22. Fire

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

KyuMin, PG, 1102

______

 

The very first person Sungmin bumped into when he was trying to get to his room (the only thing present in his mind being something along the lines of: "Beddie... Comfy... Sleep... Sheep, one hundred and five, one hundred and six..."), was Shindong. If Sungmin could bring himself to care about anything in the world right then, he would have stopped to ask what was wrong and why was Shindong in so much hurry, after all it wasn't a usual thing for the dancer to frown in distaste and leave the dorm while shaking his head, but as we know, Sungmin's foggy brain was not able to register such nuances and so he just blinked, bowed apologetically and stepped out of his hyung's track.
 
His mind did however wake up a little at the sight of a huge grin on Kibum's face when the actor opened the door for him, because what the hell? Kibum never grinned like that unless such expression had been included into the script of whatever drama he would be doing and Sungmin knew for sure that the younger boy wasn't in the midst of shooting anything, because then he wouldn't have even seen him in the first place, as he would have been hidden in some dark corner 'contemplating his character'. Kibum had been always telling them it was called 'dedication' for the job. Personally, Sungmin would say it was simply an obsession but it's not like he was going to ever voice that out. He'd rather live, thank you very much.
 
Taking all that into account, the expression on Kibum's face couldn't mean anything good.
 
"Hi Kibummie, what's up?" he said carefully.
 
"Hi hyung," the other replied and when it was obvious he had finished, Sungmin rolled his eyes. Okay, the fact that Kibum was grinning was not going to magically make him talk more all of sudden, what was he even expecting.
 
"Anything happened?"
 
Kibum shrugged, odd smile still present on his face, before turning around to join Siwon on the couch.
 
Sungmin eyed them suspiciously just for the good measure and then his mind returned to counting the sheep. And reminding him of the comfy bed that was waiting for him in the room, where... Donghae and Hyukjae went out of, laughing their asses off? 
 
The singer shook his head and blinked, but no, he wasn't seeing things because of the utter exhaustion, the childish duo was still there.
 
"Did you see it? They were all in--"
 
"--in fire! God, he's doomed now!" Donghae giggled. They stepped into the hall, jabbing each other and sticking out their tongues.
 
"Ehm."
 
"Oh hi hyung!" exclaimed Donghae excitedely, Hyukjae still chuckling. "You're going to bed?"
 
"I--" Sungmin started.
 
"I wouldn't do that if I were you," interrupted him Eunhyuk happily and nudged his friend who instantly nodded his head to the extent of almost breaking his neck.
 
"Yeah, it's dangerous!"
 
Sungmin raised his eyebrows, sheep long forgotten. "Huh?"
 
"It is! There's fire in there and if you cherish your eyes,"
 
"-don't go to this room." Finished Donghae and made a rather failed attempt to mimick his eyes falling out of their sockets.
 
"FIRE?!" Sungmin's eyes widened. ("Wow, hyung, you're so much better at it! Look Hyukkie, he looks as if his eyes were really going to jump out!") "Then why are we standing here like that?! Call the firefighters!"
 
Eunhae looked at themselves and bursted into unctrollable laughter.
 
"Y-yeah! T-that's a pretty g-good idea actually, huh, Hae?" Hyukjae managed to stutter at which Donghae laughed even louder and a single tear appeared on his cheek.
 
"G-good luck, hyung!" he stammered, wiping his face with one hand, the other gripping Eunhyuk's shirt. "W-we'll go get the phone now!"
 
Sungmin watched in complete confussion as they made their way to the living room, stumbling and falling onto each other.
 
After experiencing those weird little incidents (which he was going to throw out of his head this instant - as soon as he made sure nothing was actually on fire of course), Sungmin was prepared to see everything, from the giraffe in the centre of his room, to the walls being colored to black, everything.
 
Apart from that.
 
"K-Kyu?"
 
The orange mass of hair visible from behind the chair moved but Sungmin didn't get any reply.
 
"Is that you?"
 
The orange bush shook and Sungmin narrowed his eyes as he was blinded by the intensity of the colour, multiplied by early rays of sunshine.
 
"Stop that and just turn around would you," he whined a little annoyed.
 
Sungmin heard a heavy sigh and gasped when the orange stain on top of a very angry Kyuhyun faced him. He felt the glare as if it was material.
 
"K-Kyu, you..."
 
"Say anything about fire and I'll never have with you ever again," growled the maknae. "I've heard enough of that from those idiots just a while ago." he pulled a face.
 
The older boy tried and failed to hide the grin making its way onto his face. He coughed. "But, uhhh, I mean, ehm, how did it happen? If you wanted a change, you should have discussed it with me first! Or, you know, at least with Heechul hyung, he would hav--"
 
"Don't you dare speaking of that devil when you're with me," groaned Kyuhyun. "It's all his fault!"
 
The only response from Sungmin was widening his eyes once again.
 
"Yeah, he... He waltzed in here saying some rubbish about tasting this new look he wanted to make himself and how I was the maknae and it was my duty to help him, and hey, he's my hyung, so I didn't protest... much." he stopped. "Besides, I was winning against that motherer who I had been fighting with for over two hours!" he bursted suddenly.
 
Sungmin couldn't help the laugh that escaped his moouth.
 
"So basically, you didn't even notice Heechul hyung at all, and you didn't even pay attention to what was being done to your hair because you were playing?" he could understand EunHae's behaviour now. "That's stupid, even for you."
 
"Shut up."
 
"But you know, you actually look hot now," Sungmin raised one eyebrow and looked Kyuhyun straight in the eyes.
 
Kyuhyun eyed him suspiciously. "I do?"
 
"Yeah, you're just firing me up!"
 
The maknae groaned and threw himself onto his bed. Sungmin sat beside him, enjoying teasing him too much.
 
"I'd say I'm afraid of touching you even..."
 
Kyuhyun hid his face in the pillow.
 
"...cause I could burn down from your hottness." Sungmin grinned.
 
"...God, I hate you so much."
 
Which didn't stop him from actually hugging the snuggling bunny about an hour later, when they were lying together in bed.
 
"But you know Kyu, you could be literally called Flaming Charisma now, like our Minho, which makes sense since he's a part of your Kyu-li--"
 
"Just shut up," he growled and embraced his stupidly giggling hyung tighter.
 
______
 
Guess who's back? ^-^'' Now the ones who thought I won't update it again, raise your hands! :p Okay, I failed the 30 days challenge, but I intend on finishing the rest of the stories anyway, I hope you'll stay with me :))
 
Credits for this chapter's theme go all to my sis, who's probably not gonna read it anyway, but who cares, she's awesome xD
 
PS. lol, I keep making Kyu suffer, now tell me, why don't I feel bad about it? >:D
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v