Let bygones be bygones

My precious boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo.

 

Days passed, weeks passed and months passed. In a blink of an eye, almost a year passed since Daehyun and Saerin got to know each other and as they spend more time together, Saerin fell harder and harder for Daehyun.

There is something about Daehyun that captivates her.

Like a magnet.

Oh well, opposite attracts.

But lucky for Daehyun, he has you, the Infinite members, the B.A.P members, Chorong, Bomi, Luhan and Chunji to depend on.

Unlike the lucky Daehyun, there’s the lonely and love-struck Park Saerin.

Every second. Every minute. Every hour. There’s only one thing on her mind: Jung Daehyun.

When she eats: Jung Daehyun.

When she showers: Jung Daehyun.

Before she sleeps: Jung Daehyun.

Watching the TV: Jung Daehyun.

Basically, her life revolves around Daehyun.

Saerin did not expect everything to turn out like this. At times, she feel mad for falling for Daehyun but at other times, she is just helpless. Daehyun changed her. A lot.

Her motive for getting close to Daehyun was thrown away a long time ago.

Thrown far far far away.

However, as days passed, Daehyun seems to change. He is no longer the lovely Daehyun who treats Saerin like a princess, he no longer bring her out for dinner and he did not visit her at home frequently, not like the past few months.

Saerin was getting suspicious but she decided to push the thought away. Why? Mainly because she loves Daehyun too much.

‘Why would I think about Daehyun like that? I love him. He loves me. I should trust him. Maybe there are some problems with his hotel or café? No Saerin no, Daehyun will always be there for you.’

That was what she told herself for the past few weeks.

 

Meanwhile, on the other side, Daehyun and the Infinite members were busy preparing on how to confront Saerin.

Part of Daehyun felt bad for doing this to Saerin but the other part told him that Saerin deserves it.

You got attached to Saerin so, you did not want to take part in the confrontation.

The confrontation was planned to be on Daehyun and Saerin’s first anniversary.

According to Sunggyu, it will ‘leave more impact on her and make it more heartbreaking for her’.

 

You looked out the window, staring at nothing in particular when Myungsoo waved his hand in front of your face.

“Hey, you seem… out of mind this few days.. Are you fine?” Myungsoo asked, concerned.

You managed a small smile and grabbed his hand, “Don’t worry oppa, I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not,” Myungsoo said and stared at you, “Hey I’m here. You can always talk to me. About everything,” he assured you.

You took a deep breath before speaking, “It’s Saerin unnie.”

“S-saerin? Why?” Myungsoo was appalled but he kept calm and caressed your hand lightly with his thumb.

“Look,” you held your pinky out, “If I tell you everything, promise me not to get mad.”

Myungsoo smiled, laced his pinky with yours and squeezed your hand, assuring you, “I promise. Go ahead. Tell me everything.”

“I feel bad for Saerin unnie. I can tell she changed. Really. I’m a girl, she’s a girl. I know. She’s really in love with Daehyun oppa. She changed. She’s not that y girl who shouted at me in the café. I placed myself in her shoes and imagined if you, the guy who I love, were to do the same thing to me. I’ll be heartbroken,” you paused and looked over to Myungsoo.

He nodded, asking you to continue.

“No girls, wait, no one would want someone they love, or someone who they assumed love them, to hurt them, to break their heart. I wouldn’t want you to break my heart. And I’m very sure that you wouldn’t want me to break your heart. Put yourself in her shoes. Wouldn’t you be heartbroken if I do something like that to you?”

Myungsoo stayed silent and played with your fingers.

After a few seconds of silence, Myungsoo looked up and mumbled an almost inaudible ‘yes’.

You sighed and grabbed his hand, “But if you guys insist on getting the revenge, go ahead. But I don’t want to be there to watch everything. Okay? I’ll support whatever Daehyun oppa do. He’s the only family member I have left,” you smiled and leaned forward to peck his nose, “But thinking back… maybe she does deserve the punishment. For cheating on you, and for making me cry because Daehyun oppa ignored me.”

Myungsoo softly laughed and looked at you, “You know what? You’re too kind to even exist. You forgot what she did to you?”

You chuckled, “Let bygones be bygones. Life is too short to hate on people, my dear oppa.”