9. Shooting Star

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

KyuMin, PG, 895

______

 

The tradition of Kyuhyun and Sungmin drinking wine together is a strong and long lasting one. Even fans know that if Kyuhyun tweets about a bottle of wine that he bought recently, there will be a tweet from Sungmin with the picture of him and the maknae in a matter of few days, at most.
 
Usually they pick the time when there's noone around, like this one time when Kyuhyun 'had a fever' and Sungmin 'stayed to take care of him' (they had argued about who should be the sick one, as always, since any of them didn't feel like dealing with the overprotective leader, and - as always - Kyuhyun had lost to the argument that "noone will believe you want to stay to help me, Kyu!"), or the other time when Sungmin didn't have any schedule, so he sneaked into Kyuhyun's waiting room at Radio Star shooting, to help the younger 'relax'.
 
It is also proven that the maknae, despite being younger, holds his liquor much much better than Sungmin. Once in some radio program Heechul said that when Sungmin gets drunk, his aegyo level rises to the unbelievably high one, but Kyuhyun would say it was an understatement of the century, simply because Heechul hadn't ever seen Sungmin really drunk.
 
Since Sungmin knew perfectly well that, even though the other members didn't believe that, Kyuhyun would do anything to help him, he didn't have any resistances while drinking with him. Just like today.
 
"Kyuhyuuuunniieee~" he sang cutely.
 
Kyuhyun looked at him affectionately before closing his book, that he had taken some time earlier to busy himself while Sungmin was finishing his last glass of wine, and muttering: "Hmm?"
 
"The bottle is empty~" Sungmin pouted and threw him a hurt-puppy-look as Kyuhyun had taken to call it in his mind.
 
"And thank God it is," he replied. "cause I'm not sure I'd be able to carry you to your bed, I mean, is it me or you've recently gained some weight?"
 
Sungmin pouted even more. "You're so mean to me, Kyu-ah!"
 
Kyuhyun chuckled and they fell silent, Kyuhyun opening back his book and Sungmin looking through the window, at the starry sky above Seoul, and rocking back and forth a little. They sat like this for a while and Kyuhyun was just starting to believe his hyung to have passed out when Sungmin suddenly spoke up.
 
"Kyuhyunnie," he began not tearing his eyes away from the sky. "Have you ever wondered why the sky is black at night? And why are all the stars white while the sun is yellow?"
 
Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. "I didn't have to," he replied. "Because I got to know that in the second grade of primary school, hyung. And so did you."
 
"Oh?" Sungmin finally looked at him. "You mean I know that? But I don't!" he crinkled his nose in confusion.
 
"You'd know if you didn't drink this much," Kyuhyun sighed.
 
"But I didn't drink even half of the bottle," he mumbled in defense. Then glanced outside the window again. "If you know, Kyu, then couldn't you tell me?"
 
The maknae smiled. "I promise you you'll know it as well in the morning, hyung."
 
"Morning won't be nearly as beautiful as the nigh-- Look!" he exclaimed suddenly.
 
"What?"
 
"That was a shooting star! Didn't you see it? Come on here," Sungmin said, reaching behind him and tugging Kyuhyun's sleeve to make him come closer. "And watch, there will be another one!"
 
They waited and waited but there was no other shooting star and Sungmin seemed to sink deep in thoughts all of sudden.
 
"Kyuhyunnie..."
 
"Hm?"
 
"Have you ever wondered why shooting stars are actually called that?"
 
Kyuhyun was fully prepared to reply that's obvious and he should know it, when he realised he actually didn't know that as well. He frowned a little. "What do you mean?"
 
Sungmin touched his chin with a finger thoughtfully. "I mean, they aren't shooting anybody, are they? They would need to have guns but how can a huge ball of gas hold a gun? It's not possible. They should be called falling stars, but then again, what would they be falling from? Kyu?"
 
"I.. ehm, I mean... Don't you have better things to think of?" asked Kyuhyun nervously, making a mental note to check it first thing in the morning because he just hated not being able to answer any question, and especially question from his boyfriend.
 
Sungmin fell silent while Kyuhyun came to conclusion that maybe he should reconsider letting his hyung get drunk so often. And never mind how adorable and cute he was and how much Kyuhyun enjoyed his drunken state company, if he was beginning to actually think about something Kyuhyun had no idea of, then it was surely time to go to sleep. He opened his mouth to voice that out when Sungmin turned to him with curiosity in his eyes.
 
"Kyuhyunnie..."
 
Oh no, there it goes again, thought Kyuhyun with slight fear that he'd never ever admit to anyone.
 
"Hm?"
 
"If I suddenly turned into a shooting star... You know that one should make a wish then, right?" The maknae nodded. "So if I turned into one and you'd be to make a wish, what wish would that be?"
 
Kyuhyun smiled relieved, as he definitely knew answer to this particular question, reached for his lover's hand and intertwined their fingers together.
 
"I'd wish for it to turn back into my Minnie," he replied without any hesitation. "Because I would surely miss you when you're gone." 
 
______
 
Another fluffy KyuMin for all KyuMin shippers :))
As always, thanks for reading, commenting & subscribing <3
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v