13. Far Away

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

KyuMin, PG, 450

______

 

"How are you?"
 
"...tired," said the voice on the other side, the connection exceptionally poor. "You?"
 
Same, Sungmin wanted to say, but he managed to bite his tongue in time. 
 
"Fine," he said instead. "How are the others?"
 
There was a couple minutes of silence and Sungmin knew Kyuhyun was thinking if he should tell the truth. He also knew what he was going to decide in the end.
 
"Fine."
 
They fell silent again, each of them knowing how exhausted the other one was and each of them not wanting to add his own problems onto the other's shoulders. Each of them failing at it.
 
"I've seen your latest show," Sungmin was the one to break the silence. "I didn't understand anything and you know what that means, Kyu?"
 
"Huh?" Sungmin could tell that Kyuhyun was on the verge of falling asleep.
 
"It means your Chinese is getting better and better," he grinned weakly. "Next thing you know, you'll be talking as fast as Zhou Mi," he said without thinking and quickly regretted his words. Zhou Mi was always the sensitive topic when they were in China, promoting as SJM.
 
"Hyung," sighed Kyuhyun. "You know we're just friends."
 
"I know, I--" he paused. "I just don't like it when you're so far away, I just..."
 
I miss you, he didn't say.
 
"Yes, hyung, I should get going now, we're reaching our next shooting place." I miss you too.
 
Sungmin looked at his watch. 4:30 am. 
 
"H-have a nice recording, Kyu." he said stammering only a little. He could only imagine how dark the shadows under Kyuhyun's eyes were and how much of the make up it was going to take to erase them from his face.
 
"Thanks. Go to sleep, Min, I know you're tired as well so don't worry about me and just... Go to sleep."
 
Sungmin waited for him to say something else and when he didn't, Sungmin's shoulders shrunk a little.
 
"Yes, uh. Goodnight then."
 
"Goodnight."
 
The phone call ended and Sungmin threw himself onto Kyuhyun's bed (which stopped smelling like Kyuhyun about two weeks ago, but it was Kyuhyun's and Sungmin missed him so much), keeping the pink mobile in his hand tightly. Suddenly it vibrated, signalling new message had come.
 
Sungmin deliberated whether he should check it or simply ignore it and try to get at least an hour of sleep before the next, surely exhausting-to-be day. After five minutes of thinking, he pressed the 'read' button and read the text. Big smile appeared on his face, as he finally relaxed, snuggled into Kyuhyun's sheets and fell asleep.
 
He didn't bother to turn his phone off and it laid forgotten on the pillow right next to his hand, with short message written on the green screen.
 
"I thought I should also mention that I love you."
 
______
 
Not exactly the fluffiest thing in the world, but I like it :) Also, standing ovations for me - the very first story that has less than 500 words! :D 
As always, thank you for supporting my challenge and for not killing me after yesterday's HanChul.
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v