Chapter FIVE

S o m e d a y

======================================================================================================================

Ella walked into her room, closing the door behind her. She let out a long and silent sigh as she placed her bottom on her bed. Turning her head over to the side wall, she saw the broken frame that held her and Danson's picture in it. Crying again she quickly wiped away her tears as her mother walked into her room. "Ella." Her mother whispered.

"What?" Ella replied quietly.

"How's your brother?" Her mother asked and sat next to her. "Is he okay?"

"Um." Ella nod her head. "He's doing better now. Though he's in a coma... I dont know when he'll wake up."

"I know... Your father has done many bad things to your brother... But he's your father." Her mother grabbed her hands and tighten them.

Ella started into her mothers eyes and smiled. "Hao le... I understand..." She whispered. "Ma." She said and her mother looked right into her eyes. "I want to go to Korea."

"What? Why?"

"It's a long story..." Ella replied and looked away.

"You have to tell me why?"

Ella didn't want to hide anything from her mother, due to that her mother loved her very much and has always supported her and Danson in everything they do. But on the other hand, she didnt want her mother to worry about anything. "Wo." Ella gasped. "Danson ge made a promised to a friend in Korea not too long ago..." She started to speak. "But Danson is in this state... I just want to go and let his friend know about this matter." Ella lied for the first time in her life. "I will only be gone for about 3 months." Ella placed up 3 fingers.

"3 months?" her mother repeated her words. "That's too long." Her mother didnt want her only daughter to leave, especially when her only son is in the hospital right now.

"Ma... Don’t worry about me..." Ella faked her smile. "I will only be a phone call away. You can call me if you miss me... Besides, I'm not going forever..." Ella removed her hands from her mothers. "Just take it like how I go on a vacation with Danson all the time... Just that I'm going alone..."

"Bu." Her mother shook her head. "I won't let you go alone."

"Hae ah... Then I will ask Hebe to go with me."

"Hebe?" her mother said and Ella nod.

"Yeah! Hebe and I can look after each other. She's my best friend..."

Her mother was lost in words. "Hao... But can you change the time to 1 month."

"Bu..." Ella shook her head. "I have many things I need to do in Korea... Not just Danson's affiar..."

"Hao." Her mother sigh.

"You two are so forgettable all the time. Remember to call me when you girls have arrived in Korea." her mother brushed her hair back.

"Hao." Ella nod.

The following day came and Wu Zun entered Ella's house. "Ni hao Aunty!" Wu Zun lowered his head to Ella's mother.

"Morning... Come in."

"Thank you." Wu Zun walked in.

"Ella is waiting for you up stairs..."

"Hao! Xie xie!" Wu Zun smiled and walked up stairs into Ella's room, seeing her sitting in front of her mirror. "Ella." He walked in.

"Wu Zun." She turned and stood. "Ni lai le." She tried to smile.

"You wanted to see me for what?" He paused.

It was going to be hard on the both of them. But Ella had no choice. "Wo..." Ella looked away.

"What is it?" Wu Zun asked curious now.

"I want to break up with you." Ella finally said and his eyes opened as wide as it could.

"Why?" He asked calmly. "Why do you-"

"I know from now on it's only going to get worser..." Ella interrupted him. "So I guess its best for the both of us to break it off here."

Wu Zun looked his eyes away. "No." He shook his head. "I don’t want to." He looked back at her. "If you don’t give me a good reason to break up, I wont let you go." He whispered.

Ella faked her smile. "Hao... Then I will tell you..." She walked towards him. "I never liked you..." She walked pass Wu Zun a little. "My brother only wanted to see me with you because he thought we looked good together... But I don’t think so... I never liked you." She looked at him "And I don’t want to hurt you anymore because my brother is in this state, that I don’t want to worry about anything else..." Ella gave him the reason.

Ella looked into his eyes and Wu Zun was already beginning to cry inside. She stopped. "So... Lets break it off here."

Wu Zun was lost in her words. Ella was his first love, and as well as his last love. He nod his head and left the room. Ella waited till her door closed and broke down in tears, hugging herself, she rubbed her hands onto her face. "Sorry Wu Zun... I don’t want to hurt you..." She cried to herself. "But... If I'm going to Korea... I have to make sure I have 100% confidence in myself...."

Wu Zun walked out of the Chen Resident and stopped by the gates to tear. He peeked back up to Ella's windows and gazed one last time, crying, he left for good.

"What?" Calvin gasped with everyone staring over. "Ella broke up with you?"

"Why?" Jiro asked.

"I don’t know..." Wu Zun was confused and still in shock of what happened. "But she told me she never liked me."

"What?" Anson said. "Never liked you? What's up with all this bull ? You guys looked all lovey dovey to me..."

"Yeah! Maybe she's lying." Sam looked a bit worried for Wu Zun.

"No." Wu Zun shook his head. "She wont lie to anyone."

"You don’t know... Especially when Danson's in this state... She could change..." Alan gave his thoughts too.

"Maybe..." Wu Zun whispered. "Or maybe she never did liked me."

Everyone sigh and didnt know what to do now. "Don't think too much... You’re going to go to Korea soon... Don’t let this distract you." Calvin patted his back. "I promise you, when you come back, Ella will sure ask you back."

"How are you going to do that?" Alan asked him, dibbling the ball.

"I don’t know... But I will have my ways." Calvin replied.

"Hao le... Lets practice..." Sam got up and walked over to the hop, with everyone else following besides Wu Zun.

Ella packed her clothing’s and belongings into her suit case and stopped to see the piece of paper on top of her drawer. Picking it up she stared at it. "Ella." Hebe walked into her room. "Are you ready?"

"I'm almost done." Ella replied back.

"What are you looking at?" Hebe asked and Ella hid it any in her pants pocket.

"Nothing." She lied again.

"Hao le... Hurry or else we'll be late for the plane..." Hebe rushed her.

"Hao! I will be out in a min..." Ella said and Hebe left her room.

Wu Zun was practicing his skills still, as he got a day left. He threw the ball and it flew into the hop within 2 seconds. "Wha! Wu Zun's skills are getting better and better." Alan was tired out.

"Yeah!" Sam and Johnny both fell to the ground already.

Wu Zun breath in and out heavily, still thinking about Ella. "Are you okay?" Calvin walked up to him.

"I'm fine... I will win." He smiled.

"I know you will." Calvin smiled too.

Ella hugged her mother. "I will be back soon..." She said.

"Hao... Be careful. Remember to call me!"

"Aunty!" Hebe grabbed Ella's mothers arms. "Don’t worry! I will take good care of her."

"Hao! Xie xie ni." Ella's mom hugged her too.

"We're off." Ella said and her mother nod. "If Wu Zun comes by here..." Ella took out a letter. "Give him this." She gave her mother the letter that was sealed in a white envelope.

"Hao..." Her mother grabbed it.

"Bye bye." Ella waved and left the resident with Hebe.

"Where are you going?" Sam asked, seeing Wu Zun grabbing his coat.

"I have to talk to Ella." Wu Zun replied and left the court.

"Eh!" Alan gasped but Wu Zun left already. "He's love sick!"

Wu Zun ran and ran and ran till he reached Ella's house, but he was too late. He saw Ella's mother standing there with a letter in her hands. Reaching it over to Wu Zun, he slowly grabbed hold of it. "She told me to give you this."

Wu Zun tried to smile but couldn’t. "Xie xie." he walked out of the resident and stood outside the gates. He opened it and read it with his eyes in shock.

======================================================================================================================