24. Waterfall

30 Proofs that SJ Pairings Are Real

EunHae, PG-13, 1358

______

 

Donghae snorted as he threw away yet another annoying list made by Hyukjae that somehow ended in his bag. It obviously wasn't here on purpose since Donghae knew Hyukjae knew that he absolutely hated those pieces of paper, so he was sure that this note had landed there purely by coincidence. Why else would he find it in his very own bag?
 
Donghae glanced at the paper thoughtfully.
 
"List of expenses:" said the big bold letters. Donghae furrowed his eyebrows. 
 
 
~ breakfast for Lee Donghae: 74.000 W
~ the strawberry milk in place for the one Lee Donghae took away: 8.000 W
~ gas used in order to drive Lee Donghae to his UFO shop: 43.000 W
~ new shoes for Lee Donghae when his got ripped: 236.000 W
~ meat for dinner + Lee Donghae's four helpings: 192.000 W
~ visit at therapists to get rid of murderer's instincts: 95.000 W
 
 
Nope, Donghae shook his head and shrugged. He still had no idea why was that note stuck in between his belongings. He was just going to stand up and call his lover, when he stopped his motions with a dumbstruck face. Suddenly an alarming thought crossed his mind.
 
Was it maybe there on... purpose? Was Hyukjae trying to tell him something...? It was possible, right? Donghae sat back down on the floor, closing his eyes. Yeah, that must have been it. Okay, Lee Hyukjae, I got your message and don't worry, I'm going to do something about it, he decided.
 
Donghae couldn't believe how he hadn't caught on at first! It was so obvious Hyukjae was asking him for his help. Finally, after years of being told that all over again by each and every Super Junior member, Hyukjae realized how much of a cheapskate he was and he was even willing to change! Donghae couldn't be happier to help him. 
 
He already had a plan.
 
 
***
 
 
Hyukjae groaned. Loudly.
 
How come he had only 59.351 W in his wallet? He had had almost 900.000 earlier this day! Was it even possible that since breakfast he spent that much money? He, Lee Hyukjae, the one who was always careful with his allowance?!
 
He groaned once again and banged his head into the wall repeatedly.
 
He tried, he really tried to show Donghae somehow that he was practically making Hyukjae a beggar, and what was even more cruel, he was doing it with that cute fishy smile on his face that Hyukjae just physically couldn't possibly say no to. Hyukjae was sure Donghae had it somehow planned. He had even left several bills in Donghae's bag for God's sake! It was impossible to not notice them!
 
And yet, his money still was flowing away like a freaking waterfall. Like Niagara Falls! Well, Hyukjae had never seen Niagara Falls, but he was positive that its speed was as incredibly fast as the speed of his wallet getting thinner and thinner.
 
Hyukjae stopped the 'banging-head-into-wall' process when a tempting thought appeared in the aching part of the body which was supposedly in charge of rational thinking.
 
If he threw Donghae into Niagara Falls, with what speed exactly would he be falling down? And what's more important - how quickly would he regain his money back?
 
Hyukjae scratched the back of his head thoughtfully, then made an unindentified sound before resuming banging his head - onto his desk this time. (The wall proved to be too painful of a choice.)
 
"Hyukkie~!"
 
Suddenly there was a loud knocking to his door followed by a very excited Donghae bursting into the room before Hyukjae could even open his mouth to say 'it's open'.
 
"Hae." he muttered while rubbing his forehead, not really in the mood of returning Donghae's enthusiasm.
 
"What happened to your head, Hyukkie? It's all red!" asked Donghae, leaning closer to see Hyukjae's red bruise (that was slowly changing its color into green-ishly-purple-ish). He then pecked it (ignoring the slight cringe on Hyukjae's face) and continued without waiting for any response. "I just had a brilliant idea!"
 
Oh no, thought Hyukjae knowing from his experience that every single one of Donghae's 'brilliant ideas' was usually painful for his wallet and its content.
 
"And what would that be?"
 
"Let's go on a date!" Donghae exclaimed happily throwing his arms in the air.
 
*THUD*
 
"Hyukkie? Hyukkie! Did you just faint?!"
 
 
***
 
 
The date turned out to be exactly what Hyukjae had been dreading it to be. A one, huge blow into his savings. His last savings, mind you, that were supposed to feed him (him and Donghae, let's just be honest on this one) before SM finally decides it's time to give them some tiny part of what they had earned when they could have been, you know, resting. And sleeping.
 
First, they had to take taxi to reach their destination. 
 
("It'll be faster that way, Hyukkie!"
 
"Can't we take a walk though? The weather is nice this time."
 
"Hyukkiee~!"
 
"...Fine. You call.")
 
Then, the restaurant Donghae had chosen and reserved places in without Hyukjae's knowledge, turned out to be the most expensive one in the whole Seoul.
 
("But it's worth it, look what a beautiful view we have here!"
 
"It's Han River, Hae. There are multiples of... cheaper places that offer a view like this."
 
"The food is the best here, though. Oh! There are anchovies in the menu."
 
"Give me that.")
 
As if that was not enough, when they said their goodbyes to the restaurant waiters and waitresses and thanked them for helping Donghae to wake Hyukjae up after he had fainted upon seeing the bill, Donghae decided he wanted them to go to the nearest noraebang.
 
"Aren't you tired, Hae?" asked Hyukjae though at this point, it was all the same for him. He was broken anyway, it wouldn't matter if he spent another bunch of wons in some cheap noraebang (because THANK GOD, all noraebangs were fairly cheap).
 
Hae shook his head. "Nope! Let's go!"
 
Hyukjae chuckled quietly at his boyfriend's rapture and let himself be dragged to the suspiciously looking dark building.
 
"What do you want me to sing, Hyukkie?" asked Donghae after they paid for an hour and locked themselves in the small room with a karaoke machine.
 
Hyukjae shrugged. "I don't know. You choose."
 
Donghae smiled innocently and chose some nice, slow song. Instead of singing though, he pulled his boyfriend up from the sofa he was sitting in, and looked into his eyes.
 
Hyukjae glanced at him confused. "Aren't you going to sing?"
 
Donghae shook his head slowly, his eyes never leaving Hyukjae's. "It's no fun without you," he whispered while placing his hands on the back of the other's neck and started swaying them a little to the rhythm of the random song that was playing in background.
 
Hyukjae's confusion quickly vanished as he firmly held Donghae's waist with both of his hands. He could feel Hae's shiver at the response to his actions.
 
"Is it what today was all about?" he said darkly, and then, not waiting for Donghae's answer at all (oh, the sweet, sweet revenge!), he closed his eyes and captured the other boy's lips, muffling Donghae's surprised gasp.
 
Maybe this date wasn't such a bad idea after all, thought Hyukjae after parting their lips and teasingly puffing some of the air into his boyfriend's face.
 
"Hyukkie~!" Donghae pouted and hit Hyukjae's arm.
 
"Hm?" hummed Hyukjae, his bad mood long gone and forgotten.
 
Suddenly a shadow appeared on Donghae's not-so-innocent-anymore face and only his eyes lit up dangerously as he looked at Hyukjae from behind his bangs.
 
"You do know that there are hotel rooms upstairs, don't you?" he asked slowly while leaning to kiss his lover once again, deeper and more passionate than before.
 
Short moan escaped Hyukjae's throat.
 
"Then what are we waiting for?"
 
 
***
 
 
When the next day Ryeowook entered the kitchen, he was nowhere near surprised seeing a green note stuck to the fridge. Eunhyuk was always doing that in hopes of Donghae noticing him being the reason of the dancer's neverending parsimony.
 
He did get surprised however, when he actually read what was written on it this time.
 
 
List of expenses:
 
~restaurant: 328.000 W
~taxi: 14.000 W
~noraebang: 35.000 W
~hotel: 63.000 W
~Happy Donghae's smile: PRICELESS
 
 
"What's up, Wookie?" asked Eeteuk sleepily rubbing his eyes while sitting on the table.
 
Ryeowook smiled and got back to making them breakfast. "Nothing really, hyung. But, you know, don't go to Eunhyuk's room today. Just in case." he added, ignoring his leader's surprised face.
 
 
______
 
Yeah, I'm messing with the order again, I'm so sorry >.<''
But this idea hit me when I found out how much of a cheapskate my roommate is! And then - I just had to write it :D
+ it's EunHae, I know all of you, EunHae shippers, are fed up with me only writing KyuMin, KyuMin and KyuMin (and then occasionally HanChul), so this one is for you <33
 
As always - thank you for sticking up with me, for reading my stories, for commenting them and for subscribing even when I haven't updated them this long, you're all so sweet ;~;
 
I hope you like the EunHae ^^ (and seriously, you better like it, cause it's like, the 3rd EunHae I've ever written even though yes! KyuMin also crossed my mind while thinking of the plot >:])
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v