25. Path

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

KyuMin, PG-13, 1032

______

 

Life always offers you a choice. Whatever you do, wherever you go, there is only a tiny, minimal prospect of meeting a situation when you aren’t given a possibility to decide on your fate. Whether you make it good or wrong – it depends on you and on you only.

The boy knew it and understood it very well; moreover, he practically made it his life motto but that, unfortunately, didn’t make his current problem any easier to solve, not a bit.

He shivered nervously, eying two paths in front of him. Only on the surface did they seem to be identical, but he knew better of that. He was aware that one of them was scaring off the intruders with its traps and ambushes, with the darkness so thick you could hang an axe in it with a certainty of it not falling down, and with surroundings at the merely thought of which one looked away… Right in the direction of the other path.

This one looked a lot more friendly. It was brighter and it was straight. Its end was a given, too, even if it wasn’t exactly visible from the boy’s spot.

There was the temptation to just take the easier way! To not think about it and just go! Without worrying about anything else and without the obvious risk of failing. It would have been so simple!

Right when he was about to make the first step, his eyes longingly drawn to the light in the front, he suddenly felt second thoughts creeping their way into the back of his mind.

What if THIS is a trap? What if he’s going to regret it later? What if it turns out it was worth to take the risk after all and benefit much more from that? What if…?

The boy shook his head. God, why can’t he just be a man and decide already! He’s in hurry for crying out loud! He shouldn’t waste his precious time now, the others count on him!

“Okay,” He whispered and looked right, then left, then right again to make sure he’s alone. “I have an aim, no one will have the right to judge me…” And with closed eyes he chose to go left.

 

 

“NOOOOO!!!” An excruciating scream cut the unusually peaceful silence in the living room of Super Junior’s dorm.

The members who were lucky enough to have an evening off today looked at each. Then the glances shifted wordlessly onto a boy lying there without any reaction and watching some drama in tv.

“Minnie,” Eeteuk started.

“No.”                                                                                                                                                                

The leader glanced dismayed at the rest and silence engulfed them once again until they heard small sobs leaving one of the rooms.

“But Minnie…”

Sungmin sighed, tearing his eyes off the screen finally. “Hyung. He has to do this alone, you know that as much as I’d love to, we can’t help him now.”

“Still…” Eeteuk bit his lip.

The younger looked around the room where everyone suddenly seemed to be incredibly busy. Kibum hid himself behind a huge volume of an English book and next to him a very seriously looking Eunhyuk focused all hi attention on every single hair of Donghae’s, who suddenly turned out to be deep gone to his own little dreamland.

“Seriously now.” Sungmin deadpanned. Then he met his leader’s eyes and groaned. “Fine! I’ll go. But you’re doing the dishes tomorrow,” he added childishly and left the living room, preparing himself mentally for what was awaiting him.

 

 

“Kyu?” Kyuhyun heard Sungmin opening the door. “Are you okay?”

He sobbed a little harder at the concern evident in his hyung’s voice. Damn, he did nothing to deserve it! He was weak and unworthy of his friends.

Suddenly a warm sensation spread in his heart when he felt small hand oh-so-lightly wiping the ugly tears from his cheek.

“Min,” he croaked. God he felt so pathetic. One wrong choice and look where it got him! He should have rethink it that one more time instead of putting all on one card! “I’m so stupid.”

“Of course you’re not.” Sungmin patted his shoulder, maneuvering the younger near him so that he could hold him from behind.

“Am too.” Kyuhyun said stubbornly.

“Are not. And even if you were – what do you always tell us about it, hm?”

Kyuhyun kept quiet. He hated it sometimes, that his hyung knew him this well.

Even at my worst condition I’m still two times smarter than all of you, aren’t those your own words? Always said without any respect?”

Kyuhyun couldn’t help but chuckle a little upon hearing Sungmin’s last sentence.

“Will you tell me what happened?” Asked the elder gently.

Maknae dried his face on Sungmin’s shirt to prolong what he was going to say at least a while longer. “Ah, it’s… ehm. It’s nothing actually, I just, eee, t-took a wrong path. Made a wrong decision, is all.”

“Aw, Kyu, you know you can always talk to me, don’t you?”

Kyuhyun felt his frustration leave him as hot lips landed on his temple in comfort. He turned his head a little so he could wholly meet his boyfriend’s full of concern face. The feeling of Sungmin’s warm breath made Kyuhyun forget his problems completely as he gave in to what his senses had been screaming for him to do for a while now, and connected their souls through a careful and tender kiss leaving them both speechless and the innocence of it.

“I love you Min,” Kyuhyun whispered and his usual smirk, if a bit weaker than always, was back. “But about that talking… I could think of a better way to use our mouths in.” He said before pinning the elder to his bed completely.

 

 

Outside of the room, with ears glued to the door, four pairs of eyes looked at each other, half relieved and half flushed at the couple’s actions.

“We really have to throw those game of his away.” Eeteuk stated finally, looking back at the wooden doors. “So, who’s going to be the brave one and… Guys?” he turned around suspicious of the silence, only to find himself being the only living object within nearest two meters.

The leader rolled his eyes. “Yeah, ‘brave’, right. Gosh, they always do that to me! Bunch of coward chickens.”

 

 

“By the way,” Sungmin added tiredly an hour later. “I love you too.”

 

______

 

Back to the original order? ;> Yayy, only five more stories to go! :D Or is it not 'yayy'? I can't really decide ^^'' 
Anyway, I felt like writing a short one shot today, so here you are~ (Told ya I was going to finish this xD)
 
Do I have to inform you how much I love you all? Nope? I thought so, it's quite obvious, eh? <3 
We'll keep in touch guyss!
 

~love, puppysauruss ^-^v