Chapter 21.

3 Days To Fall In Love

You jolted out of your unconscious state to find that dawn was already arriving. Images of the experience last night crept into your mind, making your palms sweat. You clutched the side of your head and shook it gently. "I must be dreaming. I must have had been really drunk last night. Yes. That’s what happened." You tried to convince yourself.

As you stood up from the couch and prepared to wash up, your feet bumped into a small hard object. You looked down to find your phone, with the message still in sight. A soft gasp escaped your mouth as the air suddenly turned chilly again. A lump formed in your throat. *Jongup and Youngjae.. Will be hurt? Is this all a prank? Is this some form of test?* You looked around the empty living room to spot for any intruders or anything suspicious. But there was nothing.

A vibration between your hands brought you out of your thoughts. *Another.. threat?* You pushed the thought out of your mind as you read the message. It was from the same unknown number.

It’s not a dream my dear...

Wakey wakey...

Have you made a decision...

Oh wait...

Since I'm so fickle minded...

And nice...

I'll let you off...

But now you have to choose...

Himchan, Hyosung or Jongup, Youngjae?

Oh how I love to make your life miserable...

Make your decision by tonight...

Or SUFFER...

*. This person got Himchan and Hyosung. No wonder no one was at home.* You paced to and fro while clutching your phone tightly to your chest. None of this was supposed to happen. Who is this threatening to take away lives of people close to you? If his or her motive is money, you'll gladly set up a god damn will and give the person all your bloody inheritance. But no, his or her motive is to make you suffer.

As a whole new set of fresh tears start to appear, you laughed. You laughed so loudly that probably people from a few blocks down could hear it. Your laughter hid so many emotions: disappointment, anger, fear and so much more.

Your sub conscious was already mocking you. Mocking at how useless and weak you are. Mocking at how you can’t even protect yourself and is even scared of an empty threat sent through a text message. Mocking at how pathetic you made yourself look after Yongguk left. Is this you? Are you still YOU?

You clenched your fists so tightly; small half crescent dents could be seen on your palm due to your fingernails. You were going to change yourself from now on. the old Raein, the new Raein will be better and stronger so that no one will be able to bring you down. No one.

--------------------

Ever since he graduated from the same high school as her, he gave up pursuing his studies. Junhong was a smart and adventurous boy and hated routines. He was just not cut out for school. To not gain any attention to himself, he had failed every single test in high school except for exams, which he would barely pass. But he was born intelligent. He had a high IQ compared to other kids his age and he picks up knowledge as quick as a data being transmitted through an optical fibre. 

Junhong threw his kimchi cup ramen into the bin and propped his legs in a position such that it was close to his chest. He used the table to pull himself towards his desk that had 5 running desktops - each used for a different purpose. He turned himself towards desktop 1 and typed "Choi Junhong" and uploaded a picture of himself in a tracking programme. Then, he turned himself again towards desktop 4 and double clicked on the phone and text records tracking device programme. While it is loading, he turned back to desktop 1 and deleted all related files and pictures that will expose his identity. He can’t risk it.

Besides all these, there was one thing that intrigued Junhong in his life, other than gadgets and adventures. And that was HER.  Junhong could have aced his tests and exams easily just so that he could be in the same class as her but he hated attention. He knew how realistic the outside world was. Hypocrites everywhere. He hated people. But Kwon Raein changed him. She made him realise that there are people out there, who is beautiful both inside and out. 

 

That was when Junhong realised and understood, love. Even in the dating field, he knew that love can’t be forced or whatnot. It didnt take him long to understand the feeling of 'As long as she's happy, I'm happy'. Without anyone knowing, he fell deeper and deeper in love with this girl, even thought she had no idea this man ever existed. Just by looking at her cheery face made his heart skip a beat. Maybe it was because he is a wallflower, Junhong noticed her every expression. Even when she frowned for a milli second and tried to cover up with her pretty smile, no one caught it, except Choi Junhong. Her every suitor that was after her love, whether they were sincere or not, only Choi Junhong knew.

The programme on desktop 4 loaded and a soft beep was heard. Junhong snapped out of his thoughts before browsing through the records. Everything was alright until he got to the recent contact that had an unknown number. He furrowed his eyebrows and bit his lip in suspicion. Junhong let his fingers do a little dance by shaking them up a little, before turning to desktop 2 to search for this unknown number. But the thing is... The number, does not even exist.

The thought of confessing didnt even cross the innocent Junhong's mind. He was not going to reveal his feelings until he had the courage to, which was probably never. Even when Daehyun and you were hanging out, it didnt crush him one bit. Because even though he was hurt, his love for you washed away the pain in his heart. And to see a smile from you, made everything worthwhile. He knew that Daehyun and you will not have a happy ending. The hierachy in the school was crystal clear. But seeing that even though glares and gossips surrounded you every day, and yet your love for Daehyun didnt even falter one bit, he just let it go.

*Number doesn’t exist? Weird.. I'll just read the message..* He mentally apologised a billion times before clicking the message. His jaw dropped and he started to panic. Thoughts were running through his mind like a locomotive.

Was she scared? Everyone is leaving her.

Can she cope alone? Obviously no. 

Was she injured in any way? I hope not.

Did she offend anyone? I dont think so. 

Just then, Junhong froze on the spot. He remembered something that happened a few months ago and he had a feeling he knew who was behind this...

The day he decided to protect her silently was the day he saw her cry. Not tears of joy, but tears that were shed because of Daehyun. His heart shattered and hurt more than when he saw her and Daehyun together. He wanted to whisper soothing words into her ear and hug her close. He wanted to wipe her tears with his thumb and kiss her forehead. He wanted to cradle her while she cries herself softly to sleep, just so that she will feel better. He will be her rebound guy, he doesn’t even mind. But he was a coward, Choi Junhong was a coward. Apparently he didnt have enough courage to even talk one step towards her, no matter how much he wanted to. But he swore, he promised, to no one but himself, that he will protect her from everyone that attempts to hurt her, that approaches her with a motive. He would be her guardian angel, Kwon Raein's guardian angel.