Sol-In asked. "No, in fact I'm the middle of my work now. What's wrong?" Heeyoung asked. "Some reporters leaked out a photo of you and Kai holding hands. They are suspecting that Kai is currently dating." Sol-In said. 

"What?!" Heeyoung exclaimed in shock, almost dropping her phone. The relationship between Kai and her was over, in fact it was long over. She had no longer feelings for him. It's just gratitude. "Why now?" Heeyoung asked as she hurriedly kept the important papers and exited the office before she could even give it a second thought.

"I'm guessing that your uncle had offended some people and those people wanted the stocks to go down." she replied. "That makes sense. So did the stocks decrease or drop?" Heeyoung asked as she hurried down the stairs, almost tripping.

"Yeah it did. But it didn't affect the whole company as much as the reporters would expect by the way." Sol-In answered. "Alright thanks, I'm on my way to the company now, hanging up." Heeyoung said as she rushed out of the building, only to be faced by a bunch of reporters.

The bunch of reporters rushed up to her, as if like a group of hyenas hungry for food. Flashlights are used everywhere, blinding Heeyoung's sight as she got shoved by mini microphones from the reporters.

"Ms Lee, are you dating Kai now?" a male reporter ask. "How long have you two have been toge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter