11. Wind Chimes

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

EunHae + IDEK how to call it all, PG-13, 1774

______

 

"...and we can hang wind chimes here, you know, for the good energy to come to our dorm," babbled Donghae excitedly about something Hyukjae didn't really care enough to actually listen to him.
 
Donghae's eyes were wandering back and forth, to the left and to the right and he looked like he didn't know where to start putting his plan into life.
 
"We should take this drawer and place it in the corner," Hyukjae nodded and turned the page of the 'One Piece' manga he was reading for the seventh time this year. "and push this table a little to the left," another nod from Hyukjae. 
 
Donghae looked around his boyfriend's room.
 
"But those shelves with your mangas," he started. "we really need to throw them away."
 
"Eh?" Hyukjae finally looked at him. "Why do we need to do that? They're mine!"
 
"Hyukkie!" Donghae pouted. "Were you even listenning to me? They're ruining the chakras in your room and it has an impact on the whole dorm's life, that's why we argue so much lately."
 
Hyukjae gaped at him. "Because of my mangas?"
 
"Yes," Donghae nodded. "Feng Shui clearly says you need to get rid of it and that we need to make all those changes I was talking about earlier, and then all of our little problems will be gone!"
 
"Hae-ah, you really shouldn't do it, the members won't..." Hyukjae paused and sighed. What was the point of trying to discourage Donghae from one of his genius ideas anyway? Not like he'd understand it. "...nevermind. Just remember that I am not taking part in this."
 
The dancer shut his manga, stood up and left his room.
 
Donghae shrugged and rolled up his sleeves. He had a lot of work to do.
 
 
***
 
 
After two hours of pushing, pulling, dragging and tugging, Donghae could finally say he did everything he could to provide Super Junior members a Feng Shui-friendly space of living and he honestly couldn't wait to see their reactions. Too bad they all had late schedules today, oh well, he'll just wait for them here and maybe close his eyes for a second or two...
 
He dreamed about Kangin hyung shouting something which sounded like "What the hell is this couch doing in the centre of the kitchen?!" and Ryeowookie stuttering about "where have the fridge disappeared?" and someone shushing them and explaining something with quiet voice. Donghae could swear he heard his own name but it had to be only a dream because his Hyukkie couldn't laugh so evilly in real life, could he. Yeah, he thought sleepily, just a dream.
 
He woke up to a warm body pressed next to his and an arm lying loosely on his waist, long hair brushing over his cheek.
 
"Hyukkie..." Donghae smiled and snuggled closer to him, using his hand to close the gap between them, because oh how much he loved their morning cuddling. But, why was Hyukjae suddenly so tall? And not so horribly slim anymore? And where did the strawberry scent go? And why--
 
"Hyung," said some deep and terribly-not-Hyukjae-voice before this not-Hyukjae-someone began to brush Donghae's hair with his hand.
 
"Aaaah!" Donghae's eyes shot open with shock as he pushed away whoever it was that was hugging him, tried to stand up but got tangled in the sheets and the other's limbs and... eventually he landed on the floor. 
 
Rubbing his sore head and trying to count the stars he was seeing right above it, Donghae glanced at his bed. "Kyu?"
 
"Hyung, why did you hit me," sulked Kyuhyun and massaged his elbow. Donghae was about to say that it was rather his elbow that had hit him, but after hearing the maknae's next words, he found himself unable to form a proper sentence. "You shouldn't hurt the one you love."
 
"Eeee... Uhm, whh... Huh?" he finally voiced out, which was supposed to mean: 'what do you mean love, where is Sungmin-hyung and where is my Hyukkie?'.
 
Suddenly Kyuhyun leaned over him. "Come on here, give me my morning kiss, hyung."
 
"Stop!" shrieked Donghae desperately, finally finding his words again. "What are you doing in my bed!"
 
Kyuhyun smiled darkly.
 
"You mean you don't remember...?"
 
"I don't remember what!" he was beginning to feel seriously scared now. What was happening to the maknae?!
 
Kyuhyun's smile only got wider when he stood up, wrapped himself in the blanket and slowly started to walk out of the room.
 
"I don't remember what!" shouted Donghae again. "Kyuhyun-ah!"
 
When the latter still didn't respond and instead disappeared in the hall, Donghae decided to forget the incident. Yes, this had never happened, he woke up alone and... Suddenly he tripped over something and furrowed his eyebrows, seeing a chair where it was not supposed to be. Then his face lit up. Right! The Feng Shui rearrangement of their dorm, he's got to see if anything changed in the members' behaviour!
 
With much better mood and almost having managed to push the stupid morning incident out of his mind, Donghae stepped into the living room and froze.
 
There, at the kitchen table that he had dragged to the room the day before, were sitting Kangin and Yesung and it wouldn't be anything weird hadn't they been dangerously close to making out! Yesung was seated comfortably at his hyung's laps and had his head on Kangin's shoulder at such an angle that he managed to look the elder in his eyes.
 
"Wha... ugh, yhh... he?" said Donghae, which obviously had the same meaning as 'What is wrong with all of you today?!'.
 
Kangin threw him an impatient glance.
 
"Wanted anything?"
 
"I..."
 
"Donghae-ah, we're in the middle of something if you didn't notice," said Yesung. "So could you just... go away?"
 
"Besides," added Kangin. "I think I saw Kyuhyun seeking you."
 
That seemed to work as Donghae glanced nervously behind him and seeing no Kyuhyun in the hall, he decided to find some safe area. Both from obviously crazy maknae and his even more crazy hyungs.
 
Walking to their leader's room, he couldn't stop himself from thinking. What could have changed the members so much? I mean, yesterday they had been almost boringly normal (if one could use that word to describe Super Junior), and today, all of sudden?
 
The accented almost-moan stopped Donghae from barging into Eeteuk's room without knocking. Something weird was happening and he should be more careful with what he was doing. He banged on the door with all his strength.
 
"Hyung!" he shouted. "Hyung, open up!"
 
The doors opened a little and the leader peeked outside. His hair was messed, his face flushed and as far as Donghae could see, he had no shirt on. Donghae closed his eyes. God, it had to be those Aliens' doing, they had finally landed on the Earth and were taking their revenge on people, messing with their minds and...
 
"Hyung," said Donghae calmly. "Just tell me who's with you? And don't lie that it's Kangin hyung, cause I've seen him in the living room, with... I mean," he sighed. "It might be a shock to you but I think Kangin hyung is cheating on you with Yesung hyung and I'm so sorry, I know what you feel, because--"
 
"Who's that?" the same accented voice from earlier cut him off. "Come back to me, hyung, now."
 
Eeteuk threw a look behind himself. "I'll be right there, Hankyung-ah."
 
Donghae had thought his shock couldn't be greater, he had thought nothing could surprise him now but after discovering the indentity of the other one in Eeteuk's room, he knew he had been wrong. NOW nothing could surprise him more, because, Hankyung hyung? THIS Hankyung hyung? The Chinese man, head over heels for Heechul hyung? Suddenly a thought crossed Donghae's mind and he turned around, not sparing Eeteuk a single look. Heechul hyung. He'll be devastated.
 
As it turned out, Heechul was faaaaaaar from being even remotely close to the term 'devastated'. He was way too busy eating Henry's face up alive and ignoring the shiver that ran through him at the sight ("dear God, he's so young!!") Donghae decided to be brave this time. He had nothing to worry about, he was Heechul's favorite dongsaeng after all and he really, really needed to know what was going on.
 
"Heechul hyung?" he tried quietly.
 
No reaction. 
 
"Heechul hyung!" he said louder and this time Heechul actually broke away from Henry who looked incredibly grateful for that.
 
"What, sweetie?" replied Heechul looking at Donghae dangerously. "Do you know that Kyuhyun have been searching for you the whole morning? He seemed pretty worked up if you ask me."
 
Donghae shook his head.
 
"I know, he.. I think he went crazy. I think all of you have," he glanced at Heechul. "And to top of that I can't find Hyukkie!"
 
"So?"
 
"Heechullie hyung... Can you tell me what's going on? Why is everyone acting so strangely?"
 
Suddenly Heechul narrowed his eyes. "Yah, why are you asking me, aren't I acting weird, too?"
 
"Hm?" marveled Donghae innocently. "No, why?"
 
Heechul groaned.
 
"He knew you'd say that," he mumbled. "I hate you all."
 
The dancer sighed and turned around to exit yet another room without any clue of the whole situation's reasons.
 
"By the way," called Heechul after him. "Go to the bathroom, there's something you might want to see."
 
Donghae directed his steps to the bathroom, sinking deep in his thoughts. When he yet again tripped over the chair which wasn't there last time, everything occured to him. Of course! How could he have been so stupid! It's those wind chimes' fault! And all that Feng Shui changes! But wait, isn't it a good thing? After all, he did it for them to argue less and now they did! It wasn't exactly what he had wished for, but hey, nobody's perfect, they could learn to live like that, the biggest enemies being the greatest lovers now.
 
Donghae smiled to his thoughts and opened the bathroom door.
 
"Sungminnie hyung?" he asked surprised, switching on the light. "Why are you sitting here in the darkness all al--" Donghae froze and rubbed his eyes.
 
Was it..? Naah, not possible. He shook his head. But this hair...
 
"Hyukkie..?" 
 
The figure moved a little and finally Donghae could see his lover embracing someone who was not himself and his cheek lovingly. Sungmin smiled nervously.
 
"Yah! Lee Hyukjae!" shouted Donghae angrily. "What do you think you're doing, huh? Come on here RIGHT THIS INSTANT!"
 
He pushed Sungmin aside and pulled Hyukjae to himself.
 
"Leave Sungmin hyung alone now, and help me with getting this sofa back to its place, will you! And where did you put those mangas of yours? They're going back onto your shelves!"
 
Having only the thoughts of killing the whoever-it-was who invented Feng Shui, Donghae failed to notice Hyukjae and Sungmin grinning at each other and high-fiving.
 
"Sure honey, I'm coming!"
 
The dorm changed back in a record time of twenty minutes and Donghae never got to know how it was even possible when he had spent two whole hours of arranging it. Well, maybe it was for the better after all.
 
______
 
Trololol, big thanks for EverlastingShawol who helped me to come up with a plot :D And I know, I'm awesome, I just finished writing it, like 10 minutes before midnight and it's not proof readed yet, but I'll do it tomorrow since right now I am dying to go to sleep. Like. Seriously *yawn* so sorry for any typos (i'm sure there's A LOT of them -.-)
 
Also, this was the longest one. I feel like I'll have to rewrite it someday and make it something around 4 or 5 thousands of words because now it feels kinda rushed, don't you think? And I had other small ideas for this one, just didn't want to go over 2k :P
I hope you like it anyway ^^ As always, thank you so much for supporting me in my challenge <3
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v
 
EDIT: re-read, the whole lot of mistakes fixed and I love you all youhave no idea *3*