Chapter TWENTY EIGHT

S o m e d a y

======================================================================================================================

Hebe was training with the guys out in the back yard of Jae Joong's resident. It was 2 on 2 game. Yoo Chun and Jun Su against Chang Min and Hebe. "I'll throw you the ball when you reached the hoop." Chang Min was telling her. "All you have to do is, make the shot."

"Eh..." Hebe was looked at him. "Oh! Okay." She smiled.

"Ready yet?" Yoo Chun bounced the ball in his hands.

"Ye." Chang Min nod his head. "Lets win." He shook her hands and ran up to Yoo Chun.

"Free throw?" Yoo Chun asked.

"Ok." Chang Min bended his knees a little.

Jun Su was behind Yoo Chun while Hebe was behind Chang Min. "GO!" Yoo Chun threw the ball high up into the air. Both Chang Min and Yoo Chun jumped up as high as they can, but in the end CHang Min caught it. He's tall....

"Go go go!" Chang Min gestured Hebe and she ran towards the hoop.

Jun Su was speed, so when Chang Min threw the ball, Jun Su caught it before Hebe could jump up to get it. "Aiyo!" Hebe fell to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Jun Su helped her up after he made the shot. "You're not hurt are you?"

"No." Hebe shook her head. "I'm okay." She stood.

"Its been 3 days since you've been playing with us." Yoo Chun walked over.

"I'm not use to it... But I will try my best." Hebe rubbed her arms.

"I don’t think she can play with us." Chang Min begin to worry about her. "She's getting hurt." He pointed to her arms. "We have 4 days till the finals."

"I know. But I'm not the one who letted her play with us." Yoo Chun bounced the ball that Jun Su threw to him.

"We should just give up." Jun Su advice and Hebe's eyes frowned. "I mean. With out Jae Joong and Yun Ho, we're nothing..."

"What do you mean?" Yoo Chun stopped him. "Who said we need them to play? We don’t count on them to win. We count on ourselves to win." He was still mad at Yun Ho for leaving the team.

"Just call Yun Ho up and tell him to come back." Hebe suggested them to do.

"He wont come if we call." Chang Min placed his hands on his waist. "He's like that."

"Then... I will really have to play in the finals." Hebe cried.

"Yah! You wanted to play... So don’t cry in front of us now." Yoo Chun was teasing her.

Ella was sitting inside the resident, staring out the clear window. She sigh and looked at her cell phone that was in her hands. A name popped on it. 'Wu Zun'.

"Who's that?" Jae Joong asked sitting next to her.

"You..." Ella jumped. "None of your business." She tugged it away.

"You're ex boyfriend?" Jae Joong asked.

"Bu." Ella shook her head.

"You're really something." Jae Joong smiled.

"What do you mean?" Ella looked at him.

"You're brave. stubborn. Dare devil. strong focus and concentration. Just the way I like it." He stared at her and she looked away.

"You're teasing me..." She whispered and rubbed her hands.

"I really like you." Jae Joong said. "Really."

"But I only think of you as friend." Ella replied. "Nothing more."

Jae Joong sat there in silence. "You know... There's an old saying..."

"What?"

"The past is a history. The future is a mystery. Today is a gift...." He looked at Ella. "That is why its called present."

*note:
I took that saying from somewhere, can you guess where?*

Ella's eyes frozed. "What do you mean?"

"Hebe told me that you broke up with your boyfriend just to come here to Korea... To help your brother..." Jae Joong crossed his arms. "Why? If you loved him so much, why did you break up?"

"Its none of your business."

"It is now..." Jae Joong un-crossed his arms. "The game is in 4 days. If I win the first game, you have to give me an answer."

"What if you lose." Ella asked.

"I will let you go." He stood.

"Liar." Ella chuckled.

"Liar?"

"You said if I joined the team, it means I accept you. But if I don’t, you let me go. But you're still hanging onto me."

Jae Joong giggled inside. "You're smart. So I still want to play this game for a little while longer."

"I don't care what game you're playing. I'm not going to give you an answer."

"Why?"

"Because I did already."

Jae Joong smiled. "I'll wait for your answer." He walked out of the room.

Ella sigh with annoyance. She watched as Jae Joong walked out of the room and entered the yard where everyone was practicing basketball. "The past is a history. The future is a mystery. Today is a gift.... That is why its called present." Ella's head was filled with his words.

The night soon fell and Hebe was all warned out, lying on the basket ball court in her gym outfit. "Ahh!" She cried. "My brain hurts. I'm so stupid to have taken the bait." She held her eyes shut.

"Here." Chang Min gave her some water. "It cool you down." He sat next to her.

"Xie xie." She grabbed it and took a sip. "Refreshing." She sigh.

"3 days left." Jae Joong frowned and Jun Su rubbed his wrist. "What are you guys going to do?"

"What do you mean what are we going to do? We're going to play." Yoo Chun replied.

"I won't be there... Nor will Yoo Chun." Jae Joong said.

"Who cares?" Yoo Chun asked. "As long as we do our best... We will continue to play."

Ella over heard them talking from the window near by.

"Ye. You just concentrate on your wedding with Ah Ra sshi." Chang Min .

"Eh! Who said I was going to marry her?" Jae Joong shot his glare over to him.

"What are you going to do then? Run away with Ella?" Hebe asked.

"That’s not a bad idea." Jae Joong giggled.

"It'll never happen." Jun Su whispered and everyone looked at him.

======================================================================================================================