6. Iris

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

KyuMin feat. other SJ couples, R, 1413

______

 

"Donghae, watch what you're doing!" shouted Hyukjae, gripping his pad and glaring at his opponent.
 
Donghae grinned. "Scared of losing, Hyukkie?"
 
"Psh! As if that was even possible with your lack of skill-- yah!" he exclaimed and jabbed Donghae in his ribs.
 
The moment Donghae threw his joystick away to rub the aching spot, Hyukjae yelled with victory.
 
"That was cheating, Hyukkie," he said and pouted.
 
Still smiling, Hyukjae went closer to his boyfriend and leaned over him. "Aw, don't be mad Hae," he said playfully. "You'd lose anyway, that's just one of the basic rules of this world," he stated and seeing that Donghae kept sulking, he started to tickle him mercilessly.
 
When they were dangerously close to starting making out, Sungmin decided he'd seen enough and cleared his throat.
 
"Ehm, guys, do you mind...?" If he thought that his presence would embarrass them at least a little and they'd stop what they're doing, he couldn't have been more wrong. 
 
Hyukjae, still on top of Donghae, only lifted his head to look at him. "You need something, hyung?"
 
"Yeah, have you seen Kyuhyun anywhere?" Sungmin asked, deciding to just not notice their position. "He's not picking up his phone."
 
"Isn't he in your room? You know, playing StarCraft?" This time it was Donghae who replied, not that he made any effort to look away from Hyukjae though.
 
"If he was then would I be looking for him here?" Asked Sungmin, annoyed. "Never mind, I'll go and ask Ryeowook," he said and made it to the doors.
 
Standing right next to them, he turned around. "You can continu-- Geez, guys, you're fast." Sungmin rolled his eyes at the pair, who didn't even bother to wait till he exits the room, to start what had been interrupted.
 
Once in the hall, he directed his steps to YeWook's room, silently hoping not to find them in the similar situation. As it turned out, he had nothing to worry about.
 
"Not like that, Wookie!" Said Yesung patiently, showing Ryeowook something Sungmin couldn't see.
 
"Then how?" Ryeowook sounded a little irritated if you ask Sungmin. Three more steps and he knew why.
 
Yesung was currently leaning over the terrarium with his precious turtle inside, ignoring his whole surroundings including Ryeowook, who stood next to him with annoyed expression.
 
"You should keep the sponge with your right hand while the left one is keeping Ddangkoma in place, this way you will wash him but you won't hurt him!" He exclaimed as if it was the matter of life and death. 
 
Ryeowook rolled his eyes and then noticed Sungmin.
 
"Hyung!" He shouted happily. "Thank God you came, please save me from that crazy turtle-lover!"
 
Sungmin looked at him pityingly. "Actually, I just came to ask if you've maybe seen Kyuhyun somewhere? Cause I can't find him."
 
"We didn't exactly have any chance to see anybody..." Ryeowook gazed at Yesung meaningfully. "But I can help you!"
 
"Okay, come one the-- I mean, ehm," he paused, feeling Yesung's heavy glare on himself. "Eee, I know you're busy, so I'll just... go up and check on the 12th floor. Bye!" He said and quickly escaped the room and its weird atmosphere. Angry Yesung is wayyy to scary.
 
Entering the dorm one floor above, Sungmin heard some odd noises, so he followed them and ended up before Eeteuk's and Donghae's shared room. Remembering that Donghae was down at this moment, he quickly figured what was going on behind the door. He knocked loudly.
 
"Yah! Eeteuk hyung! Kangin hyung!" he shouted. The noises faded a little. "Whatever you're doing, stop it now, I'm coming in!"
 
Despite his threat, Sungmin gave them 3 more minutes to, most probably, separate and get dressed. He opened the door, peeked inside and, seeing the place was safe, entered the room.
 
"Ugh, you should open the window, it smells here," Sungmin crinkled his nose. Their leader stood up (he had the front of the white shirt on his back), and opened the window.
 
"So, uhm," started Kangin (his pants ped). "What did you want from us?"
 
"First, to lock your room when you're... you know. Anyone could open it any minute and you're living with your manager!" He said, scandalized.
 
Eeteuk laughed nervously while Kangin only murmured that "he's not here most of the time, anyway."
 
Sungmin closed his eyes for a second. "Gosh, let's get on with it fast. Have you seen Kyuhyun around, hyung?" He asked Eeteuk who shook his head. "Kangin hyung?" 
 
Kangin also denied.
 
"Okay, then continue," said Sungmin, closed the door behind him and went to HanChul's room.
 
I swear, if they're making out or having too, I'll go and drag them both to help me find Kyuhyun, he thought and knocked.
 
The only response was silence, which was weird when we're talking about the space where Heechul was supposed to be present, so Sungmin frowned and opened the door.
 
Seeing the view in front of him, his mouth went down from shock and his frustration melted away. The y couple was soundly asleep, Heechul's head on Hankyung's laps, the Chinese's hand slowly his hair and his other hand resting in the bowl of chips, the laptop with some movie running in front of them. Sungmin smiled warmly and turned the laptop off, so as not to unnecessarily waste battery. When he was about to leave, he heard Hankyung's voice, husky from sleep.
 
"You wanted something, Minnie?" He asked semiconsciously.
 
Sungmin thought for a moment. If they had been watching the movie for about 2 hours, they most likely had no idea where Kyuhyun was.
 
"Nope," he smiled. "Just came to say hello."
 
"You're sweet," replied Hankyung and looked at Heechul. "I should probably wake him up," he sighed. "but he's so beautiful when he doesn't go all y and order me around the whole day..."
 
Sungmin grinned and was about to say something, when suddenly Heechul opened his eyes.
 
"Yah, I heard that Chinaman," he said. 
 
Sungmin decided that he didn't want to be a witness of what'd happen next, so he only waved them goodbye, sending Hankyung a comforting smile. Poor guy.
 
After he visited their manager's and Shindong's room and found it empty, he felt like crying. Where the hell could popular idol singer disappear like that?
 
"ARGHHHH!" He shouted frustrated.
 
"Hyung?" Suddenly Siwon came into the dorm. "What's up?
 
"Maybe you have seen that stupid game addict somewhere? I've been looking for him for hours!"
 
Siwon looked at him surprised.
 
"Sure, he's outside, picking flowers I think?"
 
Sungmin raised his eyebrows. "Kyuhyun? Flowers?"
 
"I know, right?"
 
Frankly, Sungmin didn't believe Siwon at all. Because, Kyuhyun? Flowers? But since he didn't have better ideas anyway, he went out and once outside, he froze. There he was. Kyuhyun. With a flower bouquet in his hand. Bending over to pick another one. KYUHUYN. Sungmin couldn't believe his own eyes and he stood there, waiting to be noticed.
 
"Minnie!" Exclaimed Kyuhyun, surprised. "What are you doing here?"
 
"What are YOU doing here?" replied Sungmin.
 
"Uhh, I'm..."
 
"Why didn't you pick up your phone?"
 
"Oh, it must have died, I had low battery the whole day," Kyuhyun shrugged. Sungmin stared at him.
 
"Anyway! Minnie, happy anniversary!" he grinned and stuck out his hand with the bouquet in it. "Those are--"
 
"Don't you 'happy anniversary' me!" Sungmin cut him off. "I've been searching for you for HOURS and you just went to pick some flowers?! You think a bunch of irises is going to make me forgive you?"
 
Kyuhyun seemed thoroughly surprised. He pouted a little. "How do you know those are irises? I thought you didn't know a thing about flowers," he said, sulking.
 
Sungmin gaped at him.
 
"But you don't know what they mean, right?" Kyuhyun grinned again. "I had hard time, thinking of which flowers I should pick. Irises are the symbol of love and grace and beauty, so I chose them because I love you more than anything, because your grace cannot be expressed with words and because there is no one and nothing more beautiful than you in the world," he said and hugged Sungmin tightly. 
 
The latter, whose anger had been fading away with each word falling from his mouth, hugged him back and hid his face in the crook of Kyuhyun's neck.
 
"God, Kyu, you're making it so hard to be mad at you," he muttered softly. "Now come on up because first, it's freaking cold here and second, all this ual frustration caused by our lovely members won't release itself," he said and dragged Kyuhyun and his bouquet of irises to their bedroom.
 
When an hour later he heard the members banging into their doors and shouting for them to be quiet, he only smirked and bit Kyuhyun's shoulder, causing him to moan louder. 
 
Serves you right, he thought and smiled with satisfaction.
 
______
 
over 1400 words of nonsense, don't ask, I don't even =.='
terribly sorry for this part, that's the only thing I could come up with  OTL