Chapter 13.

3 Days To Fall In Love

Flashback Part 3:

The weekend passed by quickly and soon Monday arrived. You trudged to class, thinking about what that dude’s name could be and of course, the kiss. You started smiling to yourself and your classmates gave you weird stares. You just waved them off and hoped that you'll see him soon.

The day passed by with you daydreaming 99% of the time. As you walked past the school gates, someone pulled your bag, making you stumble backwards. "YAH YOU SON OF A-" You stopped when you saw a shade of blonde.

"I'm a son of a what?" Daehyun mused. You cleared your throat awkwardly and continued, "You, Mr.. Uh.. Sorry but.. What’s your name...?" He ruffled your bangs. Again. UGH. Its messed up now. You fixed your bangs while waiting for his reply. "Kwon Raein-ssi, you are talking to the great Jung Daehyun." He lifted his head and patted his chest.

You stifled a laugh and choked, "Great? You? GREAT? More of cocky bastard!" His face immediately turned serious and dragged you (or rather the bag attached to your back) to the bus stop. "Yah yah STOP! I can walk you douche." 

He let go and you fell on your . "Ouch! WHY YOU." You shot him a glare and he just smiled innocently at you which somehow made your heart flutter. "I have a name, not son of a whatever or douche. Say my name!!" 

"Ugh, Daehyun." You grumbled before standing up on your feet. 

"Now call me oppa!!! Or are you older?" Daehyun tilted his head.

"You're definitely older.. But why must I call you oppa! I'm not even close to you." 

He closed in and there was barely any gap between the both of you. "Are we close enough?" You could feel his hot breath on your lips and it tingled. 

Your eyes subconsciously closed a little and you breathed, "Oppa..." Daehyun's face immediately lit up and he wanted to just devour your lips there and then but he would scare you off. He crashed your body against him and took a whiff of your lavender scent. Lavender shall be his favourite now.

When you finally realised what was going on, you pushed Daehyun away and tried to breathe normally. "Too close for comfort."

He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck and apologised. "I'll bring you home." He said before taking one of your hands in his naturally. The more you struggled, the tighter was his grip on you. Eventually, you gave up and just walked home with your hands still interlaced.

In no time, the both of you were at the building and Daehyun cursed silently on why must you stay so close to the school. "Uh.. Daehyun-" 

"Oppa. Daehyun oppa." He corrected. 

"Oppa.. I'll go up first. Thanks for sending me home!" You let go of Daehyun's hand but he held on to it, not breaking eye contact. "Raein.. What if we get together?"

You felt like the world stopped. Was that your first ever confession? From a flawless handsome boy? "Wha-What?"

"Be my girlfriend. You know you want to." He said with a mischievous glint in his eyes. You were still staring at Daehyun, not believing what was happening to you. "Silence means consent! You're officially mine now!! Yessah!" He kissed your cheek again and jogged backwards while shouting, "Love you baby!"

"Baby.. BABY?! WHAT KIND OF PET NAME IS THAT JUNG DAEHYUN?!??" You shrieked but he was long gone by the time you woke up from your senses. This is what Jung Daehyun does to you. You placed a hand over your chest. So this is what falling in love feels like. You smiled foolishly to yourself as you made your way back to your apartment.

----------

Ever since that day, Daehyun sent you to school every day and your Friday tutoring sessions became your weekly dates. A few months passed by peacefully with you falling deeper and deeper for Daehyun.

Until one day, one of Daehyun's female classmates asked to meet him in private near the lockers. Jinho had given her clear instructions on what to do and in return, he'll become her boyfriend. She threw Daehyun flirtatious looks and even exposed some cleavage but Daehyun seemed unfazed by her advances.

Without warning, she crashed her lips onto Daehyun's soft lips and devoured it like a professional kisser. Daehyun gasped and pushed her away, wiping his lips with the back of his hand. "These lips are for my girl only. Not a shameless like you who goes around seducing people." He growled and left angrily.

"Say goodbye to your girlfriend and your reputation blondie." Jinho smirked as he emerged from the shadows, holding on his camera.

----------

The next day, as Daehyun and you walked into the cafeteria together, everyone turned their attention on the both of you. You froze and whispered, "Do they know that we are dating?" Daehyun didnt even dare to reply. Jongup ran up to Daehyun and chided him. "You're in deep hyung."

Jinho stood out and got everyone's attention. "Hi! I'm Jinho from the last class of level 3! I want to share some juicy news with you guys! Let the pictures do the talking, shall we?" He smirked and pointed to the big screen projector. 

Pictures of you and Daehyun kissing and holding hands appeared and you gasped in worry. Daehyun's face hardened as the words "Loser trying to get school's belle" appeared. Suddenly a picture of Daehyun kissing that girl showed and everyone let out a gasp. Your bottom lip trembled as you walked closer to the screen. Daehyun muttered a '' and sent a deadly glare to Jinho, who was happily enjoying the slideshow.

"Wha-what is this?" You choked and tried not to cry in front of so many people. "Look baby, I can explain-" He said as he took one of your hands but you shook it off.

"You wanted me to be your girlfriend so that you'll do well in exams right? Well congrats; you're the top in school now. If I was good at Math we'll be first together. But.." You rambled on and started to sob uncontrollably. Daehyun wanted to hug you but you ran off. Before he could chase you, Jinho blocked his way. "Not so fast lover boy. Time for your punishment." 

Daehyun grunted in response. "Still cocky, are we? Leave the school. That’s your punishment." Daehyun's eyes widened twofold and spat, "What’s your ing problem?! I didnt even commit a crime. Is falling in love wrong?" 

Jinho shook his head, "Nope but you cheated on your girlfriend PLUS, you knew that our class can’t have anything to do with the top class and you violated that rule blatantly." 

Daehyun knew he was right. He should have left the moment that girl started to flirt. He broke the rule. No matter what punishment, he has to accept. "What about Raein?"

"Because of her results, she's an asset to this school and therefore, nothing will happen to her. You are a different case." Jinho grumbled at how long this took. "Just leave already."

Daehyun looked around. Even those fan girls who used to look at him with so much love and admiration was gone and replaced with disgust. He cowered in shame and headed for the exit silently.

"Hyung wait up!" Jongup called. "I'll go with you."

Daehyun stopped and looked at Jongup. "No, you stay and study hard."

"What’s the point of coming to school when you're not here hyung, plus I owe you too much. I still owe you for being my guardian and giving me a place to stay since young. I wanna go through this with you. We will find another school!"

Daehyun's eyes glistened with tears and he put an arm over Jongup's shoulder. "Let’s go buddy. I'll always be here, don’t you forget." *Goodbye Raein, take care. I.. really love you.* He thought as he looked at the school sadly and stepped out of the school gates for good.

Jinho smiled victoriously as the top 2 threats were gone. He was going to be the most liked guy from now on! For you, ever since then you didnt think of relationships and just focused on achieving your goal, your dream of becoming a scientist. You thought of Daehyun occasionally but you've not seen him for a long time, until now.