Chapter THREE

S o m e d a y

======================================================================================================================

Ella had fallen asleep on her warm bed. Her lights were shut off like always and her alarm clock was ticking like usual. Just then, her cell phone started to vibrate. "Wei." Her voice asked really tired.

In a few moments her feet were running around her room, as well as her hands grabbing for her coat and bag at the side. Who was on the other side of the call? What happened? Ella rushed her way down the stairs and her father, who wasn’t asleep yet, found her running like crazy down the steps. "Where are you going?" He asked her and she paused with a heavy breathing.

"I'm going to the hospital." Ella replied.

"For what?" Her father held a glass cup in his hands.

Ella didn't know how to tell her father. She looked at him with tears flowing down from her eyes like glitter. The next thing happening, was Ella herself running into the hospital like a manic. She arrived in a room where Danson was held in. Her face was smeared with tears all over.

"Ella." Wu Zun whispered seeing her there covering . "I couldn't believe it myself." He walked over to hold her.

Ella fell into Wu Zun's arms and cried her heart out. "I’m sorry." Wu Zun hugged her tight.

Aaron, Calvin, and Jiro, the other teammates of the team, were all crying. Ella was slowly walked over by Wu Zun to take a look at her brother who was now in a coma. She reached out her hands and didnt stop her crying. "Why?" She asked. "Why did this happen to you?" she covered her face.

The night went slow. Ella's father was sitting on the couch, staring off into space, and a tear fell. “Why can’t I do what I like? Why can’t I make my own choices? Why does everything have to be decided by you!” Danson's voice came into his father's mind.

- FLASH -

"Danson... He got into a car accident." Ella said and the glass from her father's hands fell, shattering.

"W-What?" her father asked.

"I'm on my way to see him in the hospital right now." Ella took a few steps and-

"Wait!" Her father stopped her. "Let me go with you."

"You go with me?" Ella was still crying. "It's because of you he got into this accident... And you still want to go?"

Her father stood there. "S-Sorry." He whispered.

"Sorry?" Ella laughed. “Do you think a simple sorry can fix this?” Ella shouted as loud as she could, not knowing how angry she was at the time and ran out.

Her father went into shock and fell to the couch. He sat there and walked out of the bed room was his wife.

- BACK -

"Honey!" His wife tugged him. "We should go too." She cried.

"No.." He shook his head. "Its my fault.." he teared.

The night came slow. Ella cried herself to sleep next to Danson's side. "You guys go home first. I will stay here with Ella." Wu Zun told his teammates.

"Hao." Calvin nod his head.

"Danson is this way. Who's going to be playing in the nationals with us? We're short one person." Jiro frowned.

"Yeah! The game is in a month..." Aaron added in.

"Don't worry! I have faith in Danson. I know he will wake up. Go home and get some rest." Wu Zun rushed them out of the hospital.

The next day finally came and Ella awoke her head up. She rubbed her eyes and saw Danson still lying there in front of her. "Ge." She shook him. "Its morning. Wake up!"

Wu Zun walked in and found her awake. "You're awake." He walked over. "Here." He handed her a soda can. "Drink this."

"No thanks." Ella frowned. "I'm not thirsty..."

"Ella. Don’t do this to yourself..." Wu Zun told her. "Danson will wake up soon..."

"Yeah! Danson is strong... He will wake up and play in the national game..." Ella started to cry again.

"Don't cry anymore." Wu Zun hugged her.

Just then, his cell started to ring. "Wei?" Wu Zun picked up. "What? Now?" He looked at Ella. "Hao... I will be there in 15 mins." He said and hung up his cell.

"Who was that?" Ella asked.

"It was Jiro. I have to go... You stay here with your brother.. I will come back to get you hao bu hao?"

"Hao." Ella nod and Wu Zun left her a kiss on her forehead, running out the room.

Meanwhile, at the basketball court that belongs to Danson and his team was Calvin, Jiro, and Aaron along with some new faces. They didn't look Taiwanese, and they're heights were beyond the beyond. "Where's your team captain?" The team Co-captain of other group asked holding onto a basketball.

"Don’t tell me he got scared..." The youngest member laughed.

"Shut up!" Aaron shouted and Calvin held him back.

"Our team captain isn’t here right now... Please leave." Calvin pointed the way out.

"Aiyo~ we just want to play a game... Since you guys are our first opponent in the nationals... We thought about dropping by to give it a go!"

"Yoo Chun." The leader of the team said and walked up. "No need to explain to them..."

"Hyung." The co-captain spoke in Korean.

Yes! They were Korea's number one basket ball team. "GODS"

"Leave now..." Calvin said once more.

"And what if we don’t?" The leader smiled.

"Kim Jae Joong." Wu Zun ran into the room and he turned his head.

"Yo! It's the skinny boy." Yoo Chun teased Wu Zun and he frowned.

"Danson has promised you that he would battle you once he gets into the nationals."

"Yeah! And he did." Jae Joong chewed onto his gum.

"He also stated 5 days later, he will challenge you..."

"I know... But-" Jae Joong stared.

"But what?" Aaron jumped in.

"Well if you would let me finish me sentences, maybe you wouldn’t have to ask why?" Jae Joong .

Aaron was ready to put a hard hit on his face, but Calvin was holding him back. "Don’t!" He gasped.

"Let me go!" Aaron said trying to break free.

"Hyung." Jun Su tapped him. "Coach just called. The plane is leaving."

"Araso." Jae Joong nod. "Hao!" He threw the ball at Wu Zun. "5 days later. My place." He took out a piece of paper and wrote his address on it. "Look for me." he capped his pen and walked out of the courts with his team.

"JERK!" Aaron shouted after they have left. "Why did you hold me back?" he pushed Calvin.

"If I didn't you would of done stupid things that could of got us kicked out of the nationals!" Calvin screamed at Aaron.

Aaron ran his fingers into his head and kicked the wall with his feet. "DAMN IT!" He shouted with anger. "!" he added.

"Those people are ruthless." Jiro frowned. "We have to beat them."

"But without Danson, we're nothing... And besides, he's our team captain." Calvin sigh.

"Well have to elect a new captain till Danson wakes up..." Wu Zun said and picked up the piece of paper into his hands.

"What do you mean?" Jiro asked him.

"I know that Danson wont be waking up anytime soon. His condition is bad..."

"So..." Aaron stood. "One of us will have to challenge Jae Joong." He said and Wu Zun nod his head.

"Me." Calvin said before anyone else could.

"Why you?" Aaron looked at Calvin. "I'm fastest at tricks... Let me!" he pointed to himself.

"No! Let me." Jiro said too.

"I'm the co-captain here! I will go." Wu Zun said and everyone stared at him. "Calvin will be in charge while I'm gone, and while Danson is still in his state of coma... Till I come back, we will select a new captain."

"But-"

"No buts." Wu Zun interrupted Aaron. "I will be leaving in 4 days time... In the mean time, don’t disturb me while I'm practicing." Wu Zun said and walked into the back room of the court, practicing his shots.

======================================================================================================================