Chapter 17.

3 Days To Fall In Love

A night with 3 male friends, what could happen? Nothing. Except for the fact that you and Jongup were dead drunk. The other two just had better alcohol tolerance and even better self-discipline. If you weren’t friends with the 2 bosses, the bill for the amount of alcohol you drank would've hit the roof. Not like it mattered to you. You do not live in a mansion for nothing, right? Youngjae and Daehyun tried stopping you but you had too much going on that day for you to keep your hands off the alcohol. Not to mention, the two couldn’t be bothered about Jongup plus, there weren’t any pretty ladies for him to disturb other than you.

"Hey Daehyun, I’m gonna bring Jongup home. You bring Raein home." Youngjae said nonchalantly as he started to wipe the bar counter, preparing to call it a day. There was no response from Daehyun so Youngjae looked up and saw Daehyun gaping like he saw a ghost. He really needs to maintain his panic attacks, he gets shocked or surprised too easily. Youngjae rolled his eyes, "Why are you so shocked again? I didnt ask you to screw her up, I just asked you to send her home. You know the way to her house right?"

Daehyun took a deep breath through his mouth, almost hyperventilating. "NO! She moved. I went to look for her before but the house that she lived in was rented to someone else so.." He trailed off.

"Well this is annoying. We have two stinky friends here who only care about drinking. They drink for free, but we are the ones who have to bring them home! Money for petrol! Money for cab! Do you know the oil prices are increasing nowadays..." Youngjae blabbered off while Daehyun just stared at you, brushing your bangs off your face just like how he always did. 

Now that he's back in your life, does he stand a chance? Will you come back to him and the both of you will tease each other like before? Will he get to taste those lips again? Will he get to hold your tiny hand in his again? How much he wished all these will come true.

"Yah Jung Daehyun! Are you listening to me?" Youngjae snapped his fingers in front of Daehyun's face.

"Uh.. Yeah. How about i see if she has any friends in her phone that I can ask..?" Daehyun suggested.

"Good idea. Well, done for the day boss. Money please." Youngjae stretched his hand out.

Daehyun slapped his hand away, "Pay's next week bro."

"Pay's next week bro." Youngjae imitated Daehyun. "How about I bring Jongup home next week? Cause my pay's next week bro."

Daehyun glared at Youngjae in disbelief. Just his luck that he has such a friend. He slapped a few 100,000 won bills on the counter. "Take a cab, you can keep the rest."

"Oh don’t worry, I was planning to do that." Youngjae grinned from ear to ear as he stuffed the bills into his pocket and supported the drunken Jongup out of the club.

Once the other two were out of sight, the surroundings emitted a deafening silence. It was so quiet that only your heavy breathing and the loud thumping of his heart could be heard. Before he could start wallowing in self-pity on how he wished you could be his again, your phone rang. He rummaged your purse and fished out your iPhone. "Yes?" Daehyun answered.

"Uh.. Who's this?" A man's voice spoke cautiously.

"No, who are YOU? Why are you calling her so late at night?" Daehyun could hear a light scoff from over the line and made a disgusted face to the phone.

"I'm Raein's butler, Himchan. Now who the heck are you and why do you have her phone? DID YOU KIDNAP HER?!" Himchan gasped.

"Oh.. No I didnt kidnap her. But you called at the right time, where's her house? I'll send her home now."

"Why not you tell me where you are and I’ll go and fetch Raein? I don’t trust you.." 

"Your agashi is drunk now either you tell me where her house is or I’ll bring her to mine and her. CHOOSE." Daehyun wanted to know where you live. So that he could.. maybe.. occasionally.. stalk you.

"FINE! Don’t do anything to her, you- UGH." Himchan gave up arguing with Daehyun and told him the directions to your house.

"Be there soon." That was all Daehyun could reply before hanging up.

He slid a strong arm around your petite waist and held you up so that you will not fall. After taking a few steps, you stumbled due to your heels. Daehyun chuckled slightly and carried you bridal style to his car in the end.

At the sight of your mansion, Daehyun let out a soft gasp. Compared to the small run-down apartment that you used to live in, this is a hundred times bigger. And there's only one person living here. He heard a shuffle from the passenger's seat and saw you gaining consciousness. You blinked a few times at your blur vision and blurted, "Yong..guk?"

Daehyun's small smile disappeared. Yongguk? Was that a new guy in her life? "No, I'm Daehyun." He said softly.

"Daehyun?" You asked, before realising Yongguk was gone. You looked away. Daehyun caught the disappointment in your voice when he said he was Daehyun. *Guess she moved on after all...* Even though his car was right in front of the mansion, he didnt want to leave. 

"So.. Who is this Yongguk?"

"You wouldn’t believe me if I told you the whole story."

"Try me." Daehyun placed a hand on yours. You looked into those warm brown eyes before nodding. And soon enough, everything was told. Daehyun could feel his heart breaking bit by bit. He waited for her but she didnt. It’s his fault for leaving so abruptly anyway..

Daehyun opened the car door and made his way to the other side of the car and opened the door for you. You were still in your drunken state but at least you could walk now. Before you could say anything, Daehyun placed a soft kiss on your forehead. Memories invaded your mind at that very instant. The day when he asked you to be his girlfriend, he did the exact same thing. Your stomach did a flip flop. Daehyun's heart was beating so loudly, he hoped you didnt hear.

Daehyun removed his lips from your forehead while your skin still burned from the warmth of his lips. "So.. I guess I’ll see you soon Raein-ah. Goodnight.." He whispered against your ear and pulled away. Looking at you for one last time for the night, he went back to his car. 

You ran your fingers through your hair and groaned. You looked like a wreck. After giving Himchan a short message at the intercom beside the front gates, you took in a deep breath and ran. You ran as far as you could, as much as you could. You didnt know where your legs were bringing you, you didnt care whether the oxygen in your lungs were depleting, you needed to do something. If running could deplete your energy and bring you into a deep slumber to forget everything, why not?

After what seemed like a long time, you stopped to take a breather. Your surroundings were oddly familiar and your eyes lit up when your mind told you the answer. You were opposite your old home. You smiled at the bittersweet memories where the scholarship helped you throughout your education, especially when you lost your parents at a very young age.

You looked at the run-down apartment fondly. Even though you were rich now, you were not one to flaunt your wealth. You would rather stay in this dirty apartment than that huge mansion as long as you are contented. But you are one of the most eligible bachelorettes around; you had an image to keep.

Drowning in your memories, you crossed the wide road slowly, taking your time.

Until you heard someone scream, "Raein, WATCH OUT!"

Before you knew it, everything went black.