The Missed Dinner Date

Our Special Princes

At the restaurant where the girls were supposed to be at, a sweet charming man waited til late at night for them to arrive. A few hours passed and still no sign of his future wife. The roses lying on the table were slowly wilting to an awful shade of the roses former color.

“Great,” the charming man said sarcastically, “How am I supposed to give her these now?” Then he grabbed the roses on the table and got up to throw them in the trash. Just when he was about to drop them into the can, a waitress came and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Excuse me, but did your date bail on you?” She asked with sparks in her eyes like a fox watching its pray.

He didn’t answer her, because what she said ran over and over in his head ‘bail on you’.

‘Did Ae Young really bail on me?’ he asked himself. He then dropped his hand with roses in them down to his side from hovering the trash can. ‘It can’t be, she wouldn’t do that, would she?’

“Um, well if she did, I wouldn’t mind taking those off your hands for you and taking her place if it’s okay with you.” She gave a sly smile and flipped her hair back while pointing at the roses still in his hands.

‘In your dreams’ He thought to himself, no one can replace the girl he loved ever since he meant her when he was a small little boy at the village playground.

Flashback to when he was 8

“Get off the swing!” the older boy yelled at the smaller girl. she was only minding her own business with her friend who was pushing her back and forth. she kept swinging and swinging because she didn’t know that he was talking to her.

“Why won’t you get off!” The boy screamed again in his harshest voice he could muster up. The little girl stopped swinging and just sat there looking at the older boy screaming at her. her friend stood by her side and looked at him as well. “Didn’t you hear me? I said get off!” Then the older boy ran behind her, who was still siting on the swing, and pushed her off as hard as he could. she landed on her knees on the cement and her hands out in front of her to support her from her face falling on the cement too. Tears started running down her eyes, one by one they fell. Whimpers slid through the air from .

Her friend tightened her fist, anger filled her eyes and revenge occupied her mind. She flew in the air as soon as she saw no regret in the boys eyes, landing her fist onto the side of the boys face and making him land on the floor too.

She quickly went beside the younger girl on floor, “Are you okay dongsaeng?” She then helped her up and patted the dirt off her clothes. On her knees, blood started to trickle down. The girl’s friend gasped and immediately said, “Let’s get you cleaned up!”

The smaller girl nodded but interrupted when they were about to leave, “Wait, I have to do something first.” she then limped her way over to the older boy who had sat up from when her friend knocked and punched him to the ground.

“Are you okay?” the smaller girl asked extending her hand to the older boy.

The older boy slapped her hand out of the way, angrily yelling, “Stop acting like you care, just get away from me!”

But the little girl didn't go away, she was still standing in front of him. then he pushed her again, hoping she’d go away for good this time, but she just came back in front of him. he then looked to the other way while pouting.

The smaller girl then reached into her pocket and took out a handkerchief and wiped off the dirt on his face and the blood which was flowing from the corner of his lip where her friend had hit him.

“Why are you being so nice to me? Why didn’t you go away when i told you to?” The older boy asked confused by the girl’s strange decisions.

“Because your hurt.” The girl said worried back which left the boy dumbfounded.

When she was done, she took a step back and said, “All better!” in a happy voice. then she turned around and began walking to her friend.

The older boy was now falling for the younger girl, he didn’t want her to go away yet, “Wait,” he shouted, stopping the younger girl from leaving, “What’s your name.”

“Ae Young,” the girl answered back.

The older boy quickly got to his feet and ran to the girl and extended his  hand, “I’m Ki Kwang, I’m sorry for pushing you before, can you forgive me?” The boy asked with sincerity.

The younger girl looked closely at the hand extended out in front of her, she then slowly extended her hand and slapped his hand out of the air to his side. The boy looked stunned at the younger girl.

She then let out a huge smile and grabbed his hand from his side and shook it happily,  “Apology excepted, i was only repaying the favor just now when you slapped my hand out of the air when i was trying to help you up.”

“Oh, okay, so can you come back tomorrow so we can play?” The boy asked nervously.

“We’ll see, but your going to have to get past her.” Ae young then pointed to her friend waiting behind her, “Her names Tinnie, you should get on her good side first though.”

End of flashback

“Sorry,” Ki Kwang said apologetically, trying to hide his true thoughts. he might have changed when Ae Young came into his life but he was still a jerk and a big meanie, “But I don’t like fake girls like you.”

~~~

Poor Ki Kwang! D: