28. Symbol

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

EunHae, PG-13, 1238

______

 

Lee Donghae was originally a good natured human being. That was one of the undeniable truths of the world – water boils in the temperature of one hundred degree centigrade, South Korea lies in Asia and Lee Donghae is a good person. Period.

So when one evening our singer knocked on Eunhyuk’s door with a box of crayons in his hands, Eunhyuk thought nothing of it. Perhaps someone’s birthday was coming and Donghae wanted to draw a birthday card, or maybe it was a poster he intended to make and sell for some charity program – everything was possible with the dancer.

The time Eunhyuk realized his mistake was when he heard loud sobbing from one of the rooms approximately two hours since he’d last seen Donghae.

Uh-oh. Not a good sign.

“Eunhyuk hyung!” Suddenly a flustered Ryeowook burst through his doors.

“Wookie?”

“Y-you need to come with me… Donghae, he’s. Ehm, you better see it yourself.”

Eunhyuk understood the younger the moment he stepped into his room to see Donghae sprawled on the floor, with lots of papers surrounding his crying mercilessly form. When Hae noticed his existence, he got a hard case of hiccup as well, refusing to meet his boyfriend’s eyes.

The dancer turned to Ryeowook.

“What happened to him? And what are… those?” He asked, picking up what seemed like half of a half of a half of some drawing.

Wookie shifted uncomfortably.

“Well, those are—“

“Were!” Donghae’s loud, hysteric shriek interrupted the youngest explanation. “Those were the pieces of art, showing all of our members! Now they’re only pieces of crumpled paper! Because no one in this house respects the real art!”

Eunhyuk could only stare at his boyfriend, speechless. You see, you have to be calm when dealing with Donghae. Calm and patient. Or else he becomes like this – a mess of adorable animosity sprinkled with millions drops of tears, occupying half of the floor with his sulking habits.

“Ehm, okay…” The dancer looked at Ryeowook again, when his lover decided they’re not worthy of his attention, and he’d rather pout and cry himself till he literally drowns in his misery. “So what exactly happened?”

Ryeowook sighed.

“First, it was Shindong hyung. Hae hyung called him to show him something he was extremely excited about, so I tagged along out of the pure curiosity and I saw a drawing with a… kind of creature. If you ask me, I’d say it was something alike to an exceptionally.. well-fed pig. It was quite nicely drawn by the way, but when Donghae hyung announced it was no other than Shindong hyung, he fell silent and kind of sad you know? He’s been trying to lose weight so much and Donghae hyung…”

Eunhyuk face-palmed. He did not like where this was going. At all.

“Then Yesung hyung got here and when Hae showed him one very black paper, with nothing more on it, claiming for this to be Yesungie, he didn’t react as calmly as Shindong hyung did; in fact he whispered something to Donghae’s ear that I couldn’t quite understand, but knowing that lover of mine, those were some wickedly twisted threats.”

The look Eunhyuk sent to his miserable love was one of the deepest sympathy. He had been on the receiving end of Yesung’s threats one too many times, he did not need to be told how did that feel.

“Is that why he’s crying? Hae baby, I…”

“Ehm, no, actually. He had stood still for quite a while after Yesung hyung left, and I had even begun to feel worried but then Sungminnie hyung and Kyu came in, searching for some thing or another.”

Gosh no. Really? How unfortunate did Donghae had to be to show his work to the evil maknae? Or how stupid?

“And?” Eunhyuk inquired without much hope.

“And, uhh, Sungminnie praised the drawings Donghae hyung presented to them – one of a cute rabbit and another of a bear with dangerous looking fangs, covered in blood – but Kyu. Well, he was just being himself.”

“That’s exactly what I was worried about…” murmured the dancer.

“Let’s just say, Donghae hyung didn’t look too happy after their visit anymore.”

“So it’s all the maknae’s fault?! That little—“

“No, hyung, wait! There’s,” Wookie hesitated and continued only after being given the sign from Hyukjae. “There’s more. You see, just ten minutes ago… Heechul hyung happened to be walking through the hall and he stepped in to say hello. And you know Heechul hyung, he was not pleased when he saw himself being drawn as a wicked witch on her broom. He got, uhm, pretty angry. He ripped all of the papers and threw them around and yelled so much I can’t believe you didn’t hear it… until Hangeng hyung finally came to calm him down. We should probably avoid them for the time being.”

“Is it all?” Eunhyuk almost feared to ask this question and so he was extremely relieved when Wookie nodded in response and after murmuring a soft ‘I’ll live you guys alone’ he walked out of the room.

Eunhyuk made his way to the wet mess on the floor. “Hae. Hae baby, are you okay?”

Silence.

“Donghae, say something please. Are you okay?”

“No!” Donghae’s head suddenly shot up. “Of course I’m not! I worked so hard to make them all and look at it! Just look! They’re all gone!”

Eunhyuk rubbed his nape. “But you know… You probably shouldn’t have insulted all of them in your… art. Especially not Heechul.”

“But I didn’t!” Donghae sent him an innocent look. “My art is symbolic! It is deep, I couldn’t have just draw them like some ordinary people, everyone could do that. I had to be different.”

“S-symbolic? How was that symbolic?” The dancer’s eyes went wide. He decided it was for the best to not let the sarcastic ‘oh yeah, very different’ slip off his tongue.

“Just, you know. The thing that first comes to your mind when you think of someone. Like Shindongie hyung and a fat animal, or Yesungie hyung and the overwhelming dark aura he brings with himself whenever he enters the room… Or Heechul hyung’s pure heart in an evil wrapping. But that one could not have shown the entire truth of Heechul hyung’s reality.” Donghae admitted, scrapping the top of his head.

Eunhyuk just sighed and hugged his silly lover.

“You know what, you should just stick to singing and dancing. It is much less troublesome. And you’re one of the best,” he grinned. Then he thought of something. “But wait, you said you had all of the members’ portraits, right? What was on mine?”

Donghae smiled innocently, but failed to hide the mischievous flash in his eye. “You wanna see it, Hyukkie?”

He nodded. The second mistake of one day.

His eyes went to the size of two little lemons when he noticed what exactly took almost a whole page. Eunhyuk blushed hard.

“H-Hae-ah… B-but don’t you think you went a little, eeee, overboard with the size?”

Donghae smirked lightly. “We can check it right now, Hyukkie.”

And they did. Many times (just to make sure.)

 

 

“See? My art always tells the truth,” panted Donghae few hours later.

“Yeah,” Hyukjae panted back. “Tell it to Heechul and don’t expect to ever be able to do it with me again. Or with anyone for that matter.”

Donghae pecked his lover’s cheek. “Not planning to.”

“Good.”

 

______

 

Yeah, another EunHae for you! ^^ Not gonna write much today, haha, too sleepy :p

Hope you enjoyed the chap! Only two more to go, wohoo~!

Didn't proof-read; again - too sleepy right now..

See you next chap!

 

~love, puppysauruss ^-^v