10. Rice

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

HanChul, PG, 1673

______

 

"Hyung. Hyung! HYUNG!!!"
 
Heechul woke up from his trans to someone poking his ribs mercilessly.
 
"What," he glared at his dongsaeng.
 
"You've been spacing out again," Hongki rolled his eyes. "Also, you're sipping from empty glass, I thought you'd like to know that."
 
"Psh, what are you talking about, I would know if I... oh." Heechul looked down at his glass. Empty indeed. "So I just need a new one, excuse me, another glass here please!" he shouted to the bartender.
 
"God, hyung, you're going to end up drunk again and really, your dorm is too far, you are too heavy and I am too poor to call a taxi for you. Also," he added, seeing his hyung opening his mouth. "My members won't be willing for you to stay in our dorm, after what you did last time."
 
"It was just a carpet anyway," Heechul muttered. If he wanted, then he could drink as much as he could afford, and that meant a lot. It was all because of this stupid Chinaman again, he was being an annoying brat lately, and please, everyone knew that it was pretty much Heechul's role in their relationship. Hankyung was--
 
"Wait a second," said Heechul suddenly with a low voice. "You did not just call me fat, did you?" he glared at Hongki, who only shrugged. "I'll show you fat, you.. you dumpling!"
 
"Oooh, hyung, that was low. Care to tell me what's eating you enough to drag me to the bar at 3 am and have me watching your getting drunk?"
 
Right, the stupid Chinaman and his stupid behaviour and his stupid attention that wasn't on Heechul at all ever since the beginning of this week! Who did he think he was to ignore Heechul like that? Who did he think he was to mutter some stupid Chinese phrases under his nose when he knew Heechul wouldn't understand them? Who did he think he was to--
 
"Heechul hyung, you're crushing the bottle." Hongki found it necessary to voice out his observation.
 
"Who's crushing, I'm not crushing on anyone! Everyone should be crushing on me, I'm the world's space star, Kim Hee- hick! -Heechul."
 
Hongki facepalmed. "Right. Would you just tell me what's the matter?"
 
Heechul eyed him suspiciously and finally sighed. "Hongki-ah," he started. "What do you do when Jonghun's mad at you?"
 
"And what did you do to the poor Chinese this time?"
 
"Nothing!"
 
Hongki raised an eyebrow.
 
"Seriously, nothing at all but he's been ignoring me for days.. and nights!"
 
The vocal of FT Island chuckled. "So it's serious this time, isn't it. Okay, first of all - Jonghunnie is never mad at me, he's a little irritated at most. Second... Hmm, you should probably do something that would surprise Hankyung hyung, like.. wait at him in your bed?"
 
Heechul smirked devilishly. "I thought you said it should be surprising?"
 
"Ugh, I.. right. Nevermind. Something you'd never do then. Maybe make him some food?" Heechul glanced at him skeptically. "It doesn't have to be a cake or anything, something simple will work, like, some rice with chicken? Or no, wait, I actually like your dorms... without chicken. Vegetables should be enough, you're all constantly on diet anyway. So rice with vegetables?"
 
Heechul thought for a moment.
 
Yeah, he could do that... Right after taking a nap here, the chair was way too comfortable to be made of wood, really. It was his last coherent thought before he fell asleep with a head on the table and a small smile on his face.
 
Hongki groaned. "I am NOT carrying you over!"
 
He ended up carrying Heechul to the Super Junior dorms and after climbing up a billion thousands of stairs ("The elevator is broken, we are doing all we can to repair it. Sorry for the inconvenience.") he passed out the same second the doors were opened.
 
 
***
 
 
When the next morning Heechul woke up with a huge hangover, alone in his bed and feeling all his limbs were too heavy to move them even an inch, he swore to himself that he's never going to drink ever again. Like always.
 
He looked around and wondered for a bit how did he come back and why was he in his bed instead of some godforsaken place, but then came to conclusion that he had been just that awesome to actually make it home. It wasn't until Shindong, seeing him coming into kitchen, waved him hello and told him that Hongki asked him to relay Heechul, that he's a horrible hyung and no matter how much older he is, Hongki is never going to drink with him again, and also added something like 'remember about the rice' that Heechul fully remembered last night.
 
He didn't bother with the whole message, since it was just the same as all Hongki's messages after their outings, and instead focused all his attention on the last phrase. Right, the rice.
 
"Do we have any rice?" he asked Shindong, who looked up at him from the bowl of rice he was just eating and shook his head guiltily. "Okay, then is Donghae home?"
 
"Yeah, he's in his room, he's..."
 
"Donghae-ah!" yelled Heechul.
 
"Whaaaat?" he heard sleepy response. After deciding that his hangover was worse than getting Hae's out of bed, he shouted back without any guilt: "I need you for a minute, come to the kitchen!"
 
It turned out Donghae was planning to go to the shop anyway, so Heechul just added some vegetables and rice to his list of groceries and then just happily waited for him to be back and for everybody to go to their schedules as he knew he was the only one with day off.
 
 
***
 
 
D i s a s t e r. That's the word Hankyung would use to describe the state of Sper Junior's kitchen when he was finally allowed to come home. The table was knocked over, the chairs right next to the wall, the paper towel was smoldering a little, there was a bunch of black dishes in the sink and... The Chinese man squinted his eyes. Was that an egg on the ceiling?
 
In the centre of all that chaos, Heechul were standing with a pan in one hand, a package of rice in the other one and with confused look on his face.
 
"Heechul?" asked Hankyung hesitantly.
 
Heechul looked at him, then at the sink, at the table, at his hands and finally again at him- with a creepy smile sneaking to his lips.
 
"Hi Hannie, want to eat something?"
 
"Ehm, what happened here?" he asked ignoring Heechul's absurd offer.
 
"I just... Why are you so cold to meeeee!" whined Heechul suddenly, breaking into tears and sobbing.
 
If Hankyung's eyes widened some more, they would have popped out of its socks.
 
"You're ignoring me, and I just wanted to make you something surprising because lying on the bed didn't help so I got drunk and Hongki said Jonghun's never mad at him," Hankyung was having hard time, trying to understand Heechul's Korean now, especially because he was distracted by the huge tears on his cheeks which was so unlike Heechul that he actually froze and didn't know what he should do in a situation like this.
 
He did the only thing he could think of, and took the pan and the rice away from Heechul's hands. He didn't seem to notice it anyway and Hankyung just got a feeling that it'd be safer that way.
 
"--and that I'm a horrible hyung, so I woke up and sent Donghae to do some shopping which I shouldn't have because he's my favorite dongsaeng and I shouldn't use him like that," Heechul sobbed even harder. "but I did and everyone went out and you didn't even notice that I didn't, so I turned the oven on but then the eggs exploded," he pointed up at the ceiling. "because it turns out, you shouldn't try to fry them with the shells..."
 
"Heechul-ah..."
 
"...and I got so shocked that I ended up knocking over the table...
 
"Chullie..."
 
"...then I decided to just make you the rice only, and that when you're back you can make something to it, but then you just came and I didn't manage to do it in time and I know you must hate me now, I'm such an awful boyfriend it's no wonder you've been avoiding me and talking in Chinese all the time only for me to not be able to understand you.."
 
"Yah! Kim Heechul!" Hankyung finally managed to cut him off.
 
Heechul looked at him, wiping his tears furiously.
 
"Please, talk a little slower," said Hankyung pleadingly. "I am so exhausted you have no idea. I've been thinking hard for the past six days and I don't think I can deal with your fast Korean now."
 
"What? But what were you thinking about..?"
 
"You'd know it if you actually bothered to listen to me sometimes," Hankyung rolled his eyes. "I told you that one of our managers had asked me to come up with some new choreography for the dancing battle which goes next month and that I have to work for it harder than usual because we're going to compete with some good dancers this time."
 
"Huh?"
 
"And also, I thought we agreed that I'm the one that cooks in this dorm and that you promised to never touch kitchen accesories ever again, am I right?"
 
"Oh."
 
"Yeah, oh. Now can you please explain once again what was all that for? This time, slower please and a little more clearly because I still have NO idea why is the kitchen in such state and why did you ever decide to cook."
 
"Oh. I mean. Ehm. Nothing. Nothing at all, I knew it all from the star. Now wait a minute for me, I'm going to kill a certain vocalist and be right back." Heechul suddenly kissed his Chinaman and left him confused in the ruined kitchen.
 
Hankyung shook his head tiredly. What was it all about? He looked around the place and left without sparing it a second glance. He was going to celebrate their new choreo that he had invented two hours ago and what did he hear Heechul saying a little earlier? Waiting in bed? 
 
This doesn't sound like a bad idea, he grinned and opened his room.
 
 
______
 
Okay, I've had an awesome KyuHae idea for it! But ueh, then I thought that maybe I shouldn't mix pairings in this one, because my readers can think of it as a whole story and then it'd appear that Kyu is cheating on Minnie?! Oh nununu, not my bby, I've read too much of those fics thank you very much =.=
So, once again HanChul for you, with special appearance of my farty king, Hongstar! <33
And about that KyuHae, I'll just write it in the future :p
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v