Another Arranged Marriage

Our Special Princes

The foot-steps of the horses continued forward while pulling onto a mysterious pitch black with a tint of foggy white carriage. Inside sat two emotionless boys, sitting quietly with their minds filled with many important things that needed to be done. Alas their so-called father wanted them to take a break from everything that has happened.

“...hyung where are we meeting up with ‘them’,” The youngest boy didn’t look over at the older boy. He was busy looking outside and watch cows pass back. The older boy was lost in thought but then he heard the younger boy ask the question.

“The location we plan on meeting them at is that secret small hidden village,” The small boy snapped his head back over to the older boy and saw him nod.

“Then the driver knows about the location?” The boy brushed his bangs out of his face and sank his eyes into the boys and said, “Father gave him the location so I suppose,” With that said everything went to peace and quiet.

~~~

The two girls sat on the pair of swing sets and stared upon the sparkling stars that was above them. Without knowing the two boys that were once with them snuck up behind them and began pushing them.

“Holy! Ki Kwang!” Ae Young shouted while blushing deeply. Ki Kwang snickered while grinning happily.

“Don’t worry Youngie! I won’t let you fall,” Ki Kwang stated while smiling. “Cause if I do---” Tinnie shot a look at Ki Kwang until Mika pushed her higher a bit. She let out a squeak and her eyes widen.

“Sorry Tinnie!” Mika apologized while biting his lips. Tinnie blushed slightly and shook off the feelings.

“But erm...Ae Young?” Ki Kwang began while Ae Young looked past her shoulders and saw Ki Kwang fiddling around.

“What is it Ki Kwang?” Ae Young asked as her hair flowed softly. Ki Kwang was mesmerized by her beauty. Ae Young blinked and waited for Ki Kwang to continue on but he was baffling out random and unknown words. Tinnie and Mika just stares at the boy before them and practically face-palmed.

“Just spit it out man! No one can understand you, speak up!” Mika nudged him on his side.

“Umm... uh..... L-Let’s go home,” Ki Kwang stuttered while pointing to the direction of Ae-Young’s and Tinnie’s house.

“Um.. Sure,” Ae Young said thinking about what her mom will say about her skipping the arrange marriage dinner.

“You guys must be tired,” Mika said trying to cover Ki Kwang’s obvious nervousness. “We should all head home, right Tinnie?”

“Yeah,” Tinnie agreed. It’s been a long day, and they had stuff to take care of tomorrow.

Tinnie and Ae young got off the swings and the boys walked them home. It was a good thing that the girls lived next to each other so they went the same way.

~~~

Tinnie’s P.O.V

As Mika wished me goodnight as i opened the door. All the lights were out except a candle in Umma’s room.

I quietly walked to the room. Umma was at her desk writing papers for tomorrow's work. “Umma, why aren’t you sleeping?” I asked concerned.

“I’m almost done sweetie, I just need to do last minute changes since this is going to change your future,” Mom said frustrated as she scribbled on the papers in her hand.

“What do you mean?” i asked as I slowly walked to where Umma was sitting. I went behind her and looked over her shoulder at the papers. They were all information on some of the guys in the village.

“UMMA! What are you doing?” I yelled while not believing what I was seeing.

“Don’t worry,” Umma said as she turned around and looked me in the eye. Her eyes were all blood-shot and you could see the bags under her eyes, “I have everything planned out. It’s not like I’m going to change the guy i have in mind. I just want to see the other candidates.”

“Umma, what are you talking about?” I asked as i remembered what Ae Young’s mother told me that made me want to leave.

“Oh, honey, i forgot to tell you, didn’t I?” Mom said as she stood up, and went to the bed and patted to the seat next to her, “Come sit down Tinnie,”

I sat down and umma put her hand on mine, she then smiled brightly at me, “You’re going to get married,”

Even though i knew about it already, just hearing her say it out loud put me in shock. “Why?” I murmured, I had to at least know why. Truthfully I didn’t want to get married, not yet that is but not at this very young age though.

“Darling, we’re going through some complicated times,” Umma stated calmly when understanding what she had meant as complicated. I remember some Guards came a few days ago and pounded on the door, then umma sent me out for errands with a worried look on her face. Maybe she meant that, but what does this mean about my sudden marriage along with the bills. She wasn’t trying to sell me out was she?

“If it’s about the financial money I can get more jobs umma,” Umma shook her head at me. My lips began to quiver and I could probably feel my heart began to explode at any moment. “Please...I don’t want to get married...” I begged while being pulled into the older woman’s embrace.

“I’m sorry baby but please do this for us,” I remained silent and wished that this was a horrible dream. I rather be stuck in a ditch with Ae Young and those two jerky ‘princes’ then hearing what umma had just told me. Speaking of those two jerky ‘princes’ I wonder what is happening now with them?

---

If you noticed at the beginning of the story, it shows two new mysterious people...

Wonder who that is?~

Updated By: PigRabbit & Seunii