26. Sleep

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

Ha-ha-ha. Honestly, I fell asleep myself while writing this =.='' Don't know what to say, apart from - Good luck reading this weird... something xp

 

HanChul, PG, 1131

______

 

Kim Heechul’s bed is… an unachievable place. It’s this one and only forte of his that no one else has the right to touch. Apart from Heebum of course. And Kibum because he’s apparently ‘too adorable’ in Heechul’s dictionary. The rest of the world is banned from even sitting on it, let alone sleeping. But sometimes, just sometimes, it so happens that one person is special enough to be welcomed to that very special place.

 

***

 

Hangeng wouldn’t say he’s mad, nope. He rarely does really; he’s rather of the calm and non-aggressive type. He’s survived so much in his life at Super Junior’s dorm already. Things normal people would call… ‘unreasonable’, to put it lightly. Things like being on the verge of dying in a car crash while Eeteuk was driving. Things like enduring some guys’ periods and monthly mood swings (he didn’t bother informing them that men couldn’t really have ones; no use in doing so. …plus, he didn’t really know the Korean word for that.) Like being the quiet witness of EunHae’s not-so-secret night escapades; or waking up in the middle of the night only to discover himself half- and almost drowning in the sea (don’t ask.)

There are times though, this one being almost a book-like example, when Hangeng decides he’s not going to just let things slide and be forgotten. He is no machine after all, there’s only so much one Chinese can take in.

So when the seven members of Super Junior M step back into the familiar Korean apartment, Hangeng directs his steps straight to the room of his boyfriend. Right after sending a good amount of greeting smiles to his all-too-happy members that is.

“Hyung? Have you seen Heechul anywhere?” He asks Eeteuk ten minutes later when he doesn’t find his lover in his room. Or his own. Or Donghae’s. Or anyone else’s basically.

Eeteuk only shakes his head though, not even opening his eyes and Hangeng instantly knows he had just come back from some tiring shooting. Which is mad really because it’s barely 5 AM and they are all supposed to wake up now, not go to sleep.

Hangeng murmurs a polite “thank you, hyung” and makes his way to Kyuhyun’s and Sungmin’s room, with hopes that the presence of their tall Chinese friend who refused any other member’s offer to share their rooms but ‘KuiXian’s’, will somehow prevent the couple from greeting each other a little too… enthusiastically.

“Guys?” He knocks quietly on the door and comes in, not really waiting for a reply, only to find them all bunched and tangled on the two beds obviously pushed together not that long ago. Deeply asleep. He giggles upon hearing Sungmin’s soft snores that he is sure the younger will deny with all his strength if anyone tries to confront him about them.

Leaving the bedroom, Hangeng finally finds himself seated on a kitchen table, his mind working on the vibes higher that it should be possible for such an hour. Where the hell is Heechul?

Suddenly there is a quiet sound of someone pulling a chair and the Chinese rises his head, smiling gently at the newcomer.

“Hyung? What are you doing here?” Asks Hyukjae curiously.

Hangeng sighs. “Wondering where is that lovely boyfriend of mine.”

Hyukjae rises both his eyebrows (his eyes look funny when he does so without the glasses on; Hangeng makes a mental note to discuss it with Donghae later) and covers his mouth to hide the grin creeping up his face.

“What?”

“Nothing, it’s just… He’s probably sleeping right now, Hongki dragged him back home not that long ago,” Hyukjae laughs. “You see, he’s been quite… entertaining when you were in Taiwan.”

“That I know of,” murmurs Hangeng, meaning all of those drunken phone calls he’s been receiving lately (which was exactly the reason of him being slightly irritated at the other earlier.) “What I mean is, where is he sleeping?”

Hyukjae laughs yet again and looks down while pointing the same direction with his chin. Hangeng doesn’t get it at first so the dancer rolls his eyes and points under the table, then mumbles some ‘goodnight’s and ‘have fun’s and leaves the kitchen.

Hangeng furrows his brows and bends down with a doubtful mind. Even Heechul wouldn’t be silly enough to go to sleep under the kitchen table, right?

Wrong. He grins as he notices Heechul’s body sprawled on the floor without any restrictions. And Heechul looks as if he had never slept better in his entire life, a small smile on his face, half hidden by the ever-too-long fringe of his. If Hangeng was to be honest, he would compare his lover to the princess from that silly fairytale… What was her name?

Ah, yes. Sleeping Beauty.

The Chinese giggles at his thoughts and Heechul suddenly flinches in his sleep as if something interrupted his precious dream.

The whole dorm is filled with silence and sleepiness as Hangeng finally decides to lift his lover and carry him back to his surely more comfortable bed. He stops in front of Eeteuk and Donghae’s room to close the door. He knows they both will want to sleep for a little while longer tomorrow and won’t appreciate being woken up by the rest of the noisy members.

When he reaches Heechul’s room at last, he’s more than a bit tired. Did his princess gain weight while he was nowhere to be seen? Hangeng laughs quietly and prays it won’t slip his lips when the older is actually awake and able to kick his .

He doesn’t notice that the soft, peaceful sleeping sounds stopped a while ago when he was being lost in his thoughts, replaced by the uneven breathing and occasional sniffs.

Laying the older boy in his bed and tucking him safely in the sheets, not leaving any of his limbs uncovered, he also doesn’t notice that his boyfriend woke up and throws him looks from under his half-closed eyelids. And when he turns around to go to sleep in his own room, his slight irritation from before long gone, he feels his hand being grabbed by another.

“Hannie?” He hears and turns his head back.

“Hm?”

Silence.

“Yes?”

“...”

“Chul?”

“Stay.”

And Hangeng smiles and does just this because there is nothing more left to say really.

It’s perfect.

 

 

(At least until two hours later, when a flustered Kangin bursts into the room screaming Heechul’s name.

“Yah! Jonghun called! He says Hongki went missing yesterday! Have any idea about that?”

“Uh? Did something happen?” Hangeng manages to sit up, looking a little lost.

And Heechul just smirks evilly and pulls Hangeng back down.

“He’ll manage.” Is all he says before cuddling to the dancer’s chest.

Hangeng decides he really doesn’t want to know.)