Chapter TWO

S o m e d a y

======================================================================================================================

After the long victory party, Ella and Danson arrived at the front of the their resident door. It was about 4 am in the morning. “I will talk to father and mother about your national game…” Ella said side by side to Danson.

“What? I’m the one who should be talking to them… Not you!” Danson said and took out his keys.

“You think father and mother is going to listen to you?” Ella looked him straight in the eye as they both stopped at the front door. “I don’t think so!” She shook her head.

“Hao le.” Danson gave up, as his hands rose into the air. “You win.” he reached his keys to the door and it opened.

“Young master Danson…. Miss Ella.” Their maid said with a worried look on her face.

A few moments later, Danson and Ella was kneeling in front of their father who was so angry, he could hit them with a whip. Beside their father their mother was there, scared to death of what might happened to them. “Where did you two go?” Their father asked them and they didn’t reply back. “I asked, where did you two go?” Their father got more angry this time.

“Its my fault!” Danson said before his father started to blame him. “Ella has no fault in this matter.” he lowered his head, trying to protect his only sibling.

“No!” Ella shook her head. “I have to take part in this too!”

“Shut up!” Their father shouted and Ella jumped. “I thought I told you tow to stay away from basketball? You two don’t ever listen to me!” Their father threw the news paper towards Danson.

The news paper laid there as Danson’s eyes gazed at it. “You’re not going to go to the nationals!” Their father waved his finger at Danson. “Never will you go!” His temper rose even more than before.

“WHY?” Danson stood up.

“Ge.” Ella stood too and grabbed his arms. “Don’t be like this.” She whispered to him.

“No!” Danson shook. “Why can’t I do what I like? Why can’t I make my own choices? Why does everything have to be decided by you!” Danson pointed to his father.

“Why you little…” His father walked over and smack him across his face.

“Omo!” Their mother jumped.

Danson was breathing heavily. His right side face was a red. “Why?” He asked again. “Why must I go your way?” he didn’t even look at his father.

“Because your future has already been chosen for you…” His father answered his question.

“Really?” Danson laughed. “I don’t want that future…” He teared and left the scene in a rush.

“Danson!” Ella shouted, wanting to run after him.

“Don’t chase him!” her father stopped her.

“But-”

“Let him go! If he doesn’t come back, I don’t need him…” Her father frowned.

Ella was stuck in between. She was really worried about Danson now. Running out the Chen resident, Danson hoped into his silver Mercedes CL500 and drove off.

“And you.” Her father was not done yelling. “You’re a girl! Why do you come home so late?”

Ella gazed up to her father’s level. “Sorry….” Was all she could say.

“Sorry?” Her father repeated her words. “Do you think a simple sorry can fix this?”

Ella was pissed now. “I said sorry! What do you want me to do?” Ella lost her temper, throwing her bag across the room.

“You!” Her father gasped and walked over, rising his hands to hit her but stopped.

“You’re going to hit me?” Ella whispered. “Hao ah! Hit me and drive me out too!” Ella cried and her mother ran over.

“Ella.” Her mother hugged her. “Honey! Ella’s still young…”

Her father sigh and moved his hands behind him. “Don’t let her leave her room…” He turned. “She can’t leave the house no matter, do you guys understand!?” He said and all the maids to butlers nod. “Yes sir!”

Ella stood there and watched as her father left to his office and ran upstairs to her room, locking herself in there. She sat on the bed and cried her tears out. “You have the looks, you have the brains, you’re rich, you have a cool boyfriend and a cool brother who looks after you..” Hebe’s voice came into her head. “No way! I have nothing!” Ella said and wiped her tears away. “Nothing but a ruthless father.” She took off her shoes and laid on her bed.

Danson, who was driving 50 miles per hour, bit his fingers tips. “Why can’t I do what I like? Why can’t I make my own choices? Why does everything have to be decided by you!” His voice came into his head. “Why you little…” His father’s voice came in and the vision of his father hitting him followed. “Why?” He stopped his car suddenly. “Why can’t I make my own choices?” He slammed his hands on the wheel and laid his head back.

“Ring ring ring…” His cell started to ring,.

“Wei!” He answered. “Oh… Wu Zun… What? Hao ah! I have nothing to do anyways…”

“Did you get into a fight with your father?” Wu Zun asked, in his apartment cooking ramen.

“How did you know?” Danson asked and thought. “Ella told you!” His voice changed.

“She was worried about you…” Wu Zun replied.

“I’m fine… Eh, is it okay if I come over to your place…”

“Now?”

“Yeah!”

“Hao! I’m bored anyways! Aaron and Jiro are dead asleep… I’m really bored…” Wu Zun turned the stove off and switch his cell to his left ears. “I’ll see you in a bit then…”

“Hao… Bye bye!” Danson hung up and threw his cell to the side. He took the wheel and moved his car a bit forward and “BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!” A huge truck drove by and slammed into Danson’s silver Mercedes CL500, turning it upside down and crushing it into pieces.

Wu Zun’s pot of ramen fell from his grasp and spoiled all over the floor. “Ouch!” He burned himself. “What’s wrong with me?” He asked and started to clean his mess.

Ella’s picture frame, hanging on her wall, suddenly fell and crashed into many pieces of glass. She sat up and noticed that it was the picture of her and Danson. "What was that all about?" Ella walked over to pick up the frame and a glass nailed itself into her feet.

"Ouch!" She felt a little pain and sat on the chair.

Her blood dripped one drop to the floor. "Danson!" She whispered.

======================================================================================================================