34

The First and The Last

It was a perfect afternoon in New York and we were gathering around in Jessica’s penthouse. Two more days until we had to go back to Korea and Yoona said she wanted to be in the penthouse before going back home—since our business with Hara was already done and Jessica agreed her request. Nice idea by Yoong to spend the time in Jessica’s penthouse.

 

We had a barbecue this afternoon. Everyone seemed so busy preparing stuffs. Except Yoona and Sooyoung who were already drooling over the meats and kept whining about when will the foods are ready to be eaten, by them. And not forgetting my fiancé’s absence who went out for work, leaving me since six in the morning by placing kisses here and there. Damn that workaholic. Oh wait, did I just say my fiancé ?

 

And I blushed madly realizing that. Jessica and I were engaged now. She was my fiancé and I was hers. We had a same ring wrapped neatly in our ring finger. They looked perfect on us.

 

Frankly speaking, Jessica and I hadn’t told them about our engagement to our friends. We didn’t want to immediately tell them about that. Let it be a surprise for a couple of days. Or until they realize it when we were already in Korea.

 

Krystal and I were busy grilling the meat, until she immediately dropped her tong on the plate and went to somewhere in the penthouse. I didn’t care about her and continue grilling the meat since those shikshins kept whining at me to be hurry. They were clinging at me as well and it was annoying.

 

But then those two left me and sat in the empty seats between Sunny and Taeyeon. Again, I didn’t bother them and kept grilling. Until I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and a flesh on my cheek, placing an invisible mark there.

 

I turned around to see an angelic smile of my fiancé that just got home from work. I smiled back at her.

 

“Welcome home.” When I leaned forward to kiss her on the lips, someone dragged me by the collar. So did Jessica got dragged as well.

 

“No lovey-dovey!” Oh Taeyeon and Krystal, really?

 

“Or kissy-kissy!” Yuri added.

 

“Wasn’t it counted as lovey-dovey?” Yoona turned her head to Yuri, completely disoriented.

 

“I don’t know, though.”

 

Jessica merely smiled as she picked her creamy-colored work bag and walked to our room. I left my tong on the table next to the griller and followed Jessica. She was sitting on the edge of the bed with her phone in the hand, typing whatever it was in a quick pace. I sat next to her, placing my jaw on her shoulder while my eyes remained on her—or her lips.

 

She looked at me through the corner of her eyes, smiling.

 

“Missed me?”

 

“Yeah. Don’t you?”

 

“I don’t.”

 

I frowned and got up of my seat. “Fine if you said so.”

 

Jessica chuckled, dragging me along by the wrist and making me to fall down the bed. She was hovering on top of me. Smirking like there’s no tomorrow as she made her way to kiss me on the lips. Once our lips connected, I immediately forgot about how upset I was when she said she didn’t miss me—though I knew that she was joking.

 

“I miss you.” And I can felt the wet flesh on my lips again, gently massaging mine as my hands grinding up from her back to her hair, locking them there. As always, it felt so good when Jessica kissed me. When her lips massaging mine. When her thumb softly caressing my cheek without removing the contact between our lips.

 

My breath hitched when I felt Jessica’s lips traveling on my neck, making territory by kissing, , and nibbling it. The pain when she nibbled my neck was so good. I got hypnotized by her dark blue eyes when she lifted her head to look at me. I hate it that she never fails to do that. It felt like Jessica was getting inside of me and trying to steal my soul.

 

Oh, but she did. She stole my soul and my heart and she didn’t want to give it back to me again.

 

I ran my hands down, trying to remove her coat and throwing it to the ground. But when my hand was on its way to the zipper of Jessica’s jeans, someone interrupted us.

 

“Sorry for interrupting, but the food is ready. I’m so hungry and I want to eat all the food together.”

 

I pushed Jessica until she fell down to the floor and heard Jessica squealing. Well I was surprised hearing Sooyoung’s voice all of sudden, where my muffled moans probably were the only thing that could be heard before. Jessica groaned as she pushed herself up from the floor, rubbing the source of the pain on the back of her head.

 

“Okay, one minute.”

 

“Save your game for later, guys. It’s time for food.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes and walked away from our room. “Dammit you couple.”

 

“Hey, I can hear you!” Jessica yelled.

 

*

 

Sooyoung and Yoona were smiling widely as they saw the meat on their plate. I knew they couldn’t wait any longer to eat all of the food. While Taeyeon, Sunny, Krystal and Yuri were all looking at the shikshins eating the food hungrily, like they hadn’t ate for a long time. Jessica, Krystal and I were sitting next to each other, until she asked for a permission to pick up a call and went to the living room, leaving her meat untouched on the table—probably it was an urgent call that Jessica looked so panic when she saw the caller’s name on the screen.

 

Krystal who was sitting next to me eyed me suspiciously since we ate in the dining table together. I didn’t know why she did that, though. And all of sudden, she grabbed my hand and lifted it up.

 

“When did you get this ring, unnie?”

 

Someone had realized it. Finally.

 

“Two days ago, approximately.”

 

“I don’t remember if your couple ring with Jessica-unnie was like this.”

 

Krystal and Yuri got up from their seat and ran toward Jessica who was still sitting on the L-shaped sofa. She jerked up and almost fell off her seat seeing those two approaching her. It was so funny seeing Jessica got surprised.

 

“A-ARE YOU TWO ENGAGED ALREADY?” The little Jung yelled as she grabbed her sister by the shoulder.

 

“WHAT!?” Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Sunny surprised as well hearing that, while Yoona got choked on her meat.

 

“Why you guys looks surprised? It’s not like I won’t do that in the future.” Jessica said as she brushed off Krystal hands from her.

 

Everyone went speechless. The penthouse became so quiet for a while until Taeyeon spoke.

 

“I had no idea that you will do it that fast.”

 

“Well, I don’t want to waste the time anymore.” Jessica said before looking at me sweetly. Oh god that stare, full of nothing but love and lust. I can feel them. I can see them. They were so obvious.

 

How could a pair of eyes make me feeling loved and so peaceful just by looking at it?

 

*

 

It was the time to go home.

 

Krystal, Mr. and Mrs. Jung came to all of us.  Sad to say that Jessica won’t go home with us this time. She said she had to take care of some things first here and will be home in two weeks—she hadn’t sure about that. I hope she won’t take it too long because I already used with her in my side. It must be hard for not seeing and feeling her around me when I wake up.

 

“Why aren’t you coming with us?” Yoona asked Krystal who was leaning her head on Mrs.Jung’s shoulder.

 

“I want to be here for a little longer and will come home with Jessica-unnie.”

 

It looked like it was our time to departure. I secretly made a glance to Jessica who was laughing along with Krystal and Taeyeon. I still can’t believe it that she was officialy mine now. She was my fiancé. And next month, she will be my wife and I will be hers. It was just hard to believe after what we had been through. We were strangers and being office mates, falling in love with each other, dating, fought and broke up, separated for three years, and eventually we were together.

 

I was so glad we had a happy ending. Most likely God knew it that I was tired for being hypocrite and living with lies wasn’t good for your life. You will hurt yourself and the other people.

 

Jessica caught my gaze and stared back at me with that sweet smile painted on her face. How her lips curved up into an attractive smile, that it always been my favorite. This time, I just wanted to jump on her and hug her tight, telling her how much I love her and I definitely will miss her.

 

Apparently she read my mind by the expression I had at the time, because right after I said that in my mind, she brought me to her embrace as she dug her nose between my hair and kissed me on the temples. My grip on the suitcase loosened and hugged her back.

 

“Oh come on, it’s going to be a couple of weeks only!” Krystal groaned at the sight of me and Jessica hugging.

 

“You don’t know how it feels like being away with your beloved one, kiddo.” Mr. Jung patted the little Jung on the head.

 

“That’s why you really should get a boyfriend.” Sooyoung mocked, followed by all of her unnies’ laughter.

 

“Yah!”

 

As much as I wanted to stay here with Jessica, but I can’t. I had missed my work and I didn’t want to be looked arbitrarily. I released the hug and get ready to go. All of us bowed at the Jungs and walked away to the departure room.

 

I knew everything will be okay. I had been through those rough three years without Jessica and I had to survive for a couple of weeks.

 

But it was getting hard as Jessica’s perfume was all over my shirt when I was already in the plane.

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: okay this is not a mandatory to be read because this is just a bonus chapter since i really wanted to make one. but thanks for reading if you already did LOL hope you guys like it! sorry for any grammar error. have a nice weekend~