2. Cherry Blossoms

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

KyuMin feat. friendship!QMi, PG, 1041 words

______

 

Kyuhyun always liked it when Henry and Zhou Mi came to visit them. They would all sit together and talk, laugh or play; Zhou Mi would always sit in between Kyuhyun and Heechul because 'I missed you so so much, Kui Xian!' and 'Yah! Seasoning, where do you think you're going, huh? You're sitting next to me!', while Henry would have his cheeks pinched and squeezed by his hyungs all over again because 'Henli, you're so cute!' and 'Finally, a Maknae who actually resembles one!'.
 
So yes, Kyuhyun liked those days. But after one day became two days, two days became a week and then a week became a month, Kyuhyun started to forget the meaning of the words 'personal space'.
 
"Zhou Mi! You're home, where are you...?" Eeteuk didn't get a chance to finish his question as Zhou Mi instantly rushed in the direction of KyuMin's shared room.
 
Kyuhyun, sensing the danger, quickly pretended to be asleep.
 
"Kui Xian!" exclaimed Zhou Mi the second the door got open. "Huh? Kui Xian, you shouldn't sleep on the desk, it's unhealthy and quite ugly, wait, I'll go and bring you-"
 
"Wait," Kyuhyun gave his idea up. He should have known it wouldn't work with Zhou Mi anyway. "I'm not sleeping, I just--" Kyuhyun sighed, seeing the Chinese eyeing him suspiciously. "What are you so happy about?"
 
Zhou Mi's face lit up. "Right! Listen, I just came from a manga drawing course and I have a wonderful idea!" Kyuhyun smiled as the excitement of the other began to get to him, too. "Let's draw our own one! Then we'll be able to print it, and copy it, and sell it and earn millions of millions of dollars!"
 
"And why do you need me, huh?"
 
"What do you mean, of course I can't do that alone, what would I do with such amount of money?" Zhou Mi stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Besides, I'm good at drawing but thinking of plots isn't present in my wide range of skills."
 
Kyuhyun smirked. "Okay, I'll help you but at least half of that millions of millions of dollars is mine, got it?"
 
"Thanks Kui Xian, I knew you were going to help me! So I was thinking, we should do something really romantic since I'm exceptionally good at drawing girls in love and love stories sell the best and of course there has to be many cherry blossoms because all comics have cherry blossoms in them and ours has to be the best of them all, so--"
 
"Nope."
 
"--so we can't forget... eh?" Zhou Mi looked at him, confused.
 
"I've got a better idea," said Kyuhyun, his eyes sparkling mischievously. "Imagine that. The world in the future, everybody is fat and nobody has to move to get anything, every single human being relies on machines, there are robots that are programmed to help people with every task they can think of," he paused for a second, throwing a look at the Chinese to check his reaction, "and then, suddenly, the robots make a rebellion! They stop helping and start killing and people can't do anything simply because their fat bodies don't allow them. What to do you think?"
 
Zhou Mi stared at him for a while and then cleared his throat. "B-but Kui Xian... Mangas have to be romantic! What's romantic in your story?" he asked, exasperated. "We should think of a girl who is too shy and innocent to approach her huge crash but then suddenly they meet under the cherry tree and the love story begins."
 
"Huh..." Kyuhyun pretended to think deeply. "Nope, it's too boring of a story. Okay, another idea then: comics about the end of the world!"
 
Zhou Mi groaned.
 
"No, but listen! There are so many possibilities for the world to end! We can think of something really romantic, like... I know, a serial killer, looking like James Bond, is sent for his last mission which is to murder the dangerous monsters that are killing our planet but then it appears that one of the creatures is his long forgotten girlfriend that he sacrificed his life for and thus he decides not to kill them but help them and bam! The world ends because the girlfriend turns out to have betrayed him long time ago and now she just used him for her own purposes so he hangs himself out of depression."
 
Zhou Mi's mouth went to the floor.
 
"What? That would be a hit!" Kyuhyun grinned.
 
"Kui Xian," Zhou Mi said after a long pause. "A romantic. Love. Story." he stressed each word separately. "With cherry blossoms." he added after a second.
 
"Oh, okay, you're so boring... How about, a crazy female scientist is a lonely, lonely so she decides to change it. She makes a robot but then she gives it a brain and when it moves, she screams: >>IT'S ALIVE!<< and it turns out she created a monst-- wait. I think I've already seen it somewhere... Maybe we shouldn't do it, someone will sue us for copying."
 
The Chinese was close to tears. "Love... Cherry..." he muttered to himself.
 
"I know! Mutant scorpions! They can--"
 
"Stop it," Zhou Mi raised his hand to silence his friend. "I think I'll..." he sighed miserably. "I'll just go for another course. Not manga drawing this time. No. Nothing that creative. Knitting maybe?"
 
Kyuhyun grinned victoriously when Zhou Mi, still muttering something to himself, left his room. He didn't even notice he passed Sungmin in the doors.
 
"Kyu? What happened to Zhou Mi?" Asked the older curiously, worry written in his eyes.
 
The maknae nodded at him to step closer. When he did, the singer hugged him tightly and sat on the nearest bed, still keeping his boyfriend in his arms.
 
"Nothing much. He was just trying to copy our first anniversary event that we made three years ago. Remember it?"
 
Sungmin giggled. Of course he did, he had been having hard time then, to convince Kyuhyun to actually do it.
 
"What did you do?" he asked, breathing in his lover's fragrance. Ohh, how he loved it.
 
"I persuaded him not to." Kyuhyun replied simply and threw a glance at their own, self made little book with the name Cherry Blossoms written on it. "This is our story, after all."