Everything's no longer the same

My precious boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo.

"Oh, Daedae oppa, where are you going?"

"Going out, meeting your Saerin unnie. Eat your breakfast, okay? See you tonight."

You stared at him and crossed your arms.

"What's wrong, baby?"

You rolled your eyes, "You forgot what we're supposed to do today?"

Daehyun tilted his head, "What are we supposed to do?"

"Aren't we supposed to spend some sibling-time together? You promised to bring me out!"

Daehyun gasped and hugged you, "Oh my god, I forgot!!! Omo I'm so sorry, baby!!"

You sighed and started walking away.

You held your tears in and mumbled, "Yeah, Saerin is more important than me. Go ahead. Leave me alone."

Daehyun grabbed both your hands, pulled you towards him and hugged you, "____, oppa's sorry okay? We can go out tomorrow," Daehyun held his pinky out and smiled, "I promise."

You pulled away from him, "Don't promise if you know you will break the promise. Do you know how I felt for the past few days when you kept going out with Saerin? I felt like I don't have anyne else in this world. Saerin is more important than me right? Go ahead and have fun with her. Go away. I don't want to see your face."

Daehyun stared at you in awe, unable to digest what you said to him.

You went up to your room, and closed the door shut, leaving Daehyun dumbfounded.

Daehyun stared into empty space as your words rang in his ears. *Did I hurt ____ that much...?*

 

 

Part of your heart felt bad saying that to Daehyun but the other part felt that Daehyun deserved it.

You heard the door close and you felt the unfamiliar emptiness again.

You looked around your room and your gaze stopped at a picture of you, Daehyun and your parents.

Daehyun had his arms around you, and your parents were at the back. Your appa kissed the top of your head while your umma kissed Daehyun's cheeks. The 4 of you were smiling happily, not knowing that it will be the last picture the 4 of you will take together.

You took the photo frame and caressed the picture. Tears began blurring your vision.

"Umma, appa..... I miss you guys a lot. Daehyun oppa is no longer the Daehyun oppa I know. He changed a lot after he got to know Saerin. I hate Saerin now. I feel so lonely now, umma, appa. What should I do, umma, appa...? Can't you guys come back..?"

You hugged yourself and bawled more, remembering the last jog you had with your parents and Daehyun.

 

 

"UMMA! APPA! QUICK!" Daehyun shouted as he stopped running.

You laughed when you saw your parents panting hard.

"UMMA!!!!! QUICK!!! YOU NEED TO RUN FASTER THAN APPA!!!!" you shrieked when you saw your appa running faster.

Daehyun cheered for your appa as you cheered for your umma.

"APPA! APPA! APPA! APPA!"

"DAEHYUN OPPA SHUT UP! UMMA! UMMA! UMMA!"

"YA! I'M YOUR OPPA! DON'T BE RUDE!!!"

You stuck your tongue out and ran away, as fast as you could.

You shrilled when you turned behind and saw your parents and Daehyun running after you.

"ANDWAE!!!!!!!!! UMMA HELP!!"

You umma laughed and ran faster.

Unfortunately, your appa grabbed you from the back and kissed your cheeks.

"My baby girl, you grew up so pretty. Take care when we're no longer here, okay?"

You giggled and slapped your appa's arm, "What are you talking about, appa!?! You will always be here with me, right?"

Your appa ignored your question and continued hugging you, rocking you from left to right.

You closed your eyes and enjoyed the peaceful moment with your appa.

Your umma then came with Daehyun and the 4 of you hugged each other.

Your umma ruffled Daehyun's hair and kissed his cheeks, "Daehyun-ah, I trust you to take care of ____ when we're gone, okay? This may be the last time I'm telling you this."

Daehyun looked at your umma weirdly, "Umma, please. Appa and you are just going overseas. You guys are not going to die!"

Your umma chuckled and pulled you over, caressing your hair, "Daehyun and ____, you guys have to take care of each other, okay? Daehyun, you can't leave ____ alone. Same goes to you, ____. I won't be there to wake you guys up every morning, prepare breakfast for you guys and to give you guys lov-"

You stopped your umma from talking, "Umma, what are you talking about? You are going to come back. Stop your nonsense."

And again, your umma and appa laughed and kissed your cheeks.

Your appa rested his head on your head, "You never know what will happen, my dear."

You looked over to Daehyun and shrugged.

 

If you knew that that would be the last jog you would have with your parents, you would totally treasure the moment more. But, there's no point crying over something that already happened.

You looked at the picture once again and hugged it tight, "Umma..... Appa.... I miss you....."