Chapter 08.

3 Days To Fall In Love

You burped and saw Yongguk chuckling. "Yah, don’t laugh!" You hit his arm gently. Yongguk's face immediately turned into a stern one.

"Aren’t you supposed to apologise? Where're your manners, Kwon Raein?" Confusion flashed across your face and you blinked. "I said, apologise." Yongguk repeated.

"What are you, my mum?" You scoffed as you crossed your arms and looked away.

Yongguk placed his hand over his chest with his mouth agape, "Hurtful~ All I said was ask you to apologise!" 

"Whatchu gonna do if I don’t? Shoot me with your alien beams or something?" You rolled your eyes.

"No, something better." Yongguk said as he slowly stood up and headed towards you. You shot up and backed off with every step he took. It wasn’t long before you met with the cold hard wall, preventing you from moving any further. Yongguk smirked and wiggled his eyebrows and you pretended to gag.

"Go away!!" You tried to push him off you but to no avail. He leaned in and stopped a few centimeters away from your face. *Bang Yongguk is really the most flawless creature in the world. When will I be able to call you mine?* You thought as you stared into his dark brown orbs. Yongguk could see you slightly puckering your lips and snickered before placing his hands on your waist. Thinking that he was preparing to kiss you, you slowly closed your eyes and Yongguk watched in amusement.

"3...2...1.." He started the countdown and as he reached zero, he tickled you as hard as he could and his face broke into a wide grin. Nothing was better than seeing the girl he was attracted to smile. Nothing.

"Yong-yongguk s-st-stop!!!" You shouted while laughing in between. Tears were forming in your eyes and it has been some time since you laughed so hard. He slowly stopped the tickling and you immediately took this chance to escape. Both of you were having so much fun that you didn’t hear the doorbell ringing. 

The person outside the door tapped her feet impatiently and continued to ring the doorbell. She could definitely hear the two of you laughing away like she was non-existent and boy; she didn’t like it at all. She looked around and saw that the coast was clear before raising her hand and channeling her energy on it. The angrier she is, the stronger the energy created. She threw the door an angry smirk knowing that it wasn’t going to open any moment. Just as she was about the release the energy on the door, it opened. 

She hid her hand behind her back almost instantly as the energy faded away. "OH! Hi, what may I do for you?" You beamed at her innocently after recovering from your one second of shock. She looked hideous, no doubt. *That little , smiling so sweetly. Just you wait, it won’t be long before I rip your mouth apart.* She thought as she threw you a sweet smile back. "Ah, I’m here to-" A deep voice cut her off.

"Who's there? What's taking you so long?" Yongguk said as he came to stand behind you. Recognition flickered in his eyes as he processed who the ugly lady was talking to you. She shot Yongguk a lopsided grin and Yongguk let out a soft growl. 

You looked at the both of them and asked, "Yongguk, is this your friend?" She took the chance to reply as quickly as she could.

"Why yes, I'm his friend. We've known each other for a long long time. Right, Yongguk?" She blinked innocently at the both of you. Yongguk wanted to chase her away but you've already invited her in.

"Since she's your friend, come on in! Um.." 

"Sunny. Call me Sunny." She smiled again. *Friend, my foot. Sunny, my . When will she ever give up?* Yongguk cursed and watched her every move, in case she tries anything funny.

"Hi Sunny! I'm Raein." You extended your hand out for a handshake, and she took it.

"I know your name, Yongguk mentions me to you all the time." She smoothly lied.

"Ah, really!" You turned to look at Yongguk while blushing. "Nah, he probably said bad things about me right?" Yongguk couldn’t help but let out a soft laugh even under this tense atmosphere. *Ew, son of a , so gullible. Tsk.* She rolled her eyes.

"Well, on the contrary. Anyway, I’m here today to bring Yongguk out." 

"WHAT?" Yongguk shouted.

She ignored him and leaned in to whisper in your ear, "You know.. The whole alien thing. I'm an alien too. He's already been here for the third day. And the mission is due tomorrow." You gasped as you remembered about the mission. But you didn’t know what will happen if he fails.. Usually Yongguk would be able to hear even when others are whispering but it seems like she had built up an invisible soundproof wall around you and her.

As if she read your mind, "If he fails, he's gonna die. So, I’m bringing him out to find girls to complete the mission so that he can return to his planet. As his friend, you wouldn’t want him to die right? So, is it alright if I bring him out to 'fall in love' with other girls?" She said with a slight pleading tone so that you'll be convinced. Being the naive person you are, you nodded your head frantically. Even though it hurts you to know that Yongguk will fall in love with another girl, you wouldn’t want him to die. You can’t be that selfish and keep Yongguk by your side when he doesn’t feel anything for you.

She smirked victoriously when you gave her your permission. Honestly, what you said didn’t matter. Whether you agreed or not, she was going to have Yongguk go out with her. Not to mention, she said a little lie and you believed it easily. Professor Bang wouldn’t kill Yongguk just because he failed the mission. I mean, Yongguk was more precious to him than other aliens. Tops, he'll just punish him by asking him to clean up the dumpster back in his planet.

She hooked Yongguk's arm and dragged him to the door. You felt a sharp pain in your heart but you ignored it and ran to the door to send them off on their "outing" to find girls. What a way to put it, to find girls. "Bye, have fun and please complete the mission!" You shouted while waving to them. *I'm a girl too, you know. Yongguk can complete the mission because.. I'm already in love with him.* You thought sadly.

"We will!" She shouted without looking back and waved a hand in the air. Yongguk turned to look at you and smiled, even though he had no idea why you brought up the mission. He tried to stop her but she was too strong. *Curse her for being so old.* Yongguk thought.

"I can hear that." She said, eyes still looking in front.

"I didn’t say anything!" Yongguk protested. She faced Yongguk and laughed.

"I forgot to tell you.. I can read minds?" She tilted her head to one side and continued walking, while dragging Yongguk of course.

"Wh-what? STOP. I have questions!" She continued walking to a street full of cafes and shops. "Yah! Can you hear me?" Yongguk shouted.

Everyone stared at this peculiar couple and not to mention her, because of her looks. The both of them entered a cafe and she ordered 2 chocolate chip frappe. "More whipped cream for one of the frappe, thanks!" Yongguk was still trying to remove her grip on him until he heard what she ordered. "That's your favourite right? Chocolate chip frappe with extra whipped cream." She looked at Yongguk's eyes and smiled sincerely. No smirk, no evil grin but a sincere smile. Yongguk softened a little and nodded. He hadn’t drink any of this before (not in his NEW life) yet but among the lattes and frappes, he would choose chocolate chip frappe. Maybe he could still give her a chance to be friends. Just friends.

She even paid for the frappe and led Yongguk the way out. The walk was silent as she suddenly stopped her tracks. Yongguk realised they were at the park. She walked towards an empty bench and swept the leaves off before sitting down. Yongguk followed suit. She took out the frappe with more whipped cream from the bag and passed it to Yongguk. He grabbed it from her hands and took a sip from it. Ah, how the chocolate melts in his mouth.. He placed the cup beside him and played with his fingers.

"Don’t you have questions for me?" She brushed her boots against the green grass and looked at Yongguk. He was taken aback by how she didn’t force him to do anything and that she just wanted a nice little chat at the park.

"Yeah, yeah I do. Firstly, why did you lie? Why did you tell Raein your name was Sunny? Even though... Sunmi, Sunny, sounds the same. BUT STILL." He asked softly but his tone was impatient.

"I don’t know okay. At times, when I get a little angsty, I might have a split personality?" Sunmi replied. "Seeing her gets on my nerves a little. How she's so perfect and pretty and most importantly..." She paused for a few seconds before mumbling. "How she got your heart." Sunmi continued to play with the grass with her boots.

But Yongguk heard it. He let out an audible sigh. "Then, what did you whisper to her? Why couldn’t I hear anything? I thought my ears failed me." 

"I used a spell. So that you couldn’t hear what I said to Raein. Then I wouldn’t be able to get you out of the house and we wouldn’t be here sorting things out."

"Spell? Aliens.. do spells? I thought only witches do spells and that wasn’t applicable to us since we're ALIENS, remember?" Yongguk emphasized.

"When you were gone, many things happened to me. I left that planet and wandered in space for some time before landing on Secretz. Only girls existed there and from what I know, they were witches. Secretz is Planet MATO B124AP224's sister planet. But only the most powerful warriors, which is B.A.P, knew of their existence so that when the need arises, which are times like war, Secretz would provide potions and use spells to use against the enemy. And.. I found out my mum was banished there. At least, I found my mum!" Sunmi tried to lighten the mood with a crooked smile.

Yongguk shook his head and let out a forced laugh. "Too much info girl. First Professor Bang and now this.. So, I’m guessing your mum taught you spells?" 

"Well, yeah some. Some that could actually help me in daily life situations. Like just now." She joked. 

"O.. Kay. Wait. So what did you tell her? She looks a little.. devastated." Yongguk asked cautiously.

"I merely said you'll die if you don’t complete the mission. And that I’m bringing you out to find girls so that you can complete the mission. But I could see the disappointment in her eyes.." Sunmi whispered the last sentence guiltily.

"You WHAT?! Oh god Sunmi, why did you say that? ." Yongguk groaned. 

"What! I told you I have a split personality, maybe. Ugh, I’m sorry alright! But at least you know she was disappointed to let you go which means, you mean something to her!" Sunmi encouraged. 

Yongguk leaned back with his eyes opened big, scrutinising her like she was an alien from outer space. (Technically, she is but you get my point.) Sunmi actually saying something like that. Hasn’t it always been her plan to break him and you apart? "Why are you so nice? Don’t you... Want me back or something?" He asked.

"Yes I do, but I’m like what, more than a hundred years old. Definitely OLD enough to know that what’s mine will be mine and if it’s not mine, it’s not mine. Simple. Plus, I understand I was just your past lover, I need to move on, blah blah blah." Sunmi explained nonchalantly while drinking her frappe.

"Wait, if you're that understanding about this, does this mean that 'Sunny' was the one behind all the.. um.. How do I put it...? 'Attacks'?" Yongguk put two bunny fingers beside his ears and bent them to explain his point. He wasn’t too sure if Sunmi was making excuses and pushing the blame to her other half 'Sunny', but a small part of him believed it.

Sunmi stopped her straw and looked at Yongguk with slight fear in her expression. She started shaking her head and mumbling to herself. "Oh . this, this isn’t good. , I’m in trouble. ." She stood up and paced up and down with Yongguk staring at her, baffled.

He stood up and shook Sunmi's shoulders. "Sunmi. Hey. Look at me. Sunmi. SUNMI!" He shouted at the last word. Sunmi snapped out of her thoughts and dropped her cup of frappe. "What happened? Hmm?" Yongguk whispered.

"Bang Yongguk, I-" Her bottom lips started to quiver. "I'm in some deep mothering ."