30. Chance

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

KyuMin, PG, 1141

______

 

This… This was not happening. This couldn’t be happening now when only hours ago his life seemed to be so perfect, so impeccable. When he held Sungmin’s hand and all they could see and feel was each other’s warm presence and the overwhelming love.

 

“It feels so nice, Kyuhyun-ah.” Whispered Sungmin, looking at the view beneath then in awe.

Kyuhyun smirked. “Of course it does, it was me who planned it after all.”

The elder punched his shoulder half-heartedly.

“So cocky,” he murmured.

Kyuhyun chuckled and embraced his hyung tighter, placing his cheek on top of Sungmin’s head. “You know you love it.”

“As a matter of fact I do, but I’m still in search for the right excuse as to why I even bother liking such a snarky and insolent brat like you.”

“Because,” Kyuhyun lowered his voice. “Who else would take you to an amusement park and convince the man down there to turn this scary machine on at four in the morning, only so you could watch a sunrise from the top of the world?”

Sungmin rubbed his face onto Kyuhyun’s chest. “Good point, you rude maknae.”

 

How did it happen that he was now standing here, in a room where all their members were pacing nervously right before the hurriedly announced press conference? How was it possible that in a matter of few hours his whole world took a U-turn, like it was some kind of a race car, driving its way towards the inevitable crush with frightfully high speed?

“Kyuhyun-ah?” Sungmin’s voice was faint, the shadows under his eyes darker than usual, the obvious result of not sleeping a single minute for the whole night. “We.. We need to talk.”

And Kyuhyun feared exactly those words leaving exactly those lips. Because he knew they both had a very different ideas as to what to do to solve the problem.

“Yeah… We need to.”

How was it possible that a single photo took by a stalker fangirl could destroy years of trust and dreams?

 

“Kyuhyun, Sungmin! Come on here.”

Kyuhyun let out a tired sigh. All he could dream of right now, was to lay with his hyung and not wake up at least for a week.

“Later, hyung.”

Sungmin giggled at his boyfriend’s childish whine. No matter how much it didn’t seem like it, Kyuhyun was their maknae and no one could deny it.

“Kyuhyun. I’m not joking, get your here.”

The couple looked at each other. It wasn’t a common thing to hear their leader using such words. Suddenly, Kyuhyun wasn’t so sleepy anymore. Nor was he as calm and happy as he had been while watching the sunrise with his hyung.

“What happened?” Asked Sungmin, chewing worriedly on his lower lip, when they entered the living room, where Eeteuk couldn’t seem to sit in one place for longer than three seconds.

“Where were you?” He asked irritatingly. “Whatever. Doesn’t matter anymore? Care to tell me what is this and why I found this under our front door in an envelope, together with a letter saying it was already sent to the press?”

Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrow. What was the old man rambling about again? He glanced at Sungmin who had a similar look on his face to Kyuhyun’s own, and they both bent down to see what did the leader mean.

All they saw was a clear picture of themselves. Sitting on a bench. Kissing.

 

“We have to deny it, Kyuhyun-ah,” said Sungmin firmly and Kyuhyun knew him well enough to know that he had made his mind already and the chances that he’ll change his decision were close to zero.

But he had to try.

“Why deny it? No, listen,” he added as he saw Sungmin opening his mouth again. “This could actually be good. Think of it, haven’t you wished for us to stop hiding? To stop pretending that KyuMin— that we are just a stupid fanservice to please our fans? This is a great chance, Minnie! We can finally tell them we are together! Let the whole world know!”

Sungmin closed his eyes. “No Kyu, it’s not. Not when we know how our country treats people like us. Look how many antis our fanservice brought us and it was only meant to be pretended! Think of what they would actually do if we announced it had been real in the first place.”

So what? Kyuhyun wanted to ask, but he didn’t because deep inside he knew Sungmin had a point. Korea was such a conservative country, and no matter how much development was going on these days, they could never live peacefully as a homoual idol couple. This was not a movie, this was reality and reality is never as understanding as we want it to.

“Sungmin…”

“This is our only chance, Kyuhyun-ah. The only chance to survive as Super Junior. If we don’t do it, the group will be finished. Think of your hyungs! Think of all of us, of our dreams! Will you be able to sleep well when you know that you… that we ruined them?” His voice had never been this void of emotions. Not with Kyuhyun. “Because I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t Kyu, and I don’t want to blame myself for the next half of my life for something I could have prevented from happening. I can’t…”

A dry sob escaped Kyuhyun’s throat when he realized what Sungmin meant.

“N-no… This is our chance, Min-ah. Our own and we won’t have another one. We have to be brave. Please…”

He closed his eyes as he felt the lips he loved so dearly claiming his own in a passionate kiss. A kiss full of unspoken words, full of worry, of fear, of regret and anger at the unfair world that forced them to make such painful decisions. Full of love.

And neither of them voiced out the thought both of them had in their heads. That the kiss they shared… was meant to be their last one.

When they pulled apart, Sungmin’s eyes shone with the unshed tears.

“I-… I’m sorry Kyu.”

Sungmin stepped back and went to sit on the very last chair in a press room where he read out SM Entertainment’s official statement concerning latest shocking scandal of two members of the best known Korean idol group rumored to have an affair.

In a haste of the happenings no one noticed the lone tear going down Cho Kyuhyun’s face as he watched his hyung, his boyfriend, his love… denying everything. Denying their feelings, denying their touches, their whispered confessions, their good days and the bad ones, denying the past they shared together and the future they wanted to share as well.

Sungmin was right. This had been their only chance.

Too bad Kyuhyun meant it in a different way.

Too bad it went wasted.

 

______

Warning: the longest Author's Note ever ahead!

With this sad accent I end my adventure with the challenge and I know I failed and I don't think I'd ever take up another one :p 

So... This is it. Wow. I actually can't believe it O.O  No, seriously. I finally finished something! Wohooo! Ovations please! :D Who cares that I finished it like... 9 months later that I was supposed to! ;p Now, I wanted to do the thanking-thing!

First and Foremost, huge thankies to Anderchuu, who had started it all and whom I only joined in her challenge. So, thank you so much i powodzenia w dokańczaniu swoich historii! <3

The next one would be my best friend ever, a.k.a EverlastingShawol (or Alleksandra, your pick) without the support of whom I don't think I would have finished this. Ola, I love you so much you have no idea and I know I'm a bad friend for not commenting on your awesome stories as much as you do on mine not-so-awesome ones, but you know I support you all the way and I think your writings are amazing and and and... Yeah. You get the point ^3^

I'd also love to thank all oy you who read and commented those stories of mine, especially (and I'm writing from my head now, mind you >D)  : JewelAnchovy_ELF143, wildvampire, mushroombaby12, noname022, bedhairrrr, whitelf, hyaku_rei, morgan47, SilentViridianTears, ichathoriqlover (not sure if it's the right way to write it, sorry ^^''), Silver-Soul, SHINeeKimOnHyun, minniemgee, nabilahyukjae, SHINeeSUJU2750, flyingmonkeysC8, 95anichan and moongrl, who bothered to leave some words of encouragment under more than one story of mine ^^

For all those silent readers of mine - I love you as well, just because you actually made an effort to read this and it means very much for me <33

 

 

Now, there's one more thing. To celebrate the fact that I managed to finish my challenge I have a favour to ask from all of you. You see, there's 150 of you who subscribed to 30 Proofs and, well, this feels selfish of me to ask, but I'm just DYING of curiosity as to which story or stories you liked the most.

Let's make a deal then, okay? Even if you're a silent reader, please please please leave a comment under this chappie with the title of a one shot you liked. You don't have to write why or something! Even if you read only a couple of the stories, for example with your OTP. Anyway, just a title, is all I'm asking for ^^ You can also tell me which one of them you liked the least, lol :P Cause I myself have my picks in that matter, kkk

Now, my part of the deal - if at least half of you people write their favorites, I'll post a surprise bonus thing that I had on my computer ever since I first started the challenge, hehehe. You can easily guess what it is I think, haha. But if you can't I won't tell you unless you tell me your pick xD

 

 

Well, that would be this. See you in my next fics!

~love love love, puppysauruss ^-^v

 

PS. Here you go, a link to my very new and very fresh fanfic, another one that I mean to finish, ha! >D

 

Edit (13/05/20): Okay, sorry ppl about the sad ending, I didn't mean for it to come out like that, it just... it happened itself? ^^'' I'm really sorry, but look at the brighter side - almost all of the rest are happy stories! Full of fluff and SJ's stupidity xD