18. Night

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

KyuMin-ish?, PG, 1570

______

 

"Don't go to the basement, don't go to the---"
 
"AAAAAAAAHHH!"
 
"And she went to the basement," sighed Hyukjae, patting Donghae on the head. "Hey, you can look now, she's already dead."
 
"Yeah," smirked Kyuhyun from his spot on the floor. "And her insides are all over the room, and the guy in that bloody mask is-- ouch!" he threw an offended glance towards Heechul who waved at him innocently. "That hurt!"
 
"It was supposed to, I told you not to tease Donghae when he's scared," snorted Heechul.
 
He, Hankyung, Kyuhyun, Hyukjae, Sungmin and Donghae gathered together this evening and decided they were bored to death. Sungmin and Hankyung said no to gaming suggested by Kyuhyun, Hyukjae and Heechul while Kyuhyun, Hyukjae and Heechul said no to going out suggested by Sungmin. Heechul suggested internet shopping which resulted in the other five strongly shaking their heads (in the end it had to be Hankyung who persuaded Heechul not to as they didn't have much money lately anyway). 
 
Finally Donghae said something like "hey, let's watch some alien movie!" which somehow transormed into "hey, let's do a Horror Movie Night!" and since the only opposing one was Sungmin (who was too nice to be a party pooper so he kept silent), they decided to do just that.
 
Ten minutes and two dead bodies later, Sungmin excused himself, saying that he wanted to finish his book tonight and no, his face wasn't green at all.
 
Half an hour after that, Donghae's fear became too big for Hyukjae to take it, so he sighed and led his boyfriend to his room. He knew Donghae wasn't going to fall asleep away from his tonight.
 
When the first movie ended, Heechul started yawning.
 
In the middle of the second horror, Hankyung stated he had enough and he's going to sleep. (Besides, they didn't let him show them an awesome Chinese film, so it was their fault really.) Heechul didn't hear him though since he had passed out somewhere between the knife and the ax.
 
Second film ended and Kyuhyun found himself being the only one who had actually watched it.
 
"Hyung," he said. Heechul only snored louder. "Heechul-ah!"
 
"Yah! It's hyung-nim for you, you obnoxious, rude... oh," Heechul looked around half consciously. "Where are the others?"
 
Kyuhyun shrugged.
 
"They went to read/sleep/have , your guess who went to do what. Anyway, are we watching the next one?" he asked, standing up to play another dvd.
 
"Wait." Heechul stopped him. "The movies are just too damn boring. Not scary at all."
 
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. "Only because they are not about some fashion terrorist, who wears pink shirt to red pants, doesn't mean they're not scary!"
 
Getting only an exaggerated, disgusted shiver as a reply, Kyuhyun sighed.
 
"Fine. What do you suggest then?"
 
Smirk appeared on Heechul's face.
 
"So, Kyuhyunnie, let me tell you a dark, dark story, that happened fifteen years ago..."
 
"You're not serious, are you."
 
"...in the exactly same room we're in now. It's a story about a girl, who had lost her parents when she was a few months old and she had lived only because of a nice old lady that had taken her from her own baby cot." 
 
Heechul's voice was low and serious and, if Kyuhyun had to be perfectly honest, it was quite scary, too. The fact that the room was dark and the only source of light was the moon outside, didn't exactly help either. The maknae looked around himself nervously.
 
"That old lady told the girl to call her 'nanny' and she was getting incredibly angry if the child called her anything else. As the girl grew up, she started to notice all the small weird behaviors of the old woman, and started to suspect her of having some big, dark secret."
 
Shiver ran through Kyuhyun's body. Maybe he chould join Sungmin in their room now? But no. Heechul would think of him as a coward which he wasn't. Besides, it was just a story anyway.
 
"One night, the girl looked into her nanny's room even though the lady had asked her not to, in hours near the midnight. The girl did though, and what she saw had her running into her room and locking herself up. The image of her nanny putting a new face onto hers one played in the girl's head the whole night. She came to the simple conclusion - her nanny was a monster. And she had to get rid of the monster as soon as possible."
 
Kyuhyun was sitting on needles now. One sudden move and he would pass out from all the nervous atmosphere. The only thing he wanted was for Heechul to just stop whispering. But he did want to know what happened in the end, so he kept silent. 
 
Heechul's smirk widened as he saw how fidgety Kyuhyun was.
 
"The girl took a kitchen knife and waited for the old lady to enter this room," he pointed at the door behind himself. "And then... I won't get into drastic details. I'll just say, the room was really bloody afterwards. After the girl calmed herself, she noticed the lady had something hidden in her hand. When she managed to take it, it turned out it was a piece of paper, after reading which she almost had a heart attack, but it wouldn't matter anyway, since she hung herself here. On this chandelier right above us."
 
Heechul paused and the silence surrounded the room.
 
"So," why was Kyuhyun's voice so scratchy? He cleared his throat. "I mean, so, ehm, what was written on that.. paper?"
 
Heechul waved his hand. "Oh, doesn't matter, I probably shouldn't tell you, you'll never be able to sit comfortably in this room, and your room as well, since, uh, I forgot to tell you, the nanny's room was in the same place yours and Sungmin's is."
 
"Hyung!" Kyuhyun whined. "Just tell me already."
 
"You sure?" a nod. "Okay, it turned out that the lady had been her own grandma who was supposed to be dead for twenty years already. Actually, she was dead, she even had a grave in the near cemetery. The note said: 'I'm sorry for dying. Don't blame yourself. We'll meet soon. - your nanny'. When the police entered the flat the next day, they found a body of a few months old baby hanging from the ceiling and a pile of ashes on the floor. Right where you're sitting."
 
Kyuhyun momentarily stood up.
 
"I- Yeah. That's great story, hyung. I think, we should, you know, go to sleep. Morning schedule. Yeah, so," he looked up at the ceiling, then at his smirking hyung. "Goodnight." 
 
And he scrurried to his room, not bothering to take a bath and just hopped into his bed. Was is Heechul's laughter he was hearing? No. Anyway. He should be asleep now. How much time have passed? Two hours, ate least. He threw a glance at the clock. Two minutes. Okay, nothing to worry about. He'll be asleep in a matter of seconds, he was so tired after all the watching.
 
Kyuhyun looked at the other side of room. Should he...? Nahh, Sungmin was as tired as he was, he won't be happy about waking him up.
 
Suddenly he heard a weird creaking sound and flinched. Ugh, stupid Heechul and his stupid stories that couldn't even be true because this building had been built nine years ago, not fifteen for God's sake! He breathed deeply.
 
"Kyuhyunnie?" great, now he did wake Sungmin up. 
 
He felt guilty that some part of himself (and it wasn't a small one) was glad he did.
 
"Are you awake?" Sungmin whispered hesitantly.
 
"Uhm.. yeah."
 
"Is anything wrong?"
 
"..no." No matter how stupidly scared he was, he shouldn't deprive his Minnie sleep when they had so little time for it anyways. It was his fault to listen to Heechul in the first place.
 
"You're lying once again, Kyu," murmured Sungmin, his voice still sleepy. "You know you can't lie to me."
 
Maybe if he's quiet for a while, Sungmin will think he fell asleep? One sleepless night won't harm him. The make up noonas can do wonders after all. Yeah, that's a good plan.
 
Too bad it failed anyway.
 
"Kyu. I know you're not sleeping." Finally Sungmin moved. "Come on here."
 
"But..."
 
"Now."
 
Warmth instantly spread in Kyuhyun's chest when he climbed onto Sungmin's bed and embraced the elder. Sungmin purred and nuzzled his nose into Kyuhyun's neck. The maknae could finally relax again.
 
"Will you tell me what scared you so much?" whispered Sungmin almost inaudibly and Kyuhyun felt he could fully pretend he didn't hear it and have a good excuse to having do so later.
 
So he didn't answer.
 
"I know you're awake, Kyu, but whatever. Sleep all you want now. Love you."
 
"You too," he murmured before he could stop himself. 
 
Sungmin smiled and kissed his neck lightly.
 
The next morning Kyhyun's day started with a cheerful: "So what were you afraid of yesterday, Kyu?" which only made him so embarassed he wanted to drown himself in the shower. Okay, maybe he wanted to do that because he was stinking, too. In any case, he failed.
 
"I was not scared Minnie," he answered, seeing his hyung open his mouth. "I had just a bad night, is all."
 
"I don't believe you, Kyu~" Sungmin pouted. "Why won't you tell me? I just want to help you."
 
"Then kindly murder Heechul hyung..." he mumbled, entering the living room. "Speaking of the devil where is h-- AAAAAAAAH!"
 
What was that baby doing in front of his face?! Why was it hanging?! What the actual hell has just happened?! Why...
 
Suddenly he heard an evil laugh.
 
"Not scared at all, huh?" laughed Heechul maniacally.
 
Kyuhyun groaned.
 
"I hate you all. And we're NEVER watching horrors EVER again."
 
______
 
Hiii, it's me again ^^ With the story this time :D
Thank you all for your patience ;** It's not proof readed, so there surely is a looot of typos but I don't have any strength to fix them now, I'll do it tomorrow, kay?
I hope you like it ;] The scary story... I know it's not scary at all, but I at those things. I had shivers while writing it though :p
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v
 
EDIT: ok, the huge and blatant mistakes are fixed now :)