Chapter 29.

3 Days To Fall In Love

"I had the perfect family. My wife was beautiful and my daughter was sought for by many. But my obsession for aliens became worse and worse each day, I cooped myself up in the lab and tried to build machines and even create aliens. My wife was so worried for my well-being, she fell sick herself. Not to mention she had to take up many jobs to support the family since I spent all the money in our bank account for my research. Raein even advised me to get out of my lab and forget about aliens but I refused to listen. They tried to tell me aliens were impossible. In the end, my wife passed away and Raein hated me. She thinks that I'm the cause of her mother's death, which I can’t deny...." Professor Bang could feel the dampness on his cheek as he placed his hands over his face to muffle his sobs.

"I was wondering who were the girls in the photo frame in your room.." Jokomato muttered, causing Professor Bang to stare at him. Jokomato noticed it and tried to cover it up, "I was looking for you but you weren’t in your lab! I had no choice but to go to your room!"

"But.. Wait, are you saying Raein.. That Raein that Yongguk likes, might be an alien?!" Dadamato gasped and Yongguk immediately leaned closer to hear Professor Bang's answer. Professor Bang nodded. "There is a possibility. I named her Raein too. I don’t know where did she get her surname 'Kwon' from but it’s all too much of a coincidence."

Yongguk nodded, taking in what Professor Bang said. "So how do we prove if she's human or alien?"

"I'm sure you can figure that out. Aliens heal fast, have powers, what else? Think! I'm pretty sure I remembered to create a brain for my aliens." Professor Bang joked. Yongguk was thinking how to approach you. What if you knew you might be an alien? Will you hate yourself? Will you be disgusted? Or will you be happy that you are of the same species as Yongguk?

"To be able to start using your own powers, an alien has to swallow a pill right? Why not trick Raein into swallowing the pill and if she really has a power, she must be an alien!" Tatsmato suggested. Everyone nodded enthusiastically at Tatsmato idea.

"Let’s execute that plan after Raein and her friends recover alright? Now let’s go check on them." B.A.P said their goodbyes to Professor Bang and made their way to Raein's hospital room. Never in their lives did they even think that you might be an alien. But what if you weren’t an alien and you're the real daughter of Professor Bang? It’s too soon to conclude anything.

You were sitting upright on your bed and staring outside the window when B.A.P entered the room. You felt your lips curve into a small smile when you saw Totomato bouncing into the room. He just had that ability to make people smile. Your eyes scanned everyone and finally landed on Yongguk, who was staring back into your eyes. Your heart jumped slightly and you had to look away before you start to embarrass yourself.

After a long silence, you managed to squeak, "Thanks guys. Couldn’t have survived without all of you." B.A.P instantly turned into shy young boys giggling sheepishly, acting like it wasn’t a big deal.

"Thank Yongguk! He was the one that spent so much time just to persuade our Professor to let us come to Earth." Totomato praised and Yongguk instantly turned red. The rest were howling and teasing their leader.

"Nah.. I didn’t do much." Yongguk looked away shyly before continuing, "Raein-ah, do you want to visit your friends?" He coughed awkwardly. You nodded and held on to Yongguk's hand to help yourself off the bed. The 7 of you went to visit Junhong first. When you entered the room, Junhong was covering his whole body with the blanket.

"Junhong oppa?" You called out softly. Junhong took a small peek at his visitors and hid under the blanket again. You felt queasy since this wasn’t how Junhong usually greets you. He would either be really happy or at least acknowledge your presence, but this time he didn’t. B.A.P were equally clueless at the situation since they don’t even know Junhong as well as you. "Junhong oppa?" You tried again, this time a little louder but Junhong only shifted his position to face the opposite direction.

You turned to B.A.P and asked them to stay outside for the moment since you wanted to talk to Junhong privately. They immediately agreed and left the both of you alone. You walked to Junhong's bed and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Are you going to ignore me? What happened? Mind telling me?" Junhong shook his head from beneath the covers and you sighed.

"I'm sorry. If only I wasn’t in your life from the start, maybe you wouldn’t be angry at me.." You whispered while looking at his figure. Junhong immediately bounced up from beneath the covers and shook his head furiously. His hands were also in a cross action, indicating that he wasn’t angry at you. You slumped your shoulders.

"Then why? Why won’t you talk to me?" You stared into Junhong's eyes as you took one of his hands into yours.

His bottom lip started to quiver as he tried his very best to croak out, "I cant." You felt your whole world stop there and then as you took in his voice. Junhong's unique voice. He said he liked to rap. His voice became so hoarse and barely audible. It was a torture to even talk for Junhong. It was the potion that Sunny made his drink. You felt your blood boil and you unconsciously bawled your fists tightly.

Junhong held both of your shoulders and shook you lightly so that your attention was back on him. He pointed to himself and made an 'OK' sign, just to calm your nerves. You took in deep breaths and tried to calm down for the sake of Junhong. He took a notepad and pencil on the table counter beside the bed and started to scribble on it. You stared at him as he stuck out his tongue in concentration. Guilt washed over you when your brain finally registered that Junhong is in this plight because of you. Before you had the chance to chide yourself, Junhong folded the paper into half and passed it to you.

You tilted your head curiously but Junhong just tapped the paper twice, asking you to read it. You nodded with a small smile and opened the letter. It was rushed but the handwriting was still neat and tidy. The letter wrote:

Raein-ah, don’t blame yourself for my voice alright? It’s not your fault! It’s that witch Sunny's fault. I barely have a voice now but you won’t leave me right! :P

Do you know what’s my biggest regret? I used to think as long as I'm by your side, I'm happy enough. As long as I am able to do my part in protecting you, I'm satisfied. But I'm still having regrets. Not because I sacrificed just my voice to save you, but I didn’t get a chance to say 'Raein, I love you.'

Funny how I had a crush on you since high school and I only gathered my courage to know you recently. I'm a coward. I didn’t think confessing to you was necessary since I knew I never got your heart in the first place. But now that I've lost my voice, I really want to be able to say those three words to you. I'll miss hearing my own voice calling your name. I'm equivalent to a mute now. I don’t want my sacrifice to go to waste. I want you to be happy with Yongguk hyung. I know you love him and I know he loves you too. The both of you went through so much ups and downs, I'm sure your love will overcome any difficulties that the both of you encounter in the future! Don’t let me down alright! Don’t feel guilty about my voice anymore and stay happy ;)

"I'm sorry, I didnt know you liked me. I'm sorry I dont reciprocate your feelings... Thank you Junhong, for everything you've done for me. I swear I'll never be able to repay you in my whole life.." You wept as you gave Junhong a warm tight hug. Junhong didn’t hug you back, instead he wrote on the notepad again and showed you what he wanted to say.

If you want to repay me, just be my best friend for as long as we can be. Promise! :D

"I will.." You sniffled as you held out your pinky. Junhong gladly laced his pinky with yours as the promise was sealed.