Anniversary

My precious boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo.

 

“Daehyun, you ready bro?” Myungsoo asked as he peeked inside the room.

Daehyun laughed, “What the hell are you doing? Come in!”

Myungsoo came in with his hands behind his back and whistled, “Oh yeah looking good, bro-in-law!”

Daehyun was preparing for Saerin and his 1 year anniversary celebration.

He was wearing a light blue long sleeve shirt with a pair of skinny jeans. He had his hair styled up and well, he looked good.

You came in and saw Myungsoo talking animatedly with Daehyun. You crept into the room and leaned on one of your arm on the wall, “Luhan oppa’s waiting for you in the car. Go. Quick.”

Daehyun looked into the mirror for one last time before walking up to you and hugged you, “Oppa will go first. You sure you don’t want to follow?”

You smiled and nodded, “Positive.”

“Okay then, if you say so. Call me if you need anything. I love you.” He said and kissed the top of your head.

Before Daehyun went down the stairs, you ran to him and grabbed his wrist, “Oppa!”

Daehyun turned around, confused, “Yes ____?”

You intertwined his fingers with yours and looked into his eyes, “Don’t be too rough on Saerin unnie, okay?”

Daehyun smiled and ruffled your hair, “Okay, I won’t. I’ll call you once everything is done, okay?”

You waved at Daehyun as his figure slowly disappeared out of the house.

Suddenly, you heard someone clearing his throat. You turned and gasped when Myungsoo stood behind you, with his hands crossed.

“Oh? You were here? I thought you went down!” you exclaimed.

“Yeah because someone was too occupied with her brother, “ Myungsoo said and smirked.

You pouted and shrugged, “I told him not to leave me alone with you because you may do bad things to me. So I’m leaving. I don’t want to stay in the same house with you.”

Myungsoo held his chest and gasped, “Ouch, that hurts. Can you hear it?”

You cocked your eyebrow and asked, “Hear what?”

“My heart cracking. Listen! You can hear it!”

You laughed and hit Myungsoo’s arms, “You’re hilarious.”

“I know, and that is exactly why you love me, right?” Myungsoo asked and winked.

You laughed yet again and pinched his nose, “Even if you’re as boring as hell, wait, you are boring, but oh well, I’d love you.”

Myungsoo brightened up and smiled, “Really?!”

You walked away and when you were downstairs, you shouted out, “Nope I was joking! Who the hell likes a boring guy like you?”

“OI JUNG ____ COME HERE YOU!”

 

 

“Okay, we’re here,” Luhan said and looked at Daehyun, “You still have time to change your mind. You sure you’re going to do this, Daehyun?”

Daehyun smiled and nodded, determined, “Yes, I’m sure hyung. Don’t worry.”

“Okay then. I’ll support your choice. Just remember that we are all here for you, okay?” Luhan encouragingly patted Daehyun’s back.

Daehyun took a deep breath and went out of the car.

He smiled when he saw Saerin standing in front of the restaurant, looking as lovely as ever.

“Saerin!” Daehyun called out.

“Oh Daehyun!” Saerin checked her outfit and walked towards Daehyun, “Happy anniversary Daehyun!”

Daehyun giggled and kissed Saerin’s forehead, “Happy anniversary to you too. Now shall we go in?”

Saerin nodded and together, hand in hand, they walked into the restaurant, with Saerin completely oblivious of what is going to happen in an hour’s time.

 

 

“Where are we going now, Daehyun?” Saerin asked as Daehyun led her to an unknown place.

“We’re going to the park, and then, I’ll bring you to a movie theatre, I booked a theatre there specially for us. I have a surprise for you.” Daehyun squeezed Saerin’s hand and smiled.

Saerin bit her bottom lip to prevent herself from smiling too widely. *He has a surprise for me? Oh my god what is it?!*

“We’re here!” Daehyun announced.

Saerin looked around, “It’s nice to be at the park at this time. It feels… romantic.”

“Exactly why I brought you here!” Daehyun laughed, “So…. close your eyes.”

Saerin looked at Daehyun suspiciously, “Close my eyes? For what?”

“Just do it.”

Saerin shrugged and closed her eyes.

Daehyun smiled and took something out of his back pocket. He took it into his hands and walked towards Saerin.

Saerin gasped when she felt something cold on her neck.

“Daehyun…. Did you get me a necklace?” Saerin whispered, touched, “You didn’t have to get me something so expensive!”

Daehyun shook his head, “It’s alright, I want to buy it. No one told me to buy it. Besides, things may change soon. So, keep it as a memory.”

Saerin hugged Daehyun, “Thank you so much Daehyun. I love you. Really. Oh! And I got a present for you too! Now you close your eyes.”

Daehyun obediently closed his eyes and leaned back on the bench.

“At the count of 3, you open your eyes. Okay?”

Daehyun nodded.

“1……… 2………. 3!!!!”

Daehyun opened his eyes to see Saerin holding a book out.

“A book?” Daehyun asked, puzzled.

“Open it!” Saerin urged.

Daehyun slowly opened it and gasped, “This is so nice…..”

Inside the book were pictures of Daehyun and Saerin- all the selcas they took at different places and beside every pictures, there were short notes.

Daehyun randomly turned to a page and saw a picture of him putting his arm on Saerin’s shoulder, both smiling brightly towards the camera.

Beside the picture, a short note was written, “Jung Daehyun, you’re the only one. Saranghae.”

Daehyun smiled and caressed the picture. *In a few minutes time, everything will change. Am I doing the right thing?*

Daehyun looked at Saerin and sighed.