Chapter 28.

3 Days To Fall In Love

"Yongguk?"

The way you called Yongguk made him flinch. Your tone was a mixture of disbelief and pain. This was it. After so long, he is finally back. In front of you. You didn’t expect the one who left you was now standing right in front of you, alive and kicking. The other members paused their celebration momentarily and held their breath while looking at the two lovers. Yongguk stood up from his position, tears blurring his vision.

"Raein.." He walked towards you and you just stood there, not moving a single inch. His eyes flickered in surprise when he saw how badly Sunny had treated you and suddenly all the sympathy he had for Raein was gone. He managed a soft hug, in fear of hurting you. "Raein... I missed you." I miss you. Those three words were enough to make your heart crumble and just forgive him for leaving you. His voice was strained and soft, not to miss the small hint of guilt. You subconsciously let a tear escape from your eyes and hugged him back.

Meanwhile, Kekemato and Jokomato were having a discussion. "Doesn’t she look STRANGELY familiar?!" Kekemato hissed. Jokomato nodded furiously and continued to observe you from the side. You snapped your head up when you heard murmurings and discovered that 5 familiar figures were staring strangely at you. Your face broke out into a grin as you ran up to them, ignoring how your body was burning. "Himchan, Jongup, Daehyun, Youngjae and Junhong! How did you escape?! I just saw you in the room not long ago..." Your voice trailed off as you notice they were in a brand new outfit with a few ripped parts. Furthermore, they had no apparent bruises and they were standing up, looking as strong and energetic as ever. They glanced at you, trying to force a smile but something tells you they aren’t the friends you know.

 

"Who.. Who are you guys?" You asked carefully while taking a step back. Yongguk went up and touched your shoulder gently, making you jump. "Raein, whats wrong?" He furrowed his eyebrows in concern but started to introduce his friends. "They are my alien friends, Raein-ah. Kekemato, Jokomato, Tatsmato, Totomato and Dadamato!" Yongguk chirped as he introduced them from left to right. They gave a small smile and bowed slightly. You shook your head and touched your forehead with the back of your hand to make sure you weren’t sick and having illusions. 

Without warning, you ran back into the rooms and saw the same five faces and they were all bruised and beaten up just like how you left them to see the commotion previously. Yongguk ran behind you and he was also in a state of shock. "What's going on?!" He screeched. "The five of you come in, NOW!" With their leader's order, the five came scrambling in and slowly, gasps were emitted one by one. All of them chorused, "WHY DO THEY LOOK LIKE US?!"

Totomato was on the brink of tears when he saw his doppelganger lying weakly on the floor. Junhong wanted to react and he was equally baffled but he was unable to do anything. Jongup and Youngjae were the two who were overreacting since they weren’t as badly injured as the others. "YOU LOOK LIKE ME." Jongup said as he looked at Dadamato up and down. They even have the same body build, and is equally muscular. "Are you my long lost twin?" Jongup asked and the equally naive Dadamato broke into a grin, shouting, "Yes!! I HAVE A TWIN BROTHER!" The dumb "brothers" hugged each other and jumped around elatedly.

 

Jokomato walked towards Youngjae. They had a staring competition until the both of them scoffed at the same time. "Hey, you're as sarcastic as me. I like that." Jokomato mused. Youngjae lips tugged upwards as he extended his hand for a handshake. "I don’t know why we look alike but its kinda cool. I'm Youngjae." Jokomato returned the handshake, "And I'm Jokomato! Nice to meet you!" Youngjae winced at the un-humanlike name but smiled softly at him.

You looked at the interactions in front of you and realised that none of them knew that their doppelgangers and Yongguk are aliens, except for Daehyun (and Junhong). You bit your lip, thinking of a reason that’s reasonable enough to prove that its TOTALLY NORMAL to meet your doppelgangers and nevertheless FIVE people meeting their doppelgangers. It’s too much of a coincidence. Yongguk made a mental note to ask Professor Bang soon.

You clapped your hands twice, and everyone turned their attention to you. "Can we send my five friends to the hospital first? I don’t think they can hold out any longer.." You trailed off as your vision blurred. Yongguk caught you in his arms before you can fall onto the floor. "Guys, let’s bring them to the hospital soon." Each of the aliens carried their own doppelgangers, except for Yongguk who was carrying you. The burns on your skin were disappearing, leaving your skin in a light pink colour. 

The six humans were immediately sent to the emergency room for treatment. The six aliens, on the other hand, were still wondering why they had doppelgangers on Earth. "Let’s ask Professor Bang.." Yongguk led the others to the emergency staircase and made sure there was no one before contacting Professor Bang with his "watch". A hologram of Professor Bang appeared after a few seconds. His face was grim and a deep frown was on his face. "Is everything settled?"

 

"With B.A.P, of course it’s settled!" Totomato cheered alone, not knowing how tense the atmosphere was. Jokomato coughed and tried to send signals with his face by scrunching up his nose and blinking but Totomato misinterpreted it. "Hyung! Are you alright? Why is your whole face twitching?!" Everyone in the group face palmed but Totomato still had a look of confusion on his face. None of them bothered explaining and looked at Professor Bang.

"We have a question to ask you. It’s really baffling." Kekemato spoke. Professor Bang simply nodded, telling them to continue. "So, after we saved Raein, we saw something freaky. We saw 5 people that look like us! Except Yongguk." Kekemato continued. Professor Bang perked up when he heard the problem and let out an inaudible "WOW". He stood up straight with his arms crossed and looked at the curious boys.

"Doppelgangers? I knew they existed long ago. I just didn’t expect it all to be such a coincidence." 

"What do you mean?"

"You guys know I'm not an alien right? I'm a human, a crazy scientist from South Korea. My whole life, I've believed in things no one will believe in, like aliens. That’s why I was so determined to prove to the world that aliens exist, somehow. However, I cant just create alien faces out of nowhere, right? I didn’t want my aliens to be outstanding, I wanted them to look like humans so that they can blend in if I ever give them missions. So before I left for Mato, I walked around and took pictures of babies so that I can create aliens to look like them when I am back at Mato."

"So I guess.. We found the people who are somewhat responsible for how we look like!" Dadamato smiled foolishly.

"I have something else I want to say." Jokomato interrupted and Kekemato gave him a knowing look. Jokomato took out a picture of you that he secretly captured just now and showed it to Professor Bang. Professor Bang's face paled. Yongguk thought Jokomato was going to tell Professor Bang that you were the one that messed up his life. He reached out and tried to grab his arm but Kekemato grabbed Yongguk instead and pulled him away, shaking his head firmly.

"What the is he doing?!" Yongguk growled.

Jokomato looked at Yongguk who was glaring at him and he flinched slightly. He turned back to Professor Bang. *It’s all for his own good.* Jokomato took in a deep breath and said, "Can you check if you have ever created this girl before?" Professor gulped and his eyes widened. "Whe-Where did you find her? Where is she?!" He seemed almost ballistic and on the verge of tears.

"She's Raein, the one that Yongguk likes." Tatsmato blurted. Everyone was wondering why Professor Bang was acting like this. He started to cry uncontrollably as he tried to reach for the picture from his hologram. "Professor Bang, are you alright??" Totomato asked worriedly.

"I miss her.." Professor Bang muttered between sobs. He looked at the six aliens and let out a heavy sigh. "Yes. I created an alien that looked like her because I miss her so much. The truth is...

Raein's the daughter that I abandoned before I came to Mato."