Chapter TWENTYONE

S o m e d a y

======================================================================================================================

His eyes looked into the crowd and saw Yun Ho and Ella watching. He bit his lips and looked away. "Jae Joong ah." His mother poked him. "You cant let Ah Ra lose her face here. Its an order." She gave a tone to Jae Joong and he looked at her. "Now." She added and Jae Joong's lips tighten.

Yun Ho tighten his heart. "Don't deny..." He whispered. "Don’t suffer her." He added and Ella looked at him.

After a long 5 min pause, Jae Joong smiled. "Anio..." He whispered. "I don’t want to." He moved his hands away from Ah Ra's.

"What?" His mother gasped with her anger rising. "What did you just say?" Her eyes went dark.

"What is he doing?" Jun Su asked himself, worried about what's going to happen now.

Jae Joong turned away and faced the audience. "I don't want to marry someone that I don’t even love." He said and everyone stared to gasp to one another. "Ah Ra is like a little sister to me... Nothing more."

Ah Ra's eyes became teary. "I never thought of marrying her." Jae Joong said and Yun Ho tighten his fist.

"What's going on?" Ella asked, confused.

Yun Ho was angry. 'How could he embarrassed Ah Ra like this?' he thought to himself, since he liked her to.

Hebe and Chang Min ran towards Ella and Yun Ho. "Ella." Hebe gasped grabbing her hands.

"I dont get it... What's going on?" Ella was still confused.

"Jae Joong is asked to marry Ah Ra... That girl." Hebe replied.

"What?" Ella said and stared at Jae Joong, who was standing on the stage by his angry mother.

Jae Joong looked down to Ella and met her eyes. "I have someone else in my mind." He started to walk down the steps towards Ella.

"Don't tell me..." Hebe said and looked at Ella. "He's coming straight for you?" She noticed it.

"Impossible." Ella spoke to herself. She turned and...

"Ella." Jae Joong stopped her by calling her name. "Don't go." He said in Chinese. "I have something to say."

"Hyung!" Yoo Chun and Jun Su ran over.

Ella stopped not because of Jae Joong telling her to, but her legs weren’t working right at this time. She felt fear and danger that lied ahead of her path. She was worried.

"Ella." Jae Joong called her name again. "I have something I have to say to you." He approached her from the back.

"What's he going to say?" Hebe asked Chang Min.

"If I'm not wrong, he's going to tell her that he likes her." Chang Min replied.

"The one person I liked... Is you." He confessed.

"Eh?" Ella turned and faced him.

Jae Joong's mother frowned and walked her way down the steps and towards Ella she went.

*SLAPS*

Ella held her side cheeks with her right hands. Her faced was facing the other side. Jae Joong and Jun Su's eyes widen up so big and that they both ran forwards. "Ella." Jun Su got to her first. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Ella didn't reply. Behind her hands that she was hiding with her face, she was crying. She was sentimental some how. "Ella." Jun Su took her hands. "Are you okay?"

Yun Ho, Chang Min and Yoo Chun couldn’t believe it either, but it happened. Ella was slapped by Jae Joong's mother.

"Umma." Jae Joong said as a disappointment. "Why?"

"Why?" His mother got angry. "You ask me why? Let me ask you... How could you fall so low?" His mother threw her hands into the air and back to her side.

"Umma." Jae Joong stopped her. "Let me choose the way I want to live."

"What?" His mother grinned her teeth.

Jun Su wrapped his hands around Ella's shoulders. "Lets get out of here." He whispered into her ears and left the party together.

"Ella." Hebe took two steps and Chang Min pulled her back.

"Don't go! Jun Su will comfort her." He said.

"But-"

"Don't worry! Jun Su's good at these things."

Hebe's face expression read: 'But she needs me...'

Jae Joong watched as Ella and Jun Su left the party, and stood there with a sad face. "Miane." He whispered to himself.

* AFTER THE PARTY *

Jae Joong stood in an empty room with his mother, still wearing his attire, while Yun Ho, Yoo Chun, Chang Min, Hebe and Ah Ra stood outside the room with an awkward silence. All they could see was their figures in the glass windows, seeing Jae Joong's mom with her hands flying all over the place. "How could you?" His mother shouted. "In front of all those people, how could embarrass Ah Ra, my future daughter in law..."

"I don’t want to marry Ah Ra." Jae Joong replied.

"Its not what you think, its what I think...."

"Umma-"

"Don't call me umma..." His mother interrupted him. "I have never taught you to behave this way..." She pointed her fingers. "Because of that girl... You're like this..."

"Ella has nothing to do with this. Don't drag her into this..."

"What? Are you warning me?"

"Ye."

His mother placed her hands on her head and sigh. "Jae Joong ah! My son." She walked up to him and held his face. "You're my only son... I don't want to make things hard for you."

"Then let me choose the way I want to live..." Jae Joong said and his mother removed her hands.

"You're not listening to me... Really?"

"Ye..." Jae Joong replied. "I... I really like Ella..."

"You..." His mother lost it. "I wont let you and her be together... Just you watch..." She lowered her voice and walked out the room.

"Ajima..." Ah Ra said as Jae Joong's mother walked out the door. "Its okay... I don’t mind."

Yun Ho stared at Ah Ra. "I'm fine." She smiled.

"I will take care of it..." Jae Joong's mother said and walked away, leaving everyone there.

"Hyung." Yoo Chun ran into the room. "Are you okay? You're mother didnt hit you right?"

"Anio." Jae Joong shook his head. "Where's Jun Su and Ella?"

"I don’t know..." Yoo Chun replied.

======================================================================================================================