23. Lightning

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

HenWook, ZhouRy, PG, 1256

______

 

The flash of light before the loud, scary thud. 
 
Henry closed his eyes, counting seconds of silence. One, two, three, four, five, six - and another roar.  This one wasn't so close but it didn't make the boy come out from under his old baby blanket, as he waited for the next thunder with shudders running down his neck over and over again.
 
Silence.
 
Is the storm over? He peeked over the window on the opposite side of his room and was greeted by the sight of streams of rain so thick that he couldn't see what was happening on the outside. Not that he really tried, being too busy remembering every and each second of every minute of the previous hour, the most humiliating hour in his life, and trying to understand why did it have to happen. Was he really that bad? Unworthy of love?
 
 
"Hyung! Hyung! I've got to tell you something!" shouted Henry excitedly, entering the kitchen as if he was flying on the invisible wings.
 
Ryeowook laughed from his spot beside the oven where he was watching over the chocolate cookies he had made for the members earlier, as he saw Henry not noticing the table on his way, slipping on the floor in an attempt to avoid it in the last second, and ending up falling onto his .
 
"What is it, Henli-ah?" the older boy giggled while Henry rubbed his back, not loosing his cheerful expression even for a while. 
 
Nothing was going to upset him now, absolutely nothing, not even making a fool from himself in the centre of the kitchen. He had been thinking too much about it and had spent too many hours arguing with himself, then gaining his courage to finally voice out his feelings to back out now.
 
 
Another thunder reflected on the waterdrops on the window and on Henry's tears streaked face. Was the weather purposely reminding him what had he done? Or was the sky crying with him?
 
Henry shook his head and hid himself under his blanked yet again. He couldn't believe how stupid he had been, thinking that anyone would actually consider him something more than a Canadian kid, who didn't unerstand much and who had to be taken care of. Thinking that his hyung could ever return his feelings.
 
 
"I... this is not going to work, Henli-ah," said Reyowook with a pained face. "I mean... You're so young."
 
The smile slowly faded away from Henry's eyes, even if his lips were still curved upright.
 
"But why hyung?" he asked. "I'm not that much younger than you, and besides - age is only a number, didn't you say so yourself?"
 
Ryeowook bit his lips with worried eyes. "Well, yes, I did, but... I thought you were taking about your crash back in Canada, not me and..."
 
"But you like me!" Henry refused to cry. He absolutely refused his tears to leak from where they were forming rigt now. " You told me you liked me and even if I like you a little bit more it doesn't mean you can't try and learn to love me too, right?" he asked a little historically. "It's not like you love someone else, right?"
 
The older boy's expression turned into guilt so deep that Henry regretted having woken up today. Something in his stomach tightened painfully and his eyes widened as he covered his mouth with both hands. He took one step back.
 
"Henli..."
 
Henry forced himself to let out a fake laugh. "I-I think I'll better get going, hyung," he managed to say quietly. "I forgot I had something... to do. So."
 
 
Henry shivered at the sound of particularly loud thunder and didn't even bother to look outside this time. Just what had he done? Why did he have to tell him that? Wasn't it enough for him to be friends with Ryeowook? 
 
"Henry," someone knocked to his room which Henry ignored.
 
He had been so stupid, now they won't be even friends anymore. Ryeowook will be feeling too guilty to talk to him and the others will only try to comfort him with nice words with no meaning.
 
"Henry, if you're not going to open within 3 minutes, I'm coming in!" said the voice from the hall.
 
He was like that lightning that had crossed the sky just before, and divided it into two separate parts. He had separated himself from the group, from himHe wished he could just fall asleep and neved wake up.
 
"Yah! What are you doing here, moping like that?" asked a very loud and very concerned Zhou Mi after barging through the door. "Are you crying?"
 
Henry didn't even bother denying it. His puffed eyes and red face were too obvious anyway.
 
"He said he had someone else, ge," understanding flashed in Zhou Mi's eyes upon hearing his words. "He said he didn't love me. He said I'm too young, I'm just a kid, and he..."
 
The rest of his muttering was muffled by Zhou Mi's shirt as he hugged the younger tightly when Henry lost it and uncontrolable sobs shook his body violently. 
 
"He won't be friends with me anymore, I know that, he's going to hate me."
 
Zhou Mi looked at the younger from the distance of his arm.
 
"You don't believe it yourself, Henry. How could you when you know him so well? When you know how much he cares about you? And how much we all care about you?" he said calmly and shushed his friend when he tried to say something. "No. We're your friends. All of us. And we're not going to watch you rotting here and dying from hunger, thirst and lack of shower, got it?"
 
The older smiled as he heard small laugh leaving Henry's mouth.
 
"Now get up young man, and go wash up while I make you some dinner, deal?"
 
Henry nodded and looked up. "Thank you, ge," he whispered.
 
"Now now, I know I'm the best," Zhou Mi grinned and patted Henry's head before standing up and making his way to kitchen. Then he turned around and said, "If I don't hear the sounds of water in 5 minutes, I'm sending Heechul here, so you better do what I said."
 
Henry stuck out his tongue and waved at the older.
 
Yeah, he had been stupid, he thought after showering, when Zhou Mi came back and gave him a 'special-food-gift from worried sick Wookie' and they were eating together on the floor, laughing at the silly jokes Zhou Mi was trying and failing to remember.  How could he have ever thought he was going to lose his friends?
 
"You're laughing at me now! Don't laugh at me, I thought you were the one in need of comforting!" sulked Zhou Mi after few hours. "Psh, we're going to sleep then."
 
Henry laughed and burried himself ih his bed.
 
"Scoot over," said Zhou Mi while pouting. "You don't think I'm going back to my room in that state? Kui Xian would never let me live it down!"
 
They fell asleep hand in hand on Henry's bed, barely touching each other, so Henry had absolutely no idea how he woke up with Zhou Mi's long limbs all over himself and his head under the elder's chin.
 
Maybe the thunderstorm in his heart wasn't so bad after all, he thought and smiled as Zhou Mi's arm unconsciously gathered him even closer to the older's chest. Maybe he hadn't been so lonely as he thought. It wasn't like he was really over his love for Ryeowook, and he probably won't be in the near future, but he made a start. And he was going to take his chances, he decided, watching the sun rising onto the morning cloudless sky.
 
______
 
Nope, I'm not going to excuse myself.
Yeah, I'm having totally angsty mood today.
Yeah, I did change the order of prompts, because I've had something planned on the "path" one already.
And yeah, you're not seeing things, I actuall wrote pairing different than KyuMin and HanChul xD Well, not really, but almost.
Nope, I don't hate Henry. In fact, I was going to make it total angst, without the semi-happy ending, but I guess, i'm just not that heartless :p
 
On the brighter side, I've got over 100 subs! :D Have I ever told you I love you? Yes? Then I meant it! <33
 
Not proof readed yet, I'll do it later..
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v