19. Day

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

HanChul, PG-13, 1674

______

 

The lights.
 
The music.
 
The overwhelming screams and shoutings.
 
Hangeng bowed for the last time and, not forgetting to wave, he left the stage. Another successful concert, he could be proud of himself, moreover, in that special day... No. Stop, it wasn't any day he was thinking about. Nothing special. And it's not like he woke up battling in his mind about it, to make the call or not to.
 
In the fuss of today's concert he actually managed to forget it, but then his fans would never let him, would they? First row - a poster, middle row - a picture, to the left - a tablet with today's date, to the right - calendar with today's date marked, and so on, for the whole two hours of his concert.
 
Maybe he should call, he thought, walking to his car. He could not mention anything, just talk to him, right? And if it turns out he thought about it, too, then he can say it. That's a good solution.
 
Not. Of course Heechul would quickly see through him, he always did, and he would laugh at him, like he always did. And, it really wasn't anything special, was it. It wasn't even official, it was just something their fans had come up with and they laughed, shook their heads and accepted it, because really, who could win over their fans, anyway?
 
But it was then. When there was actually something like them. When he was a part of them. Here in China, it was a whole different story and Hangeng knew that.
 
Except it wasn't. His fans as always brought the sapphire blue lightsticks with them and, as always, were waving at him with banners of his old pictures with the members, so was it so weird that he couldn't help his heart warming up?
 
Hangeng sighed and rubbed his temples. Too much thinking today, definitely. What was he planning earlier? Oh, yeah, visit his parents. Relax a little. Take a nap, maybe? Right after big, delicious homemade dinner. God, that sounded good.
 
After greeting, hugging, kissing and assuring he was all okay, if a bit hungry, in response to which he was given at least five as much food as he needed, Hangeng's mom told him to go to his room and go to sleep because he looked like death and no, she didn't need any help from a walking corpse, thank you very much, they can talk about it when he starts to actually resemble a human.
 
Refusing to check the internet on his laptop in fear that he'd find more reminders the Day, Hangeng laid on his bed and tried not to think of anything apart from how comfy his bed was, how soft... Maybe he should take it with him to his apartment? He'd finally sleep well and...
 
He woke up to the sound of someone knocking to the front door. Mom will get this, he thought and turned over. But the knocking was still there and it was LOUD and OBNOXIOUS and he could think of one person only who was it both. 
 
Suddenly his eyes shot open. Could it be...? No. Of course not, it was impossible, not with his schedule being so tight he barely had time to tweet sometimes, and it was something when we talk about Kim Heechul.
 
So of course it wasn't him. But who, then?
 
"Yah! Are you going to open or what?!" yelled the all-too-familiar voice from outside.
 
Hangeng stood up and, walking to the door, thought it was insane. He was having halucinations, that's all. It was just not possible, he couldn't--
 
"Yah! You Chinaman, one second more and I'm going back to-- oh," Heechul blinked at the sight of his friend, whose eyes were half open and hair was sticking in all directions. "You were sleeping?"
 
He didn't get any response except from a confused stare.
 
Heechul peeked inside the house and even though his behaviour wasn't exactly indicating it, Hangeng knew he was being a little nervous.
 
"Ehm. Are you going to let me in? Or we'll stay like that for the whole day?" he asked, half-hearted sarcasm in his voice.
 
Suddenly Hangeng's voice seemed to be back. "T-the whole day? Are you staying for the whole day?"
 
The blank look in Heechul's eyes told him he was speaking nonsense. Or Chinese.
 
"I mean," he switched to Korean, the long time not used language tingling his tongue. "You're staying tonight?"
 
Heechul smirked. "Have you forgotten all the Korean? Yes, I am. If you don't mind." he added almost hesitantly.
 
"I-I don't! I mean, I don't mind at all! Come on in, here, I'll take your luggage... Where is your luggage?" Heechul without six hundreds bags? The world's ending.
 
The latter threw him a glance with expression on his face that Hangeng couldn't really read.
 
"What do you think, huh, Chinaman? Ah, never mind, give me some food, I'm starving."
 
"B-but. Won't you tell me why you're here?"
 
Heechul frowned. "Why? Would you rather not see me?" he asked dangerously.
 
Deciding that he'd deal with it later, Hangeng went to the kitchen to make some food. Where was his mom, anyway? Suddenly he heard someone entering the kitchen as well and sitting loudly at the table, after that there was long silence.
 
"Why didn't you call?"
 
Hangeng turned around. "Huh?"
 
"Why didn't you call me. I waited."
 
What should he say now? I thought you didn't care? It is all in the past now? It wasn't ever real in the first place?
 
"I was busy today. Concert." And he didn't lie, not really.
 
Heechul didn't seem to accept that answer. His face darkened, his eyebrows almost started to cover his eyes because of the deep frown and his fingers curled into fists.
 
"You mean, I couldn't sleep ever since the midnight, waiting for your phone, scared that I won't hear it if I fall asleep which resulted in huge dark shadows under my eyes today morning but it was okay, since I knew you were going to call but in the end I waited for nothing, because you were busy? You mean I lied to our members and managers and almost died trying to escape the crazy fans at the airport just to visit you to make sure you're alright and it turns out you just forgot to call because you were busy?! You mean I flew all the way here for nothing at last because you were just busy?!"
 
With every word coming from his mouth, Heechul took one tiny step closer to Hangeng, who shrunk his shoulders.
 
"You mean," continued Heechul, his voice almost a whisper now. "I worried so much, I imagined all the scenarios for your death or injuries, just because you were too busy to call me the day I was most sure you would call me? Don't you care anymore?"
 
Hangeng was so lost to words by now, that he could only stare at his best friend and murder himself mentally because the only thing he could think of was how beautiful Heechul was when he was mad. He was going to voice that out and he took a deep breath, when he noticed something was wrong. What was that smell?
 
"Aaah!" he pushed Heechul away and turned back to the food he had been making. All burnt. "Yah! Bring the extinguisher, now!"
 
He took a towel and tried to smother the fire with it. "What are you waiting for! GO!"
 
Finally Heechul woke up and ran for the extinguisher. When there was no more danger, they looked around, at the mess they had left, then at themselves. And no, it wasn't normal to burst out laughing so hard they landed on the floor together now, but who ever said they were normal?  
 
"M-my mom is going to k-kill me," panted Hangeng between spasms of laughter, placing his hand on Heechul's shoulder.
 
"No, she isn't," answered him Heechul, laughing even harder.
 
"Why?"
 
"Because you're Korean today!"
 
It wasn't funny, it really wasn't, but they were too out of it to care and it took him exactly twenty-four minutes to finally calm down enough to clean the kitchen and throw away the burnt pots, the tense atmosphere from before long gone and forgotten.
 
"Anyway," started Hangeng when they seated themselves on his bed, putting some dvd to the player and not really paying attention to it. "Why couldn't you call me, huh? I mean, it's great you're here now and all, but you have your phone, too, right?"
 
Heechul's eyes looked up at him from his laps where Heechul's head was, and blinked innocently.
 
"I forgot to charge it."
 
"Yah! And what about the others? Don't tell me they didn't want to lend you their phones for ten minutes or so."
 
Hangeng felt his arm being punched. 
 
"Ouch!"
 
"They didn't."
 
"Yeah, right," god, he missed the teasing.
 
"They had different schedules. I saw Donghae in the morning, but his phone had been taken away by Martians. Or eaten by a huge shark, I didn't really catch which one it was. The landline phone doesn't work anymore, cause our agency decided to stop paying the bills under the threat of murdering with a knife. The rest had been eaten by the same shark or other fish that had eaten Donghae's phone. Manager hyun-- mph."
 
Heechul's reasoning was muffled by Hangeng's lips on his, as the Chinese decided he had waited too long for it, to listen to his friend's talking nonsense for another hour now.
 
"Hannie..." whispered Heechul after they broke away from each other, his eyes shining with unshed tears.
 
Hangeng shivered. He hadn't been called that for far too long. He will be missing it tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that day and... Yeah. Probably for a long time. But not now. Now, he had Heechul all for himself. Now, he could laugh with him, , touch him and kiss him all he wanted. 
 
And he wished that day, the day that hadn't been any special until their fans thought it was, until they told them about it and sent them thousands of gifts, that day he wished could last forever.
 
"Happy HanChul Day, Chullie," he whispered, looking at his calendar with 9.06 marked with permanent red marker, before leaning down and kissing Heechul again.
 
 
______
 
Hi guys :) The last ten stories won't be updated day by day, because I will be busy now, but I promise to write as fast as possible, I hope you won't mind it too much :P I think I'll manage to post one story every two days. I'm just going to move out soon, so I have to make all the arrangements and all.
 
Anyway, yayy, another HanChul - this time a happy one ^^ 
 
I hope you liked it, I know I did :] Thank you all for sticking around, reading this and supporting me ^3^
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v